MC/VISA joint code

Isn't there any way to combine the blocks (4* & 5*) for MC/VISA credit cards?
 It's a pain to have them separate because my bank posts them together.  It
is the same company afterall.  It would save me a lot of time adding separate
entries together to reconcile the statement!
0
Marcia (27)
4/9/2006 8:51:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I do not know of a way to do what you are asking, but I have found that
using the # symbol as follows works better than using the * symbol:

4###############
5###############

If you use the * symbol it is a wild card with no determined length.  The #
symbol requires that the characters after the first digit be numerical, and
the quantity of the # characters indiciates the required quantity of
numerical characters.

We have had cards in the past get approved when the MSR only picks up 13 or
14 characters, but it will not settle as it is an invalid card number.
Don't ask me how it could get approved in the first place, but it has
happened to us.

"Marcia" <Marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Isn't there any way to combine the blocks (4* & 5*) for MC/VISA credit
> cards?
> It's a pain to have them separate because my bank posts them together.  It
> is the same company afterall.  It would save me a lot of time adding
> separate
> entries together to reconcile the statement!

0
anonymous (74719)
4/9/2006 9:13:17 PM
Thanks.  I guess I'll call Microsoft direct.

"root" wrote:

> I do not know of a way to do what you are asking, but I have found that
> using the # symbol as follows works better than using the * symbol:
>
> 4###############
> 5###############
>
> If you use the * symbol it is a wild card with no determined length.  The #
> symbol requires that the characters after the first digit be numerical, and
> the quantity of the # characters indiciates the required quantity of
> numerical characters.
>
> We have had cards in the past get approved when the MSR only picks up 13 or
> 14 characters, but it will not settle as it is an invalid card number.
> Don't ask me how it could get approved in the first place, but it has
> happened to us.
>

> "Marcia" <Marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Isn't there any way to combine the blocks (4* & 5*) for MC/VISA credit
> > cards?
> > It's a pain to have them separate because my bank posts them together.  It
> > is the same company afterall.  It would save me a lot of time adding
> > separate
> > entries together to reconcile the statement!

0
Marcia (27)
4/10/2006 12:31:01 PM
Marcia,
If you get an answer, would you mind posting it here.   I have the same issue.
Thanks!
--
Kris

"Marcia" wrote:

> Thanks.  I guess I'll call Microsoft direct.
>
> "root" wrote:
>
> > I do not know of a way to do what you are asking, but I have found that
> > using the # symbol as follows works better than using the * symbol:
> >
> > 4###############
> > 5###############
> >
> > If you use the * symbol it is a wild card with no determined length.  The #
> > symbol requires that the characters after the first digit be numerical, and
> > the quantity of the # characters indiciates the required quantity of
> > numerical characters.
> >
> > We have had cards in the past get approved when the MSR only picks up 13 or
> > 14 characters, but it will not settle as it is an invalid card number.
> > Don't ask me how it could get approved in the first place, but it has
> > happened to us.
> >

> > "Marcia" <Marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Isn't there any way to combine the blocks (4* & 5*) for MC/VISA credit
> > > cards?
> > > It's a pain to have them separate because my bank posts them together.  It
> > > is the same company afterall.  It would save me a lot of time adding
> > > separate
> > > entries together to reconcile the statement!

0
Kris (132)
4/14/2006 4:28:02 AM
have it check for   4* and 5* but reject all others?

yes, it's possible.

--
Peter A.R. Johnson
American Retail Supply

Data Conversion, Custom Reporting

We''re helping small business owners compete again the Walmarts of their
worlds.

"Kris" wrote:

> Marcia,
> If you get an answer, would you mind posting it here.   I have the same issue.
> Thanks!
> --
> Kris
>

> "Marcia" wrote:
>
> > Thanks.  I guess I'll call Microsoft direct.
> >
> > "root" wrote:
> >
> > > I do not know of a way to do what you are asking, but I have found that
> > > using the # symbol as follows works better than using the * symbol:
> > >
> > > 4###############
> > > 5###############
> > >
> > > If you use the * symbol it is a wild card with no determined length.  The #
> > > symbol requires that the characters after the first digit be numerical, and
> > > the quantity of the # characters indiciates the required quantity of
> > > numerical characters.
> > >
> > > We have had cards in the past get approved when the MSR only picks up 13 or
> > > 14 characters, but it will not settle as it is an invalid card number.
> > > Don't ask me how it could get approved in the first place, but it has
> > > happened to us.
> > >

