Is there a developer's edition of RMS?

Hello All,

Please forgive the newbie question, but what do developers use when doing
RMS customization work?  RMS is not included in either the MSDN or Microsoft
Action Pack subscriptions, and I didn't see anything on the PartnerSource
site other than the Customization Guide.  I'm trying to do some
customization work for a customer/friend, but neither of us have enough in
our budgets for an extra SO + HQ purchase that would only be used for
development.

What alternatives do I have (besides a bigger budget <grin>)?

thanks,
randy

0
nospam3988 (40)
2/14/2007 3:00:41 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The Customization guide is the only developer resource available.  If
your customer already has a copy of RMS, you  can use his install disks
to build a development environment.  This will be in evaluation mode,
but should be good enough for some development and testing.  If this is
for a future purchase, you can get evaluation copies of the software
from a reseller.  If you become a certified reseller, MS will provide
you a Not For Resale copy for your internal use and testing.  Contact
one of the distributors for information and assistance in becoming a
reseller (Scan Source, Blue Star or Tech Data).

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Randy B. wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Please forgive the newbie question, but what do developers use when doing
> RMS customization work?  RMS is not included in either the MSDN or Microsoft
> Action Pack subscriptions, and I didn't see anything on the PartnerSource
> site other than the Customization Guide.  I'm trying to do some
> customization work for a customer/friend, but neither of us have enough in
> our budgets for an extra SO + HQ purchase that would only be used for
> development.
>
> What alternatives do I have (besides a bigger budget <grin>)?
>
> thanks,
> randy

0
glenn9672 (1267)
2/14/2007 3:28:42 PM
Glenn,

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, being a one-person shop only doing
software engineering and not reselling, I can't meet Microsoft's
requirements to become a certified reseller.  I suppose I'll have to
continue using RMS in evaluation mode.

It's a pity Microsoft doesn't include a "Not For Resale/Development Use
Only" version of RMS in the Action Pack.  I'd certainly purchase a
subscription just for that.

thanks again,
randy

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com> wrote in
message news:%236KdkzEUHHA.4668@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> The Customization guide is the only developer resource available.  If your
> customer already has a copy of RMS, you  can use his install disks to
> build a development environment.  This will be in evaluation mode, but
> should be good enough for some development and testing.  If this is for a
> future purchase, you can get evaluation copies of the software from a
> reseller.  If you become a certified reseller, MS will provide you a Not
> For Resale copy for your internal use and testing.  Contact one of the
> distributors for information and assistance in becoming a reseller (Scan
> Source, Blue Star or Tech Data).
>
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>

> Randy B. wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> Please forgive the newbie question, but what do developers use when doing
>> RMS customization work?  RMS is not included in either the MSDN or
>> Microsoft Action Pack subscriptions, and I didn't see anything on the
>> PartnerSource site other than the Customization Guide.  I'm trying to do
>> some customization work for a customer/friend, but neither of us have
>> enough in our budgets for an extra SO + HQ purchase that would only be
>> used for development.
>>
>> What alternatives do I have (besides a bigger budget <grin>)?
>>
>> thanks,
>> randy

0
nospam3988 (40)
2/14/2007 7:49:45 PM
We conduct periodic Advanced Technical Training for those wishing to start
development and extending the RMS solution.

Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ]
CEO - Retail Realm
> PartnerSource site other than the Customization Guide.  I'm trying to do
> some customization work for a customer/friend, but neither of us have
> enough in our budgets for an extra SO + HQ purchase that would only be
> used for development.
>
> What alternatives do I have (besides a bigger budget <grin>)?
>
> thanks,
> randy

0
afshin (783)
2/18/2007 5:20:46 PM
Thanks for the information.  Unfortunately, I'm based in the US and don't
have a budget for travel.  Do you do web-based training?

thanks,
randy

"Afshin Alikhani" <afshin@retailrealm.co.uk> wrote in message
> We conduct periodic Advanced Technical Training for those wishing to start
> development and extending the RMS solution.
>

> Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ]
> CEO - Retail Realm
> = = = = = = = = = =

0
nospam3988 (40)

------=_NextPart_000_0154_01C75533.3C77DD90

Randy,

Understand that Glenn is not saying a MS Certified Partner, just a RMS =
Certified Reseller.  You can be a lowly MS Registered Partner and sell =
RMS. ;-)  Any computer reseller can sell the MSPOS product, even Best =
Buy! ;-)

What you need to do is to contact Ingram Micro, Nimax POS division (or =
whatever they call it now!) ScanSource, or BlueStar (pretty sure that =
Tech Data has quit selling RMS) for an application to resell RMS.  To =
become a RMS Certified Reseller, you need to study and pass a couple of =
tests. =20

I don't know what the cost is anymore, but they do charge for the study =
materials and tests.

