Logic Control and USB

Has anyone hooked up a Logic Controls Pole Display using a direct USB
connection, and if so did you have any problems?
--
Thank You
Vince  :)

Yes,

That's why we've gone to Net Displays (a second monitor) instead.  Cost ~$75
more but much more flexibility.

--
*
"Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
Has anyone hooked up a Logic Controls Pole Display using a direct USB
connection, and if so did you have any problems?
--
Thank You
Vince  :)

0
spam3944 (2163)
1/23/2006 8:05:49 PM
I've set these up for several clients without issue.  We have one site where
the Pole display seems to be causing an issue.  The difference at that
locatin is that they are the only one using BOTH a PINPad and the LC USB
Pole Display.

If you have a PINPad, I'd have to say steer clear for now...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

"Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> Has anyone hooked up a Logic Controls Pole Display using a direct USB
> connection, and if so did you have any problems?
> --
> Thank You
> Vince  :)

0
glenn9672 (1267)
1/23/2006 10:34:09 PM
Most of our clients use the Logic Controls PD USB.
No problem encountered.

Mihir
Diviasoft, Inc

"Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> Has anyone hooked up a Logic Controls Pole Display using a direct USB
> connection, and if so did you have any problems?
> --
> Thank You
> Vince  :)

0
mihirs (128)
1/23/2006 10:47:42 PM
Glenn,
Would you happen to remember if the one with the pinpad was a logic control
3000 or 6000?  The reason I ask is because I set mine up both, and only the
3000 went down...but then it went down on any computer I tried to make it
work on, I somehow managed to destroy it :)
--
Thank You
Vince  :)

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> I've set these up for several clients without issue.  We have one site where
> the Pole display seems to be causing an issue.  The difference at that
> locatin is that they are the only one using BOTH a PINPad and the LC USB
> Pole Display.
>
> If you have a PINPad, I'd have to say steer clear for now...

> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>
> "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> > Has anyone hooked up a Logic Controls Pole Display using a direct USB
> > connection, and if so did you have any problems?
> > --
> > Thank You
> > Vince  :)

0
nagarra (173)
1/24/2006 11:51:04 AM
PD3900UB - same as the rest of them...  The only variable was the PINPad,
and the fact that that site seems to have a lot of power related issues...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

> Glenn,
> Would you happen to remember if the one with the pinpad was a logic
> control
> 3000 or 6000?  The reason I ask is because I set mine up both, and only
> the
> 3000 went down...but then it went down on any computer I tried to make it
> work on, I somehow managed to destroy it :)
> --
> Thank You
> Vince  :)
>

> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
>
>> I've set these up for several clients without issue.  We have one site
>> where
>> the Pole display seems to be causing an issue.  The difference at that
>> locatin is that they are the only one using BOTH a PINPad and the LC USB
>> Pole Display.
>>
>> If you have a PINPad, I'd have to say steer clear for now...
>>
>> --
>> --
>> Glenn Adams
>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>>
>> "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
>> > Has anyone hooked up a Logic Controls Pole Display using a direct USB
>> > connection, and if so did you have any problems?
>> > --
>> > Thank You
>> > Vince  :)

0
glenn9672 (1267)

Modifying ActiveX control properties
Hi All, I dropped a "Microsoft Forms 2.0 Label" on my MFC dialog. I now want to change the Caption property at run time. So I tried CWnd* Label1 = GetDlgItem(IDC_LABEL1); Label1->SetWindowText("New Text"); but SetWindowText aborts with an Access Violation. What am I doing wrong here? Thanks! Richard P.S. The call CWnd* Label1 = GetDlgItem(IDC_LABEL1); is returning NULL even though IDC_LABEL1 is defined and it builds w/o error. So... my question now is why is GetDlgItem returning a NULL? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > P.S. > The c...

If-Then logics
Hi, I have a work sheet with numbers in 'Column A'. In 'Column B' I wish to get the following output: If column A is < 3000 then give me '1'; If column B is >5000 then give me '3'; if column A is >3000 but <5000 then give me '2'. Kindly help. Thanks Rumneet "Rum" wrote: > I have a work sheet with numbers in 'Column A'. > In 'Column B' I wish to get the following output: > If column A is < 3000 then give me '1'; > If column B is >5000 then give me '3'; > if...

Controlling execution of a Sub Procedure
I have a spreadsheet that itself has a recursive (iteration) loop. Once the sheet converges, I have to look at the results and depending on what they are, either call a lengthy Sub procedure or bypass it. I cannot use Function procedures because the lengthy calculation I must perform is itself iterative. Thus I can't break up the calculation into a number of small Function procedures. I am now using the worksheet_calculate() event handler, but evidently the definition of "recalculate the spreadsheet" includes any cell that is manipulated. Thus what I am running...

Chrome and Menu Control
I have an asp.net 3.5 framework website that uses asp.net Menu controls both horizontal and vertical. When I use the website on IE or Firefox the controls work and look fine. However, when using Google Chrome, they look strange and background, alignment and hover properties do not work correctly. Is there any way to assure the Menu control works the same in all major browsers? Thanks. -- David ...

