Manager Error 'Bad File name or Number'

I keep getting this message on one of my machines when I try to open manager.
 Admin and POS both open and operate fine.  I have uninstalled and
reinstalled twice to no avail.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.
0
nate916 (7)
4/26/2005 5:32:23 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Open Administrator and go to File/Configuration.

Check the Paths and Templates Tabs - you probably have an invalid path or
filename in one of those fields.  If you are using files shared on the
network, you may not have permission to access the files or folders.

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"nate916" <nate916@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I keep getting this message on one of my machines when I try to open
>manager.
> Admin and POS both open and operate fine.  I have uninstalled and
> reinstalled twice to no avail.  Any help would be much appreciated.
> Thanks.

0
glenn1806 (721)
4/26/2005 6:28:30 PM
We had this problem at a customer and, according to MS support, this
indicates a network or file sharing error.  Like Glenn said, check network
share permissions, but also check network settings, network ports, cables,
etc.  Our customer had made a change to their network switch/router which
caused them to drop their connection.

--
Gordon Jaquay
The Jaquay Group, Inc.

"nate916" <nate916@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I keep getting this message on one of my machines when I try to open
>manager.
> Admin and POS both open and operate fine.  I have uninstalled and
> reinstalled twice to no avail.  Any help would be much appreciated.
> Thanks.

0
gjaquay (9)

Linking a graph to a csv file
**Excel 2002 Hello, I'm sure this is exceedingly easy, but somehow, I'm screwing this up. I ultimately need to have a self- updating PowerPoint file (client mandates a ppt file). According to ppt's help, that means I have to use linked Excel graphs, not embedded ppt graphs. However, my programmer will be supplying me with tons of csv files. When I try to create an excel file with a data link to a csv file, it tells me that it can't update it unless I open the source file. I *can't* take the time to open each csv - there will be hundreds. What am I missing wi...

Macro must return the name of the button
Hi there, I want to a macro to display the name of the button (or object) from where I am calling that macro. Anyone an idea? thanks, Derek What sort of button (userform, worksheet forms, worksheet control toolbox)? -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "Derek Brussels" <Derek Brussels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8441F83B-89DC-4515-A643-CE8F258DFC1F@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > > I want to a macro to display the name of the button (or object) from where I > am calling that macro. Anyone an idea? > &...

Customising page numbers
Hi, In MS Word, we can introduce the page numbers in header/footer and customize the starting page number from 2 or 3 ... instead of 1. I want to start the page number from 5 in Excel. Kindly help. - Krisunela Hi goto 'File - Pagesetup'. In the first tab is a textbox to enter your starting page (think this was introduced with Excel 2000) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Krisun wrote: > Hi, > In MS Word, we can introduce the page numbers in header/footer and > customize the starting page number from 2 or 3 ... instead of 1. I > want to start the page number fro...

Quirky recent file list #2
Debra--- I do tend to open from Windows Explore more then File>Open. But I am saving the file. It's more that it is annoying when I close a file by accident and don't quite remember where it got saved on the server. Stacie -- SPenney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267592 Well, I guess you weren't the only one who wanted this behaviour changed. <g> If/when you upgr...

Scheduled Integration via Integration Manager
Hi! I in dire need of help and would need to know if there is any way that I can schedule integrations using integration manager. For example, my client would want to update the price list via integration manager. Is there a way for them to just enter a date to run the integration, and if possible a time as well, then it will automatically run the integration at that specified date and time? Any workarounds, ways and step by step procedure on how to achieve that, would be very very great. Thanks! -- Bryan Hipolito The IM user guide covers that in detail. If you don't already ...

outlook 2000 help file

Import Palm files
Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, calendar, etc Depends what you can export to from Palm Desktop. Personally, I've found this messy. Why not just get sync software that can sync your Palm with Outlook directly? Chapura Pocketmirror or Pumatech Intellisync are two ideas....or your Palm CD may have come with this option. F. Carvalho wrote: > Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files > (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, > calendar, etc ...

Recognition of crylic test in work sheet names, VB version 9108
I have named some worksheets using russian langauge text, which is not recognised by VB in computers running less than Excel 2003. Is there a patch or an upgrade for VB to read this text? ie VB=Sheets(Array("àðàõèñ", "peanuts")).Select and refers to the worksheet арахис (russian for peanuts) (the text is readable in excel, is not legible as worksheet names in VB) Cheers Ben ...

Countif formula between numbers
I'm have a bad day and can't figure this simple question out. I want Excel to count a column of numbers and show the the total cells with values between 100 and 125. The formula I have thus far is '=countif(H5:H125,">=125<=100") why is this not working??? This has been asked about a dozen times today. Homework assingment? =sumproduct((rngA>100)*(rngA<200)). modify to suit -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "dandigger" <dandigger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D44A5E6-ECAB-441D-B9D8-409D23D0369E@microsof...

Invoice Still Named as Quote
Anytime that we convert a quote to a sale in RMS, the receipt still says Quote on it. This was not previously happening. Is this a 1.3 bug? ...

List Shows Private Files
DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS? Whenever I save an attachment, and go to the drop down menu for file name, I am shown a list of dozens of files recently accessed on the computer (not just files accessed by Outlook Express). This occurs even if recent cocuments is turned off in Windows XP and even if the recent documents folder for Windows XP has been cleared. This shows too much! Others using Outlook Express on the same computer can potentially view the file names of every document, image, and device recently accessed. Where is the folder to clear this data out of? duncan <anonym...