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "Randy B." <nospam@internet.com> wrote in message =
  Glenn,

  Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, being a one-person shop only =
doing=20
  software engineering and not reselling, I can't meet Microsoft's=20
  requirements to become a certified reseller.  I suppose I'll have to=20
  continue using RMS in evaluation mode.

  It's a pity Microsoft doesn't include a "Not For Resale/Development =
Use=20
  Only" version of RMS in the Action Pack.  I'd certainly purchase a=20
  subscription just for that.

  thanks again,
  randy

  "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com> wrote =
in=20
  message news:%236KdkzEUHHA.4668@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
  > The Customization guide is the only developer resource available.  =
If your=20
  > customer already has a copy of RMS, you  can use his install disks =
to=20
  > build a development environment.  This will be in evaluation mode, =
but=20
  > should be good enough for some development and testing.  If this is =
for a=20
  > future purchase, you can get evaluation copies of the software from =
a=20
  > reseller.  If you become a certified reseller, MS will provide you a =
Not=20
  > For Resale copy for your internal use and testing.  Contact one of =
the=20
  > distributors for information and assistance in becoming a reseller =
(Scan=20
  > Source, Blue Star or Tech Data).
  >
  > Glenn Adams
  > Tiber Creek Consulting
  > http://www.tibercreek.com
  > glenn@tibercreek.com
  > Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in =
the
  > newsgroup so that all can share the information.
  >

  > Randy B. wrote:
  >> Hello All,
  >>
  >> Please forgive the newbie question, but what do developers use when =
doing=20
  >> RMS customization work?  RMS is not included in either the MSDN or=20
  >> Microsoft Action Pack subscriptions, and I didn't see anything on =
the=20
  >> PartnerSource site other than the Customization Guide.  I'm trying =
to do=20
  >> some customization work for a customer/friend, but neither of us =
have=20
  >> enough in our budgets for an extra SO + HQ purchase that would only =
be=20
  >> used for development.
  >>
  >> What alternatives do I have (besides a bigger budget <grin>)?
  >>
  >> thanks,
  >> randy
  >>=20

------=_NextPart_000_0154_01C75533.3C77DD90

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Randy,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Understand that Glenn is not saying a MS =
Certified=20
Partner, just a RMS Certified Reseller.&nbsp; You can be a lowly=20
MS&nbsp;Registered Partner and sell RMS. ;-)&nbsp; Any computer reseller =
can=20
sell the MSPOS product, even Best Buy! ;-)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>What you need to do is to contact Ingram =
Micro, Nimax=20
POS division (or whatever they call it now!) ScanSource, or BlueStar =
(pretty=20
sure that Tech Data has quit selling RMS) for an application to resell=20
RMS.&nbsp; To become a RMS Certified Reseller, you need to study and =
pass a=20
couple of tests.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>I don't know what the cost is anymore, but =
they do=20
charge for the study materials and tests.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Randy B." &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:nospam@internet.com">nospam@internet.com</A>&gt; wrote =
in message=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:u%23Aa1EHUHHA.1212@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl">news:u%23Aa1EHUHHA.=
1212@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>Glenn,<BR><BR>Thanks=20
  for the reply.&nbsp; Unfortunately, being a one-person shop only doing =