> > > "Marcia" <Marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Excel VBA
Hi VBAers, I put some code in a workbook that I now want to re-use. My problem is I cannot remember which workbook it's in & thus, it could be in one of 30 workbooks. I was wondering if anyone can suggest a better way to find the code rather than searching for it 30 times please? Also, I think best practice is that I put my favourite code into my personal.xls file - is that correct? kazzy was thinking very hard : > Hi VBAers, > > I put some code in a workbook that I now want to re-use. My problem is > I cannot remember which workbook it's in & thus, it could be ...

Zip codes that start with zero
I can format the cell as text in Excel and the zeros show up and print fine, but when I mail merge into WORD, I get a zero ONLY as a zipcode. Frustrating. I need to print labels by Friday. WHat do I do? See if this link helps: http://office.microsoft.com/en­-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.­aspx -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Gamba Lisa" <Gamba Lisa@discussions.m...

Relative Cell References within VBA code
I am using Excel 2000 ActiveX Option Buttons from the Control Toolbar. Within the OptionButton code, I am using a statement like: Range ("B23") = OptionButton1.Caption to place the Option Button caption text into a specific cell in my worksheet. However if/when I insert or delete a Row or Column that relocates cell B23 (in this example), the VBA code cell-address is not updated to the new location. Is there a way to make the VBA cell reference relative so that the VBA code does not have to be updated each time a design change (Insert/Delete Row or Column) is made to the Wor...

Putting e-mail addresses into code
I have code designed by Ron Huges attached to a button that will generate an addressed e-mail from addresses in a table. What I would like to do is be able to create a second table where e-mail addresses are manually put in that it can get addresses from as well (the first table is automatically created by a make table query). I would also like to be able to create a signature block or get it to use the default signature block selected in Outlook. Here is the code: Private Sub Command1_Click() On Error GoTo ErrHandle Dim dbs As DAO.Database Dim rst As DAO.Re...

SQL code?
Hi all, My sql statement look like this, but it dont seems to me working either cause the statement is too long or something else?!! How can I fix this? With Selection.QueryTable .Connection = _ "ODBC;DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=abcd.com;UID=User;;APP=Microsoft Office 2003;WSID=ME" ".CommandText = Array( _ "SELECT Store.arl,Store.Tktno, Store.bsp, Store.SalRef, Store.Issuedate, Store.class, Store.status," _ "Store.Reissueno,Store.Dep_Date, Store.Route1, Store.Route2, Store.Route3, Store.Route4, Store.Route5, Store.Routeovrall,&quo...

Keyboard & Pointing Device USB to PS/2 Conversions and visa-versa
I own a collection of both and new PCs and want to buy a new KVM switcher so I can use a single keyboard/monitor/pointing device with them. The most interesting recent KVM switches have moved from PS/2 keyboard and pointing device interfaces to USB interfaces. How easy is it to convert from USB to PS/2 (and visa-versa) and how reliable are the conversion adaptors and cables I see advertised? Many thanks, in advance, for any and all advice, information, suggestions, and warnings. On Dec 10, 8:20=A0pm, HenriK <bedp...@attglobal.net> wrote: > I own a collection of bot...

Why does MC act differently with extender?
I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate on my desktop computer and use an XBOX 360 as an extender. I don't understand why Windows Media Center has different behavior when I am at my computer vs. using the extender. If I want my c:\photos folder to be included in my library at my desktop, why do I have to reconfigure it when I try to view photos on my XBOX extender? It is very frustrating when I configure something on the Media Center it works flawlessly on my computer only to have it fail when using my XBOX extender. I just added movies to the video share on my Windows Home S...

Update multiselect field in table with code
Access 2007 under Vista Using a form to select variables for a report. One of the fields is a multi-value field in the underlying table. Have determined that following the selection of required items from the multi-select combo box and the clicking of the OK button, the underlying table is not immediately updated. The table is however properly update once the form is closed. This does not meet my purposes for the report generation, as exiting the form and returning is not a reasonable approach. I would like to use the After Update event from the multi-select combo box to ac...

