Inventory transfer out #2

Can someone tell me which is the best way to move items that are broken or
bad out of the inventory? Right now we do this using the manage offline
inventory but I don't know if it will work better to do this using the
transfer inventory out feature. Please help!
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I believe that you would actually transfer out from the offline inventory
window. If you're returning from customer in POS you would return the item
to a "return to offline inventory" reason code. Then go to Manager |
Inventory | Manage offline inventory. From there you choose the items you
want to transfer , and click on trasfer out. Then you pick the vendor you
want to transfer to.
Craig

"Claudia Stevens" <ClaudiaStevens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:4C204128-988B-45EC-9024-0F17AB1D8F73@microsoft.com...
> Can someone tell me which is the best way to move items that are broken or
> bad out of the inventory? Right now we do this using the manage offline
> inventory but I don't know if it will work better to do this using the
> transfer inventory out feature. Please help!

0
craig6967 (916)
5/17/2006 11:08:17 PM
Thank you very much for the quick answer. It sure helps

"Craig" wrote:

> I believe that you would actually transfer out from the offline inventory
> window. If you're returning from customer in POS you would return the item
> to a "return to offline inventory" reason code. Then go to Manager |
> Inventory | Manage offline inventory. From there you choose the items you
> want to transfer , and click on trasfer out. Then you pick the vendor you
> want to transfer to.
> Craig
>
> "Claudia Stevens" <ClaudiaStevens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:4C204128-988B-45EC-9024-0F17AB1D8F73@microsoft.com...
> > Can someone tell me which is the best way to move items that are broken or
> > bad out of the inventory? Right now we do this using the manage offline
> > inventory but I don't know if it will work better to do this using the
> > transfer inventory out feature. Please help!

Claudia, did you find a way to eliminate items from the List of Offline
Inventory once you have transferred them out to a supplier?  We use this
feature and agree the list continues to grow.  We thought once we transferred
them out to a supplier that they would disappear from this list.  Are we
missing a final step, or, how do you clean this up from becoming too large to
manage?  Thank you.

"Claudia Stevens" wrote:

> Thank you very much for the quick answer. It sure helps
>
> "Craig" wrote:
>
> > I believe that you would actually transfer out from the offline inventory
> > window. If you're returning from customer in POS you would return the item
> > to a "return to offline inventory" reason code. Then go to Manager |
> > Inventory | Manage offline inventory. From there you choose the items you
> > want to transfer , and click on trasfer out. Then you pick the vendor you
> > want to transfer to.
> > Craig
> >
> > "Claudia Stevens" <ClaudiaStevens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:4C204128-988B-45EC-9024-0F17AB1D8F73@microsoft.com...
> > > Can someone tell me which is the best way to move items that are broken or
> > > bad out of the inventory? Right now we do this using the manage offline
> > > inventory but I don't know if it will work better to do this using the
> > > transfer inventory out feature. Please help!

0
retailer (2)
10/3/2006 7:11:02 PM
They will be removed from your offline inventory when you transfer them out
because they aren't there anymore. At least that's what happens when I do a
transfer out.
Craig
"Bike Retailer" <Bike Retailer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Claudia, did you find a way to eliminate items from the List of Offline
> Inventory once you have transferred them out to a supplier?  We use this
> feature and agree the list continues to grow.  We thought once we
> transferred
> them out to a supplier that they would disappear from this list.  Are we
> missing a final step, or, how do you clean this up from becoming too large
> manage?  Thank you.
>
> "Claudia Stevens" wrote:
>
>> Thank you very much for the quick answer. It sure helps
>>
>> "Craig" wrote:
>>
>> > I believe that you would actually transfer out from the offline
>> > inventory
>> > window. If you're returning from customer in POS you would return the
>> > item
>> > to a "return to offline inventory" reason code. Then go to Manager |
>> > Inventory | Manage offline inventory. From there you choose the items
>> > you
>> > want to transfer , and click on trasfer out. Then you pick the vendor
>> > you
>> > want to transfer to.
>> > Craig
>> >
>> > "Claudia Stevens" <ClaudiaStevens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> > message news:4C204128-988B-45EC-9024-0F17AB1D8F73@microsoft.com...