What controls what appears in the Title Bar?
I have a user who usually runs Outlook 2007 with several calendars open: her own, and calendars of two other people in her department If she has only her own calendar open the title bar says 'Calendar - Microsoft Outlook'. If she has these shared calendars open, the title bar shows the name of one of the people who's calendar she has open, i.e. 'Bob Smith - Microsoft Outlook' She would like the title bar to display 'Calendar - Microsoft Outlook' all the time, regardless of who's calendar she has open. Can this be done? Thanks, Jim By the way, our back...

User Control Problem
Hi, I programmed a user defined listbox. This control contains 2 user defined buttons for scrolling up/down, a standard MFC Listbox object and a scroll bar object. In the App the class for this object is registered via the RegisterWindowClass() Function. In an application the control workes fine in different modal dialogs. If this control is used in a DLL (the DLL generates a modal window) the control is working fine if the DLL is the only instance which uses the control. If the app has registered the Control class first, the control doesn't work in the DLL window. Means the control...

Usb Device not Recognized
"One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned..." Ok I am going crazy here please if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. So im using a Western Digital External hard drive and its been working fine until today. I tried to connect it and I got the error message "one of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it" and when I tried to restart my computer it says installing new driver software then it says software was not installed successfully. And when I try to download the device s...

Controlling Spam
I just went from Win 98 to Win XP, and I've been getting tons of spam some of which had Netsky viruses. I'm tired of trying to block 20 to 30 messages every time I open Outlook Express. What can I do to avoid all this spam? Purchase and install a 3rd party product like Norton Internet Security 2004 or PC-cillin Internet Security. (Includes Antivirus, Antispam, and firewall protection.) "Lotte" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17ed001c41a44$e23b9370$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just went from Win 98 to Win XP, and I've been getting &g...

Concatenated text and Leban's Rich Text Control
Greetings All, I was wondering if anyone has run across the problem I'm having with concatenating rtf control contents and line returns. I am using Steven Leban's rich text tool in Access 2007 (as Microsoft's integrated rich text control is pretty much useless if you need to manipulate its contents) (Steven's tool is excellent). I am trying to insert new text into the middle of a rich text field, after formating it as needed, however, I've noticed that the rich text box inserts a line return at the end of my inserted text. I have searched around and have read that rich t...

IF THEN LOGIC
Can you have a cell return a value based on another cell's input. Ex: If I enter the year 2004 in a specific cell then I want another cell to display the date 12/01/03 or some other date or value that I would pre-determine. Hi =IF(A1=2004,DATE(2003,12,1),"") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "flotowntiger" <flotowntiger@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B0DE4A33-E000-4468-AD96-309CE5D16E7D@microsoft.com... > Can you have a cell return a value based on another cell's input. Ex: If I > enter the year 2004 in a specific cel...

Produing report by selecting from tab control
Hello, On the tab control I have the following: Page 1, I have a combo box selecting a supplier and producing it's aging report for all outstandmg and settled invoices. Repprt based on query Page 2 for combo box selecting supplier for aging report showing Outstanding Invoices ONLY also basing on query but filterred on query for Invoice balance = zero My problem is 2nd page can only work if I run first the 1st page ( all invoicess), otherwise 2nd page will show no record to report, while in fact there is Anyone can tell me why this happenned? Thanks in advance, Frank -- H. ...

MS chart control for VC++9 03-13-10
I am trying to use MSchart control in my Visual C++9, However, the MS chart control in not available in activex list!. I ve downloaded the MS chart control for APS. Net but I couldnt use it with my VC++ programs. Is there any clue? thanks On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:50:52 -0800, Azed <user@msgroups.net/> wrote: >I am trying to use MSchart control in my Visual C++9, However, the MS chart control in not available in activex list!. I ve downloaded the MS chart control for APS. Net but I couldnt use it with my VC++ programs. >Is there any clue? >thanks > >--- >frmsrcur...

Question about control text color!
Hi, all, I have a question about the control text, As we all known, we can change the color of a richedit's part text, I want to ask is whehter it is possible to change the color of a part text of Static and CheckBox control? and Is it possible to change a item text color of comboBox? If it's imposible, are there a substitute method to do so? Look forward to you answer! thanks in advance! Best Regards, Mynfred Last edited by mynfred on 12-25- Mynfred, take a look over here - many articles and working samples: http://www.codeguru.com/ - Tim "mynfred" <anon...

Is it possible to add menus and toolbars to an activex control?
see subject contents. ...

Either USB or Router
I have had a progressively worsening problem which I have tried to rectify by researching the issues. A pattern has emerged through my attempts at rectification: either I can get my wireless router to work as it should, or I can get my USB devices to work as they should -- but never both at the same time. For a briefly period, immediately after a chkdk/F, they were both working, except that the panel associated with the Windows toolbar/ wireless router icon kept flashing on and off, and the panel was blank; it could only have been a malfunction. When I got it to stop flashing through c...