Supress "Save" prompt after resizing form by code?
I use DoCmd.MoveSize to resize my form on Form_Load and in the code of two buttons. How can I supress the "Do you want to save changes to the design?" message when I close? I tried setting Me.Dirty = False, but the code kept coming back as an invalid reference to Dirty - I finally realized that when it hit that spot, the database window was becoming the active window and the object of "Me", and probably doesn't have a Dirty property. Everywhere else I use Me to refer to the controls, it works just fine. Ed Ed, use of DoCmd.MoveSize does not usually give that message...

Stopping other wkbks sharing code
How can I stop this code working except for the wkbk it's associated with? If I open the wkbk that has this code and then another wkbk, and I try to close both wkbks at the same time....kapow! Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic Application.CellDragAndDrop = True If Sheet4.FilterMode Then Sheet4.ShowAllData If Sheet4.Range("N13") > 0 Then Sheet4.Range("N5:N12") = False Sheet10.Select End Sub Thanks Rob What does kapow mean? Your code worked ok for me in my simple test. Are you...

xsd.exe and code generation
I have three xml schemas, one schema contains types that the other two referance. When generate code for each of the schemas, all three cs files contain the types that are part of the common schema. Currently I am going through the auto generated code and removing the common types, with the help of the compiler since they are all in the same namespace. Aside from listing all the types I want generated in each of the other two schemas, as I may add more in the future and don't want to forget to add to the list, is there a way to get XSD to not generate the common types for the other two ...

Is There A Way To Paste Standard Error Trapping Code
While using the Visual Basic code editor, is there a way to paste my standard error trapping code into a new (i.e., blank) sub procedure? I say "my" because I have my own favorite way of trapping and displaying trapped error messages. Standard error trapping code gets created when one uses the Control Wizard and I wonder if there is a way to create, or find, a similar tool that recognizes what event procedure I am in, grabs the event- name, and produces (i.e., pastes in) the "On Error GoTo . . ." and other error trapping code so I don't have to type it into every new s...

Add values with same code
I have a ws with two columns one with a value and other with a code, want to add all the values with the same code, any ideas???? value code 14 1 21 2 14 1 16 1 21 2 Result for code 1=44 Result for code 2=42 I'll have about 10 different codes. Thank you Rodolf -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have a look in HELP index for SUMIF -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "rodolform >" <<rodolform.15jewe@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:rodolform.15jewe@excelf...

MC FILES
Hi, i have an mc file containing text in english and korean languages.I have changed my System Locale to Korean and my OS is Windows 2000(English).When i compiled this mc file i am getting all the string ids in .h file.So i was not able to access these ids using FindResourceEx() as it is searching the string table for the ids and my other language id is in .h file.How can i make this fucntion to search in .h file also?Or Is there any other way where i can copy the string ids to string table -- For all problems in ur life u r the only solution. You are confused. There is not a single .h file...

Setting the BackColor of a cell in code
I have code on a button that changes a data entry cell to locked but cannot seem to change its BackColor Below is the code for locking it. What do Ineed to do to change the BackColor to Gray Sheets("Level 2 Support Team Member").Range("b10").Locked = True When I tried to do Sheets("Level 2 Support Team Member").Range("b10").backcolor=gray o the number for the color gray it won't work Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ..backcolor is not a property of the range object. Try: Sheets("Level 2 Support Team Member&qu...

VBA Code for Maximize
Hello. If I wanted to create an Event Procedure for when the form loads and I want it to maximize the form what would be the vba code? Thanks. Iram/mcp DoCmd.Maximize -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Iram" <Iram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E0CE93A-159A-4C10-9A33-2636176C130F@microsoft.com... > Hello. > If I wanted to create an Event Procedure for when the form loads and I > want > it to maximize the form what would be the vba code? > > Thanks. > > Iram/mcp On Apr...

MC RMDetail Historical Aged Trial Balance
Hi I have modified the Report MC RMDetail Historical Aged Trial Balance. When I run a report in the screen data are correctly formatted. When I tried to export the data to Excel I am not getting in correct format and some unwanted data I cane seen in the excel sheet. Regards Thiru ...

