Item is available on the website

What does checking the "Item is available on the website" box do?

Is there then an export of data that can be done to upload to our website?

Please help as we are just re-doing our website and would ideally like to
use the details from RMS to set up the items on our site.

anyone with experience linking the two, please help.

Chris

0
chris9548 (32)
3/9/2007 2:31:55 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I'm sure you'll get specific RMS functionality responses to your question,
but I can tell you that I spent some time and money on a shopping card
program (called Taber Pro) that use  d this function.  If you checked that
box for items, the Taber software would upload all the pertinent info from
the RMS database to populated the shopping cart.  This included name, price,
description and image, if I recall. So that's one function of that box.

But I can't recommend Taber to you as it is a very rudimentary product that
hasn't had anything done to it's front end in what would seem to be many,
many years.  It looks like something from 1980,if there even was an online
shopping cart back then.
--
WineGuy

"chris allsopp" wrote:

> What does checking the "Item is available on the website" box do?
>
> Is there then an export of data that can be done to upload to our website?
>
> Please help as we are just re-doing our website and would ideally like to
> use the details from RMS to set up the items on our site.
>
> anyone with experience linking the two, please help.
>
> Chris

0
PRJ (86)
3/10/2007 2:26:00 AM
Hi

Check out www.nitrosell.com for an integrated solution or call +1 617
261 8443.

I can guarantee that checking the web enabled option enables products
on to the webstore automatically - they can be synchronized in the
background every hour if you want.  PLUS you can set additional fields
to control web special pricing, promotions, ratings, etc.

Dominic

Hi Chris more options at:

KosmosCentral:
http://www.kosmoscentral.com/ecommerce/rms-integration/

Newestech:
http://www.newestech.com/POS/RMS/Extensions.htm#eCommerce

With New West Technologies Web Integrator you can upload all your
categories and products to the web for the items you have enabled the
box for "Item is available on the website."   The Web Integrator
communicates with our Kosmos Web Service to populate the shopping cart
database and at the same time downloads new orders directly into RMS.

Alex

I'm confused after doing some extensive web research on a NitroSell
and Kosmos. The results have been interesting, but I still don't know
which solution to choose:

 * Kosmos looks a lot slicker, but NitroSell seems to have more street
cred.

* Kosmos does not seem to own anything - they use a third party
shopping chart and a third party "Web integrator". What happens if
either of these solutions cease to exist, or even are upgraded?

* NitroSell seems to be do it all but "seem to be too good to be true"

* Kosmos have a handful of customers - yet their website does not give
any links. Do they actually have any customers? Can anybody give me
some URLs?

* NitroSell claims "over 500 hundred". They have a "showcase" but only
list 20 or 30 reference sites, some of which are pretty cool, but
what's with the 500 figure?

* I found three NitroSell case studies on Microsoft, but none from
Kosmos?

* Kosmos use New West "award winning" web integrator

       (if the New West Integrator is so good, why doesn't New West
sell a webstore solution?)

* NitroSell won an "outstanding WebStore for RMS" award from
Microsoft, but this award is only referenced on the NitroSell site,
not on the MS site. Did NitroSell really win an award?

* Kosmos "sells through" dealers - however there is no indication of
how many.

* NitroSell "seems to have "just under 200 RMS Dealer Resellers". The
only one directly referenced is POSitive (who seem to have won every
award Microsoft ever issued.) Some news items on the NitroSell site do
reference other dealers. Does anyone have any idea how many dealers
NitroSell actually has?

* Kosmos is a "one man band" - the site looks good, but a good web
designer could make it look like this....

* NitroSell is "backed by major international VCs". No details
provided on thier website, but they appear to have a board with some
heavy hitters.

* Kosmos does not seem to attend any Microsoft conferences or partner
events. Are Kosmos recognised by Microsoft?

* NitroSell seems to attend every Microsoft partner event that
Microsoft every runs. My research would indiciate that NitorSell are a
major MS partner, Some senior RMS Dynamics Director (Dickstein?) in
Microssoft seem to publically endorse Microsoft. The MS legal eagles
would not have let this happen without some serious commitment?

* According to these forums "Mickie" tried both solutions, but ended
up choosing NitroSell, yet the relevant discussions make Kosmos appear
a better choice. Why did Mickie choose NitroSell?

* The NitroSell site does not indicate exactly how many offices they
have but web searches seem to indicate three in the US, two in the UK
and one in Ireland (does the internet even exist in Ireland? - isn't
there bombs going off all the time there ?)

* Kosmos indiacte one office on the West Coast and web searching does
not show up any more.

NitroSell "have some amazing technology" - multilingual support,
multiple URL's from one RMS database, extendable product attributes,
multicurrency support, out of the box SEO and market place
integration, mobile commerce support etc etc, I have no doubt they
have all this, based on what third parties are saying, but why is none
of this mentioned on thier website?

Kosmos claim to have an oscommerce solution and if this is true, then
thats the solution I want - ITS FREE! Thing is oscommerce is an open
source solution running on UNIX. Will Microsoft really support having
their POS solution web enabled by a company providing an open source
solutio . This kinda stuff make me really worries me. Kosmos seem to
be doing thier thing without any reference to Microsoft......

Finally, as a retailer what I really need is good support from my RMS
dealer, so when all is said an done I want to know, which solution the
majority of dealers are going with? So RMS dealers please reply to
this post and let us know which one to got with - NitorSell or Kosmos?

CAN WE HAVE SOME CLEAR GUIDANCE HERE? I NEED TO CHOOSE BETWEEN KOSMOS
AND NITROSELL. PLEASE RMS USERS POST YOUR EXPERIENCES!

I NEED TO GO WITH ONE OF THESE SOLUTIONS! I NEED AN ONLINE SOLUTION
TODAY - IF I DON'T MOVE QUICKLY, TOMORROW I MIGHT BE OUT OF BUSINESS!
HELP!

