In House Accounts (Charge Accounts) for POS

I recently purchased the MS Dynamics POS 2.0 system for a small coffee shop
and I need to have the ability of in house accounts (charge accounts) that
allows certain customers to purchase items under their account and pay on it
weekly, bi-weekly or whenever it hits a certain limit. I spoke to Microsoft
support and they informed me that it just can not be done in the POS version
that I have.  So I am asking for some help from the newsgroup to see if
anyone might have a solution for me.  It seems that this function should be
something that is built into the system since it happens all the time.
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

New House / Old House Equity?
I'm having a hard time working out how to account for the sale of our house and the purchase of a new house. I've got equity in the old house that will be used as a down payment on the new house. Additionally, I've got a deposit on the new house. My overriding assumption is that the purchase of the new house should be neutral on my net worth (at least initially). The liability that I incur should be cancelled by the value of the house. I have the asset account for the old house and I've created an asset account for the new house. When I paid the deposit, I did it as a tran...

Using a Gmail Account
Is it possible to set up a Gmail account the same way you can set up a Hotmail account in Outlook. I don't seem to be having much success. Thanks Larry > Is it possible to set up a Gmail account the same way you can set up a > Hotmail account in Outlook. I don't seem to be having much success. Thanks > > Larry The whole "making of" is in the FAQ or HELP of your Gmail Mailbox (online) ... You have to use SSL and so on ... "[Ben]" <neo_b@hotmail.com> wrote in news:mn.75557d61c49e6419.43065@hotmail.com: >> Is it possible to set up a G...

Setting up account 02-25-10
I'm trying to use my email account with Alltel/Blackberry with my Windows Mail. My internet is with Alltel (data card). I put in my IP address for incoming and outgoing and that seemed to work, but now when I try to send mail, I get this....... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Turkey Calls', Account: '75.116.127.154', Server: '75.116.63.154', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Any hel...

Pop3 account not displaying in folders
I set up my comcast.net account in Outlook 2003. The test works perfectly and gives the "congratulations" message. However, the account does not show up anywhere. No email displays and no folders are created anywhere within Outlook. This is the whole purpose I bought Outlook 2003...so I could manage several email accounts in one place. No folders would be created. All mail from POP3 accounts would go into the Inbox folder, which should exist already, unless you create rules to move it elsewhere or turn on the Junk E-mail filter. "DianeM" <DianeM@discussions....

Invalid Date Range Error When Updating Fidelity Account
When updating the data from my Fidelity Investments account, I get an "Invalid Date Range" error each time I try and trigger a manual (or automatic) update. Any idea what could cause this error ? "Matt B" <Matt B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F787AE2-C053-4B9F-86F7-CA11FEBDC814@microsoft.com... > When updating the data from my Fidelity Investments account, I get an > "Invalid Date Range" error each time I try and trigger a manual (or > automatic) update. Any idea what could cause this error ? Yes, trying to update more tha...

My house?
I saw something mentioned in S&T 2005 when I loaded it about "My House" I would like to be able to put my address in and have it named my house. Can I do this? Then I wouldn't have to type my address in all of the time. Thanks. Sorry everyone. Wrong newsgroup. "Mike" wrote: > I saw something mentioned in S&T 2005 when I loaded it about "My House" I > would like to be able to put my address in and have it named my house. Can I > do this? Then I wouldn't have to type my address in all of the time. > > Thanks. ...

Account Statement Variables
Does anyone have a complete list of the Account Statement Variables? I need to modify the Statements slightly. Get a copy of the customization guide. If your ms partner can't get you one write me an email: dom@davidstea.com Here are all variables for the account statment receipt: Accountstatement.Homeaddress.City City of the customer's address. Accountstatement.Homeaddress.Company Company of the customer's address. Accountstatement.Homeaddress.Country Country code of the customer's address. Accountstatement.Homeaddress.Faxnumber Customer's facsimile number. ...

Managed Service Account
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01CABBFD.9060E670 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I do not see an option to create a Managed service Account using = ADCU/ADAC, how can this be enabled? While i understand using powershell = is the recommended way to create Managed Service Accounts, i would like = to know what is the difference in an MSA object that is created using = GUI and PS. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01CABBFD.9060E670 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1...

Import GL accounts
I need to import a lot of gl accounts using Import manager but I cant seem to setup the excel spreadsheet correctly. My imports fail as a result. Can somebody send me a sample excel spreadsheet of how it should be setup witht the basic minimum requirements. or can somebody show me here what are the required fields to import gl accounts? "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > I need to import a lot of gl accounts using Import manager but I cant seem to > setup the excel spreadsheet correctly. My imports fail as a result. Can > somebody send me a sample excel spreadsheet of...

Email Macro using IMAP account
Does anyone know how would you modify the following macro to go to your IMAP folder to be sent instead of your Outbox? My IMAP account has no outbox and it winds up in an email account that has not even been set up. Sub Outlook_Mail_Every_Worksheet() Dim OutApp As Outlook.Application Dim OutMail As Outlook.MailItem Dim strdate As String Dim wb As Workbook Dim ws As Worksheet Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets If ws.Range("a1").Value Like "?*@?*.?*" Then strdate = Format(Now,...

Tracking House Refinance
What is the best way to track mortgage refinancing, particularly if it includes taking money out for other purposes? See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q86. "Todd Stine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5ed201c400f1$992629f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > What is the best way to track mortgage refinancing, > particularly if it includes taking money out for other > purposes? ...

Defaulting an mail account in Outlook 2000
Hello, I am running Outlook 2000, installed for supporting corporate messaging services (not internet e-mail only). I set up 2 internet e-mail accounts (A and B) using the "internet e-mail service". I want B to be my default account, so that when I send a mail, the sender be the one defined in the account B, but Outlook always take the sender's address of account A. How can I change this ? