inactivating matrix items

Is there an easy way to inactivate matrix items?

I have been manually calling up each size and
choosing "options" and "make item inactive".

This still leaves the main code active.  How do I
inactivate the entire Item code and Description?

thanks
0
anonymous (74725)
2/3/2005 8:56:10 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

there's a task in the inventory wizard that will let you make multiple items
inactive at once.  You can't make the Matrix itself inactive - the Matrix is
not really an Item, its just a way to group multiple related items together.
You could Delete the Matrix - this will not delete any of the matrix 'child'
items, it will just remove the grouping - each item can be made Inactive
individually.

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"irene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there an easy way to inactivate matrix items?
>
> I have been manually calling up each size and
> choosing "options" and "make item inactive".
>
> This still leaves the main code active.  How do I
> inactivate the entire Item code and Description?
>
> thanks

0
glenn1806 (721)

tag along items
Is it possible to add extra tag along items? as an example: a can of coke will need a recycling fee and a deposit fee attached to it. How do I assign these two fees for each coke added to a receipt? Kirk, Tag the tag! -- * "kirk" <kirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A1061E5-BAAC-41ED-96DC-236D8CB2C0AC@microsoft.com... Is it possible to add extra tag along items? as an example: a can of coke will need a recycling fee and a deposit fee attached to it. How do I assign these two fees for each coke added to a receipt? There are 5-6 kinds of items yo...

RMS 2.0, Item Alias scans not returning correct item
This has me totally stumped: when we scan a barcode that is stored as an Item's Alias RMS is returning the incorrect item. The number that is scanned is correct in the entry field but the Item returned is incorrect. Example: ILU = 14061. Alias (barcode) = 731955140618 We can clearly read this correct barcode in the entry field - or on the POS screen - but the correct item is never returned. In an attempt to remedy this problem I emptied - deleted all records - the Alias table and reimported all of the Alias numbers from a text file. No go: scans still enter correctly but retu...

Treeview and hide items
Hallo! In a CTreeview, I want hide some items (via a filter). Does anyone know, whether this is possible? I tried customdraw, but I got only some empty space for the items to hide. Thanks in advance Tim Tim Fields wrote: > Hallo! > > In a CTreeview, I want hide some items (via a filter). Does anyone know, > whether this is possible? I tried customdraw, but I got only some empty > space for the items to hide. > > Thanks in advance > > Tim > > As far as i know, you cannot hide items in treeview. Only operations you have is insert and delete. So you h...

Matrix Import
I am trying to import matriproducts into RMS 2.0. I have imported Dimensions, Dimension Attributes, Item Classes and Item class components. When i enter RMS Store Ops Mgr, i can see everything i have imported as expected. When i open an imported Matrix item it does not assign the items i have imported. Am i missing something? I fear i have not updated an essential table or field that links the items to the matrix. Help!! On Jun 26, 6:56=A0pm, Anjicoot <Anjic...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to import matriproducts into RMS 2.0. I have imported Dimensi= ons, >...

Sale Report
How i can setup a sale batch report showing the items group with qty. Example: Batch :45 Item :464343 Qty 12 Item :678445 Qty 67 etc. Edwin Edwin, What do you mean by "item group"? Are you speaking of the Item Lookup Code? Daniel techs1@nurol.com NuRol Point of Sale www.nurol.com 404-32-3587 "RMS" wrote: > How i can setup a sale batch report showing the items group with qty. > > Example: > > Batch :45 > > Item :464343 Qty 12 > Item :678445 Qty 67 > etc. > > Edwin > > > ...

SSRS2005, matrix but concat keys for last group level ?
Hello all, Let's start with a matrix report that groups my data by area, status, company and project. Now the problem is that it creates numerous columns and actually : - I don't care about the project sub totals but would still like to know which projects are involved. That is basically I would like to group my data by area, status, company. It shows the total for all projects as I would like. But now I would like to add a 4th level that would show only a single column per company and that would show all the project codes contributing to this company : I tried to...

