Invoice Customers On Account - Need Help

When invoice customers on account a "Sales Receipt" is generated and sent to
my epson receipt printer, however most of my corporate clients "account
departments" do not accept a "Sales Receipt". My question is:

1) How do I printer a receipt to say "Invoice" not "Sales Receipt"?

2) How do I send this "Invoice" to my laser printer and not my Epson Receipt
Printer?

~Johnny @ Mr. Inkjet Inc.
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can download 'Invoice' receipt files here
https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/rms/ModifiedReports/

You can use any printer.  Just set the receipt printer for the register in
question to the laser printer you want to use.  You'll want to select a Full
Page receipt format.

HTH,
Tom
--
The worst words in business:
"We''ve always done it that way"

"Johnny @ Mr. Inkjet Inc." wrote:

> When invoice customers on account a "Sales Receipt" is generated and sent to
> my epson receipt printer, however most of my corporate clients "account
> departments" do not accept a "Sales Receipt". My question is:
>
> 1) How do I printer a receipt to say "Invoice" not "Sales Receipt"?
>
> 2) How do I send this "Invoice" to my laser printer and not my Epson Receipt
> Printer?
>
> ~Johnny @ Mr. Inkjet Inc.
0
tomg1 (230)
11/25/2005 6:25:04 PM
Aargh!  Once again a fundamental item that should have been included in the
base package that I will have to pay extra for.  Why wasn't an invoice option
included in the software?  Doesn't MS invoice their customers?

But thanks for the help.  I'm collecting a list of all these extras so that
when I have "extra" cash I can buy the reports/files I need.

MP

"Terrible Tom" wrote:

> You can download 'Invoice' receipt files here:
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/rms/ModifiedReports/
>
> You can use any printer.  Just set the receipt printer for the register in
> question to the laser printer you want to use.  You'll want to select a Full
> Page receipt format.
>
> HTH,
> Tom
> --
> The worst words in business:
> "We''ve always done it that way"
> --
> Stop Fishing for eMail.
>

> "Johnny @ Mr. Inkjet Inc." wrote:
>
> > When invoice customers on account a "Sales Receipt" is generated and sent to
> > my epson receipt printer, however most of my corporate clients "account
> > departments" do not accept a "Sales Receipt". My question is:
> >
> > 1) How do I printer a receipt to say "Invoice" not "Sales Receipt"?
> >
> > 2) How do I send this "Invoice" to my laser printer and not my Epson Receipt
> > Printer?
> >
> > ~Johnny @ Mr. Inkjet Inc.
0
MP (49)
11/27/2005 5:41:02 PM
Hi Tom,

Thank you for your reply, but I went to that link and nothing?? It asked me
for my email address and I receied an email and nothing??

Johnny

"Terrible Tom" wrote:

> You can download 'Invoice' receipt files here:
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/rms/ModifiedReports/
>
> You can use any printer.  Just set the receipt printer for the register in
> question to the laser printer you want to use.  You'll want to select a Full
> Page receipt format.
>
> HTH,
> Tom
> --
> The worst words in business:
> "We''ve always done it that way"
> --
> Stop Fishing for eMail.
>

> "Johnny @ Mr. Inkjet Inc." wrote:
>
> > When invoice customers on account a "Sales Receipt" is generated and sent to
> > my epson receipt printer, however most of my corporate clients "account
> > departments" do not accept a "Sales Receipt". My question is:
> >
> > 1) How do I printer a receipt to say "Invoice" not "Sales Receipt"?
> >
> > 2) How do I send this "Invoice" to my laser printer and not my Epson Receipt
> > Printer?
> >
> > ~Johnny @ Mr. Inkjet Inc.
You can easily modify an existing receipt to print Invoice instead of Sales
Receipt.
Make a copy of the Full Page receipt.
Right-click copy and uncheck read only.
Edit receipt using Notepad.
Press Ctrl-F and type in Transaction.ReceiptTransactionName.
Replace these lines of code:
      <COLUMNHEADER>
         <ALIGNMENT> "&gt;~"            </ALIGNMENT>
         <WIDTH>     PageWidth * 0.40     </WIDTH>
         <TEXT>      Transaction.ReceiptTransactionName </TEXT>
      </COLUMNHEADER>
with this:
      <COLUMNHEADER>
         <ALIGNMENT> "&gt;~"            </ALIGNMENT>
         <WIDTH>     PageWidth * 0.40     </WIDTH>
        <IF><CONDITION> Transaction.Type = TransactionSales </CONDITION>
        <THEN><TEXT> "Invoice" </TEXT></THEN>
        <ELSE><TEXT>      Transaction.ReceiptTransactionName </TEXT></ELSE>
        </IF>
      </COLUMNHEADER>
Save report then go into your Receipt Formats in SO Manager and reassign to
newly created receipt file.
Best thing is this won't cost you a penny.

