Invalid Operation 425

I know there are a few other threads pretaining to "Invalid Operation 425, 
Cash Drawer locked by another application" but the solutions given there have 
not solved our problem.

We have multiple store locations with the exact same set-up but only one is 
having this problem . The problem happens most of the time but not always.

Our set up is 

RMS version 2.0
Printer - Epson Tm-881V
Cash Drawer - APG VB320
OPOS ADK 2.6

Running on Windows XP Pro

Any body have an idea?

-- 
Many thanks
Jack Master
0
4/9/2008 11:59:00 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
860 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 42

Jack - 

Without taking time to go back against all old posts and see what is listed 
and what did not work - here is what I have to offer:

1) Multiple windows user accounts - where users are just 'switching' users, 
not logging off, leaving SO open on multiple Win accounts
2) Receipt printer paper is less that 1 inch in depth - Epson paired w OPOS 
install does not seem to like this
3) Receipt printer is off and or not cabled properly (again OPOS install 
thing) as the receipt printer triggers the cash drawer - so receipt printer 
unable to trigger, cash drawer unable to 'pop' thus listing as locked
4) Make sure SO config is told to 'Share the OPOS with other applications'

Hope something here helps! Have a great day!!!
-- 
Jocelyn


"Jack of All trades, Master of None!" wrote:

> I know there are a few other threads pretaining to "Invalid Operation 425, 
> Cash Drawer locked by another application" but the solutions given there have 
> not solved our problem.
> 
> We have multiple store locations with the exact same set-up but only one is 
> having this problem . The problem happens most of the time but not always.
> 
> Our set up is 
> 
> RMS version 2.0
> Printer - Epson Tm-881V
> Cash Drawer - APG VB320
> OPOS ADK 2.6
> 
> Running on Windows XP Pro
> 
> Any body have an idea?
> 
> -- 
> Many thanks
> Jack Master
0
Utf
4/10/2008 3:13:03 PM
Jocelyn:

Thank you for your response.

We are confident that it is not 1,2 or 4.

We are also confident the printer is on so we will try to eliminate the 
issues surrounding cable quality. Unfortunately it is a remote store so we 
are relying on non-technical staff as our eyes at this point.

Hopefully this works.
-- 
Many thanks
Jack Master


"jocelynp" wrote:

> Jack - 
> 
> Without taking time to go back against all old posts and see what is listed 
> and what did not work - here is what I have to offer:
> 
> 1) Multiple windows user accounts - where users are just 'switching' users, 
> not logging off, leaving SO open on multiple Win accounts
> 2) Receipt printer paper is less that 1 inch in depth - Epson paired w OPOS 
> install does not seem to like this
> 3) Receipt printer is off and or not cabled properly (again OPOS install 
> thing) as the receipt printer triggers the cash drawer - so receipt printer 
> unable to trigger, cash drawer unable to 'pop' thus listing as locked
> 4) Make sure SO config is told to 'Share the OPOS with other applications'
> 
> Hope something here helps! Have a great day!!!
> -- 
> Jocelyn
> 
> 
> "Jack of All trades, Master of None!" wrote:
> 
> > I know there are a few other threads pretaining to "Invalid Operation 425, 
> > Cash Drawer locked by another application" but the solutions given there have 
> > not solved our problem.
> > 
> > We have multiple store locations with the exact same set-up but only one is 
> > having this problem . The problem happens most of the time but not always.
> > 
> > Our set up is 
> > 
> > RMS version 2.0
> > Printer - Epson Tm-881V
> > Cash Drawer - APG VB320
> > OPOS ADK 2.6
> > 
> > Running on Windows XP Pro
> > 
> > Any body have an idea?
> > 
> > -- 
> > Many thanks
> > Jack Master
0
4/10/2008 4:59:01 PM
All of my stores are remote. The biggest issue is typically the cable that 
goes from the receipt printer to the cash drawer. I have found that most new 
locations eliminate this cable and place it with their phone stuff because 
they think it is a weird phone cable. 