There is just a field in the item table (Item.WebItem) that gets a value
of 1 when the box is checked and a value of 0 when it is not.  That's it...

Now, there are quite a few ecommerce integrations out there that can use
that value to select the items to be uploaded, but that is all handled
by the third party products - as far as RMS is concerned, it's just a
checkbox...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

chris allsopp wrote:
> What does checking the "Item is available on the website" box do?
>
> Is there then an export of data that can be done to upload to our website?
>
> Please help as we are just re-doing our website and would ideally like to
> use the details from RMS to set up the items on our site.
>
> anyone with experience linking the two, please help.
>
> Chris

0
glenn9672 (1267)
3/12/2007 7:11:09 PM
I thought Kosmos used X-Cart, which is an open source cart solution but
different from oscommerce...

You already have an RMS partner, right?  If you are looking for support
from them, why aren't you asking which product they support rather than
opening it up to public debate?  Every partner is going to make
different choices about which e-commerce product to support because, as
you have very thoroughly pointed out, there is no obvious best choice.

I've never used the Kosmos solution.  I *have* used a different solution
that was based on the New West web integrator.  The New West product is
fine; the e-commerce software that we used it with was not.  I'm not a
big fan of the work flow for completing a sale with the New West
Integrator, but it's been at least 2 major versions since we used it and
a lot of that is personal preference anyway.

The New West Web Integrator can be used to connect RMS to ANY e-commerce
product.  Someone has to develop a couple of web services to support the
upload of product information and the download of sales information, but
the Web integrator takes care of all communication with RMS - that's why
Kosmos can connect a LAMP solution to a Microsoft product.  I'm over
simplifying this - there's more to an RMS/e-commerce solution than just
a couple of web services...

We're currently supporting NitroSell.  This is the first solution that
I've been willing to deploy more than once.  The only issue we have with
them is that they have changed their pricing model and it is not exactly
a slam dunk any more.  I don't believe that there is another solution
out there that can compete on ease and speed of deployment or on
features, but the new pricing is a big step up from last year's.  On the
other hand, the new version that accompanied the new pricing was a major
  upgrade in terms of design flexibility, so it may be warranted.

There's no one right answer to this.  Be aware that an RMS integrated
e-commerce solution is not going to be as easy or as fast as you want it
to be.  No matter what platform you choose, the bulk of the work (and
therefore cost) is going to be in designing the site, organizing your
departments & categories, updating your items with consistent 'web
quality' descriptions and taking pictures...

Best of Luck!

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

RMS Retailer wrote:
> [...]
> source solution running on UNIX. Will Microsoft really support having
> their POS solution web enabled by a company providing an open source
> solutio . This kinda stuff make me really worries me. Kosmos seem to
> be doing thier thing without any reference to Microsoft......
>
> Finally, as a retailer what I really need is good support from my RMS
> dealer, so when all is said an done I want to know, which solution the
> majority of dealers are going with? So RMS dealers please reply to
> this post and let us know which one to got with - NitorSell or Kosmos?
>
> CAN WE HAVE SOME CLEAR GUIDANCE HERE? I NEED TO CHOOSE BETWEEN KOSMOS
> AND NITROSELL. PLEASE RMS USERS POST YOUR EXPERIENCES!
>
> I NEED TO GO WITH ONE OF THESE SOLUTIONS! I NEED AN ONLINE SOLUTION
> TODAY - IF I DON'T MOVE QUICKLY, TOMORROW I MIGHT BE OUT OF BUSINESS!

0
glenn9672 (1267)
3/12/2007 7:39:07 PM
On Mar 12, 3:50 am, "RMS Retailer" <RMS.Retai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> source solution running on UNIX. Will Microsoft really support having
> their POS solution web enabled by a company providing an open source
> solutio . This kinda stuff make me really worries me. Kosmos seem to
> be doing thier thing without any reference to Microsoft......
>
> Finally, as a retailer what I really need is good support from my RMS
> dealer, so when all is said an done I want to know, which solution the
> majority of dealers are going with? So RMS dealers please reply to
> this post and let us know which one to got with - NitorSell or Kosmos?
>
> CAN WE HAVE SOME CLEAR GUIDANCE HERE? I NEED TO CHOOSE BETWEEN KOSMOS
> AND NITROSELL. PLEASE RMS USERS POST YOUR EXPERIENCES!
>
> I NEED TO GO WITH ONE OF THESE SOLUTIONS! I NEED AN ONLINE SOLUTION
> TODAY - IF I DON'T MOVE QUICKLY, TOMORROW I MIGHT BE OUT OF BUSINESS!

We only publish a few sites on our case studies...not every customer
is referenced on our show cases. The award is real!  It was provided
to us during the RMS roadshow last year which was geared toward
various add-on solutions for RMS...We were invited to attend and were
provided an award in our area of specialization in appreciation by
Microsoft.  I think the number of resellers we have is around 180...we
get new ones all the time but that's what it was last time I checked.
Most RMS resellers are resellers of ours as well, however not all are.
Obviously we can not provide the names of our VCs for confidentiality
purposes, however I will say that Ireland is a lot different than the
U.S. in this and many other areas.  The Irish government gives
incentives for investing in Irish companies that are expanding
globally. As for the maintenance of our main web site, you are correct
it is in need of an update.  unfortunately or fortunately (depends on
how you view it) most of our resources go into the product...Of course
there is internet in Ireland and a quick review of current events and
history should indicate that the violence you refer to has been over
for more than a decade. We do offer all of the amazing technologies we
refer to and can show them; all you need to do is contact us
directly...We have our main US office in San Diego (formerly it was in
Boston), 2 remote sales offices (one in North Carolina and the other
is Seattle), another one outside of London and the company is
headquartered in Cork, Ireland.  We don't publish the addresses
because we just don't have the need to...we are primarily a we bases
business so anyone that might need our address info can obtain that
too by direct contact.  The old Boston number is our main US number,
and it gets forwarded to NC for the time being.  Give us a ring
617-261-8443 if you want to hear / see more.

