Item Price history on POS screen

Is it possible to see the price of an item in the POS screen sold to that
customer previously or by a custom program button the item selected in the
cell or grid shows what we have charged this customer before by showing the
item name dates, and prices paid.
Some clients ask for bargain and we have to tell them that you have paid so
and so at so and so date etc.

Thanks for the help

0
SABaker (17)
9/12/2005 5:42:07 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Look at Purchase History in the Customer Properties.  All of that
information is available, but is not searchable...  You could also get this
information from a report, but that would only be within manager.

You could display this information through an add-in.

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"SA Baker" <SABaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to see the price of an item in the POS screen sold to that
> customer previously or by a custom program button the item selected in the
> cell or grid shows what we have charged this customer before by showing
> the
> item name dates, and prices paid.
> Some clients ask for bargain and we have to tell them that you have paid
> so
> and so at so and so date etc.
>
> Thanks for the help

0
glenn1806 (721)
9/12/2005 5:55:46 PM
Thanks Glenn for such a quick reply,

The customer purchase history may have hundreds of items and will take quite
a bit of time to find that particular item and this search needs to be done
on POS screen. As you mentioned display a report thru add-in, how to first
create a report that  search ILC for this customer and then call thru add-in,
is this some custom report and add-in we have to buy or it could be done with
ease. Your help and opinion is highly appreciated.

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> Look at Purchase History in the Customer Properties.  All of that
> information is available, but is not searchable...  You could also get this
> information from a report, but that would only be within manager.
>
> You could display this information through an add-in.
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "SA Baker" <SABaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to see the price of an item in the POS screen sold to that
> > customer previously or by a custom program button the item selected in the
> > cell or grid shows what we have charged this customer before by showing
> > the
> > item name dates, and prices paid.
> > Some clients ask for bargain and we have to tell them that you have paid
> > so
> > and so at so and so date etc.
> >
> > Thanks for the help

0
SABaker (17)

Items to be deleted
Hi All, I have HQ and 10 stores. We also have the common scenario of wanting to delete items to keep the database clean and small(ish). For example commonly our database has 20000 items in it with 2004, 2005, 2006 and now 2007 stock items. We really have no need to keep 2003, 2004, 2005 items in it. I want to delete them from the HQ and Store databases. What should I consider? How would I do it and at both store/HQ level, remove old journals, transactions, PO's, etc.... We keep extensive true database backups at store and HQ that are totally restoreable onto my test DB server in ca...

IM SQL Opt: Item already exists in collectoin
hi all, I'm using Integration Manager 7.05.033 w/ SQL Opt 7.5 to import receivings transactions into Great Plains. I keep getting the error "Item already exists in collection". Source=TTGDS.Keys.1. Some documents go in and some don't. I am able to delete the receivings document and reimport, but I still get the same error on some receivings documents on but not on others. Any ideas? Thanks. - Jeff ...

XP Home Edt. Does Not Reload
Thank you All in advance for your responds. My laptop was working fine and then it froze. I couldnt restart it on my desktop since it was frozen so I turned it off from the on/off button and then turned it on again. I saw the windows logo showing on my screen while loading just like normal, however, my desktop never reloaded. Now, It appears a blank black screen after the reloading process. I cannot access to anything. I push the F8 button to access the "advanced options menu" during the restart. I tried safe mode, Last Known Good Configuration, Start Windows Normal...

Item Cost Issue causing headache's
Here's the lowdown and I believe the same is true for our previous version of GP as well. On GP8 we have generic item numbers that are at 0.00 cost. When these items are used on a Drop Ship Sales order the cost and price is inserted by a Sales Rep. and then it's purchased (sent to PO). The PO retains the cost and price. When it's time to transfer the order to an invoice it still retains the cost of the item that we have entered, but when it comes time to post the invoice the cost it thrown back to 0.00 pulling from the item card. Because my report pulls from history ...

Settings screen for Queues is blank (v3.0)
I am within "Settings | Business Unit Settings | Queues". I want to add a new queue. The blue title bar at the top of the page says "Queues" but everything beneath it is blank (white). Shouldn't there be fields and controls to allow me to create a queue? I have SysAdmin authority, so security is not the issue. Please advise. Thanks. You should get a std CRM grid once you go to that page. Try refreshing your browser and going bage in there. Sometimes the pages load very slow the first time you try to access them -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "K...