Memory Usage When Playing WMV HD Files
Hi all, When I watch a WMV HD file using WMP11, the file appears to start up and play well until I try to fast forward / jump to another part of the file, then the player just stops and after watching via the task manager, WMP memory usage goes through the roof ie. gigabytes and ultimately the player crashes. Have reinstalled the player, have tried various codecs etc but all appears to be unsuccessful. System is XP based, E6600 cpu with 4gb PC6400 memory and 8800GTS 640mb graphics. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Dumb question: what video card d...

To increase the upload file limit ONLY for one site collection
Hi, I have more than 1900 site collections on a web application. I know I can modify the upload file limit thru the CA or directly on the Web config file. However, I do not want to change the setting for all the site collections. I need to be able to change the setting only for a particular site collection. Is there anyway I can add manualy that entry in the web config file. Has anyone tried? Is this possible? Thanks in advance, Antonio ...

#Error Message
I have created a calculation to count the number of people and placed it in the Name Footer: =count([EyNumber]) and called the unbound box, CountNames. When there are no results it returns the #Error message. How can I remove this error message and display a message like, "No Data", or display the true results of a count? I have tried using the IsError function but can't seem to get it to work. Thanks Hi Nigel, Try: =IIf(IsError([EyNumber]), "No Data", Count([EyNumber]) Clifford Bass Nigel wrote: >I have created a calculatio...

Contact not importing names of csv lists
Whenever I import a csv file into outlook 2007 it imports only the email addresses, nothing else. I've titled the csv columns with the exact same headings as the outlook contact headings. Still, it imports only the email addresses. What do I need to do to get it to import the full names as well? Is it correct to assume that because you stated that you "titled the csv columns the same as the Outlook contact headings" - that you used "auto-map" to import your data? There is absolutely no reason, benefit or value whatsoever (under any circumstances) in ...

ESM error
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I have Exchange2k3 SP2 running on a Win2k3 server. Our Exchange Admin is out on medical leave so I am resuming his responsibilities. My problem is I cannot access some of the storage groups using exchange system manager. We have 4 mailbox stores and I get an error trying to access 3 of them. The error is "An unknown error has occurred. ID no: 80040d1b Exchange System Manager". What is really puzzling is if I click on a storage group a second time, I don't get the error but the storage group shows up as empty. I have thi...

how to divide a numbers in a table of data by 1,000, all at once
I've noticed in some spreadsheets that numbers are displayed as rounded...i.e. so that one isn't looking at 1,403,333 + 2,333,999 etc. but rather 1403 + 2334, etc. with a note at the top that says "000's". In one step, how can I edit all the numbers in a table so that they show to the nearest 10,000 (i.e. 1403 +2334), without dividing them one by one by 1,000? Or, to go at it from another angle, how do I divide each # by 1,000? The ROUND feature requires that I create a new table. Not exactly what I'm looking for. Enter 1000 in an unused cell. ...

i renamed a file i needed and lost the info how do i get it back?
I had 2 files with the same name in excel. After I excited excel, I wanted to rename my new file, and I thought I was renaming the new file, but I actually renamed the old file I was working in and when it said this file exists do you want to change I said yes. I lost all my work. How do I get it back? You can't unless you had a backup. Not nice to excite excel. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Tera" <Tera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6545DD51-3597-45DB-A187-F248ED970C8F@microsoft.com... >I had 2 files with the same n...

popup box message; "Publisher cannot open the file"
saved as a .pub file but unable to open. popup box message "Publisher cannot open the file" What version Publisher do you have? Do you know what version Publisher was used to create the file? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "stature" <stature@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AD1D565-743D-478D-95DD-5C5358400272@microsoft.com... > saved as a .pub file but unable to open. popup box message "Publisher cannot > open the file" ...

file sbolext.dll
Downloaded a program some time ago that I found had spyware in it.When I took out the programs I started getting error message at start up of Outlook. "file hotbar\bin\448~1.o\sbolext.dll missing" Downloaded from Microsoft the newest version of the file. Still getting the error message on start. The program runs fine, don't know why it is looking for this file. Running Office 2000 Sr-1. The program removed was hot bars for wall paper and scam mail. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. e-mail address is jvanwie@tampabay.rr.com. ...

How to obtain the name of ODBC definition used in a spreadsheet? #2
How do I get the name of the ODBC def used in my spreadsheet? How do I migrate my spreadsheet (with the ODBC connection) to a different computer and change the name of the ODBC def to a new name, available on the new computer? best regards evds@tekton-it.be ...

svhost.exe: A CRM-related File?
Hello all. McAfee VirusScan has suddenly notified me that it detected a "potentially unwanted file" on the machine that I am using to host an ActionPack version of Microsoft CRM. This is an SBS installation, with everything running on one test machine. Here is the warning from McAfee: ---------------- Potential Unwanted Program Detected! The file C:\WINNT\System32\svhost.exe is a Potentially Unwanted Program (ServU-Daemon) ---------------- When I try to move the file to the desktop, I am alerted that it is in use and cannot be moved (no surprise, huh?). The interesting thin...