Andy1200 (318)
9/17/2009 8:24:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_00C2_01CA3853.F4D6CF80

Andy,

1.0 is not, 2.0 and above are. For a list of compliant applications, =
http://tinyurl.com/2lmfgp

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w  (Stolen from DRS)
=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
------=_NextPart_000_00C2_01CA3853.F4D6CF80

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.18813"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Andy,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>1.0 is not, 2.0 and above are. For a list of =
compliant=20
applications, <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2lmfgp">http://tinyurl.com/2lmfgp</A></FONT></=

<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Search this newsgroup -- <A=20
title=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w">http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w</A>&nbsp; =
(Stolen=20
from =
DRS)<BR>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A title=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz&#10;CTRL + Click to follow =
link"=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #008000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
  <DIV>"Andy" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Andy@discussions.microsoft.com">Andy@discussions.microsoft=
..com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:B75051E9-A344-4C2D-B976-0747E4B9AA87@microsoft.com">news:B75=
051E9-A344-4C2D-B976-0747E4B9AA87@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Is=20
  Microsoft POS (not Microsoft POS 2009) PCI =
compliant?</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00C2_01CA3853.F4D6CF80--

0
cptsoft (1248)
9/18/2009 6:34:17 PM
Thanks so much Jeff. Have a great weekend! Andrea

"Jeff @ Check Point Software" wrote:

> Andy,
>
> 1.0 is not, 2.0 and above are. For a list of compliant applications,
> http://tinyurl.com/2lmfgp
>
> --
>
> Jeff
> Check Point Software
>
> Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w  (Stolen from DRS)
>
> You must be using Outlook Express/Windows Mail or some other type of
> newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment(s).  If you are not using a reader,
> follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>

>   "Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>   Is Microsoft POS (not Microsoft POS 2009) PCI compliant?

0
Andy1200 (318)

RMS pos hanging at tender screen
When choosing tender and choosing one of the tenders and pressing enter using regular keyboard locks the software and it would have to be restarted. If choosing ok in the tender menu it locks but not every time, may be every 8 or 9 transactions. How can this problem be solved Normbest, I have a few questions for you. 1) Do you have any tender types that does not do this? 2) How are you processing Credit Cards? 3) What version of RMS are you running? 4) Does it happen on certain transaction types? Daniel Tech Support techs1@nurol.com NuRol Point of Sale www.nurol.com 404-352-3587 &...

RMS Road Map/PC 2009
We use RMS to support 30 stores. I understand RMS to be supported in the future but new development to stop. PC 2009 is a better product for touchscreen environment. Does anyone know the plan for multi store support. centralized management, centralized data reporting? Thanks It was my understanding that MS changed their stance on RMS and has decided to keep developing it, with POS2009 as a separate product for now. Craig "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DEF537B-B963-47C3-A307-972698B00101@microsoft.com... > We use RMS to support 30 sto...

Where to download POS 2009
Can someone direct me to the download path for MS Dynamics POS 2009 please? Thanks! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0094_01CAF8F1.BF0EDEB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Marisol, You cannot from Microsoft, seems a little strange doesn't it. There are 3rd party websites that have it, otherwise you need to contact = Microsoft and they will send you to a reseller that can download and = send it to you. http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/en/us/products/pos-overview.aspx ...

Microsoft Word containing Excel Chart is opening wrong revision
Hello, I am running Microsoft Word 2008 on a MacBook Pro, OS 10.4.11. I having been working on a new document in Microsoft Word, containing an Excel chart since 11:45am today and have been periodically saving the file all day. I have recently reopened this document and instead of the latest version, it is loading the original 11.45am one (I have looked at the timestamp of the document in the 'Finder') - making it appear that I have lost all my days hard work. Have I really lost it all or is there some kind of versioning system that I have overlooked? Any help wo...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Data Migration Pack 09-11-07
I'm trying to migrate data from Microsoft BCM 2007 to CRM Professional 3.0. I have CRM installed on one server with its SQL database on a separate SQL Server Standard 2005 server. CRM is installed and working properly. The "Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Data Migration Pack" does not work. Is it because SQL and CRM are on different servers? (Seemed odd that the readme has me attach the BCM DB and then the app asks me where the file is. Shouldn't it be asking me for a SQL server and DB, not a MDF file?) Or, is it because the BCM is from office 2007? Any help getting over thi...

