Mass Price Update and Labels

I am in the process of becoming a member of a large hardware cooperative that
sends out updated costs and prices based on market conditions. They have
approx. 60K SKUs in their inventory - I probably would only carry a third of
that amount. I know I should be able to import this in to the system on a
regular basis, but is there a way I can print these labels out automatically
based on what actually changed?

On a different subject - right know I have approx 10K SKUs in my database,
which lies on one of the POS stations (I have 4 POS stations total). The
version of SQL is what automatically comes with RMS 2.0. Will I need to look
at changing my system around if I add that many SKUs?
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jason, We provide a RMS utility which will do exactely what you are lookink
for.
When ever any changes is made in item.
Our pogram monitors the RMS database for price changes and new items, when
they occur, it keeps track of them. All you do is either schedule the
software to automatically print labels when changes occur or go into the
program and view the list, and print them yourself.  It's that simple.

This software works great with RMS Store Operations and it almost a
necessity with RMS Headquarters!

Currently with RMS, you change a price via HQ for your of your stores, and
then you send a file to those stores via email notifying them of these
changes. When the manager of that store gets this list, he/she has to find
each one of these in the database and print a new label. To top it off, the
labels need to get printed and be on the shelf before the store opens to
ensure the tagged price is the correct price!  Even if all these precautions
are taken, the process is still prone to errors.

Once Our Label program is setup, this process is 100% automated.  Very slick.

Any Changes you make in discription, price A, B, C,  Cost Price, Sales
Prices, Sale Price Date etc you can choose any of these flags to look for
change

Jamal
Delta Business Solutions
1-866-790-0616
jamal@DeltaBSolutions.com

"Jason Kelton" wrote:

> I am in the process of becoming a member of a large hardware cooperative that
> sends out updated costs and prices based on market conditions. They have
> approx. 60K SKUs in their inventory - I probably would only carry a third of
> that amount. I know I should be able to import this in to the system on a
> regular basis, but is there a way I can print these labels out automatically
> based on what actually changed?
>
> On a different subject - right know I have approx 10K SKUs in my database,
> which lies on one of the POS stations (I have 4 POS stations total). The
> version of SQL is what automatically comes with RMS 2.0. Will I need to look
> at changing my system around if I add that many SKUs?
0
Jimmy2836 (50)
10/24/2008 6:45:00 AM
Hi Jason.  Retail Realm has an add-on called Import Utility hat has a
Catalogue Import Function.  In this function you can see New items as well
as Items where price or cost have changed (Colour coded) and you decide
which ones you want to import to update the database.   This can be against
store or HQ Database.  Contact me for more info.

Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk
Retail Realm
= = = = = = = =
"Jason Kelton" <JasonKelton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am in the process of becoming a member of a large hardware cooperative
>that
> sends out updated costs and prices based on market conditions. They have
> approx. 60K SKUs in their inventory - I probably would only carry a third
> of
> that amount. I know I should be able to import this in to the system on a
> regular basis, but is there a way I can print these labels out
> automatically
> based on what actually changed?
>
> On a different subject - right know I have approx 10K SKUs in my database,
> which lies on one of the POS stations (I have 4 POS stations total). The
> version of SQL is what automatically comes with RMS 2.0. Will I need to
> look
> at changing my system around if I add that many SKUs?

0
afshin (783)
10/25/2008 2:50:26 PM
Thanks to you both. I have investigated before the Import Utility from Retail
Realm - I think this will definitely be a "must have" for me.

Jamal - do you have any brochures or further information that you could send
to me?

Do either of you have an opinion on the hardware requirements you would
recommend for the amount of SKUs I am looking at?

