Inventory Values Copied from Old into New Items

Guys,

When I use the Copy function to create new items from older items, the
invenory values are carried over. In other words, the On Hand, Committed...
field values under the Inventory tab are the same as the source item. Now,
this cannot be correct behaviour, since a new item is independent onto its
own, with its inventory quantities totally unrelated to the item from which
it was originally copied.

Anybody has come across this before? How can I set this right?

Thanks,

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01C92EF5.0E1EBB10

Tom,

Update to a newer version.

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w  (Stolen from DRS)
=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "Tom Bombadil" <Genius_Poster@Yahoo.com> wrote in message =
  Guys,

  When I use the Copy function to create new items from older items, the =

  invenory values are carried over. In other words, the On Hand, =
Committed...=20
  field values under the Inventory tab are the same as the source item. =
Now,=20
  this cannot be correct behaviour, since a new item is independent onto =
its=20
  own, with its inventory quantities totally unrelated to the item from =
which=20
  it was originally copied.

  Anybody has come across this before? How can I set this right?

  Thanks,=20

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01C92EF5.0E1EBB10

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6001.18148" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Tom,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Update to a newer version.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Search this newsgroup -- <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w">http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w</A>&nbsp; =
(Stolen=20
from =
DRS)<BR>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Tom Bombadil" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Genius_Poster@Yahoo.com">Genius_Poster@Yahoo.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:04BD7631-FA1A-4FD5-B20B-C1BAFBB21BF6@microsoft.com">news:04B=
D7631-FA1A-4FD5-B20B-C1BAFBB21BF6@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Guys,<BR><BR>=
When=20
  I use the Copy function to create new items from older items, the =
<BR>invenory=20
  values are carried over. In other words, the On Hand, Committed... =
<BR>field=20
  values under the Inventory tab are the same as the source item. Now, =
<BR>this=20
  cannot be correct behaviour, since a new item is independent onto its =
<BR>own,=20
  with its inventory quantities totally unrelated to the item from which =
<BR>it=20
  was originally copied.<BR><BR>Anybody has come across this before? How =
can I=20
  set this right?<BR><BR>Thanks, <BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01C92EF5.0E1EBB10--

0
cptsoft (1247)

copy comments to word
Hi, I'm having difficulties writing code to copy comments to word. I'm confused on the "Selection" and/or "Range" Values and how to use them in this situation. I need to be able to highlight a range of cells in excel... Then, copy all the comments in the selected area to a word document. I have ran across code that will copy the whole workbooks comments but that is not needed for this. Thanks for all the help. Strikker The following code will copy the comments in the selected range to Word: '============================== Sub CopySelectionCommentsToWord...

Set Me.hiddentxt some value for Button on form txtdatabox exit eve
Hi O' knowledgeable fundis, I would like to place an indicator value in a hidden txt box on my form in the "On Exit" event of a field so that I can know which button triggered the exit. Is this possible as I can't seem to find a way. Any method of recording that activity would be great. You have to be a little more specific. You want to trigger an event on the on exit of a textfield and want to know what triggered it? Probably the on exit event i presume. But if i want to know which button was pressed or which control did something i record it using the m...

Get Month name from Date value in cell
I'm trying to get the month from a date representation as follows ... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column = 3 And Target.Cells.Count = 1 Then Dim strDate As String strDate = Format(Target.Value, "mmmm") Range("A20").Value = strDate Else Exit Sub End If End Sub The error I am getting is ... "Object Required" on the ... strDate = Format(Target.Value, "mmmm") ... line by which I'm guessing Target.Value is not being seen as a date type ... A...

Can Excel send automaticaly e-mails depends on cell value
Dears. Hello, I have question about automaticaly sended e-mails by Excel. If I have a some worksheet which is analyzing data, can Excel send automaticaly e-mail to someone if result of analyze is wrong (out of limit for example). It means Excel will send e-mail depend on cell value. Thanks in advance. (sorry for my english) Hi You should be able to acheive your request without too much trouble i you are familar with vba. You will need to setup a macro to check the cells value and then us excels mail tools to send the email. Look here for some very good example http://www.rondebruin....

Picklists
Say I have a picklist called 'Type', that has 10 values. When I open Account ABC the Type = Customer. Now I delete the value Customer out of the picklist. Then when I open Account ABC, the value is removed out of the picklist BUT all the accounts maked Customer now have a blank/null value displayed as the picklist value. So the text label for Customer is gone. However, if I query via Adv Find and use the integer value that represents Customer, all the accounts still return. Is there any way to delete a value out of the picklist and still keep the text that was deleted as the...

Outlook isnt saving my sent items
Hi, I have just noticed that Outlook hasnt been storing my sent items for the past 3 weeks, does anyone know why this might have happened? Thanks for your help Check Tool/ Options / Email options The check box "Save copies of messages in sent items folder" must be checked Cop >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have just noticed that Outlook hasnt been storing my sent items for the >past 3 weeks, does anyone know why this might have happened? > >Thanks for your help > > > >. > Thanks for your reply, but 'Save copies of messges in...

Deactivate field based on other field value
What I need to do is have some of the fields on the form deactivated (grayed out) untill the value in the preceding field is a certain value or text. I can't use conditional formating because I would need to use the values in the object fields to be the conditions. In this case I need a the value of a different field to be the condition. What is the best way to do this. Thanks in advance. YOu could place code in the before or after update to enable and disable the controls. I would have one function that updates all the forms controls and have each of the other controls call the o...

Picture of Item
Hi, We would like to store a picture of each item against the item code in GP IV. So that when ever the Item is entered, a popup screen to show the image so that users are confident that they have made the right choice. What would be the easiest way to do this. Any ideas based on similar engagements would be appreciated. I am not sure if there is a way to accomplish this without modify the system. I have modified the Payable Transaction Entry screen to display bitmap images of scanned invoice for the selected Invoice number. Unless there is another way to do it, this process should not...

Home inventory reporting
Does Money 2006 have any reporting capabilities for the home inventory module? I've checked Money's home page, the faq for this group, but have not found anything at all. Here's hoping... Thanks, Tom "Tom" <t.g.mcclellan at gmail.com> wrote in message news:D8136063-3878-4EDA-B977-D6E5D94FE06B@microsoft.com... > Does Money 2006 have any reporting capabilities for the home inventory > module? I've checked Money's home page, the faq for this group, but have > not > found anything at all. It does have a home inventory module. I don't use...

ensuring two fields do not have same values
Good morning all, I have a table that has a unique identifier key, ID, but there are two other fields PNID and PLID that cannot be the same in more than one record: Example ID PNID PLID 1 5 5 2 5 3 3 5 5 duplicated with ID = 1, so not allowed. Is there any way to check for these inconsistencies within the table properties, or would I have to create a query to ensure these duplicates are not present? PNID and PLID are not keyed. thanks for the help Tim Create an index on PNID and PLID and set its Uniq...

Inventory price problems
A recent problem has ben found with inventory pricing. When a retail price is changed, all items in all departments are changed to the same price. When viewing the prices in inventory list, they are correct. Opening the properties window shows a different price. Oh - your issue reminds me of the really wicked pricing issue in 1.3.1003. This issue effects both HQ and SO. When you look at your item list - you see different pricing, but if you open an item, modify (or maybe not even modify) pricing, then OPK to save and open the next item, the next item will pick up the prior's price...

copying attachments to a folder
Is there an automatic way to achieve this - rather than selecting each attachment from a set ofmessages and copy and paste them to the destination?? TIA //al In news:18eg6d5asdx3y$.9ktm5lyio975$.dlg@40tude.net, al jones <alfredmjones@shotmail.com> typed: > Is there an automatic way to achieve this - rather than selecting each > attachment from a set ofmessages and copy and paste them to the > destination?? TIA //al What version of Outlook? In OL2002/2003 I believe you can open the message, select File | save attachments. On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 00:33:31 -0500, Lanwench [MVP...

Script running other scripts return values
hello I've got series of VB scripts that I run manually buy clicking on them, Can't I have one script that runs all of them? I would want to check a returned variable to is one script has a failure, the later one won't get executed. Can't I just use the .Run method? How do I return a value from one script, and read it in the other script? Thanks "Bill" <someplace@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:e72gZtg7KHA.5644@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > hello > > I've got series of VB scripts that I run manually buy clicking on...

new vets-100a form
There is a new vets-100a form that is due in Sept 2009. GP currentyl supports the old vets-100 form. Is GP going to supoprt the vets-100a form? ...

Offline inventory and Physical Inventory
I assume that any inventory that is "Offline" in RMS can be ignored when doing a physical inventory. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks, Charles The off line inventory is separate from the quantity on hand, so yes - it should be ignored for the physical count. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Charles" <ccoutret@avilaretail.com> wrote in messag...

