matrix or lot matrix

I recently integrated RMS at my liquor store.  It was suggested that I
use a Matrix type for the items such as beer that are sold different
ways but use the same UPC code.  For instance, six packs and singles
have one UPC code and are therefore a Matrix because of the different
QTY and Price.  The 24 pack case is sold warm and cold and therefore is
a matrix because it has the same UPC but sold at a different price
depending on the TEMP.  The six packs and singles are children of the
warm 24 pack as this is how they are made and how the original product
is received.

I've read in some other topics that others are using Lot Matrix as the
item type but fail to see how it would handle the situation any
differently.  This kind of item setup seems rather complicated and
tedious.  Isn't there a simpler way?

Also, as the case items is being recieved and the PO is created you
have an opportunity to change the cost of the case item.  However, to
change the cost of the indivual matrix components, you have to go into
each one and maually change the cost.  Can't RMS look at the cost of
the Parent, and use the quanity in the Parent/Child relationship and
calculate an updated cost for the children?

Please tell me that there is a better way.

0
craigj (2)
8/31/2006 3:37:31 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello,

We recommend Lot Matrix for the items with same barcode like Beer items.
For instance, six packs and singles if they have one UPC code create a lot
matrix for them.

Mihir
Diviasoft, Inc.
www.diviasoft.com

"craig" <craigj@netnitco.net> wrote in message
>I recently integrated RMS at my liquor store.  It was suggested that I
> use a Matrix type for the items such as beer that are sold different
> ways but use the same UPC code.  For instance, six packs and singles
> have one UPC code and are therefore a Matrix because of the different
> QTY and Price.  The 24 pack case is sold warm and cold and therefore is
> a matrix because it has the same UPC but sold at a different price
> depending on the TEMP.  The six packs and singles are children of the
> warm 24 pack as this is how they are made and how the original product
> is received.
>
> I've read in some other topics that others are using Lot Matrix as the
> item type but fail to see how it would handle the situation any
> differently.  This kind of item setup seems rather complicated and
> tedious.  Isn't there a simpler way?
>
> Also, as the case items is being recieved and the PO is created you
> have an opportunity to change the cost of the case item.  However, to
> change the cost of the indivual matrix components, you have to go into
> each one and maually change the cost.  Can't RMS look at the cost of
> the Parent, and use the quanity in the Parent/Child relationship and
> calculate an updated cost for the children?
>
> Please tell me that there is a better way.

0
mihirs (128)
8/31/2006 8:37:52 PM
Craig; It may help You,
Foe exemple, You have 30pk Coors (071990300302)and You like to sell it warm
and cold Creat a Matrix Item  and creat standerd item like 071990300302_1 for
cold and 071990300302_2 for warm  The both items are member of your coors
30pk barcode. and Now Your warm will be parent and your 30pk cold will be
child. Under the special/Parent Item, enter 1.  Each time you sell cold 30pk
Your data will pul one 30pk from warm qty. When you receive inventory enter
under the warm 30pk and same thing if you are breaking the 30pk to make 6pk
enter 6 on parent qty
for single same thing enter 6 But for single ur 6pk is parents. Remember for
6pk/single You have to creat other matrix item. 0719984 matrix  0719984_1
single 0719984_2 6pk.  When you sell 6pk will you will get qty from 30pk warm
when you sell single You get qty from 6pk.

"craig" wrote:

> I recently integrated RMS at my liquor store.  It was suggested that I
> use a Matrix type for the items such as beer that are sold different
> ways but use the same UPC code.  For instance, six packs and singles
> have one UPC code and are therefore a Matrix because of the different
> QTY and Price.  The 24 pack case is sold warm and cold and therefore is
> a matrix because it has the same UPC but sold at a different price
> depending on the TEMP.  The six packs and singles are children of the
> warm 24 pack as this is how they are made and how the original product
> is received.
>
> I've read in some other topics that others are using Lot Matrix as the
> item type but fail to see how it would handle the situation any
> differently.  This kind of item setup seems rather complicated and
> tedious.  Isn't there a simpler way?
>
> Also, as the case items is being recieved and the PO is created you
> have an opportunity to change the cost of the case item.  However, to
> change the cost of the indivual matrix components, you have to go into
> each one and maually change the cost.  Can't RMS look at the cost of
> the Parent, and use the quanity in the Parent/Child relationship and
> calculate an updated cost for the children?
>
> Please tell me that there is a better way.

