Item reorder number

The "item reorder number" is not a field included in the build of a new item.
 Therefore, there is no item reorder number on a PO for the item.  It is
especially painful when one deals with matrix items.  Is it possible to
include the field "item reorder number" in the new item wizard on the next
upgrade?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=62448862-2a42-47da-a742-c7677a72ae05&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
BillH (8)
3/8/2008 4:11:00 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Bill - if you are using the new item wizard to create your items....in the
last screen you have three options:  1 - create another new item, 2 - edit
item properties and 3 - print labels for item created; select option two by
checkmarking it then cilck finish on the bottom - this creates the item and
allows you to add addl. info to your new item - ie go to suppliers tab to
enter item reorder information.... -
Another option is to create new items thru a new purchase orders, where
there's a "more" button that will take you to the item properties as well -
hope this helps.....

"bill H" wrote:

> The "item reorder number" is not a field included in the build of a new item.
>  Therefore, there is no item reorder number on a PO for the item.  It is
> especially painful when one deals with matrix items.  Is it possible to
> include the field "item reorder number" in the new item wizard on the next
> upgrade?
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=62448862-2a42-47da-a742-c7677a72ae05&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
convoluted (621)
3/8/2008 11:09:01 PM
Convoluted,

Your remedy works well for a "standard" item.  My trouble is with a matrix
item.  The new item wizard does not seem to give the opportunity to edit item
properties after the item is built.  For example: build a matrix item for a
shoe sizes 8-14 with 2 widths  of medium and wide.  Next, enter this shoe
into a purchase order and "order" every size in the matrix.  You now have all
of the required information for your order to the vendor except the supplier
order number (which is absent on the supplier tab of the item). The supplier
order number is absent because it was never "asked for" on the new item
wizard for a matrix item.  The addition of a field "item order number" would
seem to answer this problem.  Adding the item order number after the fact
winds up being an ordeal.  Am I missing an avenue for avoiding this?  Thanks
for your help.

Bill
0
BillH (8)
3/11/2008 2:13:01 AM
Hi Bill - yes, the software has its shortcomings and longgoings...

Maybe this provides a possible workaround.
- Create your matrix item and component items with the new item wizard
- When you're done, the wizard closes, but go to inventory wizard and run
task 140: Change Item Ordering Info.
- In "select items to update", use drop down and select "items from this
filter"
- then click "filter' on the bottom
- build your filter using itemlookupfield "contains" and then type the
matrix lookupcode (this should bring in all the matrix components since their
ILCs should begin with the matrix ILC)
- click next, click finish
- you should see all your matrix components in the list of items to update;
enter their "reorder number" here, using arrow key down on the keyboard or
optionally, if they all share the same "reorder number" use the copy/paste to
all rows feature
- create your PO - the PO should then show the reorder numbers

Hope this helps.....

"bill H" wrote:

> Convoluted,
>
> Your remedy works well for a "standard" item.  My trouble is with a matrix
> item.  The new item wizard does not seem to give the opportunity to edit item
> properties after the item is built.  For example: build a matrix item for a
> shoe sizes 8-14 with 2 widths  of medium and wide.  Next, enter this shoe
> into a purchase order and "order" every size in the matrix.  You now have all
> of the required information for your order to the vendor except the supplier
> order number (which is absent on the supplier tab of the item). The supplier
> order number is absent because it was never "asked for" on the new item
> wizard for a matrix item.  The addition of a field "item order number" would
> seem to answer this problem.  Adding the item order number after the fact
> winds up being an ordeal.  Am I missing an avenue for avoiding this?  Thanks
> for your help.
>
> Bill
0
convoluted (621)

rev level in item inquiry
We need to be able to see the rev level of the part in the item inquiry screen. It would just link to the revision level field in the item engineering data screen. Currently a user with only inquiry access can not see what revision a part is supposed to be. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &...

dictionary->(item, item, item); Can dictionary point to an array in VBA?
Is it possible to have a dictionary object point to an simple array? Can you do something like that in code? Dim oDict as new Scripting.Dictionary oDict.Add "key_value", Array("foo", "bar") Tim "cate" <catebekensail@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9f4b847e-eba7-487c-ac86-749d217dcc7e@b30g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to have a dictionary object point to an simple array? > > Can you do something like that in code? ...

Number Formatting Dollars to Cents
I have a list with a column containing what are supposed to be dollar amounts but for whatever reason came to us with numbers like this: +000000040 +000000560 This number is supposed to be 40 cents. If I take out the +sign, Excel automatically changes it to 40, or $40. How can I move the decimal so that it becomes $.40? And in the second example, $5.60 rather than $560.? All help is greatly appreciated! Vickie Hi Vickie! Your numbers appear to be text. Put 100 in an empty cell Copy Select the text numbers Edit > Paste special > Divide > OK Format as currency -- Regards Norman Ha...

