Merge Customer Accounts

Does anyone have a way to merge customer accounts?

0
Butch4645 (32)
4/20/2006 10:27:23 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Butch - there's an article in the knowledgebase on customersource that
explains how to do this by running queries against the database.  Make sure
you first make a backup of your database before attempting anything however.

hth
kevin

"Butch" wrote:

> Does anyone have a way to merge customer accounts?

Butch,

If you have access to CustomerSource; http://tinyurl.com/hdt9u

--
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

"Butch" <Butch@jpcrystal.com> wrote in message
Does anyone have a way to merge customer accounts?

0
spam3944 (2163)

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Save Workbook Under Custom Name
I have came across assistance to save a workbook using a macro which will save a workbook with a name typed in a specific cell. It works nicely, but I want to specify also the path and sub-directory in which the file must be saved. I have used the following code ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Range("Name").Value The contents in Range "Name" will be the file name, but it will safe the workbook under the new name in the same directory in which the master file is allocated. Once I am able to specify the path, I want to expand my macro to clear all ranges as well, then the master wi...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Account Group ID #2
Even though I have included Account Group ID in my FA import it is not being assigned to the asset. This is a problem since the asset G/L depends on this ID. Right now all assets appear to be defaulting to the default Account Group ID. ...

Outlook 2010
In Outlook 2003 I had one .pst file with all contacts inside, but used 3 email accounts with no automatic rules for mail delivery. I manually put the emails down in it's respective archive.pst files and want it done this way. In Outlook 2010 when using several email accounts, it's automatically established one .pst file for each email account where the respective email drops into. Is there a way to have it all into one "Personal Folder" (the old way)? (I want to send emails were sender account is the only on showing as sender and not any "sent on behalf ...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

Word mail merge

importing customer information
is is possible to import customer information from an excel spreadsheet into rms? I have the need to import approximately 700 customers with various account balances. -- mich Its' the account balances that are going to get you. Find QSCImport on CustomerSource and use that. You will be much happier. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "mbegnaud" wrote: > is is possible to import customer information from an excel spreadsheet into > rms? I have the need to import approximately 700 customers with various > account balances. > -- > mich I am sorry "T...

Convert a category into an asset account
Hi, I have been writing checks to pay for materials for a new building, and assigning those payments to various subcategories of a main category "Our new Garage". Now I realize I should have created an asset account for the new building and transfered the funds from the checking account to the asset account instead. I would like to know if there is any way to convert the whole category into an asset account showing the amounts I have paid as assets. Thanks. Probably not easily. Find/Replace will let you replace a category with an income/expense category but doesn't seem ...

OL '03
I use custom views in the task folder. For some reason, these custom views keep disappearing. I can not find a pattern as to when/why they disappear, except that they are lost between logins. When I first login at the beginning of the day and first click on the Task icon to open the folder, my last used custom view will still be in the window. However, it disappears from the "current view" drop down and radio- button lists. If I change the view, I can not get the custom one back. When my custom view is up, I have tried going to "define views" and copying the curre...

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

Dialog, Custom Controls and Extension DLLs...
I am trying to convert our DLLs from Regular to Extension, and I ran into a problem where Create() is now failing for one of my dialogs. I've narrowed it down to the fact that this dialog has a custom control. The custom control class is imported from a DLL. Here is the scenario in more detail: In DLL1, I have the dialog and code that tries to create it... class Dialog { CustomControl customControl; }; void onSomeMessage() { Dialog.Create(IDD_OF_A_DIALOG_RESOURCE_DEFINED_IN_DLL1); } In DLL2, I have an exported custom control that looks like this... class DLL2_API CustomContr...

merge and compare
We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. Is there any hope??? jimired wrote: > We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. > > Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need > to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. > > Is there any hope??? Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP An add-in which compares two worksh...

Custom Buttons #2
I had several custom buttons to activate some macroses in my Excel but suddenly today they disappeared. It happen for the second time. The macroses are still there in my excel10.xlb. Could someone tell me where these custom buttons are saved in excel by default, and how could i restore them? Svilen Pachedzhiev Hi menu Tools > Options > View ensure "Show all" is selected under "Objects" HTH. Best wishes Harald "Svilen Pachedjiev" <Pachedjiev.S@bnbank.org> skrev i melding news:%23czbTwx9EHA.3700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I had several custom b...

