matrix item in rms 2.0

When creating a matrix item in 2.0, and selecting the option to show the
dimensions of the size and color with the description, I get a error message
that "itemlookup code or item description exeeds the allowed length. do you
wish to continue truncating the lookup code or description."  However with
the old version  I was able to do this.  Is the description field more
restricted in size?

Also it whould be easier to be able to enter the matrix reorder #,minimum
order & case quantity when you create a matrx item, for now i have to do it
with the wizard.

Does anybody know how to create an Hourly sales report, by day of week over
a period of time. For example, I'd like to know what our sales are by hour on
Saturdays from Jan-Mar (i.e. total sales on Saturdays from 10-11AM for the
three month period). Hoping this will give us a better idea of whether or not
our store hours should be adjusted. It's hard to look at them one day at a
time on the Z reports. It would be much easier to analyze over a period of
time.

Thank You,
Jack

0
Jack4963 (285)
5/2/2007 4:12:00 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

No, the description is still the same size - 30 characters.  If your
matrix generated descriptions exceeded 30 characters, they were always
truncated, it just didn't warn you first.

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

jack wrote:
> When creating a matrix item in 2.0, and selecting the option to show the
> dimensions of the size and color with the description, I get a error message
> that "itemlookup code or item description exeeds the allowed length. do you
> wish to continue truncating the lookup code or description."  However with
> the old version  I was able to do this.  Is the description field more
> restricted in size?
>
> Also it whould be easier to be able to enter the matrix reorder #,minimum
> order & case quantity when you create a matrx item, for now i have to do it
> with the wizard.
>
> Does anybody know how to create an Hourly sales report, by day of week over
> a period of time. For example, I'd like to know what our sales are by hour on
> Saturdays from Jan-Mar (i.e. total sales on Saturdays from 10-11AM for the
> three month period). Hoping this will give us a better idea of whether or not
> our store hours should be adjusted. It's hard to look at them one day at a
> time on the Z reports. It would be much easier to analyze over a period of
> time.
>
> Thank You,
> Jack

0
glenn9672 (1267)
5/2/2007 4:54:38 PM
i am getting this message at much less then 30 characters

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> No, the description is still the same size - 30 characters.  If your
> matrix generated descriptions exceeded 30 characters, they were always
> truncated, it just didn't warn you first.
>
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>

> jack wrote:
> > When creating a matrix item in 2.0, and selecting the option to show the
> > dimensions of the size and color with the description, I get a error message
> > that "itemlookup code or item description exeeds the allowed length. do you
> > wish to continue truncating the lookup code or description."  However with
> > the old version  I was able to do this.  Is the description field more
> > restricted in size?
> >
> > Also it whould be easier to be able to enter the matrix reorder #,minimum
> > order & case quantity when you create a matrx item, for now i have to do it
> > with the wizard.
> >
> > Does anybody know how to create an Hourly sales report, by day of week over
> > a period of time. For example, I'd like to know what our sales are by hour on
> > Saturdays from Jan-Mar (i.e. total sales on Saturdays from 10-11AM for the
> > three month period). Hoping this will give us a better idea of whether or not
> > our store hours should be adjusted. It's hard to look at them one day at a
> > time on the Z reports. It would be much easier to analyze over a period of
> > time.
> >
> > Thank You,
> > Jack

0
Jack4963 (285)
5/2/2007 7:53:01 PM
less than 30 before or after adding the size/color matrix values to the
base description?  If you are creating multiple items and even one of
them exceeds the limit after the detail values are added, you will see
that message ("XXXL - Chartreuse" will cut pretty deeply into 30
characters:).

It's also possible that this is triggering from the itemlookupcode -
that is limited to 25 characters.

