Merchant Services #3

One of my local merchant providers wanted to know what software platform we
are using on MS Dynamics POS 2009.  Of course he asked if we use an installed
software; such as, ICVerify, PC Charge, and SmartPayments.

I understand it's an embedded software that is completely part of the POS.
In setup and configuration I see no requirement to install a CC software.  Am
I correct, or are we going to need to have each client use one of the three
he listed?
Thanks-
--
JWray
Sawtooth Technology

As of right now, none will work. They will need to develope an addin for
each of the three you mentioned to get it to work with POS2K9.

--
Maurice Gordon
Maurice@americanretailsupply.com

"JWray" <JWray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One of my local merchant providers wanted to know what software platform
> we
> are using on MS Dynamics POS 2009.  Of course he asked if we use an
> installed
> software; such as, ICVerify, PC Charge, and SmartPayments.
>
> I understand it's an embedded software that is completely part of the POS.
> In setup and configuration I see no requirement to install a CC software.
> Am
> I correct, or are we going to need to have each client use one of the
> three
> he listed?
> Thanks-
> --
> JWray
> Sawtooth Technology

0
maurice1766 (189)
9/24/2009 5:16:51 PM
OR, they don't need any of those, right?  Who is 'they' that need to develop
an addin--MS, Visa/MC, or one the three existing SW companies?

This is very frustrating.  I have a someone who will refer me to new and
existing clients, but POS2K9 is not offering me the flexibility most
retailers need when it comes to merchant services.  What gives, and when?
--
JWray
Sawtooth Technology

"Maurice @ ARS" wrote:

> As of right now, none will work. They will need to develope an addin for
> each of the three you mentioned to get it to work with POS2K9.
>
> --
> Maurice Gordon
> Maurice@americanretailsupply.com
> Sales/Support
> 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307
>

> "JWray" <JWray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > One of my local merchant providers wanted to know what software platform
> > we
> > are using on MS Dynamics POS 2009.  Of course he asked if we use an
> > installed
> > software; such as, ICVerify, PC Charge, and SmartPayments.
> >
> > I understand it's an embedded software that is completely part of the POS.
> > In setup and configuration I see no requirement to install a CC software.
> > Am
> > I correct, or are we going to need to have each client use one of the
> > three
> > he listed?
> > Thanks-
> > --
> > JWray
> > Sawtooth Technology

0
jwray (29)
9/24/2009 8:23:01 PM
They = IcVerify, PCCharge and Smart Payments

most processor can operate on the vital platform and that is available in
POS2K9, but that doesnt mean that the mercahnt is going to get the best
rates, as Vital/Tsys usually cost more, you can also use If I remember
correctly FDS(First Data) oh and the online processing through microsoft.

Microsoft has in some parts with processing gone the way of Quickbooks,
giving you little options to choose from.

I have spoke to Smart Payments and last discussion, not options for creating
an add-on for POS2K9

--

> OR, they don't need any of those, right?  Who is 'they' that need to
> develop
> an addin--MS, Visa/MC, or one the three existing SW companies?
>
> This is very frustrating.  I have a someone who will refer me to new and
> existing clients, but POS2K9 is not offering me the flexibility most
> retailers need when it comes to merchant services.  What gives, and when?
> --
> JWray
> Sawtooth Technology
>

> "Maurice @ ARS" wrote:
>
>> As of right now, none will work. They will need to develope an addin for
>> each of the three you mentioned to get it to work with POS2K9.
>>
>> --
>> Maurice Gordon
>> Maurice@americanretailsupply.com
>> Sales/Support
>> 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307
>>

>> "JWray" <JWray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > One of my local merchant providers wanted to know what software
>> > platform
>> > we
>> > are using on MS Dynamics POS 2009.  Of course he asked if we use an
>> > installed
>> > software; such as, ICVerify, PC Charge, and SmartPayments.
>> >
>> > I understand it's an embedded software that is completely part of the
>> > POS.
>> > In setup and configuration I see no requirement to install a CC
>> > software.
>> > Am
>> > I correct, or are we going to need to have each client use one of the
>> > three
>> > he listed?
>> > Thanks-
>> > --
>> > JWray
>> > Sawtooth Technology

0
maurice1766 (189)

------=_NextPart_000_0097_01CA438A.7C397A90

JWray,

but POS2K9 is not offering me the flexibility most=20
retailers need when it comes to merchant services.  What gives, and =
when?