SetCustomer internal command error for Custom POS Button
For the Custom POS button, I have one of the buttons to set my customer. I use the Internal Command for the style and my command is "SetCustomer". However, when I try it in my POS screen, I get this error message: "BridgeReceiptor::OnFireEvent An Error occured in the event 'SetCustomer'. Error 5: Invalid procedure call or argument" How can I fix this? Thanks for your help. Ari, If you wanted to select a customer and use the custom POS buttons, th command should be SelectCustomer and not SetCustomer : I want to put the customer's info in my work order....

Microsoft Excel printing options
I have an excel spreadsheet with only one column. 243 lines long though. The column is not big and i could fit 3 of the columns on one page but if i seperate the spreadsheet into multiple columns i cant alphabetize the columns all together. Also i want to be able to go back and add additional rows and realphabetize the rows later. How can i get excel to fill up my pages with the same column and only have 2 pages instead of 7 like it wants to. At work I had a document what was setup to read like a very long column but it was a ..txt document. When i printed it out in wordpad i found an o...

Apply the security patch from Microsoft
--ygkuapzqlp Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="toefarqafcuanbujt"; type="multipart/alternative" --toefarqafcuanbujt Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="rgofixmpukwm" --rgofixmpukwm Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now t...

New Microsoft CRM Community Site
http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/community -- J�rgen Beck MCSD.NET, MCDBA, MCSE, MCT, MVP .NET MCP CRM Application/Installation/Customization www.Juergen-Beck.de ...

Test failed when setting up Juno webmail in Microsoft Outlook.
Following directions to use Microsoft Outlook to view my Juno webmail. Test settings failed. No instructions on what to do next. Anybody have this problem? Juno mail is not supported in Outlook AFAIR - check with Juno. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Linda Gannon asked: | Following directions to use Microsoft Outlook to view my Juno | webmail. Test settings failed. No instructions on what to do next.=2...

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...

Error de instalacion en Microsoft CRM 3.0
Cerca del final, me sale esto: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_LocalTimeToUTC'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_UTCToLocalTime'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_RptBracket'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_GetFormatStrings'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_FindUserGuid'. Invalid object name 'dbo.fn_FindBusinessGuid'. lo que hice fue crear las funciones en las 2 bases de datos que el programa crea, solo para q las encontrata, despues de hacerlo le di retry y termino la instalacion bien. imagi...

Microsoft Home Office and Student 2007 Trial Expiration notice
Popup notifying of expiration of Microsoft Home Office and Student 2007 Trial has begun appearing whenever I want to use Excel files. Says I need to convert to the full product. Trial period of 30-60 days is over, however, I've had this program installed for ~ 2 yrs. w/o any problems at all. I received a Word doc yesterday that I'm suspicious of....may have caused my problems. Popup says that I have to enter 25 character code...I went through this process once ~ 2 yrs ago. Please help a computer illiterate........ Thank you Just enter the key you received when yo...

Stats microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (last 7 days) 04-19-10
"Caveat: Quantity is not necessarily a measure of Quality" Newsgroup.................: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Stats Were Taken..........: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:11:12 GMT Stats Begin...............: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 10:31:01 GMT Stats End.................: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 06:58:39 GMT Days......................: 7 Total No. of Articles.....: 704 Total No. of Characters...: 1972309 Total Volume..............: 1926 Messages Per Day..........: 100.6 Characters Per Day........: 281758.4 Average Daily Volume......: 275 kB Total Posters This Week......

Microsoft Outlook Testimonial Request:
The Honorable Microsoft Outlook Manager: I want applying a grant of Outlook software request, if I can have a full version of Microsoft Outlook with stationery functions. I need having Office Professional 2003 with Outlook for my nomination requests. My testiomonial requires to get a grant of Microsoft Outlook to allow me know about it. If I could have Microsoft Outlook for my personal needs with stuffs. Please help me to get these products to be mailing address. Thanks David Johnson ...