If you think this is going to be to daunting of a task, make the copy and
call the file Invoice Receipt. Then replace the
Transaction.ReceiptTransactionName with "Invoice", then only assign this to
Sales in the Receipt Formats, you can do the same for all transaction types.
Otherwise you can insert nested if statements and use these transaction
types to customize the titles of the receipts:
TransactionWorkOrder
TransactionQuote
TransactionBackorder
TransactionLayaway

Rob

"MP" <MP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Aargh!  Once again a fundamental item that should have been included in
> the
> base package that I will have to pay extra for.  Why wasn't an invoice
> option
> included in the software?  Doesn't MS invoice their customers?
>
> But thanks for the help.  I'm collecting a list of all these extras so
> that
> when I have "extra" cash I can buy the reports/files I need.
>
> MP
>
> "Terrible Tom" wrote:
>
>> You can download 'Invoice' receipt files here:
>> https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/rms/ModifiedReports/
>>
>> You can use any printer.  Just set the receipt printer for the register
>> in
>> question to the laser printer you want to use.  You'll want to select a
>> Full
>> Page receipt format.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Tom
>> --
>> The worst words in business:
>> "We''ve always done it that way"
>> --
>> Stop Fishing for eMail.
>>

>> "Johnny @ Mr. Inkjet Inc." wrote:
>>
>> > When invoice customers on account a "Sales Receipt" is generated and
>> > sent to
>> > my epson receipt printer, however most of my corporate clients "account
>> > departments" do not accept a "Sales Receipt". My question is:
>> >
>> > 1) How do I printer a receipt to say "Invoice" not "Sales Receipt"?
>> >
>> > 2) How do I send this "Invoice" to my laser printer and not my Epson
>> > Receipt
>> > Printer?
>> >
>> > ~Johnny @ Mr. Inkjet Inc.

0
rob242 (534)
11/27/2005 7:24:49 PM
MP,

No RMS maintenance plan? Working the program from the install disk?  That
version is 38 hotfixes ago. Current version is 1.2.0189, install disk is
1.2.0151.

You won't be receiving the 1.3 update next month either!

I would suggest you get it now if you are still in your first year,
otherwise there is a buy 2 get the 3rd year free special going on until Dec.
15th without penalties.

--
*

"Terrible Tom" wrote:

> You can download 'Invoice' receipt files here:
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/rms/ModifiedReports/
>
> You can use any printer.  Just set the receipt printer for the register in
> question to the laser printer you want to use.  You'll want to select a
> Full
> Page receipt format.
>
> HTH,
> Tom
> --
> The worst words in business:
> "We''ve always done it that way"
> --
> Stop Fishing for eMail.
>

> "Johnny @ Mr. Inkjet Inc." wrote:
>
> > When invoice customers on account a "Sales Receipt" is generated and
> > sent to
> > my epson receipt printer, however most of my corporate clients "account
> > departments" do not accept a "Sales Receipt". My question is:
> >
> > 1) How do I printer a receipt to say "Invoice" not "Sales Receipt"?
> >
> > 2) How do I send this "Invoice" to my laser printer and not my Epson
> > Receipt
> > Printer?
> >
> > ~Johnny @ Mr. Inkjet Inc.