Delete values and preserve formulae
I've made manual alterations to a Summary sheet, in the form of inserting formulae. The sheet is worked on by an addin. The alterations are to cells NOT operated on by the addin. Say the range containing new formulae is M1:P54. How do I clear values in this range, but preserve the new formulae, before saving the sheet back to the original file? My idea is that the addin will run as normal, and produce the Summary sheet. However, for certain files, the Summary sheet will contain additional formulae which will take the values computed by the addin and do other things. Regards. --- Outgo...

better way to copy data from an embedded html box
i have some fields from a browser window pasted into excel. the become shapes when pasted into excel. i give the shapes names starting with box 1 to box ?, depending on what's been pasted into excel. when one shape is selected, it shows the following the the formula bar: embed("forms.html:text.1",""). right now i have some code that will copy the data from the field: With ws.Shapes("Box " & i) Selection.Verb Verb:=xlPrimary SendKeys "^A", True SendKeys "^C", True end with this wor...

Finding the low value of a range of values
Hi i have the formula below to find the high value(columnC) between tw times as shown in the 1 hour table at the bottom. How would i need to modify this formula to search for the LO value(column D),just swapping MAX to MIN and altering the references t the C column to D is not enough,what else do i need to do? =SUMPRODUCT(MAX(($A$3:$A$1000>=M3)*($A$3:$A$1000<=N3)*($C$3:$C$1000))) 5 MIN TIME OPEN HIGH LOW CLOSE 15:50 1.8394 1.8396 1.8393 1.8396 15:45 1.8396 1.8396 1.8393 1.8394 15:40 1.8389 1.8396 1.8389 1.8396 15:35 1.8389 1.8391 1.8389 1.8389 15:30 1.8385 1.8393 1.8385 1.8389 15:2...

ListBox do not display items from linked xls table
Dear Colleagues, Please advise what may be wrong, access stopped to display items from linked excel table? In the same time, if I link access table it works properly. I think it became after recent october updates, but I am not shure. Thank you in advance On Oct 18, 11:17 am, Sergey <sdol...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear Colleagues, > > Please advise what may be wrong, access stopped to display items from > linked excel table? > In the same time, if I link access table it works properly. > I think it became after recent october updates, but I am not shure. > > Than...

Copying FRx reports company to new machine
Just re-installed mas90/FRx on a new machine, but can't figure out how to bring over my company, named VSI. Where are the files, or how do I tell where it's located in order to hook in all the work I've done to the new installation of FRx??? First, you should have just cut out the part about MAS 90. Yuk. :) Do you still have access to the old machine? Without being able to log into FRx from an existing machine, it's going to be difficult to determine where the files were/are located. Do you know if the files were installed on the c drive of the old machine or on the net...

Files in folder Windows.old in Vista
I have installed Ultimate on a Business version and then received the Windows.old folder. I want to delete it but have found same working files in old path than in the new. It appears that Windows updates the working files in both folders. Are they mirrored or copies. I changed the name of one file in old - corresponding file in the new folder received the same name. If I delete files from Windows.old will they be deleted from current folder too? "HBj" <HBj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D90C20-D766-48D2-AA9C-D0FF7097DEBA@microsoft.com... ...

home inventory software
does microsoft money contain a home inventory portion. alone the same lines: does any of the quicken financial software packages offer the home inventory portion. http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/comparison.asp http://www.quicken.com/quickensw/sidexside/ home inventory is in money standard 2003 but looks like 2004 does not contain this feature. there might be more free options with taxcut/turbotax purchase after first of year. >-----Original Message----- >does microsoft money contain a home inventory portion. >alone the same lines: does any of the quicken financial &...

quantities on order by Item by store from HQ
We are currently on 1.20157 of RMS. I have 5 locations on Store operations and HQ. We need to be able to see quaintly on order by store, by item. Currently RMS lets you see the total on order for an item, but not how much is on order for each location. Is it possible to get this information? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft...

Total Account Value Makes No Sense
I have two CDs recorded in Money 2005 Investment Account. One CD is worth about $11,000, the other about $29,000. To me, that means the "Total Account Value" listed should be about $40,000. Instead, I see $69,000. This is the sum of the smaller CD plus two times the amount of the larger CD. Any explanation? TIA ...

Keyboard Shortcut for "Paste Values"?
Hello Please help - the keyboard shortcut for "Paste" is "CTRL-V". What is the shortcut for "Paste Values" [i.e., the equivalent using the mouse to click "Paste - Paste Special - Values - Ok"?] Thank you!! I do not know one but there is a button for it. Right click toolbar, customize, Commands, Edit, Paste Values (icon) "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78D10DD9-385F-4B9F-BEC7-82A4CCB3CD4E@microsoft.com... > Hello > > Please help - the keyboard shortcut for "Paste" is > "CTRL-...