0
craig6967 (916)

------=_NextPart_000_0342_01C6E6F8.DD632CE0

Bike,

Did you Transfer Out, Issue, Issue All and then Commit yet?  Sounds like =
you haven't yet.

--=20
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

  "Bike Retailer" <Bike Retailer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message news:7A6727D1-64C8-47AC-9554-C3D8BB55C0FB@microsoft.com...
  Claudia, did you find a way to eliminate items from the List of =
Offline=20
  Inventory once you have transferred them out to a supplier?  We use =
this=20
  feature and agree the list continues to grow.  We thought once we =
transferred=20
  them out to a supplier that they would disappear from this list.  Are =
we=20
  missing a final step, or, how do you clean this up from becoming too =
large to=20
  manage?  Thank you.

  "Claudia Stevens" wrote:

  > Thank you very much for the quick answer. It sure helps
  >=20
  > "Craig" wrote:
  >=20
  > > I believe that you would actually transfer out from the offline =
inventory=20
  > > window. If you're returning from customer in POS you would return =
the item=20
  > > to a "return to offline inventory" reason code. Then go to Manager =
|=20
  > > Inventory | Manage offline inventory. From there you choose the =
items you=20
  > > want to transfer , and click on trasfer out. Then you pick the =
vendor you=20
  > > want to transfer to.
  > > Craig
  > >=20
  > > "Claudia Stevens" <ClaudiaStevens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote =
in=20
  > > message news:4C204128-988B-45EC-9024-0F17AB1D8F73@microsoft.com...
  > > > Can someone tell me which is the best way to move items that are =
broken or
  > > > bad out of the inventory? Right now we do this using the manage =
offline
  > > > inventory but I don't know if it will work better to do this =
using the
  > > > transfer inventory out feature. Please help!=20
  > >=20
  > >=20

------=_NextPart_000_0342_01C6E6F8.DD632CE0

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Bike,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Did you Transfer Out, Issue, Issue =
All&nbsp;and then=20
Commit yet?&nbsp; Sounds like you haven't yet.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a =
reader,=20
follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open =
with=20
newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>**********<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Bike Retailer" &lt;Bike <A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Retailer@discussions.microsoft.com">Retailer@discussions.m=
icrosoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:7A6727D1-64C8-47AC-9554-C3D8BB55C0FB@microsoft.com">news:7A6=
727D1-64C8-47AC-9554-C3D8BB55C0FB@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Claudia,=20
  did you find a way to eliminate items from the List of Offline =
<BR>Inventory=20
  once you have transferred them out to a supplier?&nbsp; We use this=20
  <BR>feature and agree the list continues to grow.&nbsp; We thought =
once we=20
  transferred <BR>them out to a supplier that they would disappear from =
this=20
  list.&nbsp; Are we <BR>missing a final step, or, how do you clean this =
up from=20
  becoming too large to <BR>manage?&nbsp; Thank you.<BR><BR>"Claudia =
Stevens"=20
  wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; Thank you very much for the quick answer. It sure=20
  helps<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; "Craig" wrote:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; I believe =
that you=20
  would actually transfer out from the offline inventory <BR>&gt; &gt; =
window.=20
  If you're returning from customer in POS you would return the item =
<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt; to a "return to offline inventory" reason code. Then go to =
Manager |=20
  <BR>&gt; &gt; Inventory | Manage offline inventory. From there you =
choose the=20
  items you <BR>&gt; &gt; want to transfer , and click on trasfer out. =
Then you=20
  pick the vendor you <BR>&gt; &gt; want to transfer to.<BR>&gt; &gt;=20
  Craig<BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; "Claudia Stevens" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:ClaudiaStevens@discussions.microsoft.com">ClaudiaStevens@d=
iscussions.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in <BR>&gt; &gt; message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:4C204128-988B-45EC-9024-0F17AB1D8F73@microsoft.com">news:4C2=
04128-988B-45EC-9024-0F17AB1D8F73@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;=20
  &gt; &gt; Can someone tell me which is the best way to move items that =
are=20
  broken or<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; bad out of the inventory? Right now we do =
this=20
  using the manage offline<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; inventory but I don't know =
if it=20
  will work better to do this using the<BR>&gt; &gt; &gt; transfer =
inventory out=20
  feature. Please help! <BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt;=20
&gt;</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0342_01C6E6F8.DD632CE0--

0
spam3944 (2163)
10/3/2006 9:33:16 PM
Jeff, you nailed it!  Thanks! We were 'transferring out' and creating the
transfer orders but never happened upon the need or place to issue and
commit. Boy do we feel silly.  We implemented in March and have not figured
out the full process yet - now that the bike season has slowed we're playing
catch up.  Thank you very much.

"Jeff" wrote:

> Bike,
>
> Did you Transfer Out, Issue, Issue All and then Commit yet?  Sounds like you haven't yet.
>

> --
> *
>
> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
> **********
>
>   "Bike Retailer" <Bike Retailer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A6727D1-64C8-47AC-9554-C3D8BB55C0FB@microsoft.com...
>   Claudia, did you find a way to eliminate items from the List of Offline
>   Inventory once you have transferred them out to a supplier?  We use this
>   feature and agree the list continues to grow.  We thought once we transferred
>   them out to a supplier that they would disappear from this list.  Are we
>   missing a final step, or, how do you clean this up from becoming too large to
>   manage?  Thank you.
>
>   "Claudia Stevens" wrote:
>
>   > Thank you very much for the quick answer. It sure helps
>   >
>   > "Craig" wrote:
>   >
>   > > I believe that you would actually transfer out from the offline inventory
>   > > window. If you're returning from customer in POS you would return the item
>   > > to a "return to offline inventory" reason code. Then go to Manager |
>   > > Inventory | Manage offline inventory. From there you choose the items you
>   > > want to transfer , and click on trasfer out. Then you pick the vendor you
>   > > want to transfer to.
>   > > Craig
>   > >
>   > > "Claudia Stevens" <ClaudiaStevens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>   > > message news:4C204128-988B-45EC-9024-0F17AB1D8F73@microsoft.com...
>   > > > Can someone tell me which is the best way to move items that are broken or
>   > > > bad out of the inventory? Right now we do this using the manage offline
>   > > > inventory but I don't know if it will work better to do this using the
>   > > > transfer inventory out feature. Please help!
>   > >
>   > >
>   > >

------=_NextPart_000_04F1_01C6E717.17E0A460

Bike,

How was the show last week?

--=20
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

  "Bike Retailer" <BikeRetailer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message news:0E802EAF-9482-4395-A40E-4E137851BE2A@microsoft.com...
  Jeff, you nailed it!  Thanks! We were 'transferring out' and creating =
the=20
  transfer orders but never happened upon the need or place to issue and =

  commit. Boy do we feel silly.  We implemented in March and have not =
figured=20
  out the full process yet - now that the bike season has slowed we're =
playing=20
  catch up.  Thank you very much.

  "Jeff" wrote:

  > Bike,
  >=20
  > Did you Transfer Out, Issue, Issue All and then Commit yet?  Sounds =
like you haven't yet.
  >=20
  >=20
  > --=20
  > *
  >=20
  > You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader to
  > see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a =
reader, follow
  > the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with =
newsreader"
  > under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
  >=20
  > http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
  >=20
  > **********
  >=20
  >   "Bike Retailer" <Bike Retailer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in =
message news:7A6727D1-64C8-47AC-9554-C3D8BB55C0FB@microsoft.com...
  >   Claudia, did you find a way to eliminate items from the List of =
Offline=20
  >   Inventory once you have transferred them out to a supplier?  We =
use this=20
  >   feature and agree the list continues to grow.  We thought once we =
transferred=20
  >   them out to a supplier that they would disappear from this list.  =
Are we=20
  >   missing a final step, or, how do you clean this up from becoming =
too large to=20
  >   manage?  Thank you.
  >=20
  >   "Claudia Stevens" wrote:
  >=20
  >   > Thank you very much for the quick answer. It sure helps
  >   >=20
  >   > "Craig" wrote:
  >   >=20
  >   > > I believe that you would actually transfer out from the =
offline inventory=20
  >   > > window. If you're returning from customer in POS you would =
return the item=20
  >   > > to a "return to offline inventory" reason code. Then go to =
Manager |=20
  >   > > Inventory | Manage offline inventory. From there you choose =
the items you=20
  >   > > want to transfer , and click on trasfer out. Then you pick the =
vendor you=20
  >   > > want to transfer to.
  >   > > Craig
  >   > >=20
  >   > > "Claudia Stevens" <ClaudiaStevens@discussions.microsoft.com> =
wrote in=20
  >   > > message =
  >   > > > Can someone tell me which is the best way to move items that =
are broken or
  >   > > > bad out of the inventory? Right now we do this using the =
manage offline
  >   > > > inventory but I don't know if it will work better to do this =
using the
  >   > > > transfer inventory out feature. Please help!=20
  >   > >=20
  >   > >=20
  >   > >
------=_NextPart_000_04F1_01C6E717.17E0A460