Thanks,
Jason

"Afshin" wrote:

> Hi Jason.  Retail Realm has an add-on called Import Utility hat has a
> Catalogue Import Function.  In this function you can see New items as well
> as Items where price or cost have changed (Colour coded) and you decide
> which ones you want to import to update the database.   This can be against
> store or HQ Database.  Contact me for more info.
>
> Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk
> Retail Realm
> = = = = = = = =
> "Jason Kelton" <JasonKelton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am in the process of becoming a member of a large hardware cooperative
> >that
> > sends out updated costs and prices based on market conditions. They have
> > approx. 60K SKUs in their inventory - I probably would only carry a third
> > of
> > that amount. I know I should be able to import this in to the system on a
> > regular basis, but is there a way I can print these labels out
> > automatically
> > based on what actually changed?
> >
> > On a different subject - right know I have approx 10K SKUs in my database,
> > which lies on one of the POS stations (I have 4 POS stations total). The
> > version of SQL is what automatically comes with RMS 2.0. Will I need to
> > look
> > at changing my system around if I add that many SKUs?

Center of Mass
Hello together, i have a 20*10 matrix with positive integer-values and I have to calculate the center of mass of this "volume". Should be easy in Excel...but what's the easiest way of doing it? Best Regards Gerhard Gerhard, What do the integer values represent, and what does the matrix represent? HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Gerhard" <Gerhard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46E76273-2824-457D-92E9-00AB0211AFAD@microsoft.com... > Hello together, > i have a 20*10 matrix with positive integer-values and I have to calculate > the center ...

The updating is not applicable to the system in use
Hi to everybody! Everything starts with an error of Windows Update during the application of updatings and precisely: WindowsUpdate fails error: 800B0100. In the attempt of solution of the problem, someone has been recommended me of reinstallare Windows Update in autonomous formality unloading the packet related to the version of installed Windows. Being the version Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits, the relative packet it results to be: Vista 32bit: Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x86.msu 1.7 MB . Sinned that its execution is stopped by the signaling : "The updating is not app...

How do I round a price up or down to ##.99
=ROUND(A1,0)-0.01 "JJ" <JJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32EBE9B6-9443-45A5-A95A-A2AAB4DD4C31@microsoft.com... > ...

2007 Deluxe update...CRASH
Money Deluxe 2007 just told me it needed to update. I allowed this thing to happen (silly me), and now when I try to start it, I get an error message that tells me it cannot find checksum.exe, and that I must reinstall from the original disks. Silly me also purchased it as a download, and didn't pay an extra 6 bucks to get multiple downloads, or an extra $10 bucks to get a CD (cheap silly me). Am I screwed? Thanks in advance... In microsoft.public.money, villagedweller wrote: >Money Deluxe 2007 just told me it needed to update. I allowed this >thing to happen (silly me), and n...

Price/PriceA/PriceB/PriceC/COST for regions and stores
In HQ under the Item Store Quantity should be the local (store) price and cost from the stores. You should then be able to update this Value and it creates an worksheet to update the values. Also the Worksheets should base in HQ a line per store/regeon then per item and use the cost from the actual store to compare to rather than HQ values as they are incorrect or inaccurate. -- Regards, Ivan Brebner Premium Retail Solutions ...

In Presentation Mode
We have an embedded links in our PPT to other files (Excel graphs and data) where the data shows small in PPT. When we update these Excel files, it automatically updates the PPT. However, it does not do it in Presentation mode. Is there a way for the automatic updates to occur in Presentation Mode. Ie. We want a continuous PPT presentation showing on the screen and when Excel is updated, the PPT presentation will also automatically be updated (even a few minutes later would be OK with a macro). Thanks! Mike Mike, You need an add-in to do what you want: http://presentatio...

Spanish update for Office 2008 still not showing up...
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Spanish update for Office 2008 still not showing up... <ajgb@officeformac.com> wrote: > Spanish update for Office 2008 still not showing up... Nope, it's not there yet :-\ Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS Remove "NoSpam" to e-mail me - Retirez "NoSpam" pour m'�crire It used to be, t...