I guess you haven't used POS2k9 much then.  Then you will really see the =
lack of flexibility!

POS2k9 is going with the big two. FDC and Vital processing networks, in =
addition to their own slice of the heaven with Microsoft Dynamics Online =
services, which will add some addition ones like PayPal and SourceOne =
(in Australia, I think)

Part of the reason PCC, ICV and others are no longer used is because of =
a dirty little secret, in the configuration used with those programs and =
RMS/POS, it uses a plain text transfer file that is not PCI compliant.  =
A nasty sniffer or capture program could look at, copy and transfer the =
information and send it to a nasty. It's just plain text and always the =
same name!!

Anyway, get your guy to get a TSYS (Vital) or FDC processing account and =
go for it!!!

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w  (Stolen from DRS)
=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "JWray" <JWray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  OR, they don't need any of those, right?  Who is 'they' that need to =
develop=20
  an addin--MS, Visa/MC, or one the three existing SW companies?

  This is very frustrating.  I have a someone who will refer me to new =
and=20
  existing clients, but POS2K9 is not offering me the flexibility most=20

  "Maurice @ ARS" wrote:

  > As of right now, none will work. They will need to develope an addin =
for=20
  > each of the three you mentioned to get it to work with POS2K9.
  >=20
  > --=20
  > Maurice Gordon
  > Maurice@americanretailsupply.com
  > Sales/Support
  > 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307
  >=20
  >=20
  > "JWray" <JWray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
  > > One of my local merchant providers wanted to know what software =
platform=20
  > > we
  > > are using on MS Dynamics POS 2009.  Of course he asked if we use =
an=20
  > > installed
  > > software; such as, ICVerify, PC Charge, and SmartPayments.
  > >
  > > I understand it's an embedded software that is completely part of =
the POS.
  > > In setup and configuration I see no requirement to install a CC =
software.=20
  > > Am
  > > I correct, or are we going to need to have each client use one of =
the=20
  > > three
  > > he listed?
  > > Thanks-
  > > --=20
  > > JWray
  > > Sawtooth Technology=20
  >=20
  >=20

------=_NextPart_000_0097_01CA438A.7C397A90

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.18813"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>JWray,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#ff0000>but POS2K9 is not offering me the flexibility =
most=20
<BR>retailers need when it comes to merchant services.&nbsp; What gives, =
and=20
when?<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>I guess you haven't used POS2k9 much =
then.&nbsp; Then=20
you will really see the lack of flexibility!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>POS2k9 is going with the big two. FDC and =
Vital=20
processing networks, in addition to their own slice of the heaven with =
Microsoft=20
Dynamics Online services, which will add some addition ones like PayPal =
and=20
SourceOne (in Australia, I think)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Part of the reason PCC,&nbsp;ICV and others =
are no=20
longer used is because of a dirty little secret, in the configuration =
used with=20
those programs and RMS/POS, it uses a plain text transfer file that is =
not PCI=20
compliant.&nbsp; A nasty sniffer or capture program could look at, copy =
and=20
transfer the information and send it to a nasty. It's just plain text =
and always=20
the same name!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Anyway, get your guy to get a TSYS (Vital) or =
FDC=20
processing account and go for it!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>Search this newsgroup -- <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w">http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w</A>&nbsp; =
(Stolen=20
from =
DRS)<BR>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #008000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
  <DIV>"JWray" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:JWray@discussions.microsoft.com">JWray@discussions.microso=
ft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:75A0CAE5-45D2-4D89-9BC9-1A57460F799F@microsoft.com">news:75A=
0CAE5-45D2-4D89-9BC9-1A57460F799F@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>OR,=20
  they don't need any of those, right?&nbsp; Who is 'they' that need to =
develop=20
  <BR>an addin--MS, Visa/MC, or one the three existing SW =
companies?<BR><BR>This=20
  is very frustrating.&nbsp; I have a someone who will refer me to new =
and=20
  <BR>existing clients, but POS2K9 is not offering me the flexibility =
most=20
  <BR>retailers need when it comes to merchant services.&nbsp; What =
gives, and=20
  when?<BR>-- <BR>JWray<BR>Sawtooth Technology<BR><BR><BR>"Maurice @ =
ARS"=20
  wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; As of right now, none will work. They will need to =
develope=20
  an addin for <BR>&gt; each of the three you mentioned to get it to =
work with=20
  POS2K9.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; Maurice Gordon<BR>&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Maurice@americanretailsupply.com">Maurice@americanretailsu=
pply.com</A><BR>&gt;=20
  Sales/Support<BR>&gt; 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
"JWray"=20
  &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:JWray@discussions.microsoft.com">JWray@discussions.microso=
ft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <BR>&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:33736C1D-5A59-4852-8708-498220C294D5@microsoft.com">news:337=
36C1D-5A59-4852-8708-498220C294D5@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt; One of my local merchant providers wanted to know what software =
platform=20
  <BR>&gt; &gt; we<BR>&gt; &gt; are using on MS Dynamics POS 2009.&nbsp; =
Of=20
  course he asked if we use an <BR>&gt; &gt; installed<BR>&gt; &gt; =
software;=20
  such as, ICVerify, PC Charge, and SmartPayments.<BR>&gt; &gt;<BR>&gt; =
&gt; I=20
  understand it's an embedded software that is completely part of the=20
  POS.<BR>&gt; &gt; In setup and configuration I see no requirement to =
install a=20
  CC software. <BR>&gt; &gt; Am<BR>&gt; &gt; I correct, or are we going =
to need=20
  to have each client use one of the <BR>&gt; &gt; three<BR>&gt; &gt; he =