Regards,
Todd Jensen (todd.jensen@nitrosell.com)
NitroSell

0
geoff1804 (4)
3/13/2007 7:22:16 PM
Kosmos owns the Web Service piece which is needed to communicate with
the web store and Newestech's Web Integrator.  Without the Kosmos Web
Service there would be no inventory and order updates to download or
upload to RMS.  With our solution you own it 100% and with the proper
hosting LAMP solution and Zend Optimizer could host anywhere you
choose.

We chose X-Cart for our solution because it's support by a major
company and has security/mod upgrades on a monthly basis.  Just check
out the X-Cart Gold feature set here: http://www.x-cart.com/xcart_features.html

Our solution grabs data from the Web Integrator and populates data to
X-Cart an open source software cart via XML.  This allows for
communication between a Windows and Linux server and has nothing to do
with what Microsoft will allow.

I would like to state that Kosmos is a Full Service web development
company located downtown Portland, Oregon.  Our focus is entirely on
the web and not RMS, our staff local and abroad is well over 20 and
not a one man show.  We currently have outgrown our current office and
are in the process of relocated to a larger facility.

We feel that having our fingers in too many cookie jars would only
dilute our effectiveness as a full service web development company,
and that's why we leave all the RMS support to Newestech and our RMS
resellers.  New West Technologies are staffed with experts when it
comes to RMS and that's why they are supporting the Web Integrator,
the communication between the RMS database and uploading it to our
Kosmos Web Service.  We on the other hand are web development experts
that focus on online solutions and all advanced programming associated
with websites and updates to our Web Service.  Just view our website
and portfolio for more information, we've developed intranets,
extranets, corporate branding, logo design, search engine software and
tools http://www.kosmoscentral.com/seo-articles along with extensive
security programming online.  If it can be done online we assure you
our staff can accomplish it.

Here is a portfolio of clients http://www.kosmoscentral.com/portfolio/
just review the comments on the left to see which ones have RMS
integration.

You don't have to go through a dealer and can contact sales directly
too:
http://www.kosmoscentral.com/contact/

Thanks for your reply's

Alex

As a retailer I also don't know which one to choose.  I have read
through the forum and it seems like the people who post for nitrosell
and kosmos are constantly bickering.  It's really funny.

It seems nitrosell is the best product.  The only thing you have to be
concerned about is their pricing.  It is SKY HIGH. I think it's over
300 a month. Don't forget that if you go over a "X" amount of
bandwidth you will be paying more.  Also keep in mind that you never
own the product.  They can raise the rent (like a landlord) and you
have no say. I see more resellers supporting nitrosell now.  My guess
is for two reasons...the product is better and more importantly the
RMS reseller incentive is better.

Kosmos central does not seem as well integrated and it seems the setup
will be more complicated. The beauty with this product is that it is
yours and you own it 100%!!  Which means you can customize as you like
and host where you like.  You can have kosmos host for you at half the
price of nitrosell or you can host it yourself (depending on how much
you sell).

RMSretail, you have to decide if nitrosell's 5th ave rent is worth it.
I say NO. If you have the patience and the know how, own your building
and you can do what you want.

0
willl0w (1)
3/19/2007 6:10:36 AM
Guess that depends on if you have a full-time IT department.  When you
OWN it, you OWN it.....if you know what I mean.

There is a constant battle between having all control and being limited
in what you can do with your website. All control may mean more time
spent working through issues and coding/installing/updating..say if you
buy KOSMOS (or other) and have it installed on another ISP or your own
server.

Having a subscription means installing small apps locally and then
having it just work remotely.....no worries.

It's working OK for us and I'm kinda a control freak.

Even Microsoft is requiring subscriptions these days---and you DON'T OWN IT.

willl0w@yahoo.com wrote:
> As a retailer I also don't know which one to choose.  I have read
> through the forum and it seems like the people who post for nitrosell
> and kosmos are constantly bickering.  It's really funny.
>
> It seems nitrosell is the best product.  The only thing you have to be
> concerned about is their pricing.  It is SKY HIGH. I think it's over
> 300 a month. Don't forget that if you go over a "X" amount of
> bandwidth you will be paying more.  Also keep in mind that you never
> own the product.  They can raise the rent (like a landlord) and you
> have no say. I see more resellers supporting nitrosell now.  My guess
> is for two reasons...the product is better and more importantly the
> RMS reseller incentive is better.
>
> Kosmos central does not seem as well integrated and it seems the setup
> will be more complicated. The beauty with this product is that it is
> yours and you own it 100%!!  Which means you can customize as you like
> and host where you like.  You can have kosmos host for you at half the
> price of nitrosell or you can host it yourself (depending on how much
> you sell).
>
> RMSretail, you have to decide if nitrosell's 5th ave rent is worth it.
> I say NO. If you have the patience and the know how, own your building
> and you can do what you want.

0
mickie3724 (132)
3/21/2007 6:19:37 PM
RMS Retailer wrote:
> * According to these forums "Mickie" tried both solutions, but ended
> up choosing NitroSell, yet the relevant discussions make Kosmos appear
> a better choice. Why did Mickie choose NitroSell?

I chose Nitrosell because I needed QUICK. I was afraid of the THREE
applications (RMS, New-West integrator, X-Cart) all having to work
together especially with separate upgrades happening. What if one
program had an update and suddenly the system is broken? I was afraid of
that.

To be fair, I never used KOSMOS, just compared them. I still MAY use
them for my third website because Nitrosell does not have an AFFILIATE
function.

> * The NitroSell site does not indicate exactly how many offices they
> have but web searches seem to indicate three in the US, two in the UK
> and one in Ireland (does the Internet even exist in Ireland? - isn't
> there bombs going off all the time there ?)

