Microsoft Retail Management for use in gas/con. store

How good is Microsoft Retail Management for use in a shell gas/convenience
store
0
Richard853 (481)
11/29/2004 10:17:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It is ok but it doesn't interface to gas pumps. But then again you don't
want to do that anyway. Keep them seperate.
It should wrork fine and you can do deli stuff with scales also.
But there are Cash registers that are better suited to C stores.
"Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How good is Microsoft Retail Management for use in a shell gas/convenience
> store

0
Rick5747 (287)

MSO Rules using "or"
I have recently moved from using OE to MSO. I have found the message rules that use the "or" operator only acts on the first item. e.g. my rule is: with "A" or "B" or "C" in the senders address move it to "X" and stop processing more rules. This rule only acts on the first item ("A") and ignores the rest. I have tried re-arranging the A B and C, but it always acts only on the first item. Where am I going wrong? Cheers, Brodie anyone??? "Brodie" <bshields at 0ptusnet _ c0m _ au> wrote in message news:3ff39b2...

Database Size, Database Corruption, Message Store & Storage Group
We're just recovering from an Exchange disaster. We discovered that we could not get database backups off of two of our four storage groups. We then discovered we were down one drive in our RAID 5 array. Then we discovered that we could not rebuild onto a new drive, probably due to issues on a second drive. We then attempted to save as much data as we could by exmerging data out of the two damaged stores and moving mailboxes to a second server. In the midst of this, the server crashed and would not reboot. We've since rebuild and recovered what we could, but we want to kn...

Location of Integration Manager Database
Is there a problem with putting the IM.mdb file on a network server and letting multiple people access it? Everything I've read about IM seem to imply that the database should be put on the workstation. I realize there may be a path issue if drive mappings aren't consistant. Is that the only issue or are there others? Bob, You can put the IM database on a network and allow multiple users to access it. That is how i configure my integrations. It also hs the advantage of having one central place for all integrations and the usually server gets backed up, so you have it on backp if y...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

FS Contract Managment
Hi... I want to use the revenue recognition process which can be done by checking "create revenue" on the contract maintnenace screen. The box disappears if I change the billing frequency to something other than "monthy". Does anyone understand why? THanks, S ...

Assigning Exchange 2003 Distribution group management
Can Exchange (Active Directory) 2003 distribution groups be managed by non-privileged personnel? I put the name of a non-privileged user in a distribution group's Managed By tab's name field but the user gets an unauthorized error when using Outlook's Address Book to add users to the group. Thank you, Scott you need to assign the "write" permission on the security tab of the DL... "Scott Lemen" <Scott Lemen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE45D3B7-7260-4246-9532-BC78CC106544@microsoft.com... > Can Exchange (Active Directory) 200...

Using Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 5.5
Hello, I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP1 (updated) and I am connecting to Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 (running on NT4). There is some issue I saw on connection, is there some way that I can used my Outlook 2003 connecting on Exchange 5.5? If not, can I install Outlook XP and remove Outlook 2003 without affecting the other component on Office 2003? Thanks in advance. ...

Microsoft Promo

Can I delete a file that is in use
I have a malocious file called sdra64.exe it's in my appdata\roaming folder I can't delete it because it isays it s in use by another program How can I set it up so that it is deleted somehow? Thanks I have a malocious file called sdra64.exe it's in my appdata\roaming folder I can't delete it because it isays it s in use by another program How can I set it up so that it is deleted somehow? Thanks You can try using the task manager. Bring up the manager and go to processes and stop it from running. You can try to delete from Safe Mo...

microsoft XL

What function need to be used
I am preparing a mark sheet in which i have columns for year, month and subjects. In rows I am inserting names of students for year and month. Now I am preparing a list in which I am only listing students name in one column and subjects in other columns. I am preparing data list for selecting year and month. whenever I select month and year, in my mark list area, the marks of corresponding year and month should be displaced. what are the functions i need to use. I have excel sheet for the same. If anyone want to solve my problem pls mail me omdkhaleel@gmail.com. I will send the s...

Which version of Microsoft Office #2

Requisition Management -- Requisition Approver Role
I am trying to set up a Hierarchy on Requisition Management, where the Requisition Approver Role has an unlimited approval limit, and user not attached to the Requisition Approver role can approve only up to $500. Does the system require an approver to have the requisition approver role to do any type of approvals? If so, can you copy this role and use the copied role to allow a user limited to the 500 role? ------=_NextPart_0001_40856399 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi again Christin, I just updated your other Approval Limit / Hierarchy question. I believe th...

using former OTLK XP/2002 .pst with OTLK 2007
I try to search knowledge base but could'nt find a clear answer. I will soon move to a new PC on Vista with Office 2007. 1) will I be able to move/copy OTLK XP .pst personal and archive data files to the equivalent OTLK 2007 data path on the new PC to get all my mail accounts, contacts, personal and archive folders working in OTLK 2007? or 2) do I have to use import to get these into blank default OTLK 2007 .pst file created during OTLK 2007 installation? (I am guessing blank .pst files are created on install). Thanks in advance. A simple link would do. -- Alain Caillet Ala...

Microsoft Office 2004
Hi I have been using the microsoft office 2004 on an ibook G4 on panther for the last 6 months. Recently, it is refusing to read some of the excel and powerpoint file created on a PC under the Office 97. I can see the file name but not the icon next to it when I look under Finder. When I click on the file name, the file disappears from view completely. At first I thought it was a software issue so I re-install the Microsoft Office 2004, but the problem persists. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions to solve it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, June In artic...

Outlook using Groupwise Connector
I have installed and uninstalled Outlook 2003 and the GroupWise Connector for Outlook so many times in the last few days it is driving me nuts. We are still on GroupWise 6.5 post offices and I have a Connector that is supposed to work. If I install just the Connector and Outlook 2003, when I start Outlook it will way it can't find some gw***.dll file. So, if I then install GroupWise as well (which you can do - just don't run them at the same time) Outlook will recognize the post office and load the existing emails. However after a few seconds (before I get complete control) I ge...

Synchronizing 2 x Microsoft Outlook 2007 #2
I have MS outlook 2007 on two different PCs. How Can I synchronized the Calendars from boot Outlooks. Thanks. Locksley ...

How to use FV function
Hi I'm trying to figure out how to use the FV function to come up with a future value in Excel. The data from excel is listed like this: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Investment Plan Analysis Monthly Deposit Interest Rate Years Future Value 900 5.00% 15 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 900 is in cell B6, 5.00% is in cell B7, 15 is in B8, the cell that is supposed to have the FV fun...