Mouse freezes and screen corrupted
Recently I have had a problem every 2 or 3 days where the mouse suddenly freezes and 2 or 3 seconds later the screen image gets corrupted and shows lots of coloured horizontal lines. Recovery is only possible by rebooting but I can access the computer over my network (read drives, open files etc) so Windows is still running. What are the likely causes of this? I am pretty sure it is not a virus (I am protected and have run tests) or RAM (I ran Memtest). XP is fully up to date. Have you: Updated your hardware device drivers from each hardware device manufacturer'...

Grouping the scanned item quantity.
On POS screen of RMS 2.0, how can 2 identical items scanned separately display the qty of 2 in a single item, not as 2 separate items. Or if it's easier, the recipt prints out in group is fine too. Thank you in advance for your help. Either way this would require customization. If you are interested please contact me for an estimate. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises 320-230-2288 rsakry@rite.us www.rite.us "FLASH" <FLASH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E0653F8-1A8C-4D02-8E19-1575E9D01D0F@microsoft.co...

Mailbox logons complete history...???
Hi all, I was wondering if there is anywhere in Exchange 2003 a log which has all the logon events that occur in a mailbox store.That could be helpfull trying to see how often do the clients logon to the mailboxes... Is there a way to increase the logons we see on ESM ? Thanks for your time... Nikos If you go to the Server Properties dialog in ESM, choose Diagnostics Logging, and then navigate to MSExchangeIS\Mailbox, you can set the logging level for Logons to Maximum. This will cause all logons to get written to the Windows Event Log file on that Exchange Server. -------------------...

problem deleting items from outlook 2003 search folders
Every time I try and delete an item out of my "unread mail" search folder, I get the following error message: "The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied." I can delete email messages from standard outlook folders, but not search folders. I am NOT connected to an exchange server. I only download email from several pop3 email accounts. Does anyone have any idea why Outlook would be giving me this error message? Thanks. ...

eConnect PM Schema distribution item
Whenever I use eConnect PM distribution on my invoices, I see that the two default distrbution account are always present ; namely Pay on the credit side Purchase on the debit side This is despite the fact I'm explicitly entering in the distribution item of the Schema my own debiting and crediting accounts. so the result is I can see my distributing account along with these two. Kindly advice on how I can ensure via eConnect that the Purchases Invoices distribution list I can only see the distribution accounts I specify in the eConnect XML ...

IMAP
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0090_01C5A71E.EEEFFD50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Accessing Exchange Mailbox via IMAP from Outlook 2003 When we move emails from the PST Files to the Mailbox\Sent, we get the = following fdor some emails Can't move the Items. The Server responded: 'Not enough storage is = available to complete this operation' Storage is not a problem for sure. THis does not happen to all the = emails but rather to some of them. Any ideas please? Tha...

Analytical Acctg should allow reporting on the item description
Analytical Accounting allow you to report on the item number but only shows the item description as a "pop up" message not a reportable field. We invested many hours entering the description into the set up card - we want that description in the reports that we create. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsread...

Can you keep flagged items from being autoarchived?
I would like to be able to let my autoarchive run but for it not to take flagged items to the archive. I keep having to pull them back into the current mail file. Is there something I can set to accomplish this? Hit Alt-Enter while you've got one of these items highlighted then set the option to not AutoArchive the item "dstuart101" <dstuart101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:272808E3-27B8-4E34-9A85-4070E91C5FEB@microsoft.com... >I would like to be able to let my autoarchive run but for it not to take > flagged items to the archive. I keep ha...

A keyword search in OE 2003 says "no items found"
while it is still searching. Unless you know to look at the very small moving search icon, you think that the search is complete when in actuality it may still be searching. The moving search icon should be near the "no items found" or it should says "searching" until the search is complete. This is very confusing for a new user. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, fo...

Dropdown list items and item IDs
Hi I have a query that retrieves some data from Access database (I get ID, ItemName). I then want to use the data (ItemName) as a source for a drop down list. For this I use: Do While Not rsData.EOF ' Load the dropdown with the recordset values. ddCustomers.AddItem rsData.Fields(1).Value rsData.MoveNext Loop The only problem is when I want to use an item from the list to save it back to the database. Because items in the list box are not distinct (unique) I don't know how to identify them. Can I add items to list boxes with they ID's? Or do I have to relay on th...

Specifying a cost based on price ranges
I have a schedule of rates which are fixed for a number of sites and whether the sites are local or further afield. For example Rate for 1-4 sites (local) �500 Rate for 1-4 sites(Distance) �600 Rate for 5-8 sites (local) �900 Rate for 5-8 sites(Distance) �1000 Rate for 9-12 sites (local) �1300 Rate for 9-12 sites(Distance) �1400 Rate for >12 sites (local) �1600 Rate for >12 sites(Distance) �1700 I have a spreadsheet which has each site as a separate row and I want to calculate a cost for each site depending on whether it is part of a group of say 4 or 8 etc. ...