Ha Ha. Ireland is THRIVING. LOW unemployment and lots of high tech
companies have moved there. and few bombs.

> NitroSell "have some amazing technology" - multilingual support,
> multiple URL's from one RMS database, extendable product attributes,
> multicurrency support, out of the box SEO and market place
> integration, mobile commerce support etc etc, I have no doubt they
> have all this, based on what third parties are saying, but why is none
> of this mentioned on thier website?

They have a INTERMEDIATE table editor called the "PAM" in between the
Website and the RMS database. It is great for doing MASS CHANGES to many
items at once and also to add specialty fields for yourself or your website.
---
Multi currency works EXCEPT in the shipping area.  They have to fix
this. Shipping is calculated in the foreign currency ...so my UPS rate
tables in RMS are useless since they are in home currency.  Example:
FREE SHIPPING OVER $100 is in my rate table. If you are shopping in
EUROS and your order is over $100US but under 100EU then you do not get
the free shipping...it doesn't calculate the shipping in HOME currency
and then translate into FOREIGN currency like it should.
-----
SEO is great. Products are auto-listed on Froogle.  I manually list them
on Yahoo shopping using the XML file they drop every night.
-----
They are adding a product review add-on soon. So, customers can write
reviews of products you sell.
-----

I am currently using the MULTIPLE URL from one RMS database option. It
works GREAT! We are launching the second website in about 1 week.

Feel free to explore.
http://www.mickiesplace.com

my second site is in progress but will be (after April 2nd):

http://www.archerymarket.com

I have a third website "doggear.com" that will be launched this year also.

Mickie
0
mickie3724 (132)
3/21/2007 7:10:25 PM
I am about to deploy a Nitrosell website and the time and effort it took to
create an excellent looking, easy to navigate website was incredible.

Obviously the pricing is an issue but we wanted our website to be as
accessible and easy to maintain as possible and the Nitrosell package seemed
to be the best one out there.

I'd highly recommend them.

"willl0w@yahoo.com" wrote:

> As a retailer I also don't know which one to choose.  I have read
> through the forum and it seems like the people who post for nitrosell
> and kosmos are constantly bickering.  It's really funny.
>
> It seems nitrosell is the best product.  The only thing you have to be
> concerned about is their pricing.  It is SKY HIGH. I think it's over
> 300 a month. Don't forget that if you go over a "X" amount of
> bandwidth you will be paying more.  Also keep in mind that you never
> own the product.  They can raise the rent (like a landlord) and you
> have no say. I see more resellers supporting nitrosell now.  My guess
> is for two reasons...the product is better and more importantly the
> RMS reseller incentive is better.
>
> Kosmos central does not seem as well integrated and it seems the setup
> will be more complicated. The beauty with this product is that it is
> yours and you own it 100%!!  Which means you can customize as you like
> and host where you like.  You can have kosmos host for you at half the
> price of nitrosell or you can host it yourself (depending on how much
> you sell).
>
> RMSretail, you have to decide if nitrosell's 5th ave rent is worth it.
> I say NO. If you have the patience and the know how, own your building
> and you can do what you want.

0
bmac (4)
3/24/2007 9:43:03 AM
I am still looking for a solution to just DISPLAY my items on a website. I
don't want to sell online - just get items onto a good looking website in an
RMS-integrated manner.

Kosmos and Nitrosell seem like overkill to me.

Any ideas?

<willl0w@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> As a retailer I also don't know which one to choose.  I have read
> through the forum and it seems like the people who post for nitrosell
> and kosmos are constantly bickering.  It's really funny.
>
> It seems nitrosell is the best product.  The only thing you have to be
> concerned about is their pricing.  It is SKY HIGH. I think it's over
> 300 a month. Don't forget that if you go over a "X" amount of
> bandwidth you will be paying more.  Also keep in mind that you never
> own the product.  They can raise the rent (like a landlord) and you
> have no say. I see more resellers supporting nitrosell now.  My guess
> is for two reasons...the product is better and more importantly the
> RMS reseller incentive is better.
>
> Kosmos central does not seem as well integrated and it seems the setup
> will be more complicated. The beauty with this product is that it is
> yours and you own it 100%!!  Which means you can customize as you like
> and host where you like.  You can have kosmos host for you at half the
> price of nitrosell or you can host it yourself (depending on how much
> you sell).
>
> RMSretail, you have to decide if nitrosell's 5th ave rent is worth it.
> I say NO. If you have the patience and the know how, own your building
> and you can do what you want.

If you are going to go through the effort of getting all your items onto
a web page, you might as well sell them.

Unless you just don't want the money....

:)

Seriously, if you have all the item names and pictures already in your
SQL database, just hire a freelancer off e-lance.com or somewhere to
program a script that calls the item name and picture to your site,
without a shopping cart.

Jason wrote:
> I am still looking for a solution to just DISPLAY my items on a website. I
> don't want to sell online - just get items onto a good looking website in an
> RMS-integrated manner.
>
> Kosmos and Nitrosell seem like overkill to me.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> <willl0w@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> As a retailer I also don't know which one to choose.  I have read
>> through the forum and it seems like the people who post for nitrosell
>> and kosmos are constantly bickering.  It's really funny.
>>
>> It seems nitrosell is the best product.  The only thing you have to be
>> concerned about is their pricing.  It is SKY HIGH. I think it's over
>> 300 a month. Don't forget that if you go over a "X" amount of
>> bandwidth you will be paying more.  Also keep in mind that you never
>> own the product.  They can raise the rent (like a landlord) and you
>> have no say. I see more resellers supporting nitrosell now.  My guess
>> is for two reasons...the product is better and more importantly the
>> RMS reseller incentive is better.
>>
>> Kosmos central does not seem as well integrated and it seems the setup
>> will be more complicated. The beauty with this product is that it is
>> yours and you own it 100%!!  Which means you can customize as you like
>> and host where you like.  You can have kosmos host for you at half the
>> price of nitrosell or you can host it yourself (depending on how much
>> you sell).
>>
>> RMSretail, you have to decide if nitrosell's 5th ave rent is worth it.
>> I say NO. If you have the patience and the know how, own your building
>> and you can do what you want.