Also - we have found that if the Epson is a USB, it can easily come out of 
the comp, with the tight spaces retailers have for desks and cord lengths, if 
the box is slightly moved. We just moved to parallel recently to remedy this 
issue.
-- 
Jocelyn


"Jack of All trades, Master of None!" wrote:

> Jocelyn:
> 
> Thank you for your response.
> 
> We are confident that it is not 1,2 or 4.
> 
> We are also confident the printer is on so we will try to eliminate the 
> issues surrounding cable quality. Unfortunately it is a remote store so we 
> are relying on non-technical staff as our eyes at this point.
> 
> Hopefully this works.
> -- 
> Many thanks
> Jack Master
> 
> 
> "jocelynp" wrote:
> 
> > Jack - 
> > 
> > Without taking time to go back against all old posts and see what is listed 
> > and what did not work - here is what I have to offer:
> > 
> > 1) Multiple windows user accounts - where users are just 'switching' users, 
> > not logging off, leaving SO open on multiple Win accounts
> > 2) Receipt printer paper is less that 1 inch in depth - Epson paired w OPOS 
> > install does not seem to like this
> > 3) Receipt printer is off and or not cabled properly (again OPOS install 
> > thing) as the receipt printer triggers the cash drawer - so receipt printer 
> > unable to trigger, cash drawer unable to 'pop' thus listing as locked
> > 4) Make sure SO config is told to 'Share the OPOS with other applications'
> > 
> > Hope something here helps! Have a great day!!!
> > -- 
> > Jocelyn
> > 
> > 
> > "Jack of All trades, Master of None!" wrote:
> > 
> > > I know there are a few other threads pretaining to "Invalid Operation 425, 
> > > Cash Drawer locked by another application" but the solutions given there have 
> > > not solved our problem.
> > > 
> > > We have multiple store locations with the exact same set-up but only one is 
> > > having this problem . The problem happens most of the time but not always.
> > > 
> > > Our set up is 
> > > 
> > > RMS version 2.0
> > > Printer - Epson Tm-881V
> > > Cash Drawer - APG VB320
> > > OPOS ADK 2.6
> > > 
> > > Running on Windows XP Pro
> > > 
> > > Any body have an idea?
> > > 
> > > -- 
> > > Many thanks
> > > Jack Master
0
Utf
4/10/2008 5:20:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Invalid File Format
When I start Excel I get an initial message that says ssipro97.dot is an invalid format. Any idea why this would come up? It doesn't seem to affect how Excel works, it's just annoyint. ...

Invalid syntax
I get the error invalid syntax for the following line : ( summing up figures in case GetBonus = Yes) Bonus : iif(getBonus = -1;nz(BonusL1;0)+ NZ([BonusL2];0)+ NZ([BonusL3];0) could you help ? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200712/1 Ditch the semicolons. iif( Formula to test,results if true, results if false.) I would guess you want iif(getBonus = -1,nz(BonusL1;0)+ NZ([BonusL2];0)+ NZ([BonusL3],0) peljo via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I get the error invalid syntax for the following line : ( summing up figures...

Entering arithmetic operations
Hello. I'm a 1-2-3 user who is trying to become familiar with Excel. I have a very basic question, and would appreciate any help from experienced users. In 1-2-3, if one opens a sheet and enters "4*5" the cell will show "20". Entering "10/2" will yield "5". But in Excel, even if the cells are specifically formatted as Number, it seems to be necessary to put "=" in front, so that one has to enter "=4*5" or "=10/2". Since the equal sign is in only one place and not on the extended numeric keyboard, I have to ...

invalid handle
hi frds i m very new in vc++ and i m founding too much difficulty in this so plz can any one solve this problem .... actully i m inserting a image in list box using this code ........ everything is returning write thing still it is saying invalid handle after ImageList_Add(hList,m_hBmpNew,0); when i m going to dibug it plz help me BOOL Fun() { // Create 256 color image lists HIMAGELIST hList = ImageList_Create(32,32, ILC_COLOR8 , 8, 1); HBITMAP m_hBmpNew = (HBITMAP) LoadImage( AfxGetInstanceHandle(), // handle to instance "c:\\img.bmp", /...

Invalid Property Value
I have a macro that uses an input form to populate a spreadsheet. There are various validations that run prior to the data populating. On one validation if an incorrect choice has been made from a drop down box a error message prompts the user to select again form the drop down box and will not populate until a valid selection has been made. I am now getting an Excel warning message (exclamation message) saying 'Invalid Property Value' after the spreadsheet has populated which only happens if an invalid selection has been made and corrected from the drop down box. If the ...

