Kits on Layaway

Some of our stores have put kitted items on layaway for the first time.  If
the items sell, the inventory from the component items is relieved (as one
would expect), but if they go on layaway, the component items are not showing
as "committed," but the kit item is.  I expected that to be the other way
around.  Does anyone understand the logic behind that?  The whole concept of
"committed" is so that you know you need to order when stock gets low ---
this way you don't see it.

Has anyone else had a kitted item on layaway?
0
RickASP (39)
4/1/2009 8:21:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I feel your pain. We had major inventory issues due to what you describe. We
just recently changed our KITS to ASSEMBLY items. With assembly you group
the items you want to sell together and then have the option to put an
alternate price for each item when it is sold in the assembly. For us this
is the key because we use it for 'package deals'. With assembly items, each
individual SKU shows committed when on layaway. It also allows more
flexibility to change the kit at the time of sale, because you can
add/delete/swap items. The only downside for us is you cannot print labels
for assembly items. The difference between kits and assembly items are
described pretty well in the RMS help.

Marc

"Rick@ASP" <RickASP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Some of our stores have put kitted items on layaway for the first time.
> If
> the items sell, the inventory from the component items is relieved (as one
> would expect), but if they go on layaway, the component items are not
> showing
> as "committed," but the kit item is.  I expected that to be the other way
> around.  Does anyone understand the logic behind that?  The whole concept
> of
> "committed" is so that you know you need to order when stock gets low ---
> this way you don't see it.
>
> Has anyone else had a kitted item on layaway?

0
marc_no_spam (194)

Is there a setup to create a PO for Item kit and have them received as Kit also?
we understand that creating of PO for kit item is not allowed but is there a setup or way to make it possible? thanks in advance for the help. There is no way to purchase an item flagged in Inventory as a kit item because kits are used for selling multiple components as a single item. Are you wanting to somehow create a PO for all the component items in a kit? You're heading towards a manufacturing order solution. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Stephen Lee Gloria" wrote: > we understand that creating of PO for kit item is not allowed but is > there a setup or way to mak...

SKU in as kit but are not kits
I have a client that has SKU's in as kits but are not kits, now to I change it. Thanks, Scott ...

CREDIT REPAIR KIT
Order your Credit Repair Kit at: http://creditfixzone.com/ Before you spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on a credit repair service, we recommend you try our Credit Repair Kit first. The information provided in this kit are the same techniques used by professionals. You will be surprised how easy it is to repair your credit yourself. With a little time and patience you will be able to achieve the same results that you would normally pay thousands for a professional to do. Credit repair is not magic. Many companies out there will bilk you out of your hard earned money, only to use ...

Exchange 2003 resource kit VERY URGENT
Hi, From where do i download Exchange resource kit? I am dying to download from past 3 days but in vain.. do i need to purchase it? What exactly are you looking for? Is there a specific tool that you need? You can get all of the Exchange tools on Microsoft's FTP site. ftp.microsoft.com/pss/tools/exchange support tools They used to have a download on the main download website that was a "all tools" zip file, but I can't find it any more. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Overview-Exchange-2003-Resource-Kit.html provides some help as to what each tool does. -- Ben...

Kit Cost Calculation
Well I'm back at it, trying to figure the best way to handle my used bikes w/ parts & labor attached. I decided at my last post that it would be best to treat them as kits & not assemblies. Thank you Glenn! Now I discover that total added item costs do not appear for the completed kit item. I have recently installed hot updates and see that kb885147 may be a fix for our prob. I see my "about" screen shows I have v.1.2.0170, which I think means that this fix should be installed. What am I missing? I need a total of all costs for kit items, as they vary for all re...

Grammar kit
I have purchased Office 2004 and i now downloaded the Swedish Grammar kit. When trying to install I get a warning telling me that I do not have the correct version of Office installed. I tried to get in contact with Microsoft but the main helpdesk tells me that my product ID is incorrect. I'm frustrated. Does anyone have a hint? Leif Where did you download the Swedish grammar kit from? (what Swedish grammar kit? there's a Swedish grammar kit?) It looks on my installation of 2004 as though Swedish grammar is built in--there are Swedish proofing tools for both grammar and spelling...