0
mickie3724 (132)
3/26/2007 5:35:01 PM
I am not in the US or Europe where buying online is common. Also, I am
trying to make items viewable to my export customers who all have different
pricing and issues. Trust me - I have a legitimate reason for needing this
without selling online.

It's easy enough for me to run a query to get the required display data (and
picture name) into an Excel or csv text file. I guess I could just get a
programmer to do something with that. I was hoping to get a little more
flexibility that a cart system offers. I just need to get the data from my
system into a database on my web server in a way that a cart can use it.

Note: My web host has free cart software (AgoraCart, CubeCart, osCommerce,
phpShop, and ZenCart) and free MySQL databases. The MySQL tools for text
file import seem pretty good. I need a simple bridge just to bring in the
product information.

I'm pretty good with web development, and a bit of a control freak. What I
need is reall bare bones. Anyone else out there roll thier own solutions
yet?

"Mickie" <mickie@removemickiesremoveplace.com> wrote in message
> If you are going to go through the effort of getting all your items onto a
> web page, you might as well sell them.
>
> Unless you just don't want the money....
>
> :)
>
> Seriously, if you have all the item names and pictures already in your SQL
> database, just hire a freelancer off e-lance.com or somewhere to program a
> script that calls the item name and picture to your site, without a
> shopping cart.
>

> Jason wrote:
>> I am still looking for a solution to just DISPLAY my items on a website.
>> I don't want to sell online - just get items onto a good looking website
>> in an RMS-integrated manner.
>>
>> Kosmos and Nitrosell seem like overkill to me.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

>> <willl0w@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> As a retailer I also don't know which one to choose.  I have read
>>> through the forum and it seems like the people who post for nitrosell
>>> and kosmos are constantly bickering.  It's really funny.
>>>
>>> It seems nitrosell is the best product.  The only thing you have to be
>>> concerned about is their pricing.  It is SKY HIGH. I think it's over
>>> 300 a month. Don't forget that if you go over a "X" amount of
>>> bandwidth you will be paying more.  Also keep in mind that you never
>>> own the product.  They can raise the rent (like a landlord) and you
>>> have no say. I see more resellers supporting nitrosell now.  My guess
>>> is for two reasons...the product is better and more importantly the
>>> RMS reseller incentive is better.
>>>
>>> Kosmos central does not seem as well integrated and it seems the setup
>>> will be more complicated. The beauty with this product is that it is
>>> yours and you own it 100%!!  Which means you can customize as you like
>>> and host where you like.  You can have kosmos host for you at half the
>>> price of nitrosell or you can host it yourself (depending on how much
>>> you sell).
>>>
>>> RMSretail, you have to decide if nitrosell's 5th ave rent is worth it.
>>> I say NO. If you have the patience and the know how, own your building
>>> and you can do what you want.

Try setting the location of the Pictures up as a read only FTP site.
Then append the FTP info in front of the picture name when you upload to
your website.
That way the site will always pick up the must current image and you don't
have to
transfer the actual images, just reference them.

"Jason" <microsoft.public.pos@natureisle.com> wrote in message
>I am not in the US or Europe where buying online is common. Also, I am
>trying to make items viewable to my export customers who all have different
>pricing and issues. Trust me - I have a legitimate reason for needing this
>without selling online.
>
> It's easy enough for me to run a query to get the required display data
> (and picture name) into an Excel or csv text file. I guess I could just
> get a programmer to do something with that. I was hoping to get a little
> more flexibility that a cart system offers. I just need to get the data
> from my system into a database on my web server in a way that a cart can
> use it.
>
> Note: My web host has free cart software (AgoraCart, CubeCart, osCommerce,
> phpShop, and ZenCart) and free MySQL databases. The MySQL tools for text
> file import seem pretty good. I need a simple bridge just to bring in the
> product information.
>
> I'm pretty good with web development, and a bit of a control freak. What I
> need is reall bare bones. Anyone else out there roll thier own solutions
> yet?
>

> "Mickie" <mickie@removemickiesremoveplace.com> wrote in message
>> If you are going to go through the effort of getting all your items onto
>> a web page, you might as well sell them.
>>
>> Unless you just don't want the money....
>>
>> :)
>>
>> Seriously, if you have all the item names and pictures already in your
>> SQL database, just hire a freelancer off e-lance.com or somewhere to
>> program a script that calls the item name and picture to your site,
>> without a shopping cart.
>>

>> Jason wrote:
>>> I am still looking for a solution to just DISPLAY my items on a website.
>>> I don't want to sell online - just get items onto a good looking website
>>> in an RMS-integrated manner.
>>>
>>> Kosmos and Nitrosell seem like overkill to me.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>

>>> <willl0w@yahoo.com> wrote in message

0
ttaylor (69)
3/27/2007 8:02:12 PM
Jason, there is a one way version of the Web Integrator that I'm aware
of, maybe you should discuss that option with Kosmos and Newestech?
If you only need to upload your inventory and images and not need the
download of orders, why not see if that's an option?

A. Duck

0
gangreen2 (1)
3/28/2007 9:08:37 PM
I already have a website, and have the ability to import to it all of the
stock records from RMS.

I need to know how.

Ideally, this will be coding them up as a "Webitem" and then running a
report, and then exporting from here.

