Item Import in MS POS

Is it Possible to import Items from CSV or TXT to POS (not RMS)

thanks,

0
sachafav (13)
10/15/2007 7:39:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes, there's an inventory import wizard that does this.  It's in the manager
application - the help guide will give you addl info on this.

"Sachafav" wrote:

> Is it Possible to import Items from CSV or TXT to POS (not RMS)
>
> thanks,

0
convoluted (621)

Auto reply to Sent Item after a specified time
Hi, I need to use some an auto reply on one account that will check specific Sent Items and their corresponding replies and send an email after x days if no reply has been received. For e.g. Joe Bloggs sends an email (with Voting Buttons). The recipient receives this email but does not reply. If after 10 days their is no reply received then a "chase email" is sent asking the user to action the email. I'm really not sure if this is possible but if it is I think it will need some scripting. The rule must work on only sent emails that haven't been replied to (i.e not Out ...

Exporting From US Excel and Importing in Euro Excel
I'm curious how this situation is handled. You have a worksheet that has some columns that represent U.S. monetary values that include decimals (e.g. 19.28). You export that to a .csv file (comma delimited file). You then have someone in Europe who wants to import this file, but they use commas as the separator in their monetary values. Is there a way they can import this, but also convert the decimals in the monetary values to commas? Thanks, Tim Not sure if it would work Tim but could you use Find/Replace on the range of "Values" changing "." to "," ...

How can I maintain spreadsheet formating when refreshing import da
How can I maintain spreadsheet formating when refreshing import data? ...

Item not selected by default when changing folders
It used to be that I would change folders and the first item (contact, e-mail, whatever) would be selected/highlighted. I must have changed something though because now when I change folders, no item is selected. This is a real pain when I try to do a quick lookup of a contact (where you just type the first few characters), because I have to use my mouse to first highlight one of the contacts, and then start typing. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Item class roll down
we made changes to some of our item classes to have 4 decimal places for currency which were originally set to 2 decimal places. Apparently, the change did not roll down to the existing items in the class. Is there a work around for this or a script maybe? any suggestion would be appreciated. thanks! Changes to the currency decimal places in the inventory class id's do not roll down due to the existance of open PO/SO's/MOP's et cetera. Making these changes to the items in the iv00101 by changing the decimal places field via a SQL update command is dangerous. Make a ful...

How do I import OST files?
I recently left a company and brought my archive files with me. I do not have3 the original machine ( Windows xp + Outlook 2000) and now have Vista with Windows MAil. I cannot run the import utility ( Cannot import messagesfrom the MAPI client) Any ideas? Thanks You can't open the OST on a machine other than the one that created it with the profile that created it "gedevane" <gedevane@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23gC4DcX3HHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I recently left a company and brought my archive files with me. I do not >have3 the original mac...

How do I import Publisher drawings into Word?
How do I import Microsoft Publisher drawings into Microsoft word or into other documnets like PDF? Please ask your question once and then wait for a response. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "M.V." <MV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07E02C98-A488-48FA-89A2-B0F2B2B767A1@microsoft.com... > > > How do I import Microsoft Publisher drawings into Microsoft word or into > other documnets like PDF? ...

Items
certain items that have been already put into our inventory can only be scanned at the POS. In manager we're unable to find them. That is.. they don't show up in our inventory or items in the manager. Does anyone know how to solve this problem TIA They may have been changed to inactive items. You can change this using the wizards menu to update the items. In the RMS Help Menu type in 'inactive items' and the instructions will walk you through. This is assuming they are inactive items. "cjones" wrote: > certain items that have been already put into our...

Experts Challenge: MAPI is unable to access Public Folder store items
Goodday to all of you, I have crosspost my messages to several newsgroups. Reason for this is that my previous posts to different newsgroups did not solve the problem. Maybe if I crosspost, there will be an expert that has a solution. Also I am not sure to which group I should post my problem. Maybe this post long-winded, do not see at as material for a novel!!! - I am just trying to explain the exact TERRIBLE situation! ---- ---- ---- ---- I am experiencing a problem with our Public Folder Store. All my users are not be able to access e-mail items in the Public Folders using their Outlo...

ms office problem
hi i downloaded a copy of ms office from ms but i had some other problems with my pc so i done a fresh install of vista and ms office is no longer there how do i go about getting it back or would i have to buy it again or is there some way ms knows that i downloaded it can i download again also i dont have any activation code can somone help me out please If you didn't save the download and the activation code, that was quite foolish of you, wasn't it? Contact wherever you purchased it from with complete proof of purchase, and see what happens. If not, pull out your ch...

EndNot Web plug-in prevents closing MS Word 2007
Hi, When I try to close MS Word2007 I get an EndNoteWeb error message "an unknown error occured" and after clicking the ok button, the Word stops responding and restarts the program. This means that the Word is always running in the computer. MS diagnostics does not detect any probelms in the Word. Any advice how to fix the problem? Thanks in advance Suokki Sorry, but you've been misdirected to the group for Word for Macintosh... You can find the Win Office groups here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx Good Luck |...

The file is damaged and could not be repaired. & pdf & MS XML v2
Gang: "There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired." Has anybody had issue with not being able to open pdf in any browser using ..net application? The pdf is fine if use Adobe to read it; or just a browser, but not when combined with .net. This is probably related to dll hell with version 1.1 framework. If anybody has pointers, I'll be researching the issue. -- Cordially, Greg A+ BS MCSE Web Developer ...