  <BR>software engineering and not reselling, I can't meet Microsoft's=20
  <BR>requirements to become a certified reseller.&nbsp; I suppose I'll =
have to=20
  <BR>continue using RMS in evaluation mode.<BR><BR>It's a pity =
Microsoft=20
  doesn't include a "Not For Resale/Development Use <BR>Only" version of =
RMS in=20
  the Action Pack.&nbsp; I'd certainly purchase a <BR>subscription just =
for=20
  that.<BR><BR>thanks again,<BR>randy<BR><BR><BR>"Glenn Adams [MVP - =
Retail=20
  Mgmt]" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com">glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com</=
A>&gt;=20
  wrote in <BR>message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:%236KdkzEUHHA.4668@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl">news:%236KdkzEUHHA.=
4668@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  The Customization guide is the only developer resource =
available.&nbsp; If=20
  your <BR>&gt; customer already has a copy of RMS, you&nbsp; can use =
his=20
  install disks to <BR>&gt; build a development environment.&nbsp; This =
will be=20
  in evaluation mode, but <BR>&gt; should be good enough for some =
development=20
  and testing.&nbsp; If this is for a <BR>&gt; future purchase, you can =
get=20
  evaluation copies of the software from a <BR>&gt; reseller.&nbsp; If =
you=20
  become a certified reseller, MS will provide you a Not <BR>&gt; For =
Resale=20
  copy for your internal use and testing.&nbsp; Contact one of the =
<BR>&gt;=20
  distributors for information and assistance in becoming a reseller =
(Scan=20
  <BR>&gt; Source, Blue Star or Tech Data).<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Glenn =
Adams<BR>&gt;=20
  Tiber Creek Consulting<BR>&gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.tibercreek.com">http://www.tibercreek.com</A><BR>&gt; =
<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:glenn@tibercreek.com">glenn@tibercreek.com</A><BR>&gt;=20
  ----------------------------------------------<BR>&gt; Please DO NOT =
respond=20
  to me directly but post all responses here in the<BR>&gt; newsgroup so =
that=20
  all can share the information.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Randy B.=20
  wrote:<BR>&gt;&gt; Hello All,<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Please forgive =
the=20
  newbie question, but what do developers use when doing <BR>&gt;&gt; =
RMS=20
  customization work?&nbsp; RMS is not included in either the MSDN or=20
  <BR>&gt;&gt; Microsoft Action Pack subscriptions, and I didn't see =
anything on=20
  the <BR>&gt;&gt; PartnerSource site other than the Customization =
Guide.&nbsp;=20
  I'm trying to do <BR>&gt;&gt; some customization work for a =
customer/friend,=20
  but neither of us have <BR>&gt;&gt; enough in our budgets for an extra =
SO + HQ=20
  purchase that would only be <BR>&gt;&gt; used for=20
  development.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; What alternatives do I have =
(besides a=20
  bigger budget &lt;grin&gt;)?<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; =
thanks,<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
  randy<BR>&gt;&gt; <BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0154_01C75533.3C77DD90--

0
cptsoft (1247)
2/21/2007 5:08:14 AM
No I am sorr we do not do web based training only class room training.

> Thanks for the information.  Unfortunately, I'm based in the US and don't
> have a budget for travel.  Do you do web-based training?
>
> thanks,
> randy
>
> "Afshin Alikhani" <afshin@retailrealm.co.uk> wrote in message
>> We conduct periodic Advanced Technical Training for those wishing to
>> start development and extending the RMS solution.
>>

>> Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ]
>> CEO - Retail Realm
>> = = = = = = = = = =

0
afshin (783)

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C7567F.A8E0F960

Jeff,

Thanks for the clarification.

randy
  "Jeff @ Check Point Software" <CptSoft@Hotmail.com> wrote in message =
[...]

  see and download the file attachment(s).  If you are not using a =
reader, follow
newsreader"

  http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
  =
=3D=3D=3D

    "Randy B." <nospam@internet.com> wrote in message =
    Glenn,

    Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, being a one-person shop only =
doing=20
    software engineering and not reselling, I can't meet Microsoft's=20
    requirements to become a certified reseller.  I suppose I'll have to =

    continue using RMS in evaluation mode.