How to change tick mark labels in z axis from values to texts?
I am drawing a column chart for the dynamic scales in a music piece. Data value in the z axis refers to other customary names (texts). For example, 7 represents ff (fortissimo), 6 represents f (forte), 5 for mf (mezzo forte), etc. I want to show these customary names instead of the values in the labels. Could anybody teach me how to change these tick mark labels in z axis from values to texts? One correction. The labels I want to change is in the Y axis. Thanks. "Flroa" wrote: > I am drawing a column chart for the dynamic scales in a music piece. Data > value in the z...

Updating Rank
I have a spreadsheet with column A ranking the info 1-100 for priority. How can I change a row to move to the top and re-rank the rest? The best example I have seen of this is your netflix queue where you ask it to move a selection to the top or re-rank numbers by changing where you want them in the queue. I hope this makes sense. Thanks!! 'Right click on sheet tab, view code, paste this in: '===================================== Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'Define Range that will be changed If Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A100")...

Mass Delete
Some how I have created multiple listings for the same item. I think I made any error in importing a csv file. For example I have over 100 separate items with the same SKU (STNP-1) and desription. Is there a way to delete these as a bunch and not each single one. Thanks for any advice. Steve: Each item has a unique ID called the primary key even though you may have entered all of the other information multiple times. Pick one ID, call it X, to keep and delete the others with Tom's statement with the additional qualifier" AND ID <> X". "Steve" wrote: &g...

Microsoft .net Framework update
For the last two days the computer has been trying to add a new update "Mircosoft .NET Framwork 1.1 SP1" on my computer. Currently I have SP3 loaded and working with Windows XP professional. It fails on the download, fails on a install from re-start and fails from a direct internet install ERROR Ox643. What solutions do you have? Bill See and try the following. If issue still persists post back http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Update-error-80070643 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by e...

Background banking -when does it actually update?
I have been running Money Plus for several months now and activated background banking when I setup online services. Paying bills, getting updates on electronic transactions, even transferring money works great. But I have yet to have my accounts automatically updated. I have it set for 24 hour updates. On the flip side, when I push the online update button on the home page, sometimes it updates, and sometimes it does not. I have called online support and they state that my install is working perfectly and it is the bank problem. The bank did a troubleshooting session and said my ...

creating mailing labels
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am not very computer literate. I have been advised to install Office for Mac 2008 (Home & Student edition) on my iMac computer to enable me to create Avery mailing labels using data from a spreadsheet, which I can't presently do. Before I install it, will I easily be able to do this? Also, will I easily be able to transfer my spreadsheet to Word? Hi, > I am not very computer literate. I have been advised to install Office for Mac > 2008 (Home & Student edition) on my iMac computer to enable me to c...

Update Bank Balance
I installed Money 2003 from Money 2002, and the Downloaded Bank Balance does not update each time I download transactions from my bank. The downloaded balance shows the date and balance from 7/12/2001. This makes reconciling impossible. What could be wrong, or what configuration(s) do I need to set? In microsoft.public.money, PJ wrote: >I installed Money 2003 from Money 2002, and the >Downloaded Bank Balance does not update each time I >download transactions from my bank. The downloaded >balance shows the date and balance from 7/12/2001. This >makes reconciling imposs...

Updating links
Hi, In one of our office spreadsheets, everytime it is opened it asks do you want to update cells from another spreadsheet. I believe when this spreadsheet was set up, a work sheet was copied from another spreadsheet. I thought that all the references to that other spreadsheet had been removed. Is there anyway to identify (other than manually checking each cell) which cell has a formula linked to the old spreadsheet. Thanks in advance, George Download and install Bill Manville's FindLink add-in, which you can find at: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/ In article <bYd1d.27315$Z14.90...

Patrick
Hi, please scroll down to "Outlook backup (PFBACKUP) option not in FILE" and help us solve, thanks! :) -- CJSnet (Remove TEETH to reply by e-mail.) ...

