Kit or Assembly

I want to be able to create a kit or assembly, using a Matrix Item Lookup
Number.  I sell bowling equipment and the kit to contain the Matrix of one
particule ball with the various weights, shoes with various sizes and
different bags for one price.  When trying to do this, I have to select one
from each category.  This would create alot of Item Lookup Numbers if I have
to do one for each.

Suggestions?
0
BillFry (61)
3/28/2006 11:56:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I have a similar problem with mattresses and mattress sets.  A dozen
different models, each with at least seven different sizes and either sold
separately or as sets with a box spring--which offers even more choices.

The number of ILCs required is insane and there is no good workaround,
especially since you can't print price tags for assembly items.

Assembly is the way to go.  Kits will take the components out of the item
inventory and need to be broken in order to sell the individual pieces.  I
assume that you do not stock a bag for every ball.  I know that I don't stock
a box spring for every mattress.

Until MS fixes the Assembly Price Tag Issue, you can limp along like this:
Create a separate database with the same ILCs as your assemblies.  Use the
same pricing and descriptions.  You can print price tags from this database.

Oh, and search this group to find a thread where you can vote for 'Print
Price Tags for Assemblies'.

HTH,
Tom
--
The worst words in business:
"We''ve always done it that way"

"Bill Fry" wrote:

> I want to be able to create a kit or assembly, using a Matrix Item Lookup
> Number.  I sell bowling equipment and the kit to contain the Matrix of one
> particule ball with the various weights, shoes with various sizes and
> different bags for one price.  When trying to do this, I have to select one
> from each category.  This would create alot of Item Lookup Numbers if I have
> to do one for each.
>
> Suggestions?
0
tomg1 (230)

Inventory Assembly Entry-Automatically picks lot number
When ever you enter an assembly entry document, dynamics automaticallly picks lot numbers of inventory available. Is there anyway to stop Dynamics from automatically pick lot numbers? The problem comes when we release a document with a large quantity, and it picks lot numbers one at a time. This can take a long time and we end up removing most of the lot numbers anyway. thanks -- Doug ...

Is there a setup to create a PO for Item kit and have them received as Kit also?
we understand that creating of PO for kit item is not allowed but is there a setup or way to make it possible? thanks in advance for the help. There is no way to purchase an item flagged in Inventory as a kit item because kits are used for selling multiple components as a single item. Are you wanting to somehow create a PO for all the component items in a kit? You're heading towards a manufacturing order solution. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Stephen Lee Gloria" wrote: > we understand that creating of PO for kit item is not allowed but is > there a setup or way to mak...

SKU in as kit but are not kits
I have a client that has SKU's in as kits but are not kits, now to I change it. Thanks, Scott ...

CREDIT REPAIR KIT
Order your Credit Repair Kit at: http://creditfixzone.com/ Before you spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on a credit repair service, we recommend you try our Credit Repair Kit first. The information provided in this kit are the same techniques used by professionals. You will be surprised how easy it is to repair your credit yourself. With a little time and patience you will be able to achieve the same results that you would normally pay thousands for a professional to do. Credit repair is not magic. Many companies out there will bilk you out of your hard earned money, only to use ...

Exchange 2003 resource kit VERY URGENT
Hi, From where do i download Exchange resource kit? I am dying to download from past 3 days but in vain.. do i need to purchase it? What exactly are you looking for? Is there a specific tool that you need? You can get all of the Exchange tools on Microsoft's FTP site. ftp.microsoft.com/pss/tools/exchange support tools They used to have a download on the main download website that was a "all tools" zip file, but I can't find it any more. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Overview-Exchange-2003-Resource-Kit.html provides some help as to what each tool does. -- Ben...

Kit Cost Calculation
Well I'm back at it, trying to figure the best way to handle my used bikes w/ parts & labor attached. I decided at my last post that it would be best to treat them as kits & not assemblies. Thank you Glenn! Now I discover that total added item costs do not appear for the completed kit item. I have recently installed hot updates and see that kb885147 may be a fix for our prob. I see my "about" screen shows I have v.1.2.0170, which I think means that this fix should be installed. What am I missing? I need a total of all costs for kit items, as they vary for all re...

