Incorrect Tax-Inclusive Reports

Has anyone else noticed that the tax-inclusive reports in HQ and Store
Manager give false information? The sales totals after tax are based on
(TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity) -
TransactionEntry.SalesTax. The totals of (price * quantity) already exclude
tax! They are taking it out twice, which gives falsely lower sales totals. I
have corrected the report for myself, but before I contact Microsoft, I would
be interested to know if anyone else has brought it to their attention.
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

price column is including tax on our set up base on the price source. So the
report work perfectly well.

"lclemente" <lclemente@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone else noticed that the tax-inclusive reports in HQ and Store
> Manager give false information? The sales totals after tax are based on
> (TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity) -
> TransactionEntry.SalesTax. The totals of (price * quantity) already
> exclude
> tax! They are taking it out twice, which gives falsely lower sales totals.
> have corrected the report for myself, but before I contact Microsoft, I
> would
> be interested to know if anyone else has brought it to their attention.

> signature database 4965 (20100322) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4965 (20100322) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
paulo
3/22/2010 6:02:17 PM
The tax-inclusive reports are meant to be used when tax system is VAT.  If
you're in the US, do not run this report - run the counterpart (ie,
Department Cost/Sales, not Department Cost/Sales Tax Inclusive) - hope this
helps...

"lclemente" wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed that the tax-inclusive reports in HQ and Store
> Manager give false information? The sales totals after tax are based on
> (TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity) -
> TransactionEntry.SalesTax. The totals of (price * quantity) already exclude
> tax! They are taking it out twice, which gives falsely lower sales totals. I
> have corrected the report for myself, but before I contact Microsoft, I would
> be interested to know if anyone else has brought it to their attention.

Crystal Reports Access Denied
When I try to view the list of reports I get the following error. Cyrstal Reports Logon Error Please verify that you have enough cyrstal licenses. When I add my test user to the Domain Admin group the error goes away. This says to me that the problem is not a license error but a file permissions error. I can not for the life of me figure out were to increase permissions. The IIS logs show the 401 but do not specify which file or folder. In turn IIS is blocking the error from registering in FileMon. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. River Cox USArchive and Imaging Services. Riv...

EXPENSE REPORTING-HELP!!
We are using GP 7.50 and want to begin reimbursing employee expenses on their payroll check but am not sure how to set this up in GP. Do we continue to enter as A/P invoice but select the payroll checkbook as where it will be issued or is there another module that does this for you?? Can anyone please give me some input on how they handle this. I need some direction here fast. Thanks so much Barb ...

Incorrectly scaled graphics
I would be grateful if someone could suggest ideas or solution. A correctly sized JPEG (BMP or Tiff) imported into Excel 2000, 2002 or 2003 is printing out - scaled incorrectly. Mac Excel 2001 is fine. If I draw an object (ruled box) at 8cm x 8cm the object is dispro'd on print. I can't find any mention on Knowledgebase and have tried every conceivable option I can find in prefs. I sure this is a simple fix, but the blatantly obvious is not apparent to me! PS: I've excluded screen resolution and OS level problem for Win98 and Pro XP and have tried a office repair for Excel XP. If I...

RR Import Utility
We have stores in different states, so we assign different item taxes to different stores for each item in our HQ database. Normally when we create a new item we start by copying an existing item. This also copies the tax assignments for each store for the item and makes item creation easier. We have started to use the RR Import Utility to import certain new items, but RR has not yet given us a proceedure for easily updating the store item taxes for the imported items. Does anyone out there know how to do this? When we import an item using the Import Utility, do we have to go into e...

Help with Report
I'm trying to create a report based on a query. The data source (query and subsequent table) has about 15 columns and as many records. I need to create a report that lists each record's primary key followed by the results of any record that's <> null. E.g., (primary key) Blue Red Yellow (primary key) Red (primary key) Orange Green (primary key) Pink Blue Black I could easily do this with the report wizard or auto report; problem is, however, that null records show up. I could omit the null records, but then I'll have spaces in between records. Thoughts? alex ...