    It's a pity Microsoft doesn't include a "Not For Resale/Development =
Use=20
    Only" version of RMS in the Action Pack.  I'd certainly purchase a=20
    subscription just for that.

    thanks again,
    randy

    "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com> =
wrote in=20
    message news:%236KdkzEUHHA.4668@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
    > The Customization guide is the only developer resource available.  =
If your=20
    > customer already has a copy of RMS, you  can use his install disks =
to=20
    > build a development environment.  This will be in evaluation mode, =
but=20
    > should be good enough for some development and testing.  If this =
is for a=20
    > future purchase, you can get evaluation copies of the software =
from a=20
    > reseller.  If you become a certified reseller, MS will provide you =
a Not=20
    > For Resale copy for your internal use and testing.  Contact one of =
the=20
    > distributors for information and assistance in becoming a reseller =
(Scan=20
    > Source, Blue Star or Tech Data).
    >
    > Glenn Adams
    > Tiber Creek Consulting
    > http://www.tibercreek.com
    > glenn@tibercreek.com
    > Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here =
in the
    > newsgroup so that all can share the information.
    >

    > Randy B. wrote:
    >> Hello All,
    >>
    >> Please forgive the newbie question, but what do developers use =
when doing=20
    >> RMS customization work?  RMS is not included in either the MSDN =
or=20
    >> Microsoft Action Pack subscriptions, and I didn't see anything on =
the=20
    >> PartnerSource site other than the Customization Guide.  I'm =
trying to do=20
    >> some customization work for a customer/friend, but neither of us =
have=20
    >> enough in our budgets for an extra SO + HQ purchase that would =
only be=20
    >> used for development.
    >>
    >> What alternatives do I have (besides a bigger budget <grin>)?
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >> randy
    >>=20

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C7567F.A8E0F960

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Jeff,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks for the =
clarification.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>randy</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Jeff @ Check Point Software" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:CptSoft@Hotmail.com">CptSoft@Hotmail.com</A>&gt; wrote =
in message=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:eDCLLbXVHHA.4844@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl">news:eDCLLbXVHHA.4844=
@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
[...]

  newsgroup reader to<BR>see and download the file attachment(s).&nbsp; =
If you=20
  are not using a reader, follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook=20
  Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open with newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail=20
  Management System on the right.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><A=20
  =
<BR></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE=20
    <DIV>"Randy B." &lt;<A=20
    href=3D"mailto:nospam@internet.com">nospam@internet.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
    message <A=20
    =
href=3D"news:u%23Aa1EHUHHA.1212@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl">news:u%23Aa1EHUHHA.=
1212@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>Glenn,<BR><BR>Thanks=20
    for the reply.&nbsp; Unfortunately, being a one-person shop only =
doing=20
    <BR>software engineering and not reselling, I can't meet Microsoft's =

    <BR>requirements to become a certified reseller.&nbsp; I suppose =
I'll have=20
    to <BR>continue using RMS in evaluation mode.<BR><BR>It's a pity =
Microsoft=20
    doesn't include a "Not For Resale/Development Use <BR>Only" version =
of RMS=20
    in the Action Pack.&nbsp; I'd certainly purchase a <BR>subscription =
just for=20
    that.<BR><BR>thanks again,<BR>randy<BR><BR><BR>"Glenn Adams [MVP - =
Retail=20
    Mgmt]" &lt;<A=20
    =
href=3D"mailto:glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com">glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com</=
A>&gt;=20
    wrote in <BR>message <A=20
    =
href=3D"news:%236KdkzEUHHA.4668@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl">news:%236KdkzEUHHA.=
4668@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
    The Customization guide is the only developer resource =
available.&nbsp; If=20
    your <BR>&gt; customer already has a copy of RMS, you&nbsp; can use =
his=20
    install disks to <BR>&gt; build a development environment.&nbsp; =
This will=20
    be in evaluation mode, but <BR>&gt; should be good enough for some=20
    development and testing.&nbsp; If this is for a <BR>&gt; future =
purchase,=20
    you can get evaluation copies of the software from a <BR>&gt;=20
    reseller.&nbsp; If you become a certified reseller, MS will provide =
you a=20
    Not <BR>&gt; For Resale copy for your internal use and =
testing.&nbsp;=20
    Contact one of the <BR>&gt; distributors for information and =
assistance in=20
    becoming a reseller (Scan <BR>&gt; Source, Blue Star or Tech=20
    Data).<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Glenn Adams<BR>&gt; Tiber Creek =
Consulting<BR>&gt; <A=20
    =
href=3D"http://www.tibercreek.com">http://www.tibercreek.com</A><BR>&gt; =
<A=20
    =
href=3D"mailto:glenn@tibercreek.com">glenn@tibercreek.com</A><BR>&gt;=20
    ----------------------------------------------<BR>&gt; Please DO NOT =
respond=20
    to me directly but post all responses here in the<BR>&gt; newsgroup =
so that=20
    all can share the information.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Randy B.=20
    wrote:<BR>&gt;&gt; Hello All,<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; Please forgive =
the=20
    newbie question, but what do developers use when doing <BR>&gt;&gt; =
RMS=20
    customization work?&nbsp; RMS is not included in either the MSDN or=20
    <BR>&gt;&gt; Microsoft Action Pack subscriptions, and I didn't see =
anything=20
    on the <BR>&gt;&gt; PartnerSource site other than the Customization=20
    Guide.&nbsp; I'm trying to do <BR>&gt;&gt; some customization work =
for a=20
    customer/friend, but neither of us have <BR>&gt;&gt; enough in our =
budgets=20
    for an extra SO + HQ purchase that would only be <BR>&gt;&gt; used =
for=20
    development.<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; What alternatives do I have =
(besides a=20
    bigger budget &lt;grin&gt;)?<BR>&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;&gt; =
thanks,<BR>&gt;&gt;=20
    randy<BR>&gt;&gt; <BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C7567F.A8E0F960--

