Mass Assigning of Items to New Department

I have currently one large department called "stock items" that was created
when the items were imported from my accounting software.  I need to break
these items down into more specific catagories, but I want to find a way that
doesnt involve going one by one through my items and assigning new
departments.  Is there a way to do this more effieciently?
0
JBMUS (1)
7/26/2006 7:14:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Retail Realm has a store and HQ Utiliy in which one option is 37 new wizards
one of which does exactly what you are asking.  Please contact me for more
information.

Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk]
CEO - Retail Realm
= = = = = =
"JBMUS" <JBMUS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have currently one large department called "stock items" that was created
> when the items were imported from my accounting software.  I need to break
> these items down into more specific catagories, but I want to find a way
> that
> doesnt involve going one by one through my items and assigning new
> departments.  Is there a way to do this more effieciently?

0
afshin (783)

Center of Mass
Hello together, i have a 20*10 matrix with positive integer-values and I have to calculate the center of mass of this "volume". Should be easy in Excel...but what's the easiest way of doing it? Best Regards Gerhard Gerhard, What do the integer values represent, and what does the matrix represent? HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Gerhard" <Gerhard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46E76273-2824-457D-92E9-00AB0211AFAD@microsoft.com... > Hello together, > i have a 20*10 matrix with positive integer-values and I have to calculate > the center ...

Inventory item purchase for a Project through POP should Allocate
When an inventory item is purchased for a Project via POP, the item should show as being Allocated, like when a SOP order is entered. -- Jeff Burns, CPA TECHVISIONS, LLC ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Commun...

Cash Flow items doubled
I have microsoft Money 2004 and recently got Ultrasoft Money for my Palm M515. Ever since then the cash flow has been doubled all the items in the cash flow and is now over �500 out. The balance on my current account is �55 at the moment but when I look at the cash flow it says it is -�565. I have tried to repair the file but it says there is no problem with it. The dupliations are now disappearing but the amoutn is still way off any ideas. Thanks in advance Grant ...

Cannot empty "deleted items" folder
Hi All- My wife's machine is locking up when Outlook opens. I'm guessing that the deleted items folder is way too big (almost 8000 messages). Problem is, when I go to empty it (or do anything else), the maching hangs for a very long time and gives me the following error: 1. unable to load personal free/busy data. 2. the file ...Outlook.pst could not be accessed. System: Dell Laptop, Celeron Processor Windows 2000 Outlook 2000 Thanks in advance. Can you open the deleted items folder and select a few messages at a time, then hit delete? How big is the PST file? Dan wrot...

Sent To Address disappearing in Sent Items?
Any one seen this ??? Go into Sent Items & the Sent to Address is blank Outlook 2003 - server based message store - no PST In news:MPG.1dd41015878f4b37989697@msnews.microsoft.com, ERoss <eross@provance.dot.com> typed: > Any one seen this ??? > > Go into Sent Items & the Sent to Address is blank > > Outlook 2003 - server based message store - no PST If you double-click on a message to open it, what does it look like? In article <ePbBY8b4FHA.696@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com says... > > > ...

To be able to switch suppliers for more than one item.
I'd like the ability to switch suppliers for more than one item at a time, perhaps in an Inventory Wizard? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=caf52d27-37c2...

Create a new permission level
I need to create a new permission level to contain specific permissions, and I looked at the link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc288074.aspx#section2 Is there a document or web site that explains in more detail what each one of the 32 permissions does? The brief description is not enough. Example: "Manage Lists" does not give the user permissions to change the "Content Approval" in "Versioning settings," but adding "Use Remote Interfaces" to the user does give them the privilege to change the "Content Approval."...

stop Money from assigning payees or categories
I am dire help on this one. I need to figure out a way to stop Money from automatically and randomly assigning payees or categories to downloaded or imported transactions into Money. I just downloaded a batch of them from my bank that Money assigned the same category for every single transaction. I am using Money 2007 Deluxe. In microsoft.public.money, namsilat wrote: >I am dire help on this one. I need to figure out a way to stop Money >from automatically and randomly assigning payees or categories to >downloaded or imported transactions into Money. I just downloaded a >batch ...