I will also be able to use the reports to see the sales and stock for the
webstie

Any idea how I can integrate the column in to a standard report such as
Master Price List?  I added the following column, but it doesn't like it:

Begin Column
   FieldName = "Item.WebItem"
   DrillDownFieldName = ""
   DrillDownReportName = ""
   StoreIDFieldName = ""
   Title = "WebItem"
   VBDataType = vbBoolean
   Formula = "(Item.Webitem)"
   ColHidden = True
   ColNotDisplayable = False
   FilterDisabled = False
   ColWidth = 1605
   GroupMethod = groupmethodNone
   ColFormat = ""
End Column

"chris allsopp" <chris@emmaallsopp.plus.com> wrote in message
> What does checking the "Item is available on the website" box do?
>
> Is there then an export of data that can be done to upload to our website?
>
> Please help as we are just re-doing our website and would ideally like to
> use the details from RMS to set up the items on our site.
>
> anyone with experience linking the two, please help.
>
> Chris

0
chris8972 (6)

------=_NextPart_000_0756_01C7AEDD.6DEF4030

Chris,

If you are _using_ the Price List as a model, it's already there.  You =
can turn it on by right clicking on the body of the report, Show/Hide =
Columns and check the WebItem checkbox.

For another report, make sure that the Item table is joined and add the =
following;

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "Item.WebItem"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D ""
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "Web Item"
   VBDataType =3D vbBoolean
   Formula =3D ""
   ColHidden =3D True
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 1000
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodNone
   ColFormat =3D ""
   ColAlignment =3D flexAlignLeftCenter
End Column

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "Chris Allsopp - Connaught House" <chris@connaught-house.co.uk> wrote =
in message news:%23290cGRqHHA.4420@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
  I already have a website, and have the ability to import to it all of =
the=20
  stock records from RMS.

  I need to know how.

  Ideally, this will be coding them up as a "Webitem" and then running a =

  report, and then exporting from here.

  I will also be able to use the reports to see the sales and stock for =
the=20
  webstie

  Any idea how I can integrate the column in to a standard report such =
as=20
  Master Price List?  I added the following column, but it doesn't like =
it:

  Begin Column
     FieldName =3D "Item.WebItem"
     DrillDownFieldName =3D ""
     DrillDownReportName =3D ""
     StoreIDFieldName =3D ""
     Title =3D "WebItem"
     VBDataType =3D vbBoolean
     Formula =3D "(Item.Webitem)"
     ColHidden =3D True
     ColNotDisplayable =3D False
     FilterDisabled =3D False
     ColWidth =3D 1605

  "chris allsopp" <chris@emmaallsopp.plus.com> wrote in message=20
  > What does checking the "Item is available on the website" box do?
  >
  > Is there then an export of data that can be done to upload to our =
website?

  > Please help as we are just re-doing our website and would ideally =
like to=20
  > use the details from RMS to set up the items on our site.
  >
  > anyone with experience linking the two, please help.
  >
  > Chris
  >=20

------=_NextPart_000_0756_01C7AEDD.6DEF4030

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Chris,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>If you are _using_ the Price List as a model, =
it's=20
already there.&nbsp; You can turn it on by right clicking on the body of =
the=20
report, Show/Hide Columns and check the WebItem checkbox.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>For another report, make sure that the Item =
table is=20
joined and add the following;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Begin Column<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; FieldName =3D=20
"Item.WebItem"<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; DrillDownFieldName =3D ""<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; =

DrillDownReportName =3D ""<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; Title =3D "Web =
Item"<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
VBDataType =3D vbBoolean<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; Formula =3D ""<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; =
ColHidden =3D=20
True<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; ColNotDisplayable =3D False<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; =
FilterDisabled =3D=20
False<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; ColWidth =3D 1000<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; GroupMethod =3D=20
groupmethodNone<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; ColFormat =3D ""<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; =
ColAlignment =3D=20
flexAlignLeftCenter<BR>End Column<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000></FONT><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point=20
Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Chris Allsopp - Connaught House" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:chris@connaught-house.co.uk">chris@connaught-house.co.uk</=
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:%23290cGRqHHA.4420@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl">news:%23290cGRqHHA.=
4420@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>I=20
  already have a website, and have the ability to import to it all of =
the=20
  <BR>stock records from RMS.<BR><BR>I need to know how.<BR><BR>Ideally, =
this=20
  will be coding them up as a "Webitem" and then running a <BR>report, =
and then=20
  exporting from here.<BR><BR>I will also be able to use the reports to =
see the=20
  sales and stock for the <BR>webstie<BR><BR>Any idea how I can =
integrate the=20
  column in to a standard report such as <BR>Master Price List?&nbsp; I =
added=20
  the following column, but it doesn't like it:<BR><BR><BR>Begin=20
  Column<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; FieldName =3D "Item.WebItem"<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  DrillDownFieldName =3D ""<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; DrillDownReportName =3D=20
  ""<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; StoreIDFieldName =3D ""<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; Title =3D=20
  "WebItem"<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; VBDataType =3D vbBoolean<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Formula =3D=20
  "(Item.Webitem)"<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; ColHidden =3D True<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  ColNotDisplayable =3D False<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; FilterDisabled =3D=20
  False<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; ColWidth =3D 1605<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; GroupMethod =
=3D=20
  groupmethodNone<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; ColFormat =3D ""<BR>End =
Column<BR><BR><BR>"chris=20
  allsopp" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:chris@emmaallsopp.plus.com">chris@emmaallsopp.plus.com</A>=
&gt;=20
  wrote in message <BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"news:%23AoLyelYHHA.4560@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl">news:%23AoLyelYHHA.=
4560@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  What does checking the "Item is available on the website" box=20
  do?<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Is there then an export of data that can be done =
to upload=20
  to our website?<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Please help as we are just re-doing =
our=20
  website and would ideally like to <BR>&gt; use the details from RMS to =
set up=20
  the items on our site.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; anyone with experience linking =
the two,=20
  please help.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Chris<BR>&gt; =
<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0756_01C7AEDD.6DEF4030--

0
cptsoft (1248)
6/15/2007 6:40:45 AM
responding to
http://www.beansmart.com/point-of-sale/Item-is-available-on-the-website-21485-.htm
DoubleHelixWebSOlutions wrote:
An RMS integration solution is available from Double Helix Web Solutions.
It works with any shopping cart, and does not require a template design.

http://www.doublehelixwebsolutions.com/rms-integration.php

rev level in item inquiry
We need to be able to see the rev level of the part in the item inquiry screen. It would just link to the revision level field in the item engineering data screen. Currently a user with only inquiry access can not see what revision a part is supposed to be. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &...

dictionary->(item, item, item); Can dictionary point to an array in VBA?
Is it possible to have a dictionary object point to an simple array? Can you do something like that in code? Dim oDict as new Scripting.Dictionary oDict.Add "key_value", Array("foo", "bar") Tim "cate" <catebekensail@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9f4b847e-eba7-487c-ac86-749d217dcc7e@b30g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to have a dictionary object point to an simple array? > > Can you do something like that in code? ...