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Bike,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>How was the show last week?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a =
reader,=20
follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open =
with=20
newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>**********<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Bike Retailer" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:BikeRetailer@discussions.microsoft.com">BikeRetailer@discu=
ssions.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:0E802EAF-9482-4395-A40E-4E137851BE2A@microsoft.com">news:0E8=
02EAF-9482-4395-A40E-4E137851BE2A@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Jeff,=20
  you nailed it!&nbsp; Thanks! We were 'transferring out' and creating =
the=20
  <BR>transfer orders but never happened upon the need or place to issue =
and=20
  <BR>commit. Boy do we feel silly.&nbsp; We implemented in March and =
have not=20
  figured <BR>out the full process yet - now that the bike season has =
slowed=20
  we're playing <BR>catch up.&nbsp; Thank you very much.<BR><BR>"Jeff"=20
  wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; Bike,<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Did you Transfer Out, Issue, =
Issue=20
  All and then Commit yet?&nbsp; Sounds like you haven't yet.<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; *<BR>&gt; Get Secure! - <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of =
newsgroup=20
  reader to<BR>&gt; see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you =
are not=20
  using a reader, follow<BR>&gt; the link below to setup Outlook =
Express.&nbsp;=20
  Click on "Open with newsreader"<BR>&gt; under the MS Retail Management =
System=20
  on the right.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <A=20
  href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A><BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
  **********<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Bike Retailer" &lt;Bike <A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Retailer@discussions.microsoft.com">Retailer@discussions.m=
icrosoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:7A6727D1-64C8-47AC-9554-C3D8BB55C0FB@microsoft.com">news:7A6=
727D1-64C8-47AC-9554-C3D8BB55C0FB@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
  Claudia, did you find a way to eliminate items from the List of =
Offline=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Inventory once you have transferred them out to a =

  supplier?&nbsp; We use this <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; feature and agree the =
list=20
  continues to grow.&nbsp; We thought once we transferred =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  them out to a supplier that they would disappear from this list.&nbsp; =
Are we=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; missing a final step, or, how do you clean this =
up from=20
  becoming too large to <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; manage?&nbsp; Thank =
you.<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Claudia Stevens" wrote:<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt; Thank you very much for the quick answer. It sure=20
  helps<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; "Craig"=20
  wrote:<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; I =
believe that=20
  you would actually transfer out from the offline inventory=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; window. If you're returning from =
customer in=20
  POS you would return the item <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; to a =
"return to=20
  offline inventory" reason code. Then go to Manager | =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  &gt; Inventory | Manage offline inventory. From there you choose the =
items you=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; want to transfer , and click on trasfer =
out.=20
  Then you pick the vendor you <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; want to =
transfer=20
  to.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; Craig<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; "Claudia Stevens" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:ClaudiaStevens@discussions.microsoft.com">ClaudiaStevens@d=
iscussions.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:4C204128-988B-45EC-9024-0F17AB1D8F73@microsoft.com">news:4C2=
04128-988B-45EC-9024-0F17AB1D8F73@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
  &gt; &gt; &gt; Can someone tell me which is the best way to move items =
that=20
  are broken or<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; &gt; bad out of the =
inventory?=20
  Right now we do this using the manage offline<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; =
&gt;=20
  &gt; inventory but I don't know if it will work better to do this =
using=20
  the<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; &gt; transfer inventory out feature. =
Please=20
  help! <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; &gt;</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_04F1_01C6E717.17E0A460--

0
spam3944 (2163)
10/4/2006 1:09:39 AM
We opted out of Vegas this year.  I got married Sept 2 and just got back from
the honeymoon, and we decided to focus our efforts internally for the week to
iron out many of our RMS issues.