Filtering sent items into folders
Hi, I'm running Outlook 2000, and I would like to set up filters so that when I send a message to certain people, the e-mail is automatically filtered into a folder. I would like to move the e-mail itself, not simply filter a copy. How exactly do I do this? Thanks very much. Hi will, please create a rule to do this, TOOLS | RULES | Move the message.... -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Will Sutton" <bill@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:MPG.1b6c8fa...

2004 getting new capabilities
Last week when I did my morning "Internet Update" Microsoft Money 2004 updated my Fleet/BOA accts for the first time. This morning MBNA was brought up to date automatically. It seems the new scrape functionality that 2005 offers is coming online for 2004. Anyone else have this happen? Figured it out. This was a scrape from MSN. The odd thing is I had set up snych so it was one way - from MM2004 to MSN only - this shouldn't have happened. The other odd thing is that I don't normally go to MSN and never update accounts there...so this MBNA credit card acct upda...

Send link to item using Folder Assistant rule
I have an Exchange server public folder set up with a custom form. The folder assistant rules work nicely to forward the posted messages to the appropriate list of recipients, based on the value in one of the user-defined fields of the form (using the Advanced settings in the rule editor). However there is no option to forward a _link_ to the posted message - the entire message gets forwarded. The result is that a message lands up in the recipients' Inboxes using the default form, and they can then proceed to reply on the message in their Inbox folders, which is not desired. I do not ha...

Assign 3
a) The most usefull part of this module was learning that you can e-mail your publications through MS Publisher. It is very useful for my job. b) The part of this module that I found the most challenging was creating a hyperlink in hte publication. Huh? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "K Hutch" <KHutch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04678BDD-D844-478C-BFAB-B95A80B2BDC8@microsoft.com... > a) The most usefull part of this module was learning that you can e-mail > your &g...

New Critical Updates and Outlook 2003
I have discovered a bug that occurs in Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP computer when the 5 new security flaw updates are installed. In Outlook, when you first type a person email address or select them from your Contacts, their email/name goes into some sort of cache list so that the next time that you send this person an email you just start typing and the name will appear. After installing the 5 Critical updates yesterday, those people with Windows XP and Outlook 2003 lost all of those names and email addresses that were in that cache list; effectively their cache list was emptied. ...

Ability to Assign an Activity to Another user While Offline (SFO)
While using Sales for Outlook tried to assign an activity to another user however the assign function is not available. When I go back online the assign function magically re-appears. Is this a feature or is something wrong? Thanks Assign is part of workflow, which is only available on the server, i.e. not in Sales for Outlook. Rgds, Per >-----Original Message----- >While using Sales for Outlook tried to assign an activity >to another user however the assign function is not >available. When I go back online the assign function >magically re-appears. Is this a feature o...

using new List<String>();
Hello, I wonder do I create a memory leak by using private void myFunc() { List<String> joblist = new List<string>(); // ... add a alot of string into the joblist } and then call myFunc "repeatedly" from the main program It feels like I should return the memory somehow, but how? // Anders -- English is not my first language so any error, insults or strangeness has happend during the translation. Please correct my English so that I may become better at it! On 5/26/2010 11:02, Anders Eriksson wrote: > Hello, > > I wonder do I crea...

Filter out distinct items
Is there any quick way to get a distinct list of unsorted (or sorted if necessary) column with repeated values? Thanks. Probably the easiest way is to highlight the column you want to do th distinct sort on and go to the Data menu, Data -> Filter -> Advance Filter, choose your list range and just be sure to check the "Uniqu records only" box at the bottom of the window -- summerg ----------------------------------------------------------------------- summergs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3741 View this thread: http://www.e...