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

jack wrote:
> i am getting this message at much less then 30 characters
>
> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
>
>> No, the description is still the same size - 30 characters.  If your
>> matrix generated descriptions exceeded 30 characters, they were always
>> truncated, it just didn't warn you first.
>>
>> Glenn Adams
>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>>

>> jack wrote:
>>> When creating a matrix item in 2.0, and selecting the option to show the
>>> dimensions of the size and color with the description, I get a error message
>>> that "itemlookup code or item description exeeds the allowed length. do you
>>> wish to continue truncating the lookup code or description."  However with
>>> the old version  I was able to do this.  Is the description field more
>>> restricted in size?
>>>
>>> Also it whould be easier to be able to enter the matrix reorder #,minimum
>>> order & case quantity when you create a matrx item, for now i have to do it
>>> with the wizard.
>>>
>>> Does anybody know how to create an Hourly sales report, by day of week over
>>> a period of time. For example, I'd like to know what our sales are by hour on
>>> Saturdays from Jan-Mar (i.e. total sales on Saturdays from 10-11AM for the
>>> three month period). Hoping this will give us a better idea of whether or not
>>> our store hours should be adjusted. It's hard to look at them one day at a
>>> time on the Z reports. It would be much easier to analyze over a period of
>>> time.
>>>
>>> Thank You,
>>> Jack

0
glenn9672 (1267)

Using a Query to find multiple items
I am not too sure how to word this, but: I am attempting to create a database to track job information and pricing. I have a query that calculates the price of a fixture based on various criteria. I have a table that stores the name of the job (primary key) and multiple columns that store fixture number and quantity. I need to use a query to look up the fixture number from the Fixture Price Query and multiply it by the quantity to give me the total. My problem is that I need the query to do this multiple times in one row. Here is the example as best as I can show: QRY: Job Name -...

matrix or lot matrix
I recently integrated RMS at my liquor store. It was suggested that I use a Matrix type for the items such as beer that are sold different ways but use the same UPC code. For instance, six packs and singles have one UPC code and are therefore a Matrix because of the different QTY and Price. The 24 pack case is sold warm and cold and therefore is a matrix because it has the same UPC but sold at a different price depending on the TEMP. The six packs and singles are children of the warm 24 pack as this is how they are made and how the original product is received. I've read in some other...

Discount(s) Module for RMS
Who has a good add-on that will allow me to control the discounts. I've googled, used MS web site ect so far the list of venders is slim. I know there are a LOT of them in fact they came out of the wood work when I queried MS about getting the RMS system. At any rate, I need an add-on that will allow me to setup 'automatic' discounts if X number of items in a department are purchased or If customer Y reaches $####.## in 6 months they will receive a discount automatic discount on all items from the XXX Department. Or establish VIP Customers that receive X% discount everyti...

Need formula to cal percentage of 2 numbers
Hi, I would like the formula that will compare two numbers and give me the percentage in the third column. ex C4 compared to B4 put in cloumn D4 as a percentage, New to excel and need to know how to put the formula in the cell too? thanks for hel p in advance -- Mike B =C4/B4 and format as percentage -- HTH Bob Phillips "mike b" <mikeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D45EB6A-F7D6-4B53-B3DC-EEA724E69298@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I would like the formula that will compare two numbers and give me the > percentage in the third column. > ...

worksheet password #2
Hey guys, After a year of not using this file, I suddenly have urgent need to open it. Problem: I do not have the password any longer. I tried everyone that I have in my list, but to no avail. Please help! I may miss a deadline at work because of this. Thanks in advance, Vincent Worksheet password or open the workbook password??? If it's the worksheet, you can find a macro that'll help at J.E. McGimpsey's site: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html If it's the File|open password, there are commercial password breakers available: http://www.lostpassword.com/ (I...

Copy Item to Other Companies
We always create items in Company A. And we would like to copy those newly created items from Company A to Company B. What can we do in SQL Tables? Do you mean inventory items? If so, the IV00101 table is the item master table. The other inventory card tables begin with IV0010?, where ? is a wildcard. Depending upon what version of SQL Server you are using, you can use the Import/Export Wizard or Integration Services. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Alexis" wrote: > We always create items in Company A. And we would like to copy those newly > created items from Company A t...