"Jeff" wrote:

> [...]
>   >   > > to a "return to offline inventory" reason code. Then go to Manager |
>   >   > > Inventory | Manage offline inventory. From there you choose the items you
>   >   > > want to transfer , and click on trasfer out. Then you pick the vendor you
>   >   > > want to transfer to.
>   >   > > Craig
>   >   > >
>   >   > > "Claudia Stevens" <ClaudiaStevens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>   >   > > message news:4C204128-988B-45EC-9024-0F17AB1D8F73@microsoft.com...
>   >   > > > Can someone tell me which is the best way to move items that are broken or
>   >   > > > bad out of the inventory? Right now we do this using the manage offline
>   >   > > > inventory but I don't know if it will work better to do this using the
>   >   > > > transfer inventory out feature. Please help!

Send 1 address to 2 mailboxes
I want to create an address and have any mail sent to that address delivered to two separate users' mailboxes. How can I do that. I've tried simply adding the address in the two users' "Email Addresses" tab in the User's properties of ADU&C. But it wouldn't allow me to add the same address to the second user ("This email address already exists in this organization"). I've also tried creating a new user for the address and forwarding the email to the 2 other users (Exchange General tab - Delivery Options button - Forward To field). But ...

Links within emails #2
When I click on a link within an email it will not take me directly to that site. I have to copy and paste in the web browser in order to get there. Please help. Thanks. Belinda <Belinda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I click on a link within an email it will not take me directly > to that site. What does happen? -- Brian Tillman Belinda, What you can do is hold down on the CTRL key then click on the link with your cursor and that will bring you to the site. "Belinda" wrote: > When I click on a link within an email it will not take me directly...

Dynamics GP 10
We are getting ready to upgrade our Production server to GP 10 in a couple weeks. Some people that were at Convergence this year heard that there is a way(SQL Script) to transfer the new security that we have set up in version 10 from our Dev server to our Prod server. This would obviously save the need to re-create all the new security roles and access. I have read post that mention some tools you can purchase from vendors but we were curious about an SQL script. Has anyone used such a script to perform this task? Thanks very much Scott T On 7 May, 14:49, Scott Trenholm <bcsa...@ho...

Home inventory reporting
Does Money 2006 have any reporting capabilities for the home inventory module? I've checked Money's home page, the faq for this group, but have not found anything at all. Here's hoping... Thanks, Tom "Tom" <t.g.mcclellan at gmail.com> wrote in message news:D8136063-3878-4EDA-B977-D6E5D94FE06B@microsoft.com... > Does Money 2006 have any reporting capabilities for the home inventory > module? I've checked Money's home page, the faq for this group, but have > not > found anything at all. It does have a home inventory module. I don't use...

Quantities didn't change after an inter-store transfer out.
I work in a sports stadium environment. When our season ends, we empty out each of our stands and novelty carts (each is a store within RMS) and dump everything into our warehouse/main Pro Shop. Upon emptying out one location, and doing a transfer out from SO Manager, the quantities did not change in the transfer out location. They did appear in the transfer-in store however, where they were received. We then transferred the items back into the original transfer-out store, which now as a result shows 2X what it should have on hand. Any ideas how this happened or how I can fix it ...

Outlook 2000 Send/receive #2
I would like to know what's the difference between using "Send / Receive" and "Sychronize" in Outlook 2000. I really need to know this piece of info badly. Thanks!! Send/receive sends and receives your mail items. Synchronize creates a copy of your mailbox items on your Exchange Server on your local .ost. Hope you pass the test. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching goo...

FTP file transfer gets DrWatson32 errors during server reset
greets again. ive got an FTP issue thats been bugging the crap out of me. i have a simple MFC app that, when run, will loop through a folder on the local computer and for each file in that folder: - open a connection to an AS400 server - change directory - put a local file on the server - rename that file if successful - close connection - quit. when i log into the server every now and then (its rare but i do find it) i find the windows error saying the app has experienced a crash, do you want to send a report to MS... after checking DrWatson log files and finally recreating it on our d...