  listed?<BR>&gt; &gt; Thanks-<BR>&gt; &gt; -- <BR>&gt; &gt; =
JWray<BR>&gt; &gt;=20
  Sawtooth Technology <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0097_01CA438A.7C397A90--

0
cptsoft (1247)
10/3/2009 1:02:20 AM
Jeff,

Do these issues exist for the PC-Charge option the RMS 1.3R as well?
What is the recommendation for integrated processing for RMS 1.3R?

Thanks,

Dan

--
Dan Rishworth
Enduro Sport, Inc.

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01CA83BE.351D0680

Dan,

The PCC issues are there with any RMS version.

RMS 1.3 is not PCI compliant anyway, only 2.0.0116 and higher is. =20

Next year your credit card processors will be asking for and verifying =
your software versions and will need to update, otherwise you will =
either have to go back to a terminal or pay a fine every month. Some =
have already started, we've already had a couple clients charged $30 per =
month for non compliance.  In two, maybe three years, I forget, they =
won=92t allow non-PCI compliant applications at all.

If you have let your support lapse, I suggest you start looking into it =
right now as the new way MDR (Microsoft Dynamics Retail) has decided to =
incorporate lapsed fees, the price goes up _every_ day.

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w  (Stolen from DRS)
=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "Dan Rishworth" <dan@BADFISHendurosport.com> wrote in message =
  Jeff,

  Do these issues exist for the PC-Charge option the RMS 1.3R as well?=20
  What is the recommendation for integrated processing for RMS 1.3R?

  Thanks,

  Dan

  In article <5C7F88C2-F439-491C-8883-E2F0BFADE7AA@microsoft.com>,
   "Jeff @ Check Point Software" <cptsoft@hotmail.com> wrote:

  > JWray,
  >=20
  > but POS2K9 is not offering me the flexibility most=20
  > retailers need when it comes to merchant services.  What gives, and =
when?
  >=20
  > I guess you haven't used POS2k9 much then.  Then you will really see =
the lack=20
  > of flexibility!
  >=20
  > POS2k9 is going with the big two. FDC and Vital processing networks, =
in=20
  > addition to their own slice of the heaven with Microsoft Dynamics =
Online=20
  > services, which will add some addition ones like PayPal and =
SourceOne (in=20
  > Australia, I think)
  >=20
  >=20
  > Part of the reason PCC, ICV and others are no longer used is because =
of a=20
  > dirty little secret, in the configuration used with those programs =
and=20
  > RMS/POS, it uses a plain text transfer file that is not PCI =
compliant.  A=20
  > nasty sniffer or capture program could look at, copy and transfer =
the=20
  > information and send it to a nasty. It's just plain text and always =
the same=20
  > name!!
  >=20
  > Anyway, get your guy to get a TSYS (Vital) or FDC processing account =
and go=20
  > for it!!!
  >=20
  > --=20
  >=20
  > Jeff=20
  > Check Point Software
  >=20
  > Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w  (Stolen from =
DRS)
  > =
=3D=3D=3D
  >=20
  > You must be using Outlook Express/Windows Mail or some other type of =