OFX
When doing an update from my broker I get the message cannot establish secure communication with the server. Digital certificate is invalid. OFXIE12038. This is new happening in last month. Broker support says problem is Money 2002 not supported so I installed Money 2005 (with some qualms) and of course, still get the same message. I can access the brokerage website OK from Money, just cannot get statement downloads. -- Bill ...

Invalid Procedure Call on Forms
Hello, any suggestions are appreciated! I imported tables from our media database into our membership database. I was going to combine the information so that I could streamline orders with lookup fields but my supervisor didn't like it so... I went back to the media database and now NONE of the form buttons are working. The forms open, and all the reports, queries, and tables open without incident. However, when I click any button on any form (to call up a report, query or another form), I receive an error: "Invalid Procedure Call or Arguement". I tried creating a...

Operation Failed #8
After beta version of Office expired, I tried re-installing my 2002 Office product. Everything seems fine except when I go to send and receive mail. I get message "Operation Failed " every time. Uninstalled, deleted folders for versions 10 and 11. Re-installed but met with same result. ...

Invalid Operation 425
I know there are a few other threads pretaining to "Invalid Operation 425, Cash Drawer locked by another application" but the solutions given there have not solved our problem. We have multiple store locations with the exact same set-up but only one is having this problem . The problem happens most of the time but not always. Our set up is RMS version 2.0 Printer - Epson Tm-881V Cash Drawer - APG VB320 OPOS ADK 2.6 Running on Windows XP Pro Any body have an idea? -- Many thanks Jack Master Jack - Without taking time to go back against all old posts and see what is liste...

Renamed invalid sheet name
I have a routine that opens a workbook to access data and then closes it. It has worked fine for years with XP and Excel 2000. Since changing to Win 7 and Excel 2003 it will no longer automatically open. A warning box appears "Repairs to 'Workbook'" and the message "Renamed invalid sheet name". After closing the message box it renames the worksheet to "Recovered_Sheet 1" and opens the workbook. However, this is a manual process and I need it to be automated as before. What I have found (I believe) is that if the file name includes "...

Invalid object name when I try to create a scaler udf in a stored procedure.
I am trying to create a report that shows a company name, all the advisors in that company, then the company's stats (there should be one row for each company). Each of these come from a different table. The advisors are currently being listed as one per line, which means the company name and the stats are all being repeated unneccesarily. I want to concatinate the advisors, so that all the ones that belong to the same company show in the same cell. I wrote this UDF which is located right before my SP: CREATE FUNCTION [dbo].[ConcatAdvisorNames](@Company as varchar(20)) RETURNS VA...

Refreshing data results in "invalid cell reference"
I imported some data from a CSV into a worksheet. On another worksheet (named Chapel) I referenced the data in a formula: {=SUM(IF(Chapel!$A$1:Chapel!$A$1000=Categories!$A1, IF(Chapel!$C$1:Chapel!$C$1000=Categories!A$30,1,0),0))} This formula works fine. Now, if I go and refresh my data I get invalid references in my formula: {=SUM(IF(Chapel!$A$1:Chapel!#REF!=Categories!$A1, IF(Chapel!$E$1:Chapel!$E$1000=Categories!A$30,1,0),0))} Is there some way to make this work? And why do some references to Chapel change but others do not? Notice that the first reference to $A$1000 is now invalid...

how to use invalidate and validate
I am using DrawRectangle and SetPixel and some other drawing functions over an image displayed in the background. I'm wondering what exactly I should be doing to make sure that when my application regains focus that things were like they were when focus was lost. I'm not quite sure what the Validate functions do, which is part of the problem. -- to reply, remove Big10 from address Andrew, There is only one way to make sure that the drawing is persistant even after another application has been activated (or indeed anything else forcing a redraw, such as the display of a dialogbox)...

illegal operation
every time i try and open an existing or new excel doc it comes up with you have performed and illegal operatrionand you will be shut down it never shuts down but it tells be to contact the vendor if this keeps happening please anyone what can i do to stop this dvdpreec@aol.com ...