Reconciling non-inventoried items always hangs
Ever since version 8 or so (we are now on version 9), whenever inventory reconcile is run, it hangs on discontinued and misc charge items. There barely any data for these items. Why does this consistently happen? This adds about 4 hours to our reconciliation process whenever we need to run it. ...

Inactivating Vendors
Trying to inactivate a vendor, get the message: This vendor has been assigned to a purchase order or an unposted receipt, the status cant be changed to inactive. I have checked and the 2 PO's are closed, and there are no open receivings. What do I have to do to inactivate this vendor? thanks! -- Doug You have to run the Remove Completed Purchase Orders process (Tools-Routines-Purchasing) in order to move closed or cancelled purchase orders to history as long as you are keeping PO history. "Doug" wrote: > Trying to inactivate a vendor, get the message: > &g...

Emails moved from Sent Items to subfolder moving to Deleted Items instead
We have a problem where a couple of users are moving emails from their Sent Items to folders that are subfolders of their Inbox. However, random emails are moving to the Deleted Items instead. The users have no rules set up, and there is no limit on mailbox size for users. I know it's easy to dismiss them as having made a mistake, but one of the users is pretty competent and has in fact had this problem in the past. Has anyone experienced this problem? ...

Missing Mail & Calendar Items

deleted items appear on the user's desktop
I have a user running Outlook 97 on an XP machine to connect to an Exchange server. Just about every day for the last week she says that when she deletes all of the emails from her Deleted folder then closes her programs before leaving for the day, all of the emails that she just deleted will appear on her desktop. She says that she's deleting them from the Deleted folder by selecting the first one, choosing Select All from the Edit menu, then using the Delete key. I can't reproduce the problem myself, and she hasn't been able to reproduce it while I'm watching....

Register specific items?
Is it possible to set up specific items to separate registers? I have two registers and would like to have certain items be listed on each, but not on both. Is this a possibility? Thanks No. All items will be available at all registers. You might take a look at the touch screen keyboard feature - it will work with a mouse just as well as with a touch screen. You can have a different touch screen keyboard assigned to each register with a separate set of keys. Touchscreen keys can point to a specific department, category, supplier or specific item as well as replacing the regular f...

CRM 4: Queue items dupliccated both under the queue and in progress items
Is there a way to stop queue items being duplicated in the queue and under the queue owners "in progress2 items. If it is deleted/assigned from either place it remains in the other. It seems similar to this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919419 in CRM 3. Or should the queue owner be an inactive user such as the system administrator. All help much appreciated, Marcus Robinson -- MR ICT Ltd - http://www.mrict.co.uk ...

Printing

grouping PivotTable items
Using Excel list to create a pivot table. Sometimes I Excel doesn't allow me to group a date field - saying "Cannot group that selection." If I delete this pivot table and create a new table, it will now allow the date field to be grouped. I didn't make any changes to the source data. What's the cause of this? It wasn't a problem when I was creating a pivot table manually, but now I'm trying to automate it within a macro, there's run-time error when it gets the group statement. this is usually symptomatic of a non date value being in the column of d...

Matrix Error
In RMS 2.0 my matrix feature doesn't work. After setting up the matrix and going to click ok, I receive a null error 94, I believe, and RMS crashes forcing me to restart. Currently, I cant use the feature therefore I am having to input individual codes for each similar item. Does anyone have any suggestinos as to what might cause this? Thanks in advance. ...

Be caution to buy items from an eBay seller with too many feedback!
On eBay, if a seller has 1 negative feedback with overall 100 feedback, and the other has 10 negative with overall 1000, are they the same rating as 99%? Well, not exactly ... What my experience tells me is to deal with the one with 100 feedback, not 1000 or 10000's power seller. Note that this is just from buyer's safety and self-protection point of view, nothing against any seller. We all understand that it is very difficult to satisfy all people in all times. If a seller has 100 feedback with only 1-2 negative feedback, it means he/she was working very hard to satisfy the buyers...