  > newsgroup reader to
  > see and download the file attachment(s).  If you are not using a =
reader,=20
  > follow
  > the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with =
newsreader"
  > under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
  >=20
  > http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
  > =
=3D=3D=3D
  >=20
  >=20
  >   "JWray" <JWray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
  >   OR, they don't need any of those, right?  Who is 'they' that need =
to=20
  >   develop=20
  >   an addin--MS, Visa/MC, or one the three existing SW companies?
  >=20
  >   This is very frustrating.  I have a someone who will refer me to =
new and=20
  >   existing clients, but POS2K9 is not offering me the flexibility =
most=20
  >   retailers need when it comes to merchant services.  What gives, =
and when?
  >   --=20
  >   JWray
  >   Sawtooth Technology
  >=20
  >=20
  >   "Maurice @ ARS" wrote:
  >=20
  >   > As of right now, none will work. They will need to develope an =
addin for=20
  >   > each of the three you mentioned to get it to work with POS2K9.
  >   >=20
  >   > --=20
  >   > Maurice Gordon
  >   > Maurice@americanretailsupply.com
  >   > Sales/Support
  >   > 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307
  >   >=20
  >   >=20
  >   > "JWray" <JWray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
  >   > news:33736C1D-5A59-4852-8708-498220C294D5@microsoft.com...
  >   > > One of my local merchant providers wanted to know what =
software=20
  >   > > platform=20
  >   > > we
  >   > > are using on MS Dynamics POS 2009.  Of course he asked if we =
use an=20
  >   > > installed
  >   > > software; such as, ICVerify, PC Charge, and SmartPayments.
  >   > >
  >   > > I understand it's an embedded software that is completely part =
of the=20
  >   > > POS.
  >   > > In setup and configuration I see no requirement to install a =
CC=20
  >   > > software.=20
  >   > > Am
  >   > > I correct, or are we going to need to have each client use one =
of the=20
  >   > > three
  >   > > he listed?
  >   > > Thanks-
  >   > > --=20
  >   > > JWray
  >   > > Sawtooth Technology=20
  >   >=20
  >   >=20
  >   >

  --=20
  Dan Rishworth
  Enduro Sport, Inc.
  mailto:dan@BADFISHendurosport.com
  http://www.endurosport.com/
------=_NextPart_000_001A_01CA83BE.351D0680