How to print on a 3 x 4 1/2" #56 Envelope
I want to print my logo & address and also input a mailing address If your printer will setup a print size this small, then do this first. The page setup should reflect the printer setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Donna Kane" <Donna Kane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BD3398A-286D-477A-8B80-660592F0D11B@microsoft.com... >I want to print my logo & address and also input a mailing address My printer will not set up this print size. Is there anything else I can d...

undeliverable email #2
I recently started using Outlook 2002 to send email. I've had no proble till yesterday when my emails were returned undeliverable. The messag is as follows: "553 Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowe rcpthosts (#5.7.1)" This is the message I get to all emails I now send. I would appreciate some comments. Thank you. Regard ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Item Utilization Stats on items used on an MO
I have two clients looking to see there usage of an item. Currently on the item card there is a items sold. It would be nice if there was an option that told you how many of this item were used on picklists for MO's. If you we are going to show utilization we need to look at all utilization. This is important when trying to increase purchase orders to meet minimum dollars on PO's to achieve a discount. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree...

Composing HTML formatted emails with Calendar items embedded
Hello, I thought I posted this question before, but I can't find it anywhere, so I'm posting again. I'm really sorry for the repeat post. I have a user who is trying to create an email message in HTML format, and wants to embed Calendar items in the body of the message. I know you can do this in RTF, but she wants to use HTML because she wants to use hyperlinks & anchors as well (Table of Contents at the top of the message, each item linking to the appropriate section of the email). I can attach Calendar items as attachements, but she wants to embed them in the body of the ...

A formula finds a text in one cell #2
( A ) ( B ) ( C ) ( D ) E ) ( F ) HUNTER-1 ( LARGE 20X24 ) 1 35.37 2.2 S PATTERN CHANGE HUNTER-1 ( LARGE 20X24 ) 1 35.37 1.65 20 CONVEYOR FULL HUNTER-1 ( LARGE 20X24 ) 1 35.37 0.92 01 TURNTABLE HUNTER-1 ( LARGE 20X24 ) 1 35.37 0.4 10 DRAW PINS HUNTER-1 ( LARGE 20X24 ) 1 35.37 0.48 22 DIST. CRANE Without Pattern Cahange 35.37 3.45 With Pattern Change 37.57 5.65 Pattern Change Only 37.57 2. -- vane032 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vane0326's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member....

Grouping Dates in Pivot tables #2
Hi All, Although I am generally comfortable with Pivot tables I frequently run into a problem grouping date ranges within the pivot table. Sometimes this works fine and other times excel says that it cannot group that data. There is some mention of this in the help however it does not suggest how to fix it. It seems that it has to do with the date format from the original list however I have tried reformatting and it seems to not help. Has anyone ever figured this out? Some date ranges work fine and other don't. Thanks for any help that you can offer. That error can occur if there...

counting items with visio / vba
Hi ! I'm currently developing VBA from access to generate a Visio doc. All is pretty well, but sometimes, I guess when I use grouped elements (masters for example) there is a lot of crap I need to keep an eye on each drop element (masters, lines ...) If I drop a complex master made from grouped lines and then use document_visio.pages(1).shapes.count I'm going to have: 1 When I drop a line, or a master or anything else, and I want to modify it, I need to have its number, in order to call it like that Doc.Pages(p).Shapes.ItemFromID(21).CellSRC(....) and this 21 is very different fr...

Matrix
I have a matrix, lets say 10 down and 10 across. I want to be able to type lets say one through 10 in one cell from the column, and then one through 10 in another cell from the across column, and I want the 3rd cell to give me the intersection of those two cells.. So for example, the matrix looks like this.. 1 2 3 1 5 10 5 2 7 8 9 3 4 3 2 and when I type 2 in the first cell and 3 in the next cell I want the result to be 9! Thank you all for helping me.. Eyad With your example data list in A1:D4, And you type the 2 in E1, And you type the 3 in E2, Try this:...

Flagged Items and AutoArchive
Outlook 2007 I have noticed recently that flagged items seem to cause an issue with the AutoArchive feature. It seems that when an item is flagged, or had been flagged and is now marked as completed, that the item will not get archived. At the bottom of each of my folders that are set to automatically archive there is a collection of older items. Today, for example, there were about a dozen messages that should have been archived out of my Inbox, but it looks like the archiving process stopped when it hit an item that was marked as completed. I can see why you would not want flagged...

Auto Reply #2
What the best way to setup an auto reply for a group email account in excahnge 2003. Do I have to use a rule in Outlook, or can it be done on the exchange server. Example, an email to order@xxxx.com would auto reply, thanks for your order its being shipped..... Use a Public Folder to hold the mail for order@xxxx.com and then use the Folder Assistant to create the autoreply. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Bob" <haus@ij.net> wrote in message news:2bdff01c46832$38647e20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > What the best way to se...