0
Gill1 (96)
9/6/2006 1:41:02 AM
Gill wrote:
> Craig; It may help You,
> Foe exemple, You have 30pk Coors (071990300302)and You like to sell it warm
> and cold Creat a Matrix Item  and creat standerd item like 071990300302_1 for
> cold and 071990300302_2 for warm  The both items are member of your coors
> 30pk barcode. and Now Your warm will be parent and your 30pk cold will be
> child. Under the special/Parent Item, enter 1.  Each time you sell cold 30pk
> Your data will pul one 30pk from warm qty. When you receive inventory enter
> under the warm 30pk and same thing if you are breaking the 30pk to make 6pk
> enter 6 on parent qty
> for single same thing enter 6 But for single ur 6pk is parents. Remember for
> 6pk/single You have to creat other matrix item. 0719984 matrix  0719984_1
> single 0719984_2 6pk.  When you sell 6pk will you will get qty from 30pk warm
> when you sell single You get qty from 6pk.
>
> "craig" wrote:
>

>>I recently integrated RMS at my liquor store.  It was suggested that I
>>use a Matrix type for the items such as beer that are sold different
>>ways but use the same UPC code.  For instance, six packs and singles
>>have one UPC code and are therefore a Matrix because of the different
>>QTY and Price.  The 24 pack case is sold warm and cold and therefore is
>>a matrix because it has the same UPC but sold at a different price
>>depending on the TEMP.  The six packs and singles are children of the
>>warm 24 pack as this is how they are made and how the original product
>>is received.
>>
>>I've read in some other topics that others are using Lot Matrix as the
>>item type but fail to see how it would handle the situation any
>>differently.  This kind of item setup seems rather complicated and
>>tedious.  Isn't there a simpler way?
>>
>>Also, as the case items is being recieved and the PO is created you
>>have an opportunity to change the cost of the case item.  However, to
>>change the cost of the indivual matrix components, you have to go into
>>each one and maually change the cost.  Can't RMS look at the cost of
>>the Parent, and use the quanity in the Parent/Child relationship and
>>calculate an updated cost for the children?
>>
>>Please tell me that there is a better way.

Your barking up the wrong tree!!!
1st - a scanner can not determine the temp of a case of beer. If you
wish to have the cashier determine the temp of a case of beer, then
create a "hot Key" for cold. No more inventory problems. I wish/hope my
cashiers scan all the cases, lets make things easy for them.
Keep It Simple Stupid

copy a workbook from other workbook with lot of sheets wit...
how to copy a workbook from other workbook with 10 worksheets with lot of macros. Last year our company had error with these kind of copied macros files. Please anyone help me to do it in the correct way. Thanks You can open the workbooks in question, press Alt + F11, in the project pane to the left you can see the macros (module) then just drag them to copy between workbooks, you can also copy and paste them as text (double click the module and a window will open with the code) and you can use macros to do it. Chip Pearson has a lot of info here http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.ht...

matrix or lot matrix
I recently integrated RMS at my liquor store. It was suggested that I use a Matrix type for the items such as beer that are sold different ways but use the same UPC code. For instance, six packs and singles have one UPC code and are therefore a Matrix because of the different QTY and Price. The 24 pack case is sold warm and cold and therefore is a matrix because it has the same UPC but sold at a different price depending on the TEMP. The six packs and singles are children of the warm 24 pack as this is how they are made and how the original product is received. I've read in some other...

Matrix
I have a matrix, lets say 10 down and 10 across. I want to be able to type lets say one through 10 in one cell from the column, and then one through 10 in another cell from the across column, and I want the 3rd cell to give me the intersection of those two cells.. So for example, the matrix looks like this.. 1 2 3 1 5 10 5 2 7 8 9 3 4 3 2 and when I type 2 in the first cell and 3 in the next cell I want the result to be 9! Thank you all for helping me.. Eyad With your example data list in A1:D4, And you type the 2 in E1, And you type the 3 in E2, Try this:...

Fast alternative to table based state transition matrix
I got this answer from comp.theory. It was completely obvious once it was explained. It is trivially simple to create a DFA based recognizer without a state transition matrix data table. Simply encode case statements corresponding to inputs within the case elements of a case statement corresponding to states. In at least some cases the (case within case) method might be faster depending upon whether or not memory is reduced enough to more than offset the higher case statement overhead to increase cache locality of reference. "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@OCR4Screen.com...

sorting matrix data
I have a matrix that returns the volume by month of certain items. The months represent the colum data. How do I sort the data that appears in month column "today's month -7"? Please help. See if that helps you http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc627509.aspx "dataGirl" <dataGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:548C4B6F-84C1-4114-8B29-79B8C53837B1@microsoft.com... >I have a matrix that returns the volume by month of certain items. The > months represent the colum data. How do I sort the data that appears in >...

matrix
Hi! Is there any way to create larger than 3x3 matrices in vc++.net. The built in Matrix class creates only 3x3. Thanks in advance Regards Hi > Is there any way to create larger than 3x3 matrices in vc++.net. The built > in Matrix class creates only 3x3. i think you should create your own class for such purpose. i.e, you can create martix of matrixes: each element of such matrix should be matrix too. maybe it will help you. Regards, Robert ...