IF THEN logic
Sample Data: A B C D E F G CID IID Concerns Interests Contact first timers Identifier TestData 1 1 Building Fellowshi NO U65286929 a 2 4 Tips for Meeting sp b 1 3 Building Opportuniti NO L35069718 a What i want to do is: if column G has an "a" then count column A if it has a 1 in it if column G has an "b" then count column A if it has a 2 in it etc. Seprate the data as first choice and second choice. =SUMPRODUCT(((G2:G200="a&quo...

A question of concept/logic
Hello folks, I would really appreciate your help on the programming logic of the following example: Let's say you have an invitees table with Invitees_ID and Invitees_Names Assuming that you have another table this time with Events_ID and _Name. Now I would like to be able to select invitees, some of them, and invite them to q selected event. Which logic should I use: - Make a third table with gathered Invitees_ID and Events_ID? - Make a table for each events' year so that it can last in the future? Any correction/info will be greatly appreciated :) Have a nice day P.S. sorry a...

Rules with logical AND
Hi there, I am using Outlook 2003 - without Exchange I am trying to resend incomming messages differenciated by words in the subject line. Example: message1 subject line: test message2 subject line: test WARNING message3 subject line: test ALARM now I would like to resend the messages: Subject "test" stays in inbox, no resend Subject "test" and "WARNING" resend to xxx@yyy.com Subject "test" and "ALARM" resend also to xxx@yyy.com I can't figure out how to do that with the rule wizard. Any hints from the experts? regards from sunny Vi...

events and delegates for a treview control
hello everyone, I have a treeview control defined in my user control. I want the values seelcted on the treeview control on my aspx page. How can i achieve this. =?Utf-8?B?Vmlua2k=?= <Vinki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:48D07DFB-2B82-4F4C-B4DC-215091ACF01C@microsoft.com: > I have a treeview control defined in my user control. I want the values > seelcted on the treeview control on my aspx page. How can i achieve this. > You mean you want to click a treeview node and have the value appear on the page? With a postback? Allow clicking on a node t...

custom control example
Hi, I have a win32 program with a custom control and few edit controls.Basically the custom control acts as a holder for the edit controls,so when the scrollbar of the custom control is scrolled, the edit controls move in and out of the window view. I want to rewrite this to fit the mfc methodology. I don't write in mfc and so I had like to have a look at some sample which demonstrates how custom controls are programmed in mfc using classwizards and likewise. Any pointers will be great? Thanks vipin Hi Vipin, I think you may try to take a look at the links below to see if that i...

Title Bar Control
I would like to put a custom control on the title bar of the main frame window. I know how to access the title bar area to change the title, but I'm not sure how to locate a control there. Any help to point me in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks! Rick In the OnCreate method of your CMainFrame class, m_wndTitleBar.Create(this, IDD_TITLEBAR, CBRS_TOP, IDD_TITLEBAR); in the CMainFrame .h file CDialogBar m_wndTitleBar; "Rick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08e901c3a267$9d68fb20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to...

logical function
please what is the use of "" in a formula? can you help breathis down for an hypothetical sheet =IF(AND(I25<>"",I25<=$E$1),$L25*$H25/100,0)k what i dont understand is the "" --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Debo, It is a way of testing for nothing in the cell. So AND(I25<>"",I25<=$E$1) is testing for the I25 to be not empty and less than or equal to the value in E1, If true, it returns the value of L25 multiplied by H25 divided by 100, else it returns 0 The k at the end looks like a mistake -- HTH Bob Ph...

Position of a control in a CFormView
Hi, I'm getting the position of a list control in a CFormView. Then in my CView class, I'm adjusting a splitter bar so that everything above that control is visible. But for some reason, I have to multiply my answer by a "fudge factor" of 1.35 to get it to work correctly. I am not very experienced with coordinates in Windows but I do know about the GetMapMode function call which might have affected the units I'm getting back. Here's the code that gets the control position - DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_LIST_STATISTICS, m_List); .... // CStatisticsView inherits from CFo...

ActiveX control being added to outgoing e-mail?
I have a user running Outlook 2003 via Exchange 2000. All outgoing messages sent by his system apparently have an ActiveX control in them. Any messages I try to open on another machine give the alert "Your current Security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls..." Could this mean the user has a virus? Something else? Any help is appreciated, and a direct reply to me is appreciated as well. Thanks, John M John discovered this was due to bad signature or stationary files in Outlook. I had the same problem with a user and tested this theory. There was indeed some c...

Making Zoom Controls
Hello, I am trying to find a way to write zoom controls but haven't found an appropriate control yet. Could somebody please let me know where to start? Thank you, Victor. What are you trying to zoom? AliR. "victorsk" <victorsk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A720A24F-9578-4A18-BA28-532A6FD34FD9@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I am trying to find a way to write zoom controls but haven't found an > appropriate control yet. Could somebody please let me know where to start? > > Thank you, > Victor. > Hi, Well, objects in my...