0
nospam3988 (40)

Access Developer
Hi All, We are about to enroll on a mini project and as part of the rollout new machines are to be installed. Some user's have an application called Access Developer. I would like to know if we install Access 2003 Pro would that be sufficient for them e to continue with their Access Development? Could anyone answer or point me in the right direction. Regards. -- Flinty I assume that ACCESS Developer is the developer version of ACCESS 2002, but you'll need to confirm that. If it is, this version of ACCESS allows the owner to create runtime versions of ACCESS applications, wh...

RPC over HTTP and XP Tablet edition
I have RPC over HTTP setup for my laptop users but I notice that the folders are not sync on my tablet pc. When I try to connect via the Internet Outlook shows offline. I am not able to click on the status bar and try to initialize the connection or sync. Will RPC over HTTP work with XP tablet edition? ...

Editing cell and showing value
My problem is editing inside a cell that contains a nested if formula. After editing the cell and pressing return the cell places the 'formula' and not the 'value resulting from the formula' in the cell. I keep checking if it is protected but to no avail. Does anyone have any thioughts on this? Thanks in advance. John Try changing the format of the cell to Number (or anything but Text). (Format|Cells|Number tab) Then select that cell, hit F2 and enter (to reenter the formula). John Pappas wrote: > > My problem is editing inside a cell that contains a nested ...

Editing Gift Certificates
Hello, I just purchased MS Publisher 2002 and I am trying to print 3 gift certificates on a page. I would like to be able to type in 3 different names (such as who is receiving the gift and who is sending the gift) within each page. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Jeff jeff@customfitness.com You'll probably find your answer on David Bartosik's site. http://www.davidbartosik.com/ -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "Jeff" <jeff@customfitness.com> wrote in message news:bded76a5.0310261652.32db415e@posting.google.com... &...

direct edit of the ii6s metabase.xml using c# or vb.net
I need to edit the IIS 6.0 config file (metabase.xml) and had a go with this code, trying to get a list of all defined websites, and write their name to console, but it does not seem to work, would appreciate any pointers: ----------- Try Dim doc As New XmlDocument Dim nodelist As XmlNodeList Dim node As XmlNode 'Load the Xml file 'doc.Load("c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\metabase.xml") 'Get the list of name nodes nodelist = doc.SelectNodes("/MBProperty/IIsWebServer") ...

Need 5-7 day evaluation mode for RMS 2.0 POS stations
For emergency recovery periods and upgrade testing, RMS 2.0 POS station needs to be able to run in "evaluation" mode for 5-7 days. This gets you over the hump in case of a machine failure and gives you time to call MS to get new computer activated when a failure occurs - or - if you are able to repair the old system within a few days, you can swap back and continue running as before. -- John M. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" bu...

application development
I am designing a downloadable tutorial application I am using visual studio 6.0 and i have created a client application to navigate through data pages, at the moment just the client framework exists, what is the best and quickest way to create graphic pages with text that can be viewed through an active doc container app i.e Explorer.There will be a lot of pages Does anyone agree that java is the best method for this.? Or are there any alternatives The application will be placed on the server and downloaded, files will be downloaded a batch at a time and viewed as local pages. I also need to ...