EXCEL caused an invalid page fault #2
HI I HAVE A PROBLEM OF OPENING EXCEL FILE FROM NT SAVER (LAN), THE FOLOWING ERROR MASSAGE APEARS, THIS PROGRAM HAS PERFOMED AN ILLIGAL OPERATION AND THE WINDOW WILL SHUT DOWN. BUT OTHER EXCEL FILES FROM THE SAME SAVER ARE OPENING WITHOUT A PROBLE THIS IS THE PROBLEM DETAI EXCEL caused an invalid page fault i module EXCEL.EXE at 017f:302b8dbf Registers EAX=00000000 CS=017f EIP=302b8dbf EFLGS=0001024 EBX=00000000 SS=0187 ESP=0062cc08 EBP=0062cc7 ECX=0068dc28 DS=0187 ESI=00000011 FS=4cc EDX=00000001 ES=0187 EDI=00000000 GS=000 Bytes at CS:EIP 8b 40 30 3b c7 0f 85 e8 4d e5 ff 57 e8 52 0d d9 St...

How do I stop hyperlinks from opening up 2 identical tabs?
Everytime I click on a link in Microsoft Outlook it opens up 2 tabs for the same link. How do I stop this? It is getting to be irritating. This is the only time that this happens. Purpleforfree <Purpleforfree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Everytime I click on a link in Microsoft Outlook it opens up 2 tabs > for the same link. How do I stop this? It is getting to be > irritating. This is the only time that this happens. Did you ever have Firefox isntalled? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] "Brian Tillman" wrote: > Purpleforfree <Purpleforfree@discus...

Inventory price problems
A recent problem has ben found with inventory pricing. When a retail price is changed, all items in all departments are changed to the same price. When viewing the prices in inventory list, they are correct. Opening the properties window shows a different price. Oh - your issue reminds me of the really wicked pricing issue in 1.3.1003. This issue effects both HQ and SO. When you look at your item list - you see different pricing, but if you open an item, modify (or maybe not even modify) pricing, then OPK to save and open the next item, the next item will pick up the prior's price...

What to do to fill column 2 with part of whats in column 1
Hi All experts, I will try to explain what I would like to accomplish as much as I can. If I had 2 Cells , say A1 and A2. , and A1 has this text "APPLE" My question is how can I fill A2 with "APPLE.PDF". Is it some formula I would need to do this? Also if I had B1 and B2 , and B1 with "ORANGE" - How to fill B2 with "ORANGE.PDF" I hope I have explained what I would like to achieve. Thank you in advance Edwin Mashiringwani On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 01:00:29 +0000 (UTC), "Edwin Mashiringwani" <clarionem@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi All e...

Reapply Service Pack 2 to SBS 2008
We would like to reapply the Windows Server SP2 to an SBS 2008 server we are having a few issues with. If we just apply the service pack it says it is already installed. However, if we look in add/remove programs showing all the updates we can not see anywhere to remove the service pack so we can not remove it to reinstall it. Is there a way we can force the service pack to be installed or manually remove the service pack? If the service pack does not appear in the Installed Updates list, it is because this server was installed using the SBS 2008 with SP2 integrated media. ...

Transfereing to new PC
How do I transfer my message folders and contents to my new PC and retain them as they appeared in Outlook on the old PC. I need easy access to old messages. Any help appreciated. Hi, Roger. Roger ha scritto: > How do I transfer my message folders and contents to my > new PC and retain them as they appeared in Outlook on the > old PC. I need easy access to old messages. You miss information about Outlook version in use... Supposing you are using OutlookXP or Outlook2003, you can have a look at this Knowledge Base article for making abackup of your data (including messages, calen...

Offline inventory and Physical Inventory
I assume that any inventory that is "Offline" in RMS can be ignored when doing a physical inventory. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks, Charles The off line inventory is separate from the quantity on hand, so yes - it should be ignored for the physical count. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Charles" <ccoutret@avilaretail.com> wrote in messag...

I want to write some custom rules #2
I want to write some custom rule actions but dont know where to begin. Any ideas where I should be looking? Amb ...

home inventory software
does microsoft money contain a home inventory portion. alone the same lines: does any of the quicken financial software packages offer the home inventory portion. http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/comparison.asp http://www.quicken.com/quickensw/sidexside/ home inventory is in money standard 2003 but looks like 2004 does not contain this feature. there might be more free options with taxcut/turbotax purchase after first of year. >-----Original Message----- >does microsoft money contain a home inventory portion. >alone the same lines: does any of the quicken financial &...