Kits and Kit Components and SQL Tables
In the past few weeks I have been working on pulling data into an Excel Workbook from various GP Dynamics tables. The purpose of this workbook is to compile data to be used in a cash flow analysis. I have posted several questions on here and responders have been very helpful in answering my questions. I have a new one that hopefully someone can answer... I am pulling in sales line item data from tables SOP30300, SOP030200 as well as IV00101 (for item type). I am using IV00101 because some of our sales include items set up with an item type of "service" so the costs that ar...

how to retrieve the kit members of a Kit product ?
Hi folks, Can somebody help me with this ? Its realy unbelievable how poor the documentation is about CRM. I like to have all associated products that has been associated with a kit-product. There is a table "productacssociation", but that is'nt an entity in CRM so its not possible to retrieve these records. I have tried it with an Sqlconnection but these are not trusted on the crm-sql? Ive tried a lot of querys but no success. Does somebody has an hint or maybe a solution for me, i realy would appriciate. Thanks in advance, Ruud van Duyn I could be wrong, but I don't ...

starter Kit
I have a bundle called a started kit that is composed of about 10 skus. Rather than have to re-type in all the 10 skus every time, I am wonder is there a macro or kit that I could call that would have all the items listed etc. I was thinking about doing a work order, but every time I have to close it out... Any ideas? Thanks brent MSPOS or MSRMS? in RMS that is the definition of an Assembly Item, although a Kit Item is very similar - check the online help for a comparison. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ----------------------------...

KITS
We want to build kits on the pos screen in one area and pick the items, assemble, and ship the completed kit in another part of the building.Where on the managers screen can the assembly area look to see,AND PRINT,the kits that are to be built. Also,can the receipt be formatted to show components listed by item looup code ? billr No the receipt is unable to include the ItemLookCode for Kits. The only way I can think of is to use a Custom Sales Report that groups the items by Transaction Number then by Kit Components. Rob "billr3" wrote: > We want to build kits on the po...

Kit Item as a component of another Kit Item
Would like the ability to have a Kit Item be a component of another Kit Item. ...

Print contents in a kit
Can you print the list of products that make up a kit? I've searched help and no luck on that.. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_03E5_01C6E179.B38C5A10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable IS Guy, Item Quantity List Grouped by Kit Code http://tinyurl.com/42qqo Must have access to CustomerSource --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader = to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using...

Kit: cost base for pricing coming from components not kit item.
Hello, I=92ve created a kit item from several component items. I then set a standard cost and current cost on the kit =96 different from the sum of the cost of the component items. In the pricing screen I selected a pricing method, entered a percentage and the resultant selling price showed the correct calculation based on the percentage markup and cost I set for the kit item. However in SOP on an order the selling price uses the correct markup percentage but the cost is based on the sum of the component items not the cost set for the kit. GPv10 no SPs installed. Is this a known bug? j ...

media kit
Does anyone know what is included in a Publisher media kit? I can find pricing everywhere, but little information about what this kit actually allows you to do. Is it a trial version? Thanks! Allyson Thanks, Ed! I appreciate your help! "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message news:uzw7#QycEHA.3620@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from > Allyson <allyson@cstoneinfo.com>!"... > > Does anyone know what is included in a Publisher media kit? I can find > > pricing everywhere, but li...

Building Kits #2
Just wondering if there is some way to automatically build kits or some way to do a report on what items you have available quantity to build kits for. My question basically is, once you have built a kit and then sell all of the kits you have built. How do you create more kits once you get the correct items back in stock? The only way I can see to do it is just going back into the kits properties and click build again. This works ok, but when we get a semi freighting in 1 company that we have built over 30 kits for. It gets tiring going through all of these kits to click build. A little...