Adding a Local Assembly Reference
I've decided to place some of my commonly used routines into a common library. So I created a separate project and added a reference to that project from projects that use it. This works fine except that it appears I have to reference the compiled DLL. But I would like to reference the DLL in the debug folder when I'm doing a debug build, and reference the DLL in the release folder when I'm doing a release build. How would you approach that? Thanks. Jonathan "Jonathan Wood" <jwood@softcircuits.com> wrote in message news:uwO$nhA2KHA.5...

Grammar kit
I have purchased Office 2004 and i now downloaded the Swedish Grammar kit. When trying to install I get a warning telling me that I do not have the correct version of Office installed. I tried to get in contact with Microsoft but the main helpdesk tells me that my product ID is incorrect. I'm frustrated. Does anyone have a hint? Leif Where did you download the Swedish grammar kit from? (what Swedish grammar kit? there's a Swedish grammar kit?) It looks on my installation of 2004 as though Swedish grammar is built in--there are Swedish proofing tools for both grammar and spelling...

Kits and Kit Components and SQL Tables
In the past few weeks I have been working on pulling data into an Excel Workbook from various GP Dynamics tables. The purpose of this workbook is to compile data to be used in a cash flow analysis. I have posted several questions on here and responders have been very helpful in answering my questions. I have a new one that hopefully someone can answer... I am pulling in sales line item data from tables SOP30300, SOP030200 as well as IV00101 (for item type). I am using IV00101 because some of our sales include items set up with an item type of "service" so the costs that ar...

how to retrieve the kit members of a Kit product ?
Hi folks, Can somebody help me with this ? Its realy unbelievable how poor the documentation is about CRM. I like to have all associated products that has been associated with a kit-product. There is a table "productacssociation", but that is'nt an entity in CRM so its not possible to retrieve these records. I have tried it with an Sqlconnection but these are not trusted on the crm-sql? Ive tried a lot of querys but no success. Does somebody has an hint or maybe a solution for me, i realy would appriciate. Thanks in advance, Ruud van Duyn I could be wrong, but I don't ...

.NET assembly registered as COM obj (events)
Has anyone tried to use a .NET class containing events (delegates) and used them within Dexterity? In the Class Browser, I see my event methods of "add_myevent", "remove_myevent" but they take a parameter of type delegate. How do I accomplish this in Dexterity? Thanks for any help. Bryce Dooley ...

starter Kit
I have a bundle called a started kit that is composed of about 10 skus. Rather than have to re-type in all the 10 skus every time, I am wonder is there a macro or kit that I could call that would have all the items listed etc. I was thinking about doing a work order, but every time I have to close it out... Any ideas? Thanks brent MSPOS or MSRMS? in RMS that is the definition of an Assembly Item, although a Kit Item is very similar - check the online help for a comparison. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ----------------------------...

KITS
We want to build kits on the pos screen in one area and pick the items, assemble, and ship the completed kit in another part of the building.Where on the managers screen can the assembly area look to see,AND PRINT,the kits that are to be built. Also,can the receipt be formatted to show components listed by item looup code ? billr No the receipt is unable to include the ItemLookCode for Kits. The only way I can think of is to use a Custom Sales Report that groups the items by Transaction Number then by Kit Components. Rob "billr3" wrote: > We want to build kits on the po...

Kit Item as a component of another Kit Item
Would like the ability to have a Kit Item be a component of another Kit Item. ...

Print contents in a kit
Can you print the list of products that make up a kit? I've searched help and no luck on that.. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_03E5_01C6E179.B38C5A10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable IS Guy, Item Quantity List Grouped by Kit Code http://tinyurl.com/42qqo Must have access to CustomerSource --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader = to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using...

trying to build the autosend assembly
The code: using Autosend.CrmSdk; namespace Autosend { public class Class1 { public Class1(); public void SendEmail(Guid campaignActivityID) { CrmService service = new CrmService(); service.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; service.CallerIdValue = new CallerId(); // Replace the GUID with the GUID of your Microsoft CRM Administrator. service.CallerIdValue.CallerGuid = new Guid("534B903F-387D-4A98-B03F-6D51D6795C52"); SendEmailRequest req = new SendEmailRequest(); req.EmailId = campaignActivityID; req.TrackingT...