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3DWindows-1252 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.18865"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Dan,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>The PCC issues are there with any RMS=20
version.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>RMS 1.3 is not PCI compliant anyway, only =
2.0.0116 and=20
higher is.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Next year your credit card processors will be =
asking=20
for and verifying your software versions and will need to update, =
otherwise you=20
will either have to go back to a terminal or pay a fine every =
month.&nbsp;Some=20
have already started, we've already had a couple clients&nbsp;charged =
$30 per=20
month for non compliance.&nbsp; In two, maybe three&nbsp;years, I =
forget, they=20
won=92t allow non-PCI compliant applications at all.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>If you have let your support lapse, I suggest =
you start=20
looking into it right now as the new way MDR (Microsoft Dynamics Retail) =
has=20
decided to incorporate lapsed fees, the price goes up _every_ =
day.</FONT></DIV>
title=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w">http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w</A>&nbsp; =
(Stolen=20
from =
DRS)<BR>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #008000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
  <DIV>"Dan Rishworth" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:dan@BADFISHendurosport.com">dan@BADFISHendurosport.com</A>=
&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:dan-FC8788.21433118122009@msnews.microsoft.com">news:dan-FC8=
788.21433118122009@msnews.microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Jeff,<BR><BR>Do=20
  these issues exist for the PC-Charge option the RMS 1.3R as well? =
<BR>What is=20
  the recommendation for integrated processing for RMS=20
  1.3R?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Dan<BR><BR><BR><BR>In article &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:5C7F88C2-F439-491C-8883-E2F0BFADE7AA@microsoft.com">5C7F88=
C2-F439-491C-8883-E2F0BFADE7AA@microsoft.com</A>&gt;,<BR>&nbsp;"Jeff=20
  @ Check Point Software" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:cptsoft@hotmail.com">cptsoft@hotmail.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; JWray,<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; but POS2K9 is not offering =
me the=20
  flexibility most <BR>&gt; retailers need when it comes to merchant=20
  services.&nbsp; What gives, and when?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I guess you =
haven't=20
  used POS2k9 much then.&nbsp; Then you will really see the lack =
<BR>&gt; of=20
  flexibility!<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; POS2k9 is going with the big two. FDC =
and Vital=20
  processing networks, in <BR>&gt; addition to their own slice of the =
heaven=20
  with Microsoft Dynamics Online <BR>&gt; services, which will add some =
addition=20
  ones like PayPal and SourceOne (in <BR>&gt; Australia, I =
think)<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Part of the reason PCC, ICV and others are no longer =
used is=20
  because of a <BR>&gt; dirty little secret, in the configuration used =
with=20
  those programs and <BR>&gt; RMS/POS, it uses a plain text transfer =
file that=20
  is not PCI compliant.&nbsp; A <BR>&gt; nasty sniffer or capture =
program could=20
  look at, copy and transfer the <BR>&gt; information and send it to a =
nasty.=20
  It's just plain text and always the same <BR>&gt; name!!<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
  Anyway, get your guy to get a TSYS (Vital) or FDC processing account =
and go=20
  <BR>&gt; for it!!!<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Jeff <BR>&gt; =
Check=20
  Point Software<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Search this newsgroup -- <A=20
  href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w">http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w</A>&nbsp; =
(Stolen=20
  from DRS)<BR>&gt;=20
  =
=3D=3D=3D<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; You=20
  must be using Outlook Express/Windows Mail or some other type of =
<BR>&gt;=20
  newsgroup reader to<BR>&gt; see and download the file =
attachment(s).&nbsp; If=20
  you are not using a reader, <BR>&gt; follow<BR>&gt; the link below to =
setup=20
  Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open with newsreader"<BR>&gt; under =
the MS=20
  Retail Management System on the right.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <A=20
  href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A><BR>&gt; =

  =
=3D=3D=3D<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "JWray" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:JWray@discussions.microsoft.com">JWray@discussions.microso=
ft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:75A0CAE5-45D2-4D89-9BC9-1A57460F799F@microsoft.com">news:75A=
0CAE5-45D2-4D89-9BC9-1A57460F799F@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
  OR, they don't need any of those, right?&nbsp; Who is 'they' that need =
to=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; develop <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; an addin--MS, =
Visa/MC, or=20
  one the three existing SW companies?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; This =
is very=20
  frustrating.&nbsp; I have a someone who will refer me to new and=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; existing clients, but POS2K9 is not offering me =
the=20
  flexibility most <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; retailers need when it comes to =
merchant=20
  services.&nbsp; What gives, and when?<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; --=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; JWray<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Sawtooth =
Technology<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Maurice @ ARS" wrote:<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; As of right now, none will work. They will =
need to=20
  develope an addin for <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; each of the three you=20
  mentioned to get it to work with POS2K9.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; -- <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Maurice=20
  Gordon<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Maurice@americanretailsupply.com">Maurice@americanretailsu=
pply.com</A><BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt; Sales/Support<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; 1-800-426-5708 XT=20
  1307<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt; "JWray" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:JWray@discussions.microsoft.com">JWray@discussions.microso=
ft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:33736C1D-5A59-4852-8708-498220C294D5@microsoft.com">news:337=
36C1D-5A59-4852-8708-498220C294D5@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
  &gt; &gt; One of my local merchant providers wanted to know what =
software=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; platform <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; =