New Confusion on Taxes Withheld from an Invoice Payment
How do I treat this? I bill a client for $200. This client needs to withhold state and federal taxes, so the net check is $179.36. There are 4 line items for Medicare, SS, Fed Tax and State SDI. How do I show the invoice as paid and how do I get the individual tax items into a proper place ( and where would that be to show actual taxes withheld on next years report) all while keeping my bank balance accurate? Very confused as to how to proceed on this one. Thanks. ...

investment type incorrect
I input a new investment and hit the return quickly. It entered the investment as a BOND. It should have been a MUTUAL FUND. It was entered as a symbol and now I cannot remove the symbol from my list. Unfortunately, bonds do not track like a Mutual Fund. How can one delete an investment from their list. I also have many funds that I no longer have interest in, but can't get rid of them. Help In microsoft.public.money, Jack wrote: >I input a new investment and hit the return quickly. It >entered the investment as a BOND. It should have been a >MUTUAL FUND. It w...

Fixed assets
Hi, Can anyone give any advice on Fixed Assets? I have a customer who hasd retired a fixed asset (it was sold) but it does not appear on the retired transaction report. Other assets appear on the report but not this one. All other details appear fine and it appears in the retirement enquiry window as expected. Thanks Jean -- JB Make a backup of your data and run the reconcile utility for fixed assets "JB" wrote: > Hi, > > Can anyone give any advice on Fixed Assets? I have a customer who hasd > retired a fixed asset (it was sold) but it does not appear on the re...

Tax Detail Report with Receivables Management
Hi; I found a KB document to show step by step on how to generate a tax detail report for Invoice Entry. However; I did not see any similar step by step procedure on how to generate tax detail report with Receivable Management, does anyone how to do it? I need to show the tax detail per RM entry. -- Kane Hi Kane, did you try using smartlist sales>receivables transactions then you can add columns for Tax ID, Tax amount etc. "Kane" wrote: > Hi; > > I found a KB document to show step by step on how to generate a tax detail > report for Invoice Entry. Howe...

Incorrect values on pivot chart???help!!!
I have a pivot chart with the names/technicians/codes...When I change to the month of July it only shows like three patients. I have approximately 200 entered in. It appears to work fine for all other months. It just will not work for this one. I have had alot of trouble with the grouping feature for the months to try to show what is happening per technician, per doctor, per month...Any suggestions? -- ultrasounds4u Does the pivot table source range include all the July rows of data? To check, right-click on a cell in the pivot table Click PivotTable Wizard Click the Back button to g...

The parameter is incorrect
An error "The parameter is incorrect" is encopuntered when drag and drop an Email from Outlook to Winodws explorer for uploading doc to sharepoint portal. Thx! DH Does it work if you restart outlook? (and keep working as long as you don't open one of the messages from explorer). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:...

Reports 01-26-04
We have installed CRM 1.2 on a Windows 2003 Box. All the Reports are giving the following or similar error: File frs://Input/a_150/001/000/406/a0433d640517cf8.rpt not found on File Repository Server. File frs://Input/a_150/001/000/406/a0433d640517cf8.rpt not found on File Repository Server. Please advise. Omar Publish the reports again, you will also need to republish your custom reports "Omar Ghory" <omar.ghory@curemd.com> wrote in message news:u5iAyyC5DHA.488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > We have installed CRM 1.2 on a Windows 2003...

Action Promised field shows incorrect details
In Collection Management we created 2 action ID's 'Send Letter' and 'interest'. Then ran a query to select customers that need to be send a first reminder (trx > sales > build query). Then we want to print these reminders for the selection of customers created (trx > sales > query letters). As we use the first reminder here, the action SEND letter is taken. Then we want to print (here for the same query, normally you would first create another query) a reminder for interest to be paid (after X days due), and we print the letters. Here the letter is Inter...

Incorrect time on IMAP in box
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: imap Regardless of multiple efforts, the TIME displayed on incoming messages shows 09:56:***PST. Can anyone explain or offer a suggestion as to how to correct this issue. Is there a separate clock perhaps on the motherboard? Thanx for any help. On 12/12/09 6:48 PM, in article 59baee9a.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "RareHero@officeformac.com" <RareHero@officeformac.com> wrote: > Processor: Power PC Email Client: imap Regardless of multiple efforts, the > TIME displayed ...