0
spam3944 (2163)
11/29/2005 5:27:02 AM
Hi Tom,

I downloaded this..but what are the steps after to get it working...Im a bit
confused
here.  Can you please help out at all?

Johnny

"Terrible Tom" wrote:

> You can download 'Invoice' receipt files here:
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/rms/ModifiedReports/
>
> You can use any printer.  Just set the receipt printer for the register in
> question to the laser printer you want to use.  You'll want to select a Full
> Page receipt format.
>
> HTH,
> Tom
> --
> The worst words in business:
> "We''ve always done it that way"
> --
> Stop Fishing for eMail.
>

> "Johnny @ Mr. Inkjet Inc." wrote:
>
> > When invoice customers on account a "Sales Receipt" is generated and sent to
> > my epson receipt printer, however most of my corporate clients "account
> > departments" do not accept a "Sales Receipt". My question is:
> >
> > 1) How do I printer a receipt to say "Invoice" not "Sales Receipt"?
> >
> > 2) How do I send this "Invoice" to my laser printer and not my Epson Receipt
> > Printer?
> >
> > ~Johnny @ Mr. Inkjet Inc.

2 email accounts and 2 delivery locations
I have 2 email accounts that I use at home. One is from my ISP and the other is our exchange server at work that I can access over my VPN. Is there a way to change the "delivery new e-mail to the following location" so that I have one going to my personal folders (from my ISP) and one to my mailbox on my exchange server (at work)? If I change it for one, it changes it for the other also. Thanks, Tom Use profiles with a single exchange in each profile. One for Exchange delivered to the Exchange mailbox and one for Internet Mail, delivered to personal folders. Mixing profil...

Received not Invoiced #2
When we look at the PO Received/Not Invoiced report the total at the bottom should equal the GL balance of accrued purchases. It never does equal. At what can I look to discover why these two numbers never agree. Check out this post Rich - http://gp2themax.blogspot.com/search/label/Purchase%20Accrual Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com You are correct that the RNI report should match the GL account. Several things change this. Sometimes people post directly to the RNI GL account. This is wro...

how do i generate invoice from excel datafile?
how do i generate invoice from excel datafile? -- jm mailmerge in word "jm" wrote: > how do i generate invoice from excel datafile? > -- > jm ...

Hour function equivelent help
If I want to find out how many minutes there are for times that I have summed, I know I can use the hour function if the compiled time is less than 24 hours. But, what if I want to get the times that are over a 24 hour period, how do I do that? Example: 20:57:46 14:39:10 8:57:24 12:12:12 ------------- 56:46:32 <-- the minutes I'd like to get You can keep the sum as a time, but give the cell a custom format of:\ [mm] Or you could multiply by hours/day * minutes/hour: =sum(A1:A4)*24*60 and format the cell as General (or number) -- but not time. EAB1977 wrote: ...

New account not listed in Net Worth
I upgraded to Money 2003 early this year and everything seemed OK but now I've started a new account for shares bought and although the account is listing in the Accounts List with the correct balance and also in the Investments Report, when I run "What I have now" the new account isn't listed. I tried again with a dummy account called Investment with a $10 balance and the same thing happened. Sorry if this subject has been covered before. Many thanks in advance. Lois. >Subject: New account not listed in Net Worth >From: "L & D" donalhudsonNOSPAM@o...

new custom attribute
how can i see the new custom attribute in the crm webservice i have vs.net 2003 and crm 3.0 thanks. Marv. Follow these instructions and you should be fine: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=HelpCustomizations -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup ---------------------------------------------------------- "Marv" <Marv@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7907B6F0-CE67-402B-81F7-9FEE58...