  we<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; are using on MS Dynamics POS =
2009.&nbsp; Of=20
  course he asked if we use an <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;=20
  installed<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; software; such as, ICVerify, =
PC=20
  Charge, and SmartPayments.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; =
&gt;<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt; &gt; I understand it's an embedded software that is completely =
part of=20
  the <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; POS.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; =
In setup=20
  and configuration I see no requirement to install a CC =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt; &gt; software. <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; =
Am<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  &gt; I correct, or are we going to need to have each client use one of =
the=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; three<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; he=20
  listed?<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; Thanks-<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; =
&gt; --=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; JWray<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; =
Sawtooth=20
  Technology <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>-- <BR>Dan =
Rishworth<BR>Enduro=20
  Sport, Inc.<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:dan@BADFISHendurosport.com">mailto:dan@BADFISHendurosport.=
com</A><BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.endurosport.com/">http://www.endurosport.com/</A></BLO=
CKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01CA83BE.351D0680--

0
cptsoft (1247)

Merchant Accounts
Who are folks using for merchant accounts through RMS? I looking for best prices and ease of integration with RMS. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Michael Hi Michael Check out Abanco - http://www.abanco.com/index.php/ips/rms. They have an RMS plug in and give you a web interface to manage your payments. Dominic mhodgdon wrote: > Who are folks using for merchant accounts through RMS? I looking for best > prices and ease of integration with RMS. Any help would be greatly > appreciated. > > Michael ...

Dynamics GP Service Pack 2
A quick question, where can I find a listing on what Service Pack 2 addressed -- Clay Tait Tait Distributors Clay, Here is a link to the KB Article that lists all the fixes: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYKORSXPPNNWUNVVRWNXTZTOWVKTPRTTXYRMZZSMYZZLTXZXMY -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Clay Tait" <ClayTait@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2566B6AF-AA31-4DDE-BCB1-5FB39880E0A0@microsoft.com... >A quick question, > > where can I find a listing on what Service Pack 2 addressed ...

How to thread something in what will become a Windows Service....
I have something I'm writing as a windows form right now but it will eventually be a Windows Service. For a test, I have a submit button and it's action is to call something that dials out on a usb phone device. While that device is dialing and waiting for DTMF input from the call recipient, I need to pause the program and wait for the callee to hang up. The device I call has a bunch of handlers that handle the keys being entered, etc. I need to have these handlers able to listen for events while the button click sub is waiting but be able to continue when a hangup event oc...

The IIS Admin Service service terminated unexpectedly
Sorry, if this is consider a double-post. Anyway, I have a Exchange 2003 SP2 server running on Windows 2003 SP1 and IIS keeps crashing unexpectedly. I installed all the latest windows updates, rebooted, same thing. Seems to keep occuring every 15-20 mins. I found a KB Article pointing to Message Tracking, disabled it, same issue. I found several posts telling people to run IISState. I downloaded & ran IISState, but I am unclear how to interpret the logs. I will post the log here with hopes that someone can help or point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance. Opened log file 'C:...

vlookup not working #3
I've run into the issue in the past... what I've found is that the export from the Access database does not carry the values forward, rather the cells are imported as a "Label"... to verify that this is occuring, type the following formaula =cell("type",A1) assuming that the cell that you want to verify is in cell A1... If this is occurring then you need to include a translation of the cell content using the VALUE function ...

Best way to read 3.5GB OL2003 .pst file from old computer on a new computer?
My old computer has OL2003 with a 3.5GB .pst file. The old computer's OL 2003 suffered from poor performance due to constant synchronization of folders that would sometimes last upwards of 30 minutes. My GF does not want to depart with the 300 plus emails saved in the inbox folder...ditto the sent mail folder. She wants to be able to refer back to them on occasion, but agrees they don't need to be necessarily read/handled by OL2003 on the new machine. I don't want to bog down my new computer's fresh installation of OL2003 by just moving over and installing this massive .pst...

Exchange server 2003 upgrade to latest service Packs
Hi, I have a windows exchange server 2003 with no service packs installed. Woud it be advisable to upgrade directly to the latest service Pack, which I believe is service pack2, or should I install service pack 1 and than service pack2. Also are there any known issues with either of the service packs that I may need to be aware of? Any help would be appreciated. Thank You in advance On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 16:57:01 -0700, Greg3305 <Greg3305@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > I have a windows exchange server 2003 with no service packs installed. >Woud it be advisable...