Kit: cost base for pricing coming from components not kit item.
Hello, I=92ve created a kit item from several component items. I then set a standard cost and current cost on the kit =96 different from the sum of the cost of the component items. In the pricing screen I selected a pricing method, entered a percentage and the resultant selling price showed the correct calculation based on the percentage markup and cost I set for the kit item. However in SOP on an order the selling price uses the correct markup percentage but the cost is based on the sum of the component items not the cost set for the kit. GPv10 no SPs installed. Is this a known bug? j ...

Matrix Items in Assemblies
I run a bowling pro shop. I want to put assemblies together such as Ball, Bag and Shoes. The Balls and Shoes are setup as a Matrix because of the different weights and sizes. When I try to create an Assembly and select the Matrix Item, it wants me to select from with in the list. There will be on my website so I want customer to go into the Assembly part number and select the weight and size. How can this be done? Bill You can't do this in RMS. Assembly items are built using the same data tables as Matrix Items. Basically, there is an ItemClass that represents the Assembly o...

media kit
Does anyone know what is included in a Publisher media kit? I can find pricing everywhere, but little information about what this kit actually allows you to do. Is it a trial version? Thanks! Allyson Thanks, Ed! I appreciate your help! "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message news:uzw7#QycEHA.3620@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from > Allyson <allyson@cstoneinfo.com>!"... > > Does anyone know what is included in a Publisher media kit? I can find > > pricing everywhere, but li...

Building Kits #2
Just wondering if there is some way to automatically build kits or some way to do a report on what items you have available quantity to build kits for. My question basically is, once you have built a kit and then sell all of the kits you have built. How do you create more kits once you get the correct items back in stock? The only way I can see to do it is just going back into the kits properties and click build again. This works ok, but when we get a semi freighting in 1 company that we have built over 30 kits for. It gets tiring going through all of these kits to click build. A little...

Kit quantity decimals
Hi, I would like to be able to set the quantity decimals of a kit. GP seems to force the quantity decimals of a kit to zero, although I can't find this documented anywhere, and in fact there was an answer in this newsgroup back in Feb that said I should be able to do it. Once of my clients sells chemicals by the pound, and there's nothing unusual for an order for say 12.5 pounds. One product line is Epoxy glues, and as everybody knows Epoxy is actually shipped as a bottle of resin and a bottle of hardener, so I want to define a kit that's 50% resin and 50% hardener. If I...

Kit Products
I don't understand how these work. We sell bundled services and although I can set them up in the CRM, how do the services you add to your kit product show on your opportunity or order? -- Nikki The kit almost act like any other product record - it won't break into its various components "line item products" automatically via out of box. It does give you the logical tracking of other product "bundle" behind the scene. Not much intelligence beside that. Some things to consider: 1. Does this integrate with ERP, like Great Plains - the integration does impa...

Kits on Layaway
Some of our stores have put kitted items on layaway for the first time. If the items sell, the inventory from the component items is relieved (as one would expect), but if they go on layaway, the component items are not showing as "committed," but the kit item is. I expected that to be the other way around. Does anyone understand the logic behind that? The whole concept of "committed" is so that you know you need to order when stock gets low --- this way you don't see it. Has anyone else had a kitted item on layaway? I feel your pain. We had major inventory ...

Using XSD stored in assembly resource with includes
I am trying to validate an XML file against an XSD that is stored in the assembly as an embedded resource. I can get it to work as long as the XSD does not include other XSDs. After a fair amount of searching, I have found 3 possible solutions but none have worked for me. They are: 1. Use the Includes property of XmlSchema to add included XSDs, then call Compile XmlSchema mainSchema = XmlSchema.Read( stream1, null ); XmlSchema includeSchema1 = XmlSchema.Read( stream2, null ); XmlSchema includeSchema2 = XmlSchema.Read( stream3, null ); mainSchema.Includes.Add( includeSchema1 ...

KIt
I have a client and he is in Uniform business useing RMS 2.0. We need to mak eKit and some of the items are using Matrix for Size and color. We have some following questions. 1. How we can assign in Kit? 2. We need to show all the items in receipt too. Please let me know how we can do it. Thanks Chirag Thakkar 732 548-6300 NetLink Consulting, Inc. ...