Make assembly items inactive?

We have treated our reconditioned used bikes as assemblies
with labor & std items added to the serial bike item. I am
cleaning up our inventory list and can find no way of
making assemblies inactive when they are no longer
available. Is this because an assembly is rather like a
template where items are not committed until they are
sold. In this case meaning that deleting an assembly would
not loose the sales history of it's individual items.
Some please correct me if I am wrong. And, all things
considered, does it not seem that my used bikes would be
better handled as a "kit"? All clarifications welcome!

Thanks
Gary
0
anonymous (74718)
10/26/2004 10:29:21 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

It looks like you've figured out how assemblies work...

The assembly itself is not really an item - it never shows up on a receipt,
and it is not recorded in your sales data.  The Assembly is just used to
conveniently add the group of items it contains.  SO, deleting an assembly
does not in any way affect your sales data.

Assemblies are not stored directly in the Item table (They are in ItemClass
and ItemClassComponent), so they don't have an "Inactive" field to set.

Kits and Assemblies are very similar.  The biggest difference is when the
quantities of the component items are adjusted.  With an assembly, the
components are counted as "On Hand" right up until the transaction is
tendered.  The Assembly Item itself actually has no on-hand quantity. With a
Kit, the component items are taken out of on-hand inventory at the time the
Kit is "Built", and the kit does have an on-hand quantity.  In the case of
used/repaired bikes, either works, but you are probably right that a Kit
makes more sense - not likely that you're going to take a brake cable off a
used bike and sell it as an individual item, right?

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"Gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have treated our reconditioned used bikes as assemblies
> with labor & std items added to the serial bike item. I am
> cleaning up our inventory list and can find no way of
> making assemblies inactive when they are no longer
> available. Is this because an assembly is rather like a
> template where items are not committed until they are
> sold. In this case meaning that deleting an assembly would
> not loose the sales history of it's individual items.
> Some please correct me if I am wrong. And, all things
> considered, does it not seem that my used bikes would be
> better handled as a "kit"? All clarifications welcome!
>
> Thanks
> Gary

0
glenn1806 (721)

Make Default

show total number of items in Inbox and Sent Items
My Outlook 2002 used to show (somewhere on the bottom of the screen) the total number of items in the folder that was highlighted, if the folder was "Inbox" or "Sent Items". This was helpful because I try to keep the number of items pretty low. Somehow (updates, patches, our IT person???) this function has disappeared. Any ideas on getting it back? Thanks ...

Pivot Item Displaying Incorrect Value?
We have a pivot table, which has Project as pivot field 4. The Project pivot field has 3410 pivot items, of which number 842 is misbehaving. The project value for this item is 10537 , and when you drill to detail, that's what you get. Correctly. However, the .Name , .Caption, and .Value properties for this PivotItem all say 616 . In the pivot item drop down list, it's sorted right where 10537 should be, but it says 616 . Thoughts on why/how this would be? best I can tell, someone must have manually typed the 616 accidentally, and the pivot table is set to ac...

Tracking Inventory of One Item / Multiple Suppliers?
Hello. Trying to figure out if it's possible for RMS to report on / segragate inventory quantities if the same inventory item is from multiple suppliers (say 10 units of x from supplier a and 5 units of x from supplier b)...does RMS have this capability? Thanks in advance -- R. Mullen Clovis CA I suppose this could work for serialized items. "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB95016B-936B-46B4-AA19-A823FBE485F2@microsoft.com... > Hello. Trying to figure out if it's possible for RMS to report on / > segragate inventory quan...

making a transfer show up in the budget

making tickets

Multiple Items in Listbox
I've never had to deal with multiple items in a listbox control. Would it best to store the comma-seperated id integers within 1 varchar field? The other thought was possibly build a junction table and have multiple rows for each comma-seperated integer. What's the best way to store multiple items collected from a listbox? In my example, it would like a product id belonging to multiple category id's. Any guidance? scott (sbailey@mileslumber.com) writes: > I've never had to deal with multiple items in a listbox control. Would it > best to store the...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

item quantity discount not found
I have an issue I hope someone can help me with. I had created a mix/match discount scheme for a group of items that I was overstocked with. Now that the items are at the levels I wanted them to be I didn't want them discounted anymore. Since you can't remove a bunch of items from discount at once I decided to delete the discount scheme. It seemed to work OK because when I looked into the item properties discount tab everything had no discount selected. However, when we sell one of these items it comes up with "warning 907 - the item quantity discount was not found in the d...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Outlook 2003 Calendar
Boss and secretary. Secretary takes a new job elsewhere. Secretary's account was disabled and deleted according to our normal procedures. For some reason, every time the boss has an appointment or meeting scheduled by her new secretary (or anyone else for that matter), we get bounce back message saying that the former secretary's email cannot be found. Below is the exact message: <<<<<<**********<<<<<<< Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test date for ****** (former secretary) Sent: 4/7/20...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

Item not saved in Sent Items
I am using Outlook 2000. I just sent an email, I then went to sent items and it wasn't there. I have checked drafts and the outbox and it isn't there either. I have checked that the sent items folder is sorted by date so it should be easy to find the item I sent. Can anyone explain why my mail isn't appearing in the sent items folder? I believe there is option to have or not have items in your emails saved in your sent folder. Check under Tools - Options - Email Options. Check for box that asks whether or not you want emails saved in the sent folder. Let us know if this d...

total items on receipt
I am using RMS but the receipt printouts do not have the total number of items. Do you know how the modify the receipt to get total perchased items? Thanks ...

A broken link in the Outbox or Sent Items box...

Inputing Items (Profit Margin)
I just got done inputing a whole bunch of inventory items. It originally worked great. However now every time I enter Items Database and click on one specific item the price, cost, and profit margin are right on. But then I go to another item and the price stays the same as the item I first clicked on but the cost is the new items cost, thus it is throwing off my profit margin. Looking at all the items from the Items screen the prices are correct just when you view the properties it changes. Any ideas? I'm just starting with RMS and could use help. Hi Do a search on this message ...

Shortcut items in Tasks would not open
I have just upgraded to Outlook 2002 from 2000, i rely heavily on Tasks to keep track of some things, I used to insert shortcut items (emails) to make references and I'm not able to open those shortcuts anymore Is this something is disabled on 2002, can I enable it again? Thanks. Alfredo It's a change in Outlook 2002 for some security-related reason that has never been well explained. There's no workaround. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode....

Making a bmp transparent
Using Publisher 2000 Windows 98SE Is it possible to make a graphic file transparent? I'm attempting to create a motivational cartoon and would like to have a couple of scenes in the background. To do this I think I need to make an image file transparent. Can it be done? I have Paint Shop Pro and MS Paint. I have the challenge in the file, "Problem.zip" which can be downloaded at: http://www.tinyurl.com/wifs On the "Odds, Ends & Funny Things page. Click on the Snowman. 'Appreciate the help. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of...

How to make Frames??
how to make frames in microsoft publisher??? You use the Tool called TEXT FRAME Pretty easy I would have thought - obviously a challenge for some. -- i try to find in tool section.. but there is no button called TEXT FRAME? can u tell me the steps! PLZ!! Thankx.. and one more question.. i would link some sites... but i want that link(site) to be pop up in new window.? how to do it??? i've been trying to find it.. but then it always pop up in same window.. and could u tell me the steps?? plz. Thanzk Trust me, there is most definitely a button called Text Frame. Look in the HEL...