Email Sending Problem #2
I have an Exchange Server 2003.I just installed SP2.Before the installation everthing was woking fine.Users were able to sent mails to eachother and to them-selves.But no after the installation of SP2 following issues arose. 1-Users cant sent mails to eachother on the local domain. 2-Messages sent to themselves go into Drafts, doesnt appear in Inbox items. Kindly Help... Thanks. Please specify what mail client is used. Also specify if OWA works. munawar wrote: > I have an Exchange Server 2003.I just installed SP2.Before the installation > everthing was woking fine.Users were able to...

Email alias #2
Where do you set the alias for your email address? My problem is that my new email address is too long and I would like to change it so that when my clients get email from me, it must only display my company name in the from field, if possible. Please assist Henk It is in your Account Settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Henk asked: | Where do you set the alias for yo...

How do I zero out inventory on HQ for a closed store?
One of our client's stores was closed abruptly and they need to zero out their inventory for that store. Problem is the data for that store no longer exists. Is that a problem? If so, what is the best procedure to zero out that store's inventory so that it no longer appears in Headquarters? Thank you. the way I have fixed this problem before is to export a new copy of the store database from HQ, configure a copy of SO mgr and hqclient to use that exported store database, then log in and transfer out all the inventory to where it went. The tricky part is how to dump all the i...

can not change size of windows for word or excel docs #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Often when I open an excel or word document it opens in a small window in the upper left corner. i can not resize or enlarge the viewing window. I have tried dragging the lower right corner, toggling the green and yellow buttons on the top left, changing the VIEW and selecting the "FULL SCREEN" optin in the VIEW menu. It sounds like you've not applied the necessary updates to Office - SP2 (12.2.0) & 12.2.1, and possibly not the OS X 10.6.1 update. Especially if you're using Spaces the windowin...

Large number of transaction log files #2
I've got around 160 E00*.log files kicking around in the mdbdata directory of an Exchange Server 2003 server. I can't seem to find any references about the number of log files. Is there something I should be doing to reduce the number of log files or is the server ok? Cheers! Colin Never mind, I figured it out. The backup process was failing because of a security password reset and thus not consolidating the log files. :) Cheers, Colin "Colin Bowern" <colinbowern@nospam.indimensions.com> wrote in message news:OduryEI8EHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I&#...

Transfering a Date into a day of the week.
I have a row with dates (01-Apr-2005 to 31-Oct_2004) I am trying to figure out the day of the week in the row next to the date. I would appreciated any help you can provide. Donne ...

Inventory qty problem
We recently completed a physical inventory for a vendor and committed. While checking a specific item, we found that the item quantity in properties was reporting a minus 3 qty when it should have been zero. When viewing the same item in the item movement report, it shows the expected zero qyt. I reindexed the files in administrator but that didn't correct the problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. John -- John G at the Tradewinds Shops This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C6D657.27DF6B10 Content-Type: text/plain; charse...

[ANN] Altsoft releases Xml2PDF formatter version 2.0 beta
Xml2PDF formatter version 2.0 beta September 15, 2004 Altsoft N.V. Altsoft N.V. announces the beta release of the new version 2.0 of its Xml2PDF formatting engine. The main new features of Xml2PDF engine are: improved XSL-FO 1.0 recommendation and 1.1 draft support; complete SVG support; support for XHTML as an input format; complete CSS support in SVG and XHTML; improved client UI; Altsoft Xml2PDF is a .NET based formatting engine for converting various XML-based formats to PDF. It supports XSL-FO, SVG, XHTML, XML+XSLT as an input and generates PDF as an output. Free evaluation...

customizing CFileDialog #2
Hello, is it possible to customize a CFileDialog object, that only directorys are shown and can be chosen. Thanks for any help! Kai Sandner Kai Sandner wrote: > Hello, > > is it possible to customize a CFileDialog object, that only directorys > are shown and can be chosen. > I dont know if CFileDialog can be customized to filter out everything other than directories. You can use SHBrowseForFolder to do just that. --- Ajay CHeckout the OFNKing sample in KB -- Regards Sheng Jiang Microsoft MVP in Visual C++ "Kai Sandner" <ks@polycolor.de> wrote in messa...