Access as a Service
Near as I can tell, Access runs as a service under XP and maybe the same under Server 2003. I have two questions and requests for information... We purchased a dual processor machine a while ago, and to our dismay, Access only used 1 of the CPU's, even when we ran Multiple Access programs symultaneously. We even tried to run Access 2003 and Access 2007 against each other to try to get the second CPU to be used, to no avail. Does anyone know how start Access as a second service, and further to direct that service to use the second CPU? We are considering a major update to a single...

Windows 2003 service pack -- impact on Exchange?
Anyone have any experiences to report on installing Windows 2003 service pack 1 on an exchange (2003) server? Lynne.Seamans@millersville.edu Millersville University Postmaster & Operating Systems Manager Had no issues myself so far. You could run in an issue if you install the Security Control Wizard which is shipped with SP1 but needs to be installed in a separate step as described here: http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/003/sp1scw.htm If you are installing on Dell PowerEdge, check this out: http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/power/ps2q05-20050113-Callaway.pdf And if you a...

Report call times out when called through web service but not through Report Manager
Hello all, I have a Reporting Services report that runs fine when I run it from Visual Studio. It also runs fine from Report Manager. However, when I run it from an .aspx page named RSRenderReport.aspx, I get a timeout error after about 100 seconds. I have set the following: In the web.config: <httpRuntime executionTimeout="300" maxRequestLength="300000" /> In the code behind, RSRenderReport.aspx.vb: Dim objRS As New ReportingService.ReportExecutionService objRS.Timeout = -1 The error returned is: ****BEGIN ERROR MESSAGE***** Mess...

How to become a Publisher Service Provider
I work in a Print Shop and would like to join the Publisher Service Provider program. I have checked out the Microsoft website to try to find out how to join, but can't find out any information on joining. Can anyone point me in the right direction. thanks for any help I might get, Fred C Did you look here? http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010772371033&CTT=98 Near the bottom of the page there's a "Click here to register" link. On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:31:39 -0700, "fcampbell" <fcampbell@spos.com> wrote: >I work in a Pri...

TV listing (EPG) service
any internet service provide TV listing in XML format? the TV listing will be a free service and list all the channel, show title and time. Is this a question, or are you advertising your TV service? AliR. "Carmen Sei" <fatwallet951@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:iullt31h4sn1qg4b0tdnmm3e6jh0var3cs@4ax.com... > any internet service provide TV listing in XML format? > > the TV listing will be a free service and list all the channel, show > title and time. > > this is a question. On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:55:05 -0500, "AliR \(VC++ MVP\)" &l...

Return Item Allocated to a Service Call
Can someone who is an expert with the Service Call module give me some tips on the best approach to returning items (removing from Service Call and processing the return on the PO side). It is all being done manually here on the GL side but we are trying to find the best way of having the system handle this. We currently do not have the RMA/RTV series setup on the Service Call side. Thanks Well, first of all, you can't 'remove' an item from the service call if the service call has been placed into 'Ready Invoice' or a higher status. Once it's in that...

Not able to get items from Outlook Inbox from Windows Service using VB.NET
I have a Windows Service which is setup and running properly, well, at least it execute my RunThrougInbox method when it is supposed to be. The problem I am having though is that when my RunThroughInbox method is executing, it seems to stop when it gets to the "PROBLEM ON THIS NEXT LINE:" line. I am writing each step of the way to the event viewer window and my logs are mysteriously stopping. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks Here is a portion of my code to help with any resolutions or ideas. Protected Overrides Sub OnStart(ByVal args() As String) Dim cbTimer As...

There is a problem with this website's security certificate
Hello, I bought an SSL certificate for my server (Windows Server 2003, IIS 6.0). Server included already a web site with SSL certificate, so I created a 2nd web site with different IP and different SSL certificate and different application pool that is running. When I try to access the 2nd web site I get a message from IE "There is a problem with this website's security certificate." If I click on option "Continue to this website (not recommended)", I get error "service unavailable" What could be the problem ? 1st web site is running without ...