Need help with coding
I work for the company where we still pay the cash wages, before I go to the bank I Have to work out what how many hundreds fifties and so on to get ,I set up on a spreadsheet where I put the amount earn for example $2085 dollars and at this stage I put manually how may hundreds ,fifties ,twenties ,tens and fives goes into that sum is there a code so it can automatically do this for me in excel 2003 Can anyone help Thank you in advance $100 $50 $20 $10 $5 $2,085 20 1 1 1 1 $1,975 19 1 1 1 $2,135 Hi anna Taking A1 = amount ($2085) b1= 100, c1 = 50, d1 = 20, e1=10, f...

get-qadcomputer - taking too much memory
gc c:\machines.txt | get-qadcomputer| foreach { $computer = $_.name $computer $ou = $_.parentcontainerdn -match "^ou=(.+),ou=(.+),dc=powershell,dc=com$" $actual_ou = $matches[2] # write to file # $a = "$computer `t $actual_ou" $a | out-file -filepath $Summarypath -append # remove variable # remove-variable ou remove-variable actual_ou remove-variable a remove-variable computer [GC]::Collect() } Try this: gc c:\machines.txt | get-qadcomputer | select name,@{n='OU';e={$_.ParentContainer.split("/")[1...

Query VB code Madness-Someone knows how to do this..Really...
hello all. been awhile since I've been here. I have the following VB code behind a command button in acess: Dim sXL As String, oXL As Object sXL = "some path with a file name .XLS" 'Full path to your spreadsheet ' Insert the actual name of your query between the quotes below DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, , "Qery name", sXL Set oXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application") oXL.Visible = True oXL.WorkBooks.Open FileName:=sXL works GREAT in acess, I use this snippet all the time. My question is how do I get this snip...

Preventing some code from running
I have some code that checks certain cells to limit input to those cells. The procedure is initiated from ThisWorkbook and the code is in a public module with the Worksheet_Change event in the worksheet module. The procedure does what its supposed to do very well, except there are occassions when the user should be allowed to input data that would normally not comply. The problem: I am unable to stop the procedure from "doing its thing" unless I put a breakpoint at the start of the procedure (either the public module or the sheet module), which, of course brings up the debug dialog...

Html code problem
Hello, I created my website using Publisher 2003. I have one html code on my site which has been working fine for some time now. Recently, it has disappeared from my site. I have checked the code, deleted it and replaced it, moved it to a different location, etc. I can't figure it out! When I perform a "web page preview" it shows up perfectly, however when I "publish to the web", it does not appear on my site. I have contacted my host company, and she added a test page, and it appears there as well. Probably something very stupid on my end, but I am at a loss. M...

Code returns TRUE instead of value
Essentially what I am trying to do is this: I am trying to calculate depreciation. I use the DateAdd function to add x number of months(Cell "F & Row that is active") to the acquisition date(Cell "H & Row that is active" of an asset. If the sum of those dates is greater than the End of life (Cell "I & Row that is active") of that asset then there is a payment for that month and the value in Range("K" & Row) is place in the active cell until the entire cell range from M7 to AC63 is filled. If the sum of those dates is not greater the...

Compile Database Code Problem
I need to convert a database to ACCDE and need to compile my VBA, however when I select Compile under the Debug menu I get the following error, "Method or data member not found". The problem is that the Sub it is identifing is a part of my database and works well when I use the database. The code that failed was the following with ".Combo2" highlighted in the second line. Private Sub Combo2_AfterUpdate() TransferSection = Me.Combo2 MsgBox "Transfer Section is " & TransferSection RunCommand acCmdRecordsGoToNew RunCommand acCmdSelectRecord...

Coding problem
Would someone please show me what is the correct way to code the following so that my AutoFill Destination goes from Cells(27,2) to Cells(27,numberofRows)? ws1.Range("A2").Select numberofRows = ActiveCell.CurrentRegion.Rows.Count Selection.AutoFill Destination:=ws1.Range("AA2:AA822"), Type:=xlFillDefault Thanks, Jim Berglund So you want to fill down in Column B, based on stuff in Column A? Dim lastrow As Long lastrow = Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Range("B2").AutoFill R...