How do I find the determinant to a 3x8 matrix in Excel?
I'm trying to figure this out for school and am trying to avoid using the Solver tool. In Help search for <matrix> Why would you even think of Solver for this? Please tell us what mark we get for your homework. -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "AL" <AL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0945D8B7-74B8-4B1E-B09A-140DDA6B583C@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to figure this out for school and am trying to avoid using the > Solver tool. Doesn't the matrix need to be square? -- Cordially, Chip...

Matrix / Lot Matrix items
I have a few questions around a Matrx item and where to use them. Are matrix items specifically for categorization in the Store Administrator or do they reap some benefit in the POS (front end) itself as well? I am trying to determine their usage beyond categorization and configuration. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_1261_01C723CC.062E32E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Mhodgdon, It gives you a list of options to select the proper item. Sel...

Matrix Input
I have an 8x8 matrix and I want to enter values into the matrix. So I would like to enter the values by Row, so that I don't have to input 64 times. The inputs are variables. So the first Row would be Matrix(Row = 1, ) = 1, x*5, X^3, 1, 8, .... Is there a way to do this? Thanks ...

MATRIX
Anyone have a matrix add-on that does NOT use up all the subdescription fields? We are already using those fields for BRAND, MANUFACTURER ITEM NUMBER, and MANUFACTURER CODE. I cannot believe there is not a specific field for color and size. Just about every item has that! A supplier is not a brand. A supplier is not always the manufacturer. A Manufacturer generally has many brands. The supplier's number is not the manufacturer's number (for comparison purposes). There should be a named field for MANUFACTURER NAME, MANUFACTURER ID, BRAND, COLOR, & SIZE. the ad-hoc fields c...

One big column to lots of small columns
Howdy Excel experts, I have one big column of data, each chunk of values separated by a space of blank cells. I'd like to take all the data chunks and put them each in their own column, beginning at the top of the worksheet. Basically taking one long column of data and transforming it into a shorter, wider worksheet. I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help! The feature that will do as you ask is Data > TextToColumns > using space as the delimiter...........try it first on only a copy of your data......... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Lee" wrote: > Howd...

"error" window with lots of email adresses
Hi! A strange error occurs on one of the clients here: A window with the tite "error" and the close Button (no mqximize, no minimize) openes. It has a widh of maybe 1/8 of the screen but is higher that the screen, so i cant see the bottom. it says "out=" and then a looooooooong list of mailadreses. Does anyone know what it means? It ops up, while using the outlook. Cant see any actuating event. The System is Windows XP Prof. and Outlook 2k3 at an exchange 2k servert. regards, enno -- http://www.verbrennung.org This message was send early in the morning. Please don&#...

Lots of Questions
Is anyone getting any answers to their questions? Or are we all wasting out time here. I had Money installed with my new computer. Then I upgraded to Money 2002. I think I will go to Quicken soon. Pat They even have a new versions out, so, by all means, go for it: http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=20355557&loc=105&sp=1 If you look instead of blab you will see that many, many, posters here get answers. "Pat" <VAJaybird@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:089501c3714e$cb011760$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is anyone getting any answers to their questions? Or...

Matrix Sales
Anyone have a DETAILED SALES BY MATRIX report? Yes as part of our Matrix Bundle add-on. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = "Luminox" <Luminox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B67EB1D-AA38-4FAD-8683-5B3E9FFFE742@microsoft.com... > Anyone have a DETAILED SALES BY MATRIX report? Please do provide more information. "Afshin Alikhani" wrote: > Yes as part of our Matrix Bundle add-on. > > Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] > CEO - Retail Realm > = = = = = = = = = = >...

Matrix
Hi all, I have two two ranges (one column) named mat1 and mat2. I Choose Insert/Name/Define and Name in Workbook: Three Refers To: =mat1,mat2 I can utilize this new name for my graphic but I can't see this new range in my worksheet. {=Three} don't work ? Thanks, Serge Hi Serge - Here are a few tricks. 1. In the Define Names dialog (shortcut: Ctrl+F3), select the name, then click in the Refers To formula, and the range will be outlined with the moving dashed line. 2. Select Go To from the Edit menu (shortcut: Ctrl+G), and type the name of your unseen range in the ...