Label Wizard
When trying to use the label wizard and trying to print more than 1 item label, the print preview just shows Page 1 of 1. It just prints the first label and not the rest. We are using a Zebra label printer. Anything we are missing? Thanks, Steve. Do you have the correct paper size when you enter printer properties? "Steve" wrote: > When trying to use the label wizard and trying to print more than 1 item > label, the print preview just shows Page 1 of 1. It just prints the first > label and not the rest. We are using a Zebra label printer. Anything we are > missi...

mass modify
In version 9.0 the GL Mass Modify option does not copy or move the GL account description from the source account. Instead it creates its own description from the account segment descriptions. Is there any way that the mass modify can copy the correct description. This is a big issue for our company because we have more than 50,000 accounts. And it will be impossible for us to update each account description when a new division is created. ...

mass mailing causes system to become a bottleneck
Good Day, We running exchange 2003, once a week we send a mass amiler to roughly 1000 recipients with a 1mb attachment. Whenever this happens the exchange server and internet because a bottleneck and end users are not able to do any work for hours at a time. Is there any other method we can use to send these messages? Is there anything I can do on exchange that would prioritize the traffic? Any help would be appreciated. Ray How are you sending this message? Are you using Outlook and BCC? You can defer the sending of the message by selecting Tools > Options > Do not deliver...

How to mass convert Filename.eml to Filename.msg while keeping them in original subdirectories?
Does anyone know of a utility that walks an explorer directory and subdirectory converting every .eml file into a .msg file? My company has used Outlook express for 4 years, and we often copied emails to various Windows Explorer directories. After copying, we would often rename the .eml file -- for instance change "please help.eml" to "John Doe needs help with Outlook Express crashes.eml". Each e-mail copied resulted in an .eml file like "Hey Santa, here is my xmas list.eml" Find File .eml reveals that we have 3000 such files spread over 100 subdirectories. ...

3 labels per page
I have a report header (0.2"), a detail section of 4.597", and a group footer (1"). The page margins are 0.5" top and bottom. I have to print 3 certification cards per page - and keep the data in the same spot on each page. The 1st sub (below) suppresses the group footer for the 3rd label on each page. The 2nd and 3rd subs are used to skip a card if the user wants to start the printing on the 2nd or 3rd card instead of the 1st. My problem is when I enter any number other than 0 to skip labels, the labels "creep up" the page. I'm think...

Value list updates not appearing in form
I have a table with several fields who's display control is combo-box, source is value list, and multiple values are allowed. In one of the fields, when I add a new option to the value list, it automatically appears in the drop-down list in the form. Not so for the other field! When I go back and add more values to the list, they do not appear in the combo box drop-down list in the form. I've been working around it by manually adding the new options to the value list in the form's properties. Why does it work for one field and not the other? I can't see anywhere whe...

mass mailing
hello, there Anyone know outlook can write a scripts that create a call scripts so it can email mass mailing by call first name or last name in the address book? -- Vinh Dinh Phone: 408-574-3878(o) email: homes@vinhdinh.com "Vinh Dinh" <bradleydinh@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:%23UanWWdnHHA.4132@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > hello, there > Anyone know outlook can write a scripts that create a call scripts so it > can email mass mailing by call first name or last name in the address > book? > > -- > Vinh Dinh > Phone: 408-574-3878(o) &g...

Check out the update from the MS
--mvnkeqiiemxvqcc Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="inznlbbwxy"; type="multipart/alternative" --inznlbbwxy Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wzdvnpnc" --wzdvnpnc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "March 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the m...

Control Will Not Update
How do I get a control to update in a form without closing the form and re-opening it? It used to work fine before I converted the DB to 2007. Basically, a user keys in an item number, and I would like the item description control to populate after they move out of the item control field. The source for the form is a select query. Any help would be appreciated. "DJM2290" <DJM2290@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3EE101D-A3C1-4E8F-8D9D-2D357A415638@microsoft.com... > How do I get a control to update in a form without closing the form and ...