Mell Install Question

We have MELL Installed on a Web Server.  It is working fine and we have
several modules up and running and will be adding more and more..

When we first installed eLearning, we said 'NO' to the SQL Server peice of
the install.   Now we'de like to have it log to SQL Server but am not sure
how to go about doing this.  reun the install?  uninstall and reinstall?? I
know there must be a way to implement SQL Server without having to reinstall
the whole thing !!!!

Can anyone help?
0
jpotucek (13)
2/9/2005 5:47:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

installing Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe over an older version?
I have a 2005 Money Deluxe program that has stopped working properly. Today I downloaded and installed Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe. But now I can't find the program. The only icon or program I can find on my computer just opens up the original program. Is it necessary to uninstall the first one? I am just nervous about uninstalling and losing data. I just want to update this. In microsoft.public.money, Jackie wrote: >I have a 2005 Money Deluxe program that has stopped working properly. Today >I downloaded and installed Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe. But now I can't find ...

Beta Full Installers
I haven't noticed this info being posted anywhere, so here it is - useful for the upcoming beta refresh, perhaps: http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=61168194-26aa-4ce6-910a-aeb36fc89d17 No more 'click here, then there, then cancel, then try again...' -- Noel The current essentials beta is a 168 MB download. Having access to the full package is a good idea. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Ildhund" wrote in message news:uNWVnNZPLHA.5076@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... I haven't noticed this info being posted anywhere, so here it ...

Multi-threading question
Here's the question - I've created a program that has multiple threads. Some threads use the same file. In order to avoid memory corruption when multiple threads access the same file, I use a "lock" around that block of code so only a single thread can access the file at the same time. Someone asked me if there is a better way to handle this than using "lock", I don't know what to say. Any suggestion? "Curious" <fir5tsight@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:39018b26-20e9-4ee1-8777-b99b7df1afc6@t23g2000yqt.googlegroups.com... > Here&...

How to upgrade a GP installation?
I wonder this: Let's assume I installed GP version 8 and I did a lot of customizations like adding new fields and custom business processes. Now I want to upgrade to GP 9. Do I have to start over and do all my customizations again or there is any way to support my old customizations on a new GP version. The short answer is... Maybe. The only way to know for sure is to run a test conversion and see which of your custiomizations, if any, survive. For testing of this type we always recommend that you stay away form your production databases. Replicate the SQL installation, and then use a b...

Installation error for CRM 3 on SBS 2003
I am getting this error for SQL Server Reporting Services: The specified path is not a metabase path. Parameter name: path I had to load Reporting Services manually as the CRM setup previously failed at this point ( I loaded the enterprise version) I can run the report manager from the Start menu and I can navigate to the URL ok. What am I missing? -- Marge in the uk Hi, Marge. I have the same problem and behaviour. I've tried another installation on Windows Server 2003 and this works fine. Now, I'm testing with this installation.... Regards J�rgen "Marge" <Marge@...

installer
i want to make a installer: it use ado and excel!which files were included? i use visual installer tools!thanks ...

check for installed printer
Is there some sort of command line tool that will let me check for the existence of an installed printer? I knwo I can use Prnmngr.vbs and related tools but they give me too much information. I'm hoping there's something simpler that will just confirm if a printer is installed or not. I'm doing this in a clunky sort of way because I don't have any idea how else to do it just yet. I can run the following in a command window and it works fine. The results go to the specified text file. C:\>c:\windows\system32\cscript c:\windows\system32\prncnfg.vbs -g -p...

Error installed Exchange 2003 in a 5.5 Site
I am tring to install and Exchange 2003 Server into a Exchange 5.5 site. I have done this on my other site and no problem. But when I do the install I get error Code 0xc1030B11 I have looked at arctive number Q833395 and the boxes can both ping each other and pass all the tests. I have verified that the Service account is the same. does anyone have any other idea on why this server will not install into the site? Any information would be helpful. Thank you, Kyle I've had that a few times and it has always been name resolution for me. Double check you can communicate both ways...

Money2004 install problems
I have a money 2004deluxe. When I installed it, a message windows pop up, which said there is antivirus software installed in your computer. Acutally, I had disaled the auto-protect. But I can not close the norton antivirus from the task manager. Anyone know how to handle this problem? I ignored the anitvirus warning and finished the installation. But each time I wanted to start the 2004 money, it said money encounter a problem and need colse. Do you want to send a report to MS? Is this caused by the Norton Antivirus? How to fix it? thanks The same thing happened to me. -- Regards, ...

Count Question
Hello, Quick question. Is there any way to do a count referencing a field like below and outputting the number to another field, for example... FieldX 123, 145, 256 Would equal a count of 3 FieldX 254, 655, 673, 4363 Would equal a count of 4 Please note the commas do exist in the field, and each string will be distinct. Thank you! And Happy Holidays! -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com A field with multiple values in it, separated by commas, is not an optimal relational design. If your situation calls for some variable number of values associated with some other...

Pivot table Data field question
I create a pivot table from three columns of data, using the Wizard.In the Layout dialogue, I drag one of my fields to the Rows; I drag anther field to the Columns. I need to drag a third field to the Data area. There's no conflict there, each Data cell of the resulting matrix would be unique. Excel doesn't let me do this. It insists on using a calculation, e.g. Sum of [field3], Count of [field3], etc. How do I convince Excel to insert just the value of Field3 in the Data? -- Regards Gershon Shamay The field you drag to the data area will always be summarized. However, if the v...

Data Migration Install
I keep getting an error installing the Migration Framework. I have done the following. 1) using same user as was when installing Server 2) user is a domain admin 3) user has a professional suite license 4) workflow services stopped Any suggestions? ...