MS Office for Mac
I'm in the process of purchasing a MAC, but need to know if MS Office for MAC include their One Note application. I use this app extensively for work and it may be the deciding factor. I searched and googled everything possible, but couldn't find the answer. Anyone know? In article <1191605020.863852.230030@o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, espinosa.pablo@gmail.com wrote: > I'm in the process of purchasing a MAC, but need to know if MS Office > for MAC include their One Note application. I use this app extensively > for work and it may be the deciding factor. No ...

Listbox Delete multiple items
Hello. I'm trying to create a vba routine to delete items from a listbox. This is a multiselect listbox and what is happening is that i select several items and the code only removes the first item. When the first item is deleted, all of the other selected items became unselected. I post the code i'm using bellow. Can anyone give me a hint on this issue? Thanks, Luis Private Sub RemoveItem_btn_Click() If Listbox_1.ListIndex = -1 Then Exit Sub For i = Listbox_1.ListCount - 1 To 0 Step -1 If Listbox_1.Selected(i) Then Listbox_1.Remove...

Sent Items issue
When i send an email they sit in the outbox instead of going to my sent items folder. The items that are in my sent items folder cannot be moved or deleted as it comes up with an error. Any help would be appreciated. Thank. T On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 06:41:04 -0800, ctdude wrote: > When i send an email they sit in the outbox instead of going to my sent items > folder. The items that are in my sent items folder cannot be moved or deleted > as it comes up with an error. Any help would be appreciated. Thank. What version of Outlook? What sort of mail account(s)? What is the error th...

Item
Item needs to have more customer fields. Some countries require both an Inc and Ex Cost of each item. Ib Ivan, What are Inc and Ex costs and are you asking for more custom fields or do you really mean customer fields? -- * "Ivan Brebner" <ibrebner@premiumretail.com.au> wrote in message news:Oo9hLB4%23FHA.2524@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... Item needs to have more customer fields. Some countries require both an Inc and Ex Cost of each item. Ib In places like Australia retailers prefer to see the cost of an item including tax as well as Excluding. So that quoting ite...

item created date for copied items
We create 2 new product catalogs every year with hundreds of new items. To make data entry easier for our users, we use the Copy function. Unfortunately, the Created Date is not updated for the NEW item (it uses the copied item's created date). Also, this NEW item is not listed in Activity Tracking. It would be great if Created Date was the actual create date, even if the NEW item was copied off an old item. It is important for us to run reports off Created Date. It is also important for us to see who created the NEW item in case there are data entry errors. Thank you. -----...

Three items, column and line chart
I have data for the quarter that looks like this: PRODUCT LINE Jan Forecast Jan Actual Jan % of Fcst PERSONALIZED IMPACTCARDS 2,921,347 2,017,000 69% I would like a bar chart to show (in bars) the forecast and actual, and a secondary axes as the %. Is this possible? I've done a chart with Forecast and % forecast, but really need the actual bar. TIA, Carole O Hi Carole - Easier than you might think. Make a column chart using all three series of data. Select the % series, then choose Chart Type from the Chart menu, and select Line. Then double click on this line, ...

copy item cost to supplier cost field
I have customer that has an item cost in each item, but has no cost in supplier tab. Is there a sql statement that will copy the item cost into the supplier cost field? Thanks for the help Dave here it is ************************** UPDATE Supplierlist set SupplierList.Cost=Item.Cost FROM Item WHERE Item.ID=SupplierList.ItemID --AND Item.SupplierID=SupplierList.SupplierID ************************** if u execute it as it is, it will update the cost for primary suppliers only, if u remove the comment (--) from the last line, it will update the cost for all the item's suppliers (primary &...

Convert to Service Case button available in email?
In CRM 3 you have the option to convert the email received into an opportunity using the button at the top of the email form. Is there a way of adding a "Convert to Service Case" button also? There is just as many occassions that emails need a Service Case raised. Cheers Gregg c360 created an add-on for 1.2 that converted emails in a queue into cases. I believe they are going to put out a similar add-on for 3.0. You could also develop something like this with the SDK. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "GreggH" wrote: > In CRM 3 you have the opt...

item picture
Is there a way to get an items picture on a report? I use the item price list report and export it to HTML to get my items on my web page. This works fine, however I would like to include the items picture also but I don't see that as a field to include on the report. Is anyone doing this or know of a way to do this? Thanks, Craig You could add the Item.PictureName field to the report. Search the newsgroup and you should find several recent examples of adding a column to a report. This isn't going to be much help though as this is only going to include the Filename of the ...