Payroll Tax update
How do I grant rights to DYNSA to do a payroll tax update? For some reason 'sa' is not a user and we have been unable to add it as a user. We are unable to update our payroll taxes. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Tracey D ...

Issue creating a report from criteria
I have a form that I have unbound fields to choose a beginning and ending date to get a report to print After pressing a button. Below is the code I have written to accomplsh the task. Unfortunately I get a run-time error '2498': An expression you entered is the wrong data type for one of the arguments. ____________________________________________________________________ Public Sub MPD_Monthly_Click() Dim stReportCriter As String Dim MPDstart As Date Dim MPDend As Date Dim getdate As String MPDstart = [Forms]![MDP Main]![ReportStart] MPDend = [Forms]![MDP Main]![ReportEnd] get...

Sales tax reports
Hi (again)! In quicksell I used to be able to generate a report that would give me one day of sales on each line itimizing taxable sales, and non-taxable sales. In RMS I only seem to be able to genereate an aggreagate or day by day, not one for say all days in June, ie.: June 1 Total sales non-taxable sales taxable sales June 2 Total sales etc etc June 3 etc Any way to configure the reporting to do this? Thanks, Manny Manny -- Hi there. Did you ever get this sorted out? I'm trying to figure out how to report on tax-exempt sales at the end of each day (for customers who have re...

Summarizing a Report
I have a database linked to an excel file for the table. The excel file contains the results for a school archery tournament. Each school is allowed to have 24 archers but only the top 12 count as a team score and 4 must be male and 4 must be female. My report works fine giving me the top 12 and a team total for each school and division, but it does not ensure the gender ratio is met. Any ideas?? Also, I would like to create a report that shows just the schools and team totals, but the only place I currently have team totals is in a report. -- Thanks, Cubbie You w...

password incorrect
when trying to import/export a pst folder I am prompted for the password. I keep getting told the password is incorrect. I changed the p/word and this was accepted but again I get same message. When I cancel I get told that properties need to be defined. was working ok what you could try is right click on the pst file.. go to properties.. see if read only is uncheckd.. which it should be.... however unfortunately if this doesnt work.... that's it.. someone must have set a password for your pst file sometime earlier..!! "Adam" <adam@raw101.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message ne...

How to print a report
Hi: I need to know how to print a report that will show what checks and transactions have been cleared after i have completed reconicling for the current month. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Paulie wrote: >I need to know how to print a report that will show what >checks and transactions have been cleared after i have >completed reconicling for the current month. Take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;176329 ...

Reports #9
Hello Does anyone know how to add the vendor "ReorderNumber" to reports that show items sold and on-hand? Thanks Carl Email: carlb@telusplanet.net Hi Carl - the report you are running must be joined to the SupplierList table. If its not, add the following to the Tables Queried Section LEFT JOIN SupplierList WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.ID = SupplierList.ItemID Then add the following report column Begin Column FieldName = "SupplierList.ReorderNumber" DrillDownFieldName = "" DrillDownReportName = "" Title = "Reorder Number" V...

purchase order report template
Can I get a template for purchase order? Please inform. ...

Current Year Taxes
I put my check into Money every payday and have detailed all deductions from my check for taxes, 401k, etc. Why are that taxes that are deducted from my check not reflected in the taxes paid on "My Money Home Page"? ...

appoinments display incorrectly
We have just upgraded to Windows and Office XP on some of our workstations. In Outlook some of the appointments (even new ones) are displayed one hour earlier than they should, but if you open the appointment, the time listed is correct. If you open it and go into the reoccurance, don't change anything but save and close it fixes them. The time and time zone are correct on the servers and the workstation. Is there a way to prevent this? Check the daylight savings time option in both control panel and Outlook tools->options->calendar. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Pos...

the key is incorrect 03-04-10
i have the original office home and student 2007 cd am trying to install it to my laptop sony. windows vista but every time it asked me for the key i typed it but in vain it keeps saying the key is incorrec. verify that you have the correct key then retype it. am saying the truth if i told you that i've trying this for more than one year, i took the laptop and the cd to store where i purchased the product, they said to me that i have to take it to sony centre and when i took it to sony they also told me that it's the store responsibility to install the office properly.b...