Listbox Delete multiple items
Hello. I'm trying to create a vba routine to delete items from a listbox. This is a multiselect listbox and what is happening is that i select several items and the code only removes the first item. When the first item is deleted, all of the other selected items became unselected. I post the code i'm using bellow. Can anyone give me a hint on this issue? Thanks, Luis Private Sub RemoveItem_btn_Click() If Listbox_1.ListIndex = -1 Then Exit Sub For i = Listbox_1.ListCount - 1 To 0 Step -1 If Listbox_1.Selected(i) Then Listbox_1.Remove...

Sent Items issue
When i send an email they sit in the outbox instead of going to my sent items folder. The items that are in my sent items folder cannot be moved or deleted as it comes up with an error. Any help would be appreciated. Thank. T On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 06:41:04 -0800, ctdude wrote: > When i send an email they sit in the outbox instead of going to my sent items > folder. The items that are in my sent items folder cannot be moved or deleted > as it comes up with an error. Any help would be appreciated. Thank. What version of Outlook? What sort of mail account(s)? What is the error th...

How to add a 1 to existing column of phone numbers?
Trying to get a 1 to prefix phone numbers in an existing column with thousands of entries. thanks! hi jan, surf to www.asap-utilities.com and download the wonderful free utility featured there. your problem will be answered with this utility yves "Jan" wrote: > Trying to get a 1 to prefix phone numbers in an existing column with > thousands of entries. > > thanks! > What exactly do you presently have in the list now? If, for example, you had: (213) 123-4567 You could use "Edit & Replace", where you "Find" " ( " (no ...

Item
Item needs to have more customer fields. Some countries require both an Inc and Ex Cost of each item. Ib Ivan, What are Inc and Ex costs and are you asking for more custom fields or do you really mean customer fields? -- * "Ivan Brebner" <ibrebner@premiumretail.com.au> wrote in message news:Oo9hLB4%23FHA.2524@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... Item needs to have more customer fields. Some countries require both an Inc and Ex Cost of each item. Ib In places like Australia retailers prefer to see the cost of an item including tax as well as Excluding. So that quoting ite...

Three items, column and line chart
I have data for the quarter that looks like this: PRODUCT LINE Jan Forecast Jan Actual Jan % of Fcst PERSONALIZED IMPACTCARDS 2,921,347 2,017,000 69% I would like a bar chart to show (in bars) the forecast and actual, and a secondary axes as the %. Is this possible? I've done a chart with Forecast and % forecast, but really need the actual bar. TIA, Carole O Hi Carole - Easier than you might think. Make a column chart using all three series of data. Select the % series, then choose Chart Type from the Chart menu, and select Line. Then double click on this line, ...

Lost license number
I recently had to do a complete recovery on my system and now when I try to open Office, it's asking for my license number, which I no longer have. I did however register with Microsoft when I originally installed this. Is there a way to recover this number without having to buy a newer version of Office? Currently I have Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003, which included Outlook. I am noticing that the newer version doesn't have Outlook, but I have old emails I need to recover. Can anyone help me? Mary Ann Short answer is is no In order to obtain a copy of ...

item created date for copied items
We create 2 new product catalogs every year with hundreds of new items. To make data entry easier for our users, we use the Copy function. Unfortunately, the Created Date is not updated for the NEW item (it uses the copied item's created date). Also, this NEW item is not listed in Activity Tracking. It would be great if Created Date was the actual create date, even if the NEW item was copied off an old item. It is important for us to run reports off Created Date. It is also important for us to see who created the NEW item in case there are data entry errors. Thank you. -----...

VARYING number of sheets in EXCEL
In Excel how can I sum the same cell on a VARYING number of sheets with different names ? Is there a wildcard function or sum the same cell from ALL worksheets function ? Hi Darrin the formula =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet5!A1) will sum cell A1 on Sheet 1 and Sheet 5 and any sheet between the two (in tab order) often what people do is put a blank sheet before and after the sheets they want to sum - generally called something like "first" & "last" and then use a formula like =SUM(first:last!A5) this means that more sheets can be added between these two without formulas hav...

Restock Level and Reorder Point
Hi All, I have a query regarding Restock level and Reorder point. In the microsoft documentation for version 1.3 it says that Restocking info. is centrally maintained data and as such, the stores can then use Store operations to override the data as nescessary. HOWEVER, We (microsoft) do not recommend that the stores override this data because the headoffice will not know these changes have occurred. In the version 2.0 documentation, It states that reorder point and restock level is locally originated data which is information that is maintained by each store. It can be uploaded to Headquar...

Hiding a column of hyperlinks behind a column of numbers
I have two adjacent columns in Excel 2007: one with numbers, one with hyperlinks. I wish to "place" the column of hyperlinks behind the column of numbers, so if one clicks on the "number" the hyperlink will open. I know how to do this to each individual cell one at a time, but the columns have a couple thousand numbers and hyperlinks. Is there a way I can combine or merge the columns all at once to do what I want? Thank you for any response. Are your hyperlinks the result of the =HYPERLINK() function or are they Inserted hyperlinks?? -- Gary''s Stud...

copy item cost to supplier cost field
I have customer that has an item cost in each item, but has no cost in supplier tab. Is there a sql statement that will copy the item cost into the supplier cost field? Thanks for the help Dave here it is ************************** UPDATE Supplierlist set SupplierList.Cost=Item.Cost FROM Item WHERE Item.ID=SupplierList.ItemID --AND Item.SupplierID=SupplierList.SupplierID ************************** if u execute it as it is, it will update the cost for primary suppliers only, if u remove the comment (--) from the last line, it will update the cost for all the item's suppliers (primary &...