Merging worksheet into MS Word mail merge
I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Excel field that contains $ and commas separating the hundreds and thousands, the $ and the , do not show up in the merged letter. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? -- Briggs Hi Instead of just referring to the cell e.g. A1 use =TEXT(A1,"[$$-409]#,##0.00") -- Regards Roger Govier "Briggs" <Briggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F326201-A50F-45E5-9767-4C189ACA5529@microsoft.com... > I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Exc...

Account Summary borken?
I've been using Money 2004 for about a year now and realized that the "account summary" for all my investment accounts is supposed to have useful info, and I don't sem to have that. When I go to account summary for any investment account there 3 columns labeled "currency" and thats all. For each column there are entries that say "US Dollar", the correct number of lines for the number of investments in that account. I can right-click those and get a menu that takes me to useful info like details etc, but the security name and other info does not show up ...

How can I get bar codes w/ Excel & mail merge?
I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of money. Can you help? >-----Original Message----- >I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses >printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see >where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of >money. Can you help? >. > hi, I not entirely...

Custom button with fixed discount
I've seen posts on displaying the discount dialog and I know how to create custom buttons. However, I haven't seen a complete answer on how to create a button that would apply a fixed discount to one or more items in a transaction. For example, I would like to create a button that would apply a 10% discount to the selected item. Thanks You can create a Macro to apply a specific discount amount - there is a Knowledge Base article detailing this available on Customer Source. There is no built in way of linking a Macro to a Custom Button. If you search this group using Google Gr...

Balance Account Issues...
I have Microsoft Money Plus and have been using the Money suite of applications for over 4 years. Today, when I went to go and balance my checking account via... * Common Tasks * Balance This Account * Clicked Next * Typed in the Statement Date and Ending Balance and Clicked Next * I checked all my "Cleared" transactions and clicked "Next" when my balance was "0". Nothing happened! I tried balancing my savings account and it works fine, but my checking account won't balance. Any ideas? Thanks On Nov 9, 3:48=A0pm, neal.m.s...@gmail.com wrote: > I ...

Changing the user password without the use of SA or DYNSA accounts
Is there any way to save a user password in GP v10 without the use of the SA or DYNSA login? I would like to grant security to one user to do this. Currently the save button is greyed out unless they log in as SA or DYNSA. Thank you You can do this by granting that user sysadmin rights in SQL management Studio. In SMS, expand the Security folder, then logins, then find that user, right click the user, go to properties, click server roles and check the box for sysadmin. "Junior De Alba" wrote: > Is there any way to save a user password in GP v10 without the use of the S...

Error in Mail Merge when selecting Edit Individual Labels
We are noticing an interesting error when trying to perform a mail merge within CRM and Microsoft Word. We have created a view in contacts and we perform all the typical mail merge functionality using the Labels option. At the end, instead of printing the labels without any edits, we click on “Edit Individual labels” and we get the following error… C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are on CRM v4 Update Rollup 8 using Outlook 2007 and the CRM Outlook (Online only) client. Has an...

Account Descriptions in FRx
Is there a way to have the GL Account Description from the GL COA to automatically show when using GL Link to an account number. I have read and looked at both Row Formats and Column Layout and cannot find this. thanks, -- Phil Gilbert Free Radical, LTD. Phil, If your rows are linked to GP's COA, the only report that will show the account descriptions as they appear in GP will be the Account Detail report, which is printed as a result of choosing Account + Transaction Detail in your catalog of reports. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business...

Pasting into merged cells #3
I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an area that has merged cells. When I do this I either get an error message or when I use the Paste values and number formats it only pastes every other entry. Is there another way to paste that I don't know of that will paste into the merged cells? -- Thanks, Nikki Hi best would be to get rid of merged cells. You could of course paste cell by cell "Nikki" wrote: > I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an > area that has merged cells. When I do ...

Autofit Row & Merged Cells
Is this just me or is it a common problem: I have some text in a cell. The cell is merged along a row with the adjacent cells, I have put word wrap on. Now Autofit Row doesn't work and only shows the first line of text. Is there anything I can do, apart for manually adjust the row height? Regards Take a look at this macro by Jim Rech: http://google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 If you need help getting started with macros, look at David McRitchie's Getting Started with Macros page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm In article...

Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged doc
Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we change that setting. -- Serena -- Serena "Serena K." wrote: > Merged letter and made changes to merged letters. Final merged document has > date in field code and atty wants to change it from Jan 5 to Jan 4. She does > search and replace but the date automatically updates on print, even if we > change that setting. >...