Proper SQL Syntax for Aggregation across a Range of Items?
Consider the following query which works just fine: select sum(ownedunits),sum(startofdayvalue),sum(cellOwnershipPercent),sum(classOwnershipPercent) from acctg_registry where date='1/4/10' and targetaeid=1669 ....the query works just fine for a particular 'targetaeID'. In this case, the targetaeID is 1669. But let's say I want to run this query for every targetaeID. So if there are 100 targetaeIDs in the database, my result set would contain 100 summary rows. How would I do this? You can assume the list of targetaeIDs can be retrieved via the query &...

Budgeted items in Cashflow forecast not showing.
Hi, I have ticked the box under 'customise forecast' to say I want budgeted amounts included in my forecast but it only uses actual bill transactions. For example.. I have rent, car insurance etc as direct debits scheduled every month which it includes in the forecast. But... Food and Fuel I have as an item under my budget as it varies..these are not included. It does not give me a realistic cash flow forecast. Any ideas. Thanks. In UK so we don't get full support here :( Money displays my budgeted amounts just fine as long as the right accounts are selected at the top o...

Need work around for different item cost ???????
I buy the same item from different vender at different prices 1. Example: tomatoes from different farmers 2. Example: Adirondack chairs different manufacture 3. Example: Plants and flowers Please help ??????? Solution #1: All tomatoes & Adirondack chairs are created equal. Retail price consistent regardless of supplier. One ILC for TOMATO or ADIRONDACK. Multiple suppliers for each item. Enter cost from supplier on PO, receive. RMS should average costs for you (for cost options, look at SO Manager Configuration). Solution #2: Farmer Brown's tomatoes are not the same as ...

Report Item, but no transaction
I generate monthly reports to categorize expenses (Monthly Income And Expenses). I have a balance under "Expenses - Unassigned". I double click on it to drill down, but I get a message 'You have no transactions for the item you selected'. What is going on? I've used Money for over two years now, and this is the first time this has ever happened. Thanks In Advance I discovered the problem. An old newsgroup article from 1997 gave me the answer :) I had a split category with some messed up math... the sum of the splits did not equal the total. Thank goodness for Google&...

Additional POS Product key
Help, my Microsoft partner sent me a new Product key for an additional lane in RMS, but failed to send me any instructions on how to install it. I would like to know how to set up the additional lane. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_056E_01C78CFF.E9434EC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Knightsbridge, Interested in why you call him a partner if he doesn't help you install = it. How did the other stations get installed? Read through the help file in SO Administrator or the first 50-...

Create a textbox that displays a list of possible items as we type
Hi All, Is it possible to display a list once user starts typing a word in vba? For eg, I have a userform connected to access database(I can already pull info from access, based on what user inputs in ID field), So Once a user starts typing in a text box, lets say User Name textbox, a list of users is displayed (something like google search, we start writing in the search bar and it suggests us what we might want based on what text we input) SO if I type in "A" in User Name text box, I get all the names starting with "A" such as: Name: [ A.... ] ...

How to link the content of a cell with a related list of items
I have a workbook that I created for tst item analysis. On the main worksheet is used to enter sudent's response for every multiple-choice question. on another worksheet which is the summary, I wrote a formula that allows me to sknow how many students choose choice 1, choice 2, choice 3,choice 4 for a given question. My challenge is to click on that number of student in the cell to display the list of students who chose cjoice 1, 2, 3, or 4. How canI do that please? -- Ti Moy Here's a formulas model to achieve the underlying objectives: http://cjoint.com/?chjHCSWehb ...

Sent Items in the Sent Items Folder
When I check the save sent messages from the inbox in the sent items folder under tools/options/email options it does not always keep my settings. Sometimes this option will not be selected and I have to go and select it again. Why does this happen? ...

Deleted Items Not Deleting
We have a problem on our Exchange Server in that it is keeping a HUGE deleted items section for our users and it never flushes. We had originally used 15 days to store seleted items, but when we saw that it was storing to much info, we cut it to 3 days. When we checked again 4 days later the deleted item size was still the same. We then set it to zero and checked again the next day - same problem. We restart our server every night, and we have run a full defrag on all the message stores. And we still show users with 125K in the mailboxes, but 3.2 Gigs in their deleted items column ...