Microsoft Money Portfolio
I am able to use the Investment Toolbox Portfolio Manager with no problems. When I try to use the Portfolio Manager Preview all I get is a single line showing a Grand total of zero. Can anyone help me figure out what is going on or what I am doing wrong? I'm using Vista 64 bit, HP computer with an AMD processor, 6 Gig RAM. Thanks. James In microsoft.public.money, James@nowhere.com wrote: >I am able to use the Investment Toolbox Portfolio Manager with no >problems. When I try to use the Portfolio Manager Preview all I get >is a single line showing a Grand total of zero. >...

Microsoft CRM not available after install
We have installed the CRM client on over 100 PCs. We are attempting to install on an XP box. After an install with no errors we only see Delete and Search Folders under Microsoft CRM in the Outlook Folder List. Also no toolbar is available. I would like to try and help you resolve this problem. Here is the first thing to try: 1) In Outlook, go to Tools-->Options 2) Click the "Other" tab 3) Click the "Advanced Options..." button 4) Click the "COM Add-Ins..." button 5) You should see "Microsoft CRM Outlook Addin", make sure it is checked 6) Res...

upgrade from RMS 2.0 to POS 2009
Is there an upgrade path from RMS 2.0 to POS 2009? I've tried to restore an RMS db to POS 2009 but the import wizard is bombing out. Doug, There is an upgrade path, but it is only one way. You will need to consult the RMS to POS 2009 migration documentation. Basically you have to run a series of scripts before you try to run the wizard. Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-1796 (Fax) On 9/22/2010 10:46 AM, Doug - Mountain POS wrote: > Is there an upgrade path from RMS 2.0 to POS 2009? ...

Look at this internet patch from Microsoft Corporation
--tggauzzasba Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ubvempkmedkceultk"; type="multipart/alternative" --ubvempkmedkceultk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="najkzzzp" --najkzzzp Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help pr...

maximum size of a Microsoft Excel list for a pivot table
What is the maximum size of a list I may use to create a pivot table? In excel help type specifications Chick Worksheet/workbook specification>pivot table specs >-----Original Message----- >What is the maximum size of a list I may use to create a pivot table? >. > ...

Different Sales Rep in a POS transaction
Hi Can anybody tell me if I can have different SalesRep for each line of a POS transaction? I understand that SalesRep is at line level. But, if I select different sales rep for the second line, it gets updated to the other line also. I need to have different sales rep for each line. I am using version 2.0.0113 Cursor to (or mouse-click on) the Sales Rep column and type in the Sales Rep's ID number or press F2 to view the list. Shift-F8 changes the Sales Rep for all line items. J.D. Young Digital Retail Solutions www.digitalretailer.com/RMSaddins "Jo" <Jo@discussions....

On POS (not RMS) Instructions for Changing Noninventory Item Price, Cost, and Volume
We drop ship noninventory items to customers, and when the price, cost, or capacity of an item changes, we want to change it so it is reflected accurately on invoices. However, when we attempt to change the cost, price, and description, a message pops up stating "The item description is already in use." Of course it's already in use, we just want to edit it. Nothing else has changed, same Item Number, same Department, same Category; we're just not permitted to edit it. I can't create a copy, because they would have the same Item Number (UPC) and POS doesn't...

Microsoft Money 2000 Business & Personal
Will this money program run in Windows XP correctly? shouldn't be a problem, Donald. -- Michael Gordon - MVP "Donald Jeffcoat" <d.jeffcoat@juno.com> wrote in message news:042701c35b90$80789430$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Will this money program run in Windows XP correctly? ...

How to make POS to see card as swiped
Hi, Is there any way how to make POS request the authorization code as if the card was swiped directly into the "Credit Card Verification" window? I am able to "prefill" this window with the credit card number and expiration date, using the raw data from the card, but POS still sends out request that is saying the card was manually entered. Any help would be appreciated. ...

$2009 Online Access to Multiple Accounts
I have two checking accounts with one bank. I've set up online access in $2009 Deluxe to one of them. How do I set up online access to the other? It appears that the only option I have is to access one or the other, but not both. Thanks. - John In microsoft.public.money, John Miller wrote: >I have two checking accounts with one bank. I've set up online access in >$2009 Deluxe to one of them. How do I set up online access to the other? >It appears that the only option I have is to access one or the other, but >not both. Same question as before, plus are the...