Select text before numbers within a cell
I have some text that I am trying to convert into a spreadsheet. It is formated like this A1 B1 ### Description ### Description I need to separate it so that the data starts with the numbers in individual cells A1 B1 ### Description ### Description Is there a way to select all the text before the numbers and put it in a separate cell? On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 01:45:56 -0000, stewart <smccallister@gmail.com> wrote: >I have some text that I am trying to convert into a spreadsheet. It >is formated like this &g...

item picture
Is there a way to get an items picture on a report? I use the item price list report and export it to HTML to get my items on my web page. This works fine, however I would like to include the items picture also but I don't see that as a field to include on the report. Is anyone doing this or know of a way to do this? Thanks, Craig You could add the Item.PictureName field to the report. Search the newsgroup and you should find several recent examples of adding a column to a report. This isn't going to be much help though as this is only going to include the Filename of the ...

Other Items Bought with a particular item
Hi all- Extensive heavy-duty user of RMS and regular custom-creator of reports, but can't seem to find a way to manage this one. I have item XYZ and I've identified it as not a highly profitable item, but possibly an item that my customers purchase alongside other higher margin products. The item has hundreds of movements in the Movement History report. How can I run a report to show either: a.) The total sales ticket value of all transactions which include XYZ item. -or- b.) A list of other items (along with cost and sold price) which were purchased over a set period along ...

Format Credit Card Number on Receipt
I am trying to format the credit card number on my receipts to place a space or a dash between the four digit groups. Are there any vbScript or XML functions that can be placed into the receipt template to format with? THanks Jamie ...

if all items in listbox are the same
access 2003 On form f018ContrPerf is have a listbox called lstUnitType(multiselect=none). How can I determine if all items in listbox are the same? ie all ST or all IT... If they are the same then Me.f018ContrPerfDetails.Form.optHP.Visible = True Me.f018ContrPerfDetails.Form.FrameElem_Label.Visible = True -- deb On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:38:01 -0700, deb <deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >access 2003 > >On form f018ContrPerf is have a listbox called lstUnitType(multiselect=none). > >How can I determine if all items in listbox are the same? ...

Converting numbers to date format from csv files
I have data submitted as csv files which i have saved as excel spreadsheets. Problem is the dates in the csv file are 20020105 etc, I need to convert these to date format in order for me to calculate between sets of dates. All I get is ###### (it's not a case of the column being too short). Tearing my hair out Hi Select the column and use Data / Text to Columns. One of the dialog box steps allows you to tell Excel that the value is a date - and how it is laid out. I think it's the third box in and it says something like Column Data Format in the top right corner. -- Andy. &q...

Items not in sent items folder
I am running Outlook 2000 and when trying to email directly from Word using File --> Send --> as Attachment, the email goes through, but does not show up in my Sent Items folder. I checked the box in Options to save messages in sent items. Any ideas? ...

Item Serial Numbers for Matrixed Items
Hello all: I have a question regarding serial numbers for matrixed items. I would like to set up an item, and then include a matrix for size, color, length, and still maintain invenotry on each color/sytle combination, and have a serial number for each item. Can anyone provide details as to how to best accomplish this. Thanks Victor Example: Style:FANA01 this comes in: Red, Green, Yellow and each color has small, med, large. Each item has a serial number. Create the item using the New Item Wizard as a matrix item. At the end of the wizard select "Edit this item" On t...

Set policies for items archivation on Exchange
Hi, it's posibble to set policies for AutoArchive? Eg. where to save old items from outlook, which folders should be archived and the age of items? Or should can it be done using GPO? Thanks, Jozef Izso. On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 02:53:02 -0800, Jozef Izso <jozef.izso@nospam.postalias> wrote: >Hi, > >it's posibble to set policies for AutoArchive? Eg. where to save old items >from outlook, which folders should be archived and the age of items? > >Or should can it be done using GPO? Yes, I believe you can set this with the outlook adm using a GPO. > > &g...

Identify missing numbers
I have a table that uses a text field to store receipt numbers. Currently I use VAL to sort the numbers numerically. Is there a way to identify which numbers are missing out of the sequence? For instance if my receipts start at 1 and go through 10,000, but receipts 900 through 987 are missing, can I get a query to show me that? Thanks! Tara By "missing" I asssume you mean "should be in a list but is not"... One way to do this is to have a list of what numbers SHOULD be listed, then use the query wizard to construct an "unmatched" query betw...

Embedded Barcode Items Receiving
Is there any way to do a physical inventory or receiving in Store Ops on embedded coded items? When scanning into either of the above, since it is reading the whole barcode - says item does not exist. Does anyone out there do this or have a suggestion of how to accomplish? ...