Kit quantity decimals
Hi, I would like to be able to set the quantity decimals of a kit. GP seems to force the quantity decimals of a kit to zero, although I can't find this documented anywhere, and in fact there was an answer in this newsgroup back in Feb that said I should be able to do it. Once of my clients sells chemicals by the pound, and there's nothing unusual for an order for say 12.5 pounds. One product line is Epoxy glues, and as everybody knows Epoxy is actually shipped as a bottle of resin and a bottle of hardener, so I want to define a kit that's 50% resin and 50% hardener. If I...

Kit Products
I don't understand how these work. We sell bundled services and although I can set them up in the CRM, how do the services you add to your kit product show on your opportunity or order? -- Nikki The kit almost act like any other product record - it won't break into its various components "line item products" automatically via out of box. It does give you the logical tracking of other product "bundle" behind the scene. Not much intelligence beside that. Some things to consider: 1. Does this integrate with ERP, like Great Plains - the integration does impa...

Kits on Layaway
Some of our stores have put kitted items on layaway for the first time. If the items sell, the inventory from the component items is relieved (as one would expect), but if they go on layaway, the component items are not showing as "committed," but the kit item is. I expected that to be the other way around. Does anyone understand the logic behind that? The whole concept of "committed" is so that you know you need to order when stock gets low --- this way you don't see it. Has anyone else had a kitted item on layaway? I feel your pain. We had major inventory ...

KIt
I have a client and he is in Uniform business useing RMS 2.0. We need to mak eKit and some of the items are using Matrix for Size and color. We have some following questions. 1. How we can assign in Kit? 2. We need to show all the items in receipt too. Please let me know how we can do it. Thanks Chirag Thakkar 732 548-6300 NetLink Consulting, Inc. ...

Using the kit function
We would like to create some kits using our inventory on hand. How would we create them and have the individual items depleted from stock and go to these kits. We need to be able to know when to order more items to create the kits when they are getting low. Go to Database -> Items -> New Item -> Standard then change item type to Kit, then click on Kit tab and add the items you need, it will be depleted from inventory. Click on attributes and set the re-order point and re-stock level for the items, create a purchase order weekly or daily and select re-order point method to cr...

Kit or Assembly
I want to be able to create a kit or assembly, using a Matrix Item Lookup Number. I sell bowling equipment and the kit to contain the Matrix of one particule ball with the various weights, shoes with various sizes and different bags for one price. When trying to do this, I have to select one from each category. This would create alot of Item Lookup Numbers if I have to do one for each. Suggestions? I have a similar problem with mattresses and mattress sets. A dozen different models, each with at least seven different sizes and either sold separately or as sets with a box spring--w...

Factory-Reconditioned Skil 2887-10-RT 18-Volt 2-Tool Cordless Combo Kit
Price:$129.00 Image: http:///image.php?id=B001SNZ6WA Best deal: http:///index.php?id=B001SNZ6WA Includes 18 Volt Cordless 2-Speed 3/8" Drill/Driver - 2887-RT, Cordless Flashlight - 2890, (2) Batteries, 1-Hour Quick Charger, Storage Case ...

Suppresing kit componets from printing
We deselect kit componets from printing on our forms, pick ticket, and packing slip but they still show up. We are using forms generator with Crystal v10. Any suggestions, has anyone come accross this one? ...

Kit Quantity Decimals
Would like the ability to set quantity decimals for kits. -- Christopher L. Mast, MBA Echelbarger, Himebaugh, Tamm & Co., P.C. 5136 Cascade Rd., S.E., Ste. 2A Grand Rapids, MI 49546-3728 phone 616.575.3482 fax 616.575.3481 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the messag...

Building Kits
I am having trouble using the build kits tab. I went through and made sure all the components were available to build the kits. I click the build tab and the program prompts that there is enough inventory to build 2 kits. I enter 2 and then hit the build tab and then ok. When I go to the properties screen the inventory qty is still 0. I copied the kit and gave it another name and did the same process and was able to build the kits the first and only time. Any suggestions? known bug, apply the latest hotfix and you will be good to go. "akpetshop" <akpetshop@discussions.mic...