Using QSRules outside Store Operations
I'm writing a .NET webservice to post transactions to a RMS database using QSRules. This thread on the forum gave me a great start but for some reason the call to Transaction.Post isn't generating a transaction: http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.pos&tid=f93ecdb7-0218-4b57-a891-f75b8f074aab&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=en-us&m=1&p=1 Any ideas what could be wrong? We have written a few of these...our biggest problem was determining what characters are considered illegal characters ...

Invalidate
Hi, I added a control to a View. So, I believe, that when I call Invalidate(), it effects the control and I get flicker. I am not erasing the background. BOOL CViewX::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC* pDC) { return TRUE; // return CView::OnEraseBkgnd(pDC); } Is there anything else that might be causing it? Thanks, -- dbgrpt.c -1 Computer wrote: > Hi, > > I added a control to a View. > So, I believe, that when I call Invalidate(), > it effects the control and I get flicker. > > I am not erasing the background. > BOOL CViewX::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC* pDC) > { > return TRUE; ...

Operating a small passenger service
I am hoping someone has managed to customise outlook in a way that allows you to use the programe to manage bookings on a small passenger service. I.e input a new booking, number of people, location etc. Then email the days bookings to the different drivers. Maybe it could also be set up to know how many seats are avialale to reduce the risk of double booking? Im using Outlook 2003. ...

The user Id is invalid.
I have been utterly unable to get the SDK to work for me, trying any permutation of credentials, explicit permissions and I always get the 'Server was unable to process request.' error message. I'm trying to access the CRM webservice from another machine, and web references are setup (I hope) correctly. On closer inspection this is the InnerXML field in the details of the exception: <error> <code>0x80041d1f</code> <description>The user Id is invalid.</description> <type>Platform</type> </error> The code that generates it? se...

Invalid Domain Name. Domain name invalid or unreachable
Hi, I am getting following error in MS CRM 4.0 when using Deployment Manager: "Invalid Domain Name. Domain name is either invalid or unreachable". Also when using the Plug-in registration tool, I am getting the same error. And I am not able to register any plug-in. Request you to please provide your inputs. Thanks in advance, help appreciated. Bharat ...

what does an "invalid sam id" meen in Outlook 2007?
I'm trying to import a .csv to Outlook. I keep getting "invalid sam id" message. the error with act3.sam translator message appears also. SAM = Security Access Manager and is not an Outlook related issue. Invalid SAM ID indicates a connection failure with your servers - something changed in your environment which made the SAM ID for the machine you are using invalid between the server and workstation. Are you using BCM? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.c...

Operation Failed #4
Hi All: Over the course of the last few weeks I have been getting the message "Operation failed" on my WIn ME PC. It specifically happens when I Try and send a email. When this happens I usally have to restart. ...

Invalid Database
I am running a small network (3-5 clients) with 1 POS lane. Each of the other computers has the RMS software installed. The master database is located ont the same computer that runs the POS. Here's the problem: When I test the database conncetion through Administrator Config. on any other computer, it says "Connection to the database is made but the database appears to be blank or not a valid Store Operations database." I don't understand how the database could be invalid if the POS is able to run from it. Secondly: When I try to open Store Operations...

error msg "the operation failed" when sending email to 40 addresse
I created a new profile as suggested. I cleaned my registry. Restarted the computer. No change And if you send to only 20? BajanOne wrote: > I created a new profile as suggested. I cleaned my registry. Restarted the > computer. No change ...

New Message to Contacts error "Operation Failed"
In an effort to find a *reliable* mechanism for sending mass email, we have migrated from the use of Folders, to Distribution Lists, to (finally) "Categories". This seems to be the natural migration as limitations and/or buginess was discovered in the preceeding mechanisms. Still not reliable it seems. We have a Public Folder of Contacts for which we maintain Category membership. When we want to email to a group of people, we select the Category, then pull down Actions, New Message to Contact. We get the normal warning "Not all contacts have email addresses&...

Invalid Domain Name. Domain name invalid or unreachable #2
Hi, I am getting following error in MS CRM 4.0 when using Deployment Manager: "Invalid Domain Name. Domain name is either invalid or unreachable". Also when using the Plug-in registration tool, I am getting the same error. And I am not able to register any plug-in. Request you to please provide your inputs. Thanks in advance, help appreciated. Bharat On this posting there is some code to help you list the domains active from the machine you wish to install CRM 4.0 on. create this inside a .vbs file and run it using cscript from the system32 folder and it listed mine correctl...