Identify who edited a calendar
When a user has more than one editor designated. Is there a way to tell who added an appointment to the calendar? Using Outlook xp and Outlook 2003 Open the Appointment and look on the attendees page. The organizer is the first one. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, G Gabriel asked: | When a user has more than one editor designated. Is there | a way to tell who added an appoin...

How Do I Create This Doc? -Stationary & Editable Objects on Same P
I am new to Publisher. I need to create a document that will have text boxes and pictures that are included in the document and not editable. Then I need to have stationary editable regions (both text & pics) that are defined. This is so that I can open the doc, insert (for example) a different phone #, address, & a different pic each time I open, it and then print it out. I do this in Word by creating a template and then inserting fields. When I create a template in publisher, then go to open it, the text boxes and pics saved to the template move on the page when I mouseove...

Edit Outlook2002 nk2 (autocomplete) file
Hello, Anyone knows how to edit outlook2002 nk2 (autocomplete) file? Tkanks a lot! DC select the item with the arrow keys and press Del. is the only way to edit it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "DC" <dcc7...

UI Developer // Bay Area
Location: Bay Area Duration: 6 months Pay rate: 40-45/hr Front-end Developer Required Skills: 1. capable of estimating development tasks and meeting deadlines 2. great attention to visual detail and user interaction design 3. cross browser development, testing, and debugging for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, IE 7, IE8 4. front web page creation from detailed mockups/comps 5. AJAX 6. XHTML 7. CSS 8. Javascript 9. XML and JSON10. Java 6, JSP, JSTL/EL and Java Servlets 11. Team oriented, great communication skills Desired Front-end Developer Skills: 1. Familiar with mobile web UIs 2. Familiar with...

Selecting text for editing
I inadvertently enabled a command that prevents me from going into a text box and placing the cursor in a specific location so I can insert or delete text. When I place the cursor in a text box a portion of the text is selected/highlighted; if I click somewhere else in the text box another portion is selected/highlighted. What did I do and how do I fix it? Is the publication a template? If you create a text box manually do you still have this problem? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Camborita" <Camborita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14A78B...

Add-on Developers...
Does anybody know of any other add-on developers for Microsoft RMS, OTHER than RetailRealm, New West Technologies, ADI, EVT, RITE and NBE Solutions? I am trying to "crack" into some new retail markets. I have had some GOOD success. For example, for those who wish to, eGolf has an AWESOME Golf Suite that works like a charm. Talk about a beautiful addition for RMS. Talk to you all soon We focus on the needs of independent specialty retailers including bike, outdoor, sport specialty, and hardgoods verticals. Visit: http://www.digitalretailer.com/rmsaddins.htm "Tony Cormack...

iTechArt-Custom Software Development and Offshore outsourcing Company
iTechArt Group - Custom Software Development and Offshore outsourcing Company http://www.itechart.com/ Offshore custom software development company iTechArt - Web site and Content Management Solutions development, CMS consulting: Ektron, Drupal and DotNetNuke iTechArt Group provides high quality custom software development services and offshore software development. On December 2006, iTechArt Group became an authorized Microsoft Certified Partner. This means that our company has been recognized by Microsoft for our vast expertise and authorized to custom software development; provide IT ser...

Is there a developer's edition of RMS?
Hello All, Please forgive the newbie question, but what do developers use when doing RMS customization work? RMS is not included in either the MSDN or Microsoft Action Pack subscriptions, and I didn't see anything on the PartnerSource site other than the Customization Guide. I'm trying to do some customization work for a customer/friend, but neither of us have enough in our budgets for an extra SO + HQ purchase that would only be used for development. What alternatives do I have (besides a bigger budget <grin>)? thanks, randy The Customization guide is the only deve...

Money 2001 Small Business Edition (UK)
Hi, I have lost my Money 2001 CD which I got with my Dell laptop back in 2001, and have been running fine ever since. I installed some software which is now forcing Money to reinstall itself, and I cannot find my CD. So I need to upgrade (which is fine), but which version support the old 2001 Small Business edition? Many thanks, Hi I managed to find out that the version is Personal and Business, not Small Business. Can anyone offer some advice as to which versions are compatible with which? I simply need to access my personal account transactions as the business side was never us...