Re-installing MS Office 2008 with same product key after restoring mac to factory settings?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi, I intend to restore my Macbook back to its factory settings with the disc that comes in the box. This is all fine and I've backed up all of my files etc. etc. The only issue I'm having is with MS Office 2008 (I have the home & student edition). As you probably know, they give you three product keys so that you can install it on up to three computers - we've used all of the keys on separate macs. Will I be able to re-install Office with the same product key I used when I installed it the first time (before restoring ...

copy subcalendar items to main calendar
I have a fairly large sub-calendar in Outlook 2002. I need to move and/or copy those calendar items to the main calendar in order to share it with others. I have attempted to export them and then import but it creates another subfolder. If I uncheck to include subfolders it does nothing at all. Is there any way to bulk move all these items? While viewing your sub-calendar, choose view - current view - events. Then you can select all and drag them into your main calendar. Kevin Michael System Engineer >-----Original Message----- >I have a fairly large sub-calendar in Outlook...

Some wat to change Outlook's importing rules for contacts?
When I import files to Outlook's contacts, the "File As" seems to default to the Name. This is fine when there is no Company, but when there is a Name and a Company I'd rather have the "File As" default to the Company. Is there any way to make this happen without (as I have been doing) manually going through the contacts and editing them? ...

CRM Case Import 4.0
I have imported many cases via the Import Wizzard using a CSV and mapping the fields through the Data Mapping. In my map I had several "CaseTypes" from my old ticket system which I mapped to just one value in CRM. Example: Old System / CRM 4.0 System Defect = Problem Performance Problem = Problem Data Problem = Problem I had intentionally not put the old values in the CRM system. Meaning, I never placed "Performance Probme" etc. into CRM as a "CaseType" value (SourceValue) What I have found is that the mapped values have some how come over and are bein...

POS 2009
Dear i'm struggling to get the Pole display to work with the POS 2009. I have already installed the OPOS drivers as well as the supplier VFD drivers and from the supplier tet tool the Pole display works fine. The device has been configured on COM1 and was detected on log on by POS 2009. Once you log on where it should display your custom message (set in the Line Preset Messages) it displays "Register Closed" Please advise Cedric Cedric, Were you able to get the pole display to work for POS 2009? Thanks "Cedric" wrote: > Dear > i'm struggling t...

Calling add customer / add item functionallity from addin
I am developing a new addin and would like to call the add customer and add item UI directly from my addin without having to switch back and forth between the addin and POS. Not actually wanting to add them to a transaction just the database. I could access the dB directly but I don't want to reinvent the wheel and I want to use RMS so all the entries and validation are sweet. Micro$oft crew if you are reading this and other posts, then you probably know why open source software is doing so well. Publish your full API for Version 1.2 and you might sell more product!!! ...

how do I install MS Office on my second computer?
I installed MS Office on my main computer, registered and validated it. It runs fine. I installed MS Office (same product) on my second computer and when I try to open a new doc in Word or Excel a window pops up and tells me I have to purchase the software, because many features are disabled. "Bill the Greek" <Bill the Greek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05DD85B9-5E6E-4AB3-AE88-A5658610795D@microsoft.com... > I installed MS Office on my main computer, registered and validated it. > It > runs fine. I installed MS Office (same produc...

Import Data into same cell
Hi, I need to import data from 5 different spreadsheets into the same cell. For example, I have one spread sheet that says test1 , Test2, and Test3 spread over 9 colums and 200 rows in random places. Copy and pasting them into the master document is easy, but for the next spread sheet, I have Yes, No and Maybe. I have to import that data into the same cell as the test1 test2 and test3 cells without overwriting the existing data. Is there a way to do this? I would hate to manually input this data, it would take for ever. Thanks in advance. Hi not sure what you mean by "import...

MS Picture manager- resizing
I want to always save pictures from a camera to small document size and at present have to do this each time manually. Is there a way to reset to always save to that small size. Appreciate any help out there. Digital photos in a camera or on memory card do not have any dimensions at that stage. They are merely expressed as so many pixels wide by so many high. It is in editing software that the user fixes the desired size. So as far as I know there's no way to automate that process, leastways not with the Office Picture Manager. ...

authorizing a sale of an item.
there are items in my store that I want to authorize the sale off. For example if a customer has 10 items that are regular items and one item that I don't want to be sold without my authorization. Instead of training my cashiers which are the items that I don't want to be sold without my authorization I want the RMS not allow the sale of that specific item and ask for an authorization. Can you help? HI Hayk, its again Akber, I belive such thing is not available right now, you are talking about workflow where authorization has passed and then you can move one. but you can do ...

Global customer import
Can I import into the Customers table at the HQ level and have that disburse to all the stores? Do all Global Customers update at every polling? Or do I have to use HQ Manager to add them? Assuming that all stores have unique customer account numbers (like auto generated based on the preamble of zeros + store id), you can quickly issue scripts to all stores to change to the customer db from Local to Global. Global customers run over standard WS 401s. After the first store has processed their 401, cust info would be updated to HQ. When the second store processes their 401, cust info w...

Echange deleted items sent to disabled
Can we still restore and recover deleted emails from a user's deleted items folder in Outlook if our Exchange Server did NOT have the deleted items retention selected? Dana wrote: > Can we still restore and recover deleted emails from a user's deleted > items folder in Outlook if our Exchange Server did NOT have the > deleted items retention selected? Nope. Only from backup. Which is a royal pain. One of the first things you should enable when setting up Exchange is DIR...will save you a lot of headaches. Also - since you posted something related to this a few messages...

Deleting Posted import batches?
Evening all I have a sticky issue with needing to remove import batches that have been posted at detail level and of course backups are not available! So far I have been able to delete all the batches from the GL20000 table but there is still transactions showing up in the Trial Balance report. Does anyone have any clear idea of all the tables I will need to clear out for the affected data? thanks in advance If you have history delete the GL30000 and make sure you have no saved batches. Once this is done you will need to reconcile you financials. Utilities>Financials>Reconcile....