Filter #2
I have a worksheet with many thousands of records. One of the fields has approximately 300 unique values that each are repeated hundreds or even thousand of times in the field. I am attempting to have Excel produce a list of each value on another worksheet. Any insights will be appreciated. You can use an Advanced Filter to extract the data to another sheet. Start on the destination sheet and follow the instruction in Excel's help, or here: http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html Dudley wrote: > I have a worksheet with many thousands of records. One of the fields ha...

BCC #2
Is there any way to view BCC field in received emails? no, BCC information is not available in mail you receive. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "WraithMan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

How 2 change date in 1 cell/worksheet so it changes in all workshe
I work with an excell workbook to print labels for medication dispensing. We used to have it set up that when you changed the fill dates and the dispensing dates in our first worksheet, it changed all those same dates on each of our over 50 worksheets with patient labeling. At some point this go messed up and it no longer works. I have to manually go in and change these dates on each of our sheets in the workbook! It is very time consuming. Can you please tell me how to link these cells throughout the whole workbook so I don't have to do this each week! Thank you! Select al...

Adding a value using external formula #2
Basically I want a formula to just add the value of one cell and plac it in another. This will then be added to whatever value is already i the cell that you are adding data into. I completely understand that this might seem pointless, but there ar literally hundreds of cases where I'd have to change formulas. Firstl I'm really not willing to do this, but also as this is for a shedulin system there will be a new worksheet each week. If I can use this sor of thing to use a reference from just one sheet and add it to eac sheet as it goes, instead of adding the same data every single ti...

Fast alternative to table based state transition matrix
I got this answer from comp.theory. It was completely obvious once it was explained. It is trivially simple to create a DFA based recognizer without a state transition matrix data table. Simply encode case statements corresponding to inputs within the case elements of a case statement corresponding to states. In at least some cases the (case within case) method might be faster depending upon whether or not memory is reduced enough to more than offset the higher case statement overhead to increase cache locality of reference. "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@OCR4Screen.com...

View Another User's folder (contact items)
Dear All, User needing access to a subfolder with Contact items, both mailboxes in Exchange 2000 server. Although I hknow how to go around the Outlook interface to privide access to the other user's subfolder, according to article 290824: " In order to share other than the five default Mailbox folders, Contacts, Inbox, Journal, Notes, and Tasks, you must share the entire mailbox. This gives access to subfolders, as well as the five primary folders." ....is this so? Really? I just want the user to have access to that specific subfolder with contact items w/o reading anythi...

AutoSum #2
I know this should be easy, but.... If I autosum several cells...and then want to add more cells with numbers and get a new autosum of all cells - how do I do this? When trying, it's not adding them all up - it is just coping the total of the last cell. Can you help? -- CC Give us an example of what range you first used AutoSum on then show us what you want to add to the range. i.e. where do you add the "more cells with numbers" Are you inserting these above the autosum formula? In that case the new numbers should be included. One more thing............is calculation ...

Transfer item at HQ after the item has been sold
I have two stores and I 'd like to transfer items often. A manager from the other store comes in and takes what she wants to take. She makes a list of what she takes and gives it to me. She starts selling these items right away at her store. I take the list and enter into the HQ once a week as a transfer initiated by HQ. My question is, does the qty at receiving store get messed up if I do the HQ transfer after that item has been already sold? The quantity may go -1 then back to zero after the transfer, but if the cost has changed you won't be getting an accurate cost on your ...

LIMITING CELLS TO 2 DECIMAL PLACES IN EXCEL
I have a small issue with an excel list that I am pulling information from. Its a basic price list pulled from another companys list. The problem is the company that the price originate from use an equasion from another list to derive the actual totals. this means that numbers can be up to 5 decimal places long. I need to know how to be able to reduce absolutely, the entire column of numbers to 2 decimal places. Not so that it just looks like 2 (as in making it a currency) but actually rounding the real numbers to 2 dec places. Is there a simple way to do this or is it more involved? =ROUND(...