Other Items Bought with a particular item
Hi all- Extensive heavy-duty user of RMS and regular custom-creator of reports, but can't seem to find a way to manage this one. I have item XYZ and I've identified it as not a highly profitable item, but possibly an item that my customers purchase alongside other higher margin products. The item has hundreds of movements in the Movement History report. How can I run a report to show either: a.) The total sales ticket value of all transactions which include XYZ item. -or- b.) A list of other items (along with cost and sold price) which were purchased over a set period along ...

if all items in listbox are the same
access 2003 On form f018ContrPerf is have a listbox called lstUnitType(multiselect=none). How can I determine if all items in listbox are the same? ie all ST or all IT... If they are the same then Me.f018ContrPerfDetails.Form.optHP.Visible = True Me.f018ContrPerfDetails.Form.FrameElem_Label.Visible = True -- deb On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:38:01 -0700, deb <deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >access 2003 > >On form f018ContrPerf is have a listbox called lstUnitType(multiselect=none). > >How can I determine if all items in listbox are the same? ...

Items not in sent items folder
I am running Outlook 2000 and when trying to email directly from Word using File --> Send --> as Attachment, the email goes through, but does not show up in my Sent Items folder. I checked the box in Options to save messages in sent items. Any ideas? ...

Set policies for items archivation on Exchange
Hi, it's posibble to set policies for AutoArchive? Eg. where to save old items from outlook, which folders should be archived and the age of items? Or should can it be done using GPO? Thanks, Jozef Izso. On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 02:53:02 -0800, Jozef Izso <jozef.izso@nospam.postalias> wrote: >Hi, > >it's posibble to set policies for AutoArchive? Eg. where to save old items >from outlook, which folders should be archived and the age of items? > >Or should can it be done using GPO? Yes, I believe you can set this with the outlook adm using a GPO. > > &g...

Website unavailable
From two different computers in two different cities, I and a colleague are unable to access the office.microsoft.com "help and how-to" learning tutorials for Office. Given the page errors, it appears the site is down. Just FYI, since there doesn't seem to be any other way to report this, nor any alternative method to access the tutorials. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see t...

Item Serial Numbers for Matrixed Items
Hello all: I have a question regarding serial numbers for matrixed items. I would like to set up an item, and then include a matrix for size, color, length, and still maintain invenotry on each color/sytle combination, and have a serial number for each item. Can anyone provide details as to how to best accomplish this. Thanks Victor Example: Style:FANA01 this comes in: Red, Green, Yellow and each color has small, med, large. Each item has a serial number. Create the item using the New Item Wizard as a matrix item. At the end of the wizard select "Edit this item" On t...

ANN: XMLMax Public Beta Available For Download
May 26, 2009 XMLMax edits any size xml -fast! In five seconds XMLMax will parse, syntax check and display a 150 Mb xml file in its virtual treeview; a 3.7Gb file in three minutes. XMLMax is a Windows desktop editor with critical xml features including: syntax checking * schema validation * markup protection * auto complete * namespace aware Plus xpath query, xsl transformation and needs only 600Mb free memory for any size xml file. XMLMax implement's Xponent's radically new treeview control that completely eliminates the memory and performance problems that result from loading...

Embedded Barcode Items Receiving
Is there any way to do a physical inventory or receiving in Store Ops on embedded coded items? When scanning into either of the above, since it is reading the whole barcode - says item does not exist. Does anyone out there do this or have a suggestion of how to accomplish? ...

Line Item comments in SOP Transaction in Sales Line Item Smartlist
The Sales Line Item smartlist, comment fields (Comment 1, Comment 2...) seems to be picking up comment from the transaction level comment text rather than line item comment text entered in Sales Item detail entry screen. Seems illogical to me. It should pick comment text from Line item details rather than transaction level comments. Any Ideas? What version? It seems fine in 8.0. VG "Samit" wrote: > The Sales Line Item smartlist, comment fields (Comment 1, Comment 2...) > seems to be picking up comment from the transaction level comment text > rather than line item com...

work order not committing item in inventory
I don't know if I have a corrupt data base or some other issue but I have items that are on work orders that don't show as committed when you look at quantities in inventory. Example: Item x has on on hand quantity of 2 I create a work order and put 1 of item x on it and save the work order. I look it item properties and under the inventory tab instead of showing me quantity on hand of 2, quantity committed of 1 and quantity available of one, it still shows as 2 on hand and 2 available. any ideas? thanks, Jim Jim, There have been a few issues with work orders and on-hand q...

Assembly Item and Departments
We have a golf pro shop in which we have assembly items containing greens fees and cart fees together. But we would like for this assembly item, not the individual items, to show up in particular Department (i.e. Greens Fees) from the Departments Menu from the Store Ops screen. The only thing I can see is adding the individual component items to the department and have them showing up individually. I didn't know if there was something I was overlooking which would allow us to do this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Also, any other ideas of how to accomplish this...

SQL Statement for attaching Item Messages to Items
Greetings, I need a SQL statement to attach an Item Message to all items for my client. Can anyone help me? My client is a liquor store that wants to attach an Item Message, Check ID to every item, without having to go through the entire db and attaching to each item individually. Nevermind: Got it, Update Item set MessageID = 1 where MessageID = 0 "Catzilla" wrote: > Greetings, > I need a SQL statement to attach an Item Message to all items for my client. > Can anyone help me? My client is a liquor store that wants to attach an Item > Message, Check ID to every...

UNABLE TO FWD ITEMS TO DELETED ITEMS
Can't delete an item from the inbox or anywhere else except the DELETED box. Receive the error: The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Outlook. Last date known that could successfully delete items 12/12/03. Don't know what happened at the time as I was called in after the event. Have restarted Outlook - no luck. Checked Knowledge base - recommended installing SP1. As it already exists on ws,won't let me overide existing SP1. Possible causes as per Knowledge base not the causes in this instance. Does anyone have any suggestion...

Save copy of messages to sent items
Is there a way to prevent a user from unchecking the box that requires "save copy of messeges in sent folder"? We would like to implement some controls/policy that ensures us that we have a copy of every email that has come in and gone out from a user to remain in their mailbox for at least 1 month so the monthly backup can get it on tape. Any ideas, suggestions or hints would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. On 2 Nov 2005 06:18:55 -0800, "tkoers@gmail.com" <tkoers@gmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to prevent a user from unchecking the box that requires >...