IMF un-install before SP2?
Hi - I'm going to install SP2 on my 2K3 test server. I think I read somewhere that IMF must be un-installed prior to applying SP2. Is this correct? I didn't see anything about this in the release notes. thanks! That's correct. When you install SP2 if it finds IMF installed it will ask you to uninstall it first. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Glen" <Glen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3689F8DB-193D-4C63-9B86-5C0E798729A5@microsoft.com... > Hi - I'm going...

Deleted messages
Hello, I just installed the Microsoft explorer 6. Running the default installation, it installed automatically Outlook Express 6 and deleted or desactivated Outlook 97. Consecuently, I lost the local outgoing, incoming, etc messages I had for Outlook 97. How do I recover or import those messages to the corresponding folders in Outlook Express 6? Where those folders/messages went? My computer runs Windows 98 as operative system. Thank you, Luis Mira ...

Multi Calendar Question
We have a user that maintains a calendar for her supervisor and also maintains a calendar for the Marketing Group. The same appts. that go in the supervisor's calendar need to also go on the marketing calendar. Is it possible to enter once, yet be posting on both at one time? ... Bec <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have a user that maintains a calendar for her > supervisor and also maintains a calendar for the Marketing > Group. The same appts. that go in the supervisor's > calendar need to also go on the marketing calendar. Is it > possi...

cannot install
browser choice screen choice screen downloaded but i cannot install it what can i do to resolve this problem Date: 3/21/2010 2:13 PM, Author: y2100s Wrote: > browser choice screen choice screen downloaded but i cannot install it what > can i do to resolve this problem You can't get browser choice to install? Break out the Champaign and fireworks, you are the luckiest person in the EU! Everybody else is trying to get *RID* of it. If you want to use a different browser, just download and install one (or more, I have four). Microsoft has never prevented users ...

Installing MDAC 5 for sp5
i'm installing vb6 pro on 64 bit hardware and 64 bit Windows vista home premium following bits and pieces of hints given here. VB6 installed, seems some things are a little shacky, but got to work. now i try to update service pack 5 and it seems it needs MDAC 2.5 to install. I downloaded it and run it. it runs very quickly. Then i try to install SP5 again and get same mistake. It appears the MDAC does not really install. Can anyone help as to why. I happen to have the MDAC 2.0 exec from another computer and that one seems to install properly on the new computer. Do I need so...

Two critical questions.
Hi, I have two questions for RMS. 1. As you guys know, to use EDC feature, Bank information needs to be set up correctly in Administrator program. One question that I have is where this EDC information is stored. When I looked at the RMS database, I couldn't find any table that has EDC information. Am I missing some table?....I would like to know where this EDC information is stored for later retrival... 2. In QSRules, there is VitalClass. It seems that VitalClass should be used for credit card tranaction. There is Authorize method, however, when I invoke this method for credit ca...

How many computers can I install ms office basic edition 2003 on?
We have two computers with it installed on already, but one of them is dying and I want to install it on a new computer. Is it okay to do this? What does the EULA say? Generally a retail version can be installed on 2 working devices "scrumpyjill" <scrumpyjill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7126D521-E248-4733-B7CA-30D30D9114FB@microsoft.com... > We have two computers with it installed on already, but one of them is > dying > and I want to install it on a new computer. Is it okay to do this? To my knowledge all MS Office Basic Editi...

install CRM domain account problem
Hi, I am trying to install MS CRM 1.2 on a W2K3 server. I am already logged into the W2K3 box as a domain admin (and the domain admins is already a member of the local admin group as well) BUT I still get this error! --------------------------- Microsoft CRM Server Setup --------------------------- You must be a member of the Domain Admins group to install Microsoft CRM. Make sure that this computer is joined to the domain and you are logged on with a domain administrator account. ----- My domain controller is a W2K box. Any idea why Windows keeps giving me this error when I am already comp...

Windows Installer starts each time in Outlook 2003
Every time I enter send / recieve or change to "Outlook Today" Windows Installer starts up. How do I fix this issue?? Michael E. Barry ...

Windows Installer
I am running Wndows XP Professional. I just restored my system with an image backup with Acronis. The retore went without a hitch, except now when I boot my system, before the computer completes booting into window, Windows Installer starts running and is trying to intall Roxio. I may have used Roxio on this system at one time, but if I did, I uninstalled it because I have grown to hate the program. How can I correct my problem or at least prevent Windows Installer from starting each time I boot my system? http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winme/t1050515545 Above re...

Mell Install Question
We have MELL Installed on a Web Server. It is working fine and we have several modules up and running and will be adding more and more.. When we first installed eLearning, we said 'NO' to the SQL Server peice of the install. Now we'de like to have it log to SQL Server but am not sure how to go about doing this. reun the install? uninstall and reinstall?? I know there must be a way to implement SQL Server without having to reinstall the whole thing !!!! Can anyone help? ...

CRM Outlook Installation
Could someone please advice as to what all components are required prior to installation of the CRM Outlook and on what machine (server/cleint/etc.) Currently, I am working on my machine and accessing the CRM ( Web Client) which is on the server. Thanx when you install the crm outlook client it will install a local database and a couple of updates. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Gautam Sachdev" <gautamsachdeva@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4FA08EB7-D7CF-4E23-8A61-CBBC0038735E@microsoft...

Install
Hi Are we able to install a French and an English client on a single TS/Citrix box ? Is this possible? any caveats? is this supported? We had many issues with earlier versions... Thanks Pat, note the following: Yes, multilingual installations are possible for translated releases of Microsoft Dynamics GP. A multilingual installation is an environment in which you can have multiple release installations. For example, you can install the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, and French Canadian releases. Additionally, all the installations will use the same DYNAMICS and company dat...