Edit PO Status Cost Variance Journal-"Item is using the Average...
Hi, On the "Edit PO Status Cost Variance Journal", in the heading of the report it prints the message "**** Item is using the Average Perpetual valuation method...". Is this just a generic legend that prints, all of the items are set to "FIFO perpetual"? Also, the message "*No GL adjustment made to Cost of Goods Sold/Inventory", what is the condition that would cause the adjustments? Thanks, Glen ...

Professional Data Recovery Software Development Help
Hi! I am the Author of Book titled, �'Data Recovery with & without Programming' (http://www.datadoctor.biz/author.htm)�. I provide ONLINE ' data recovery training' (http://www.datadoctor.biz/DRCguide.htm) (Professional Courses ). If any forum member has any Computer Data Recovery related query or interested in Data Recovery knowledge sharing or You've any Data Recovery Software Programming related issues, I'll be happy to discuss the things. If you�ve any query or comments, feel free to mail me� Regards, 'Tarun Tyagi' (http://www.datadoctor.biz/author....

Starting a macro by editing a cell #2
I would like a macro to be initiated whenever someone edits a particula cell, does anyone now how this can be done? Many Thanks, Yianni -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try something like this in your Worksheet_Change or Worksheet_SelectionChange : If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Not Application.Intersect(Range("A1:A1"), Target) Is Nothing Then runMyMacro jeff >-----Original Message----- >I would like a macro to be initiated whenever someone edits a particular >cell, does anyone now how this can be done? > >Many Thanks, > >...

"Edit list items" on Runtime version
Hi all! Anybody an idea why the "list items edit form" feature for comboboxes ist not working under A07 Runtime? The feature is working under the full version of Access, but not the runtime version... greets, --Michael ...

Can callout developed by .net 1.1 call web service developed by ne
Hi I am developing MS CRM and i need to integrate with other system which implemented by VS 2005 .NET 2.0. The part of integration is when user insert or update company in CRM, then it must be auto update company in other system also. The updating should be synchronizing. What i am thinking is i customized at Post Create, Post Update, Post delete of company entity of CRM, then in the code i will go to call web service which coded by .net 2.0 to proceed modify, or inseret company record in other system. My problem is from what i understand that CallOut has to code and compile by .....

CRM 3 Database Development question
Hi guys, Thanks in advance for any help. I guess, the question relates very much in how I can, in CRM3 to map the campaign response entity to the lead entity, so that I can transport custom fields from one to the other. Problem is, I am not sure how should I do this! I was thinking of creating a custom field on the lead entity and add a Nto1 relationship from the primary key in the campaign response entity to the custom field in the lead entity. But I am not very sure it will work. Anyone has attempted something of the sort? Thanks again, ...

Endnote and 2004 Student Edition
It doesn't look like 2004 student edition supports EndNote. What a disappointment. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions? Noah jacksonnoah@hotmail.com From the EndNote website (http://www.endnote.com/support/en_wpchart_mac.asp): Due to changes introduced by Microsoft in the newly released Office 2004 for Mac OSX, EndNote's Cite While You Write (CWYW) tools are not currently compatible with Word 2004. The tools will not automatically install into Word 2004, and if manually installed they will not function. This is a known incompatibility.��We plan to release a version of EndNo...

Conditional editing
I have worked on Conditional formatting but on one of the project I a presently working requires COnditional editing. I there any way to do this. For example, if a criteria in a cell is true then two or three column as well as rows should get inserted (deleted in case the condition i False) at particular place for taking addtional data. Also is the criteria is met only then it should be possible to edi otherwise not. Please help Thanking you in advance Sudhansh -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You will need to write a macro using VBA to accomplish this. -- Regards, Sa...

Multiple tab workbook freezes during editing
I'm having problems operating a multiple tab worklbook. Excel takes a minute or more to acknowledge a cell change or any operation as a right click. Do you have extensive formatting of your w/sheets such as color fill of cells? -- Russell Dawson Excel Student "Down to my last nerve" wrote: > I'm having problems operating a multiple tab worklbook. Excel takes a minute > or more to acknowledge a cell change or any operation as a right click. ...