How to Inactivate a Kit
Hello, I'm looking for recommendations on what is the best process to inactivate a kit so it is no longer available to sell? Thanks! Jeff Couple options: 1) GP does not keep or track history of kits in any way shape or form, so you can delete the kit. or 2) Change the kit components to discontinued and you can either disable or password protect the "Allow Sales of Discontinued Items" in the Sales Order Processing Setup Options window. There is no way to inactivate a kit directly. If deleting the kit or changing the kit components to discontinued i...

Taskbar Items in Excel
Currently if I open different workbooks in Excel (Office 2000) they are under the same taskbar 'tab'. How do I get it so each workbook has its own 'tab' along the taskbar? "D" <D@nospambtinternet.com> wrote: >Currently if I open different workbooks in Excel (Office 2000) they are >under the same taskbar 'tab'. > >How do I get it so each workbook has its own 'tab' along the taskbar? > Tools|Options|Windows in taskbar -- __________________________________________________________________________________ Ed Hansberry (Pleas...

Inactivating a vendor
I would like to change the vendor status to inactive, but get the message: This vendor has been assigned to a purchase order or an unposted receipt, The status cant be changed to inactive. i have checked and all PO's are closed or cancelled, and there are no open receipts. Havent used this vendor for over a year. Do I have to do something else to change a vendor to inactive? -- Doug You need to run the PO Removal Routine (Tools-Routines-Purchasing-Remove Completed Purchase Orders) for the Vendor ID you are having the issue with. This will move the PO info to history and allow y...

Adding Custom Button to get Pricing tab for current item
I am trying to create a custom button to get a shortcut which goes to the item property of the current item and displays the pricing tab details (which displays Price, Cost, Price A, etc.) Is this a possibility? Also, I am looking for a way to prompt for qty line when scanning items instead of defaulting to 1- not sure if this requires an add-on. Thanks, Khurum While on the current item, go to the second column "description" and press F2 for details. You could set an Item Message to remind the cashier to specify the quantity on some items, but to prompt for the number w...

sumproduct matrix with two row lookups
I am hoping its possible to build a function that will allow me to loo through a matrix and find a data point. I am currently using combination of sumproduct formulas to find a reference in a column an row and then return the data point. I would like to be able to seac in a column for a row heading, then search the rows immediately belo that point. Here is an example. I would like to be able to gather the data fro this page to insert into another sheet split into regions. 'Example Image (http://server5.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=excelexample.gif -- jpwolf0 ----------------...

question about deleted items when sharing
Hi I am not sure what the default setup is, but if a mailbox is shared, in this case, the PA has access to the directors mailbox so e-mails which can be dealt with by the PA, as well as them being deleted if required. Only thing is that one of the PA's at my organisation suggested to me that up until now, whatever e-mail she (PA) deleted, it went to the deleted items of her director, but now, any e-mail she deletes goes to her mailbox's deleted items. No changes were made on the system, currently using outlook 2003 with exchange 5.5. I don't really believe that was the case where...

How to identify a mail item from a public folder in MS Outlook
Hi, I have developed an application which read mails from a user selected folder of MS Outlook. Following is a code sample. loOutlookSession = CREATEOBJECT("OutLook.Application") loNameSpace = loOutlookSession.GetNameSpace("MAPI") loMailFolder = loNameSpace.PickFolder() IF loMailFolder.DefaultItemType = 0 ** This is a folder with mail items ENDIF This works fine as long as a mail folder is selected but if the user selects a public folder it does not imports its mails as the public folder's DefaultItemType property returns 6. I noticed that these...

deleted items #7
Does anyone know what and how I can view and/or delete the 1129 items my Outlook says I have in my deleted items folder. 1 says unread. Thanks If can see the Deleted Items folder in the folder list, right-clicking on it reveals "Empty Deleted Items folder" If you can't see the folder list, it's under the 'Go' menu in Outlook 2003, and under the 'View' menu in earlier versions You can also empty the Deleted Items folder automatically every time you close Outlook. Tools menu > Options > 'Other' tab. Choose the 'Empty the Deleted Items f...