Mass Delete
Some how I have created multiple listings for the same item. I think I made any error in importing a csv file. For example I have over 100 separate items with the same SKU (STNP-1) and desription. Is there a way to delete these as a bunch and not each single one. Thanks for any advice. Steve: Each item has a unique ID called the primary key even though you may have entered all of the other information multiple times. Pick one ID, call it X, to keep and delete the others with Tom's statement with the additional qualifier" AND ID <> X". "Steve" wrote: &g...

Where did the new look goto?
Everything was working fine with O2007, until I saved in the old O2003 format. Since then, Pub opens in the old O2003 Pub window. Pub is one of my favs and I have several templates saved. -- truckrwolf nevermind, i read furtherdown. -- truckrwolf "truckrwolf" wrote: > Everything was working fine with O2007, until I saved in the old O2003 > format. Since then, Pub opens in the old O2003 Pub window. Pub is one of my > favs and I have several templates saved. > -- > truckrwolf truckrwolf wrote: > Everything was working fine with O2007, until I saved in ...

How to assign query results to cells
mysql01 = " SELECT " mysql02 = " ChildRecords.ChildID " mysql03 = " FROM ChildRecords " ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Add With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _ "ODBC;DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};Dbq=SomePlace" _ , Destination:=Range("A1")) .CommandText = Array(mysql01, mysql02, mysql03) How do I assign the results, ChildRecords.Child to a specific cell? ...

User deleted from AD, can't assign his accounts to others
I have a user that was deleted from active directory before his license was removed in CRM 1.2. I found how to free his license manually by removing it from the systemuserlicenses table. This was fine but I have just found that I also can not assign any of his accounts to anyone else. I get an error "The selected object could not be found. Verify that the object exists in both the database and Active Directory." The user was since added back to active directory but I am sure that the link from CRM to AD for this user hinged on some GUID that has now changed or something like ...

After hitting Send-New a Follow up MsgBox
Hi, I was wondering if after I hit the send button to send an email, I would like a message box to appear to ask if I want to set a reminder that I need to follow up on this message. If I click yes, then it will show up in my tasks If I click no, then the message sends normally. Thanks, Sean ...

New purchase/activation
New computer has trial version. I can purchase new H/S 2007 at discount. Do I need to uninstall current software, then re-install purchased version to activate? Or just use activation key from new software to activate included trial version without installing again? Thanks for you help. Uninstall the Trial version and also the Activation Assistant before attempting to install your purchased version If you have trouble uninstalling fro Add\Remove then see the following http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971179 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others ...

Outlook 2007 calendar item formats
In my calendar, some items are listed with a small white border on the left hand side, and sometimes this border is striped. What do these borders mean? I have tried creating items with the exact same info and they don't have the white border, so I don't get what the difference is. Thanks. It's your show time as setting - Free is white, slashes are tentetive. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists....

Multiple OUs when creating a new dynamic distribution group
I'm attempting to create a new dynamic distribution group that contains user accounts in OU1, OU2, and OU5 (but not OU3 or OU4) So far, I've been trying to pass multiple values to -RecipientContainer with no luck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. On Mon, 10 May 2010 10:04:01 -0700, Charles Calabritto <Charles Calabritto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm attempting to create a new dynamic distribution group that contains user >accounts in OU1, OU2, and OU5 (but not OU3 or OU4) > >So far, I've been trying to pass multiple value...

How to mass convert Filename.eml to Filename.msg while keeping them in original subdirectories?
Does anyone know of a utility that walks an explorer directory and subdirectory converting every .eml file into a .msg file? My company has used Outlook express for 4 years, and we often copied emails to various Windows Explorer directories. After copying, we would often rename the .eml file -- for instance change "please help.eml" to "John Doe needs help with Outlook Express crashes.eml". Each e-mail copied resulted in an .eml file like "Hey Santa, here is my xmas list.eml" Find File .eml reveals that we have 3000 such files spread over 100 subdirectories. ...