Sharepoint services, Infopath and Excel formulas
I created a form in Infopath and pulled the information into a list in Sharepoint. when i import becasue of the design of the form I am getting multiple reponses which are being stored in one cell. I need to count the number of responses. e.g. Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Not applicable Yes Not applicable Row 1 Yes No Not applicable No Not applicable Not applicable Not applicable...

Products and services
During my experience with other CRM systems, I've seen that the companies that sell things, have products in their catalog and use some kind of logistic order called "sales order". On the other hand, services companies (i.e. telecommunications providers) have services in their catalog and the business processes do not end when the services are installed, they can be modified and/or deactivated afterwards. So a different concept is handled here: "service orders". I would say there are two main differences between sales orders and service orders: (1) There ca...

Windows 2003 Service Pack 1 causes CRM "Send Direct Email" Error.
When sending a direct email, you receive a message: "You do not have sufficient access rights or privilages to perform this action" It occurs during the following steps. Click Sales, click Leads, and then click to highlight a lead record. On the menu bar, click Actions, and then click Send Direct E-mail. Leave the default options, and then click Send. There is a hot fix from that your VAR can download and send to you. A responsible server tech should apply this patch and do the needed backups prior to applying the hotfix. KB898654 The following files are affected. Date ...

SharePoint Services. 04-06-10
Hi, We are trying to do a migration of Sharepoint Services V2.0 from one server to another. Run smigrate to do a migration of the database and website, this appears to work, it backups and compresses all the files into a .fwp format. When we do a restore it becomes apparent that not everything has been backedup correctly. large chunks of the website are missing and no users or permissions have been transferred. The command i am using to back is smigrate.exe –w http://server/site –f C:\companywebbackup\companyweb.fwp -u user_name -pw password To restore smigrate.exe -r -...

Unit Testing for Service Broker Objects?
Wondering if anyone has thoughts around unit tests for Service Broker objects. I have had decent success with SQL Server DB unit tests in VS 2008, just wondering if anyone could get my brain juices moving around ways/things to test parts of my SB functionality. ...

Merchant services
I am looking for best rates on merchant services. -- Thank You Harjit gill1@att.net I have been using this guy Call Tod Fernan Paymenttech Hayer Standards 773-991-8777 I had others check my rates and they could never beat his rates. Robert "HARJIT SHERGILL" wrote: > I am looking for best rates on merchant services. > -- > Thank You > Harjit > gill1@att.net > > > . > On Aug 31, 10:37=A0am, Robert <Rob...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have been using this guy > > Call Tod Fernan &...

MS02-011: Authentication Flaw Could Allow Unauthorized Users To Authenticate To SMTP Service
Hello All ! I have problem - when I scan port 25 on our Exchange 5.5 with special XSpider 7.0 port scanner, this program recommend me visit following URL: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-011.mspx for delete potential SMTP open relay. After patch downloading and succsessful installing I scan port 25 again and... scanner show me this recommendation again... What wrong?.. How I can eliminate this problem on Exchange 5.5 Help please! Our Exchange 5.5 (with IMC) run on Windows NT 4.0 SP6. Regards, Benjamin. ...

eConnect Web Services
Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding using eConnect’s web services or if you can, provide examples? Thank you! Jay eConnect and Web Services are related, but not the same. Web Services uses eConnect as its foundation. You can use this link to learn about both: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/bb491085.aspx Look for the links toward the bottom of the page. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm &qu...

Migrating from CRM 3.0 beta to CRM 3.0 Release
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0074_01C6057F.37136040 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have not see a utility to migrate from beta to release. I'm currently = working on a dtsx package. Has anyone created one yet or done a = migration? Pete Orologas Neudesic=20 --=20 PETE OROLOGAS ------=_NextPart_000_0074_01C6057F.37136040 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Tra...

Service Calendar Unexpected Error
Hi, We have a strange problem with our MSCRM 3.0 implementation. When we go to the Work Hours section of a Facility / Resource we get an "unexpected error" screen and no event in the event log. We are running Small Business Server 2003 ASP.NET v1. SQL Server 2000 SP4. Many thanks in advance rac504uk Enable tracing and see what shows up in your trace file. It should give you detailed information about what happens: To enable tracing, add these settings to your registry. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM] "TraceEnabled"=dword:00000001 "TraceDirect...