What is Accounting 2 autoformat
What button do I hit when I am supposed to do Accounting 2 autoformat Yes what is that? You have many versions of Accounting format in Excel based on the currency symbol used. But basically Accounting format postitions the currency symbol to the left and the actual number to the right. Tyro "anita11658" <anita11658@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E90C5E85-B7DF-4839-9EC4-6253EB955EB3@microsoft.com... > What button do I hit when I am supposed to do Accounting 2 autoformat Format>Style>Acct2 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 17:58:0...

help:Infrared Communication
I would like to write an infrared application using Visual C++ 6.0 and Windows xp, #include <winsock2.h> #include <af_irda.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #define IR_SERVICE_NAME "MyServer" #define MAX_BUFFER 4096 DWORD WINAPI ClientThread(LPVOID lpParam) { SOCKET s = (SOCKET)lpParam; int ret; char szRecvBuff[MAX_BUFFER]; while (1) { // // Read data from client // if ((ret = recv(s, szRecvBuff, MAX_BUFFER, 0)) == SOCKET_ERROR) { print...

Error during Invoice Contract
Hi, Below is an exception that I get, in Event Viewer, when I try to invoice a contract. The first contract worked fine. After a while I did the falowing customizations: 1. for Oportunities i've changed a value for a picklist attribute that was created earlyer. 2. I've replaced collumn Attolments Remaning with collumn Qunatity in Contract Lines / Form and Views - Related Contract Line and Contract Line Advanced Find View The next contract that I've tried to invoice gave me the error below. I tried to set all the customization back but the error persists. Any sugestions? ...

Import Wizard successful, but no new account created
I hope I am just missing something obvious, but when I am trying to import from CSV file as a new account, everything seems to map properly, but nothing completes. We have been trying to import using just a contact at a time, trying to figure out exactly how we are going to set up the data, but no matter what, we can't get it to work. It worked the first time we ran the import, and then we deleted the contact, and tried to import the same data again, would not complete. We tried a different contact, would not import. I can't find any events or errors in the system logs on the...

Erro while printing Chart of Accounts
Unable to open dictionary:C:program Files\MicrosoftDynamics/GP/Reports.dic You may have rights a modified report that you don't have. The reports.dic stores modified reports. Can another user on another workstation successfully print the chart of accounts? If so, go to tools --> customize --> customization maintenance to see if the user has any reports listed. -- Charles Allen, MVP "kip" wrote: > Unable to open dictionary:C:program Files\MicrosoftDynamics/GP/Reports.dic Kip, Are the slashes actually facing different ways in the error message you receive? --...

Anyone customized the service module for a consultancy business?
We are thinking och moving to MS CRM and thus wonder if there are any third party product that adopts the service module for a typical consultancy business? Typically that kind of business have a mix of long term assignments, where a consultant can have one or more assignments going at the same time. The system should also keep track of avalible free time that can be sold by the hour for all consultants. It would be really interesting if anyone had a module for handling competencies and avalibility within the same solution - then you could consider both people and competencies to be you...

deleting investment account names
I have Microsoft Money 2002 and wish to remove a few investment account names from the table "update prices". I have removed all entries to the particular investments and they do not show anywhere but in the "update price" table with of course no value. Can anyone tell me how to get the names out of the table? Thank you. Investment Account names or Investment names? (I think you mean the latter.) Portfolio|Work with investments|Delete an investment??? "Stewart" <twoduncans@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bu9l5q$pn2$1@news6.svr.pol.co.uk... > I h...

Reading custom-defined resource
Hello group, I have created a custom-defined resource for my application by adding the following to my .rc file: NAME_WIDTH TYPE_CUSTOM BEGIN 0x4321 END where NAME_WIDTH is the ID name of the resource and TYPE_CUSTOM is the type of the resource. Now, what I want is to read the value 0x4321 from my application. How can I do this? I know that for a string resource, I can call CString::LoadString(IDS_MYSTRING), for example, to get the string resource identified by IDS_MYSTRING. How can I do it for my custom-defined resource to get its value? A sample code or any other reference wi...

Turn off Project Accounting
I'd like to disable project accounting. Besides using customization status, which only temporarily disables the product, and removing it from the dynamics.set file is there a way to turn this product off? Thanks, Craig You could turn off security to the alternate forms and reports it provides. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Craig" wrote: > I'd like to disable project accounting. Besides using customization status, > which only temporarily disables the product, and removing it from the > dynamics.set file is there a way to turn this product off? > > Thanks,...