Matrix/array question
I am trying to demonstrate the effect of changing scores on a cumulative total. My table has 7 categories. Each category has a weight factor of between 1 and 4, and can receive a score between 1 and 5. I want to create a table showing all the possible combinations of scores, to show what effect any change in score in one category will have on the total score. I realize that I will get 78,125 results, but I can then summarize them to show the overall effects. What formula would give me these results, or is there even a way to do it? My categories are a2:a8, weights are b2:b8, and scores ...

visualizing a matrix
I have 3 columns of data. Two are row,column positions in a matrix. The third column is 0,1 values for each row,column position. I basically want to plot a matrix where the 1's are ON and the 0's are not plotted. The XY Scatter option in Excel does some of this but it's not quite what I need. Any suggestions please? Excel 2007 PivotChart http://c0718892.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/04_21_10a.xlsx Pdf preview: (2 pgs) http://www.mediafire.com/file/5j4j0mtdwzt/04_21_10a.pdf ...

Deletion of a lot of zero balance inactive accounts
I need to delete a lot of zero balance inactive accounts. I know that I can go into the account cards and delete them that way but I have way too much to delete to go that route. Is there a way to mass delete inactive accounts that have zero balance for the year? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. -- Dave Christman System Developer Dave: Use the Mass Modify function under Cards>Financial>Mass Modify. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Frank is right on, but you can only delete the GL accounts if they have never been used. The fact that they h...

Access or Excel if You're Doing Lots of Charts
I'm doubtful that the group is unbiased, but I will ask anyhow :o). If one intends to plot lots of data, primarily XY line and scatter plots, and mass produce them (in many cases I will be doing 88 graphs at a time - 1 for each of 88 counties), will Exel be the best bet, or is Access equally capable? I might mention that in time, I will be moving all of my data into Access databases. I'm slowing learning charting and automation in Excel, and I'd hate to spend much more time here if it is going to be easier to work in Access. Any and all comments/thoughts are welcome and appreci...

Matrix?
Hello all I am looking for the best way to generate a report that is based off data that needs to have dynamic columns but static rows. I was told use a matrix just wanted to know if this is correct and any good examples out there.. TIA Hello, Brian, My guess is that a simple 2-dimensional matrix will not be ideal for your requirement. But a 1-dimensional array can contain other 1-dimensional arrays as its elements, a "ragged" array might be what you want. But it is possible that the ideal solution will be some other type - perhaps a custom class. If you can pr...

Creating a matrix from columns
I have an Excel Sheet A with 3 columns. Col A=Site; Col B=Part; Col C=Quantity. Rows of site and parts data are added daily and may contain the same site or same part number along with quantities for each row in Col C. I then create Sheet B with unique sites and unique parts so that I now have a matrix of unique sites in Col A and unique parts (transposed)in Row 1. In the data cells of the matrix, I need to know how to reference back to the Sheet A to summarize the quantities (Col C) of each unique part located at each unique site (VLOOKUP? SUMIF? Some other database function?) Any...

Lot Matrix Problem
Have an eval version of SO. Defined lot a matrix for soda (single can, six-pack, 12-pack). My understanding is that when class look-up code is scanner, system should display lot matrix selection window. However, when I select the class look-up code, POS crashes with an error code "Invalid property value, run-time error 308". I checked the properties and nothing appears questionable. If I select one of the sub-items within lot matrix, things work ok. Are there any special that steps need to be followed? - Elizabeth ejones1900@yahoo.com Elizabeth, Is this a 308 or...

What is the Matrix
Hi All, When I install the Microsoft Outlook Client and I start MS Outllook, I get the following message: "The Microsoft CRM Outlook client needs to be upgraded before it can continue to be used. Microsoft CRM will be disabled this clinet. Contact your system administrator for upgrade instructions." Please help me, because when I Google this message I can't find the solution. Thanks, B�lent U�ar On Feb 21, 12:25 pm, "Excalibur" <excalibur1...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > When I install the Microsoft Outlook Client and I start MS Outllook, I ...

What's the best way to toggle between true and false in Excel? Hi all, My excel work involves a lot of toggling between true and false (boolean types) ... and it's very repetitive... Is there a w
What's the best way to toggle between true and false in Excel? Hi all, My excel work involves a lot of toggling between true and false (boolean types) ... and it's very repetitive... Is there a way to select a bunch of cells, and press a key short-cut so that they toggle all at once? Thanks! I can't tell you whether this is a "best way" to do what you want or not, but it is "a way" to do it. It doesn't use a key short-cut, rather it uses a right mouse click. Go into the VB editor and double click on ThisWorkbook in the Project window, then copy/paste...

Entourage 2008 Lot of crashing when deleting emails
I was cleaning my inbox today of old mail an I sorted the email by FROM. When I grabbed and deleted bunches of emails at a time, I kept getting crashes. This doesn't seem to happen when the inbox is not sorted, perhaps because I can't choose to delete as many emails simultaneously. I hope the next version is more stable. ...