Functional payment applies to Multicurrency invoice
Hi All another question, how can we calculate realize gain/loss for foreign currency when we apply functional payment to multicurrency invoice? million thanx in advance... ...

Accounting Integration #2
Is there a package out there that integrates with some level of ease with RMS 1.3+. I have a retail sporting goods shop (for about 16 years) that does both retail and wholesale invoicing. I have been using RMS 1.3 for about 3 years and I need to get an accounting package up and running. Does anyone have any suggestions or are there companies that do this sort of integration for you? I am looking for something that will be easy to use since I am a one man opperation. THanks Jamie Hi Jamie, We can offer the integration solution for RMS. Please drop a email to me with details. Rega...

Invoicing (Invoice Entry)
Looking for some guidance on a possible work around for Invoicing without SOP. Is there anyway possible to get either the Standard Cost or the Price List Unit Price to default in when entering Invoices Transactions>>Sales>>Invoice Entry Second question; having a similar issue with calculating taxes. Taxes should be based on whether or not the item is set to taxable or non taxable but as soon as you assign a tax schedule id to the Customer Card everything gets taxed even the items that are setup as non taxable items. I know that SOP would cure all of this but just wondering...

Help
I have outlook 2007 - new installation. As I said in subject new mails go to deleted items instead of inbox folder. I've checked the preferences of mail accounts in tools - it clearly says that the destination folder is "inbox folder" but every new mail goes to deleted items ( no junk folder ! ). Even more: it is marked as read ! In the other hand I'm able to send mails without any problem and they are stored in "sent items" folder. So folks - I NEED YOUR HELP BADLY :-) rgds, Greg Snake Plissken <vico11wywal_to@poczta.onet.pl> wrote: > I have o...

Help with Maps
I may need to be directed elsewhere, but here goes. My wife and I volunteer in the Family Room in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit of our local children's hospital. For many families, this room becomes their home for a few days as the hospital provides bed linens for them and lets them spend the night there. Many familes do so, either because they are from out of town and cannnot get in to the Ronald McDonald House or they are local but their kids are so sick that they want to be close by. I would like to provide a map showing all moderately priced restaurants within a 2 mile radius. ...

custom forms
I modified saved and am using a custom form for new business prospects/contacts. I would like to apply the new form to existing contacts. how do i do that? Either one of these tools will do what you need DocMessageClass http://www.publicshareware.com/public-share-outlook-utilities.php ContactGenie Toolkit - Message Class functions (no purchase required for the MsgClass functions) http://www.contactgenie.com/toolkit_4_outlook.htm Karl -- ____________________________________________________________ Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Ex...

Duplicate invoice numbers
I have a spreadsheet that has 5 worksheets in it, that are purchase ledgers. (One for each week of the month). I would like to know if there is some way to have an error message pop up if someone enters a duplicate invoice number on any one of the 5 worksheets. Thanks Pete Sorry! While I was waiting to see if my message posted, I looked at some of the other questions to see if I could help someone else (not likely, but worth a try) I did find a previous question that was almost the same that was answered. I tried it and it works on one worksheet. Can I get it to work on all 5 at th...

CRM 4.0 Customizations
Hi, I haev customized the LeadSourceCode pick list in the Lead entity adding new items to the list. I've published it OK and when I first go into a Lead record it loads the screen up OK. But when you go back into this record the system crashes with a Null value exception. I can't remember if this only happens after a save of the Lead record or not. Anybody else experienced anything like this. Also, how can you set up the system to provide better error logging (like you can do in sharepoint) thanks Hi Chris, I am having the same problem editing the paymenttermscode pick list....

Last Updated column in Account list not working
I see the "Last Updated" column in the Account List Section of Money2005. How come when I change something each account nothing shows up in that column? Is that just when you do updates via online? Thanks Yes. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Jason&q...

Invoices From Speadsheet #3
What I want to do is so basic, not sure if I can just do it with Excel I just want to be able to create an invioice and pull the products fro my excel spreadshee -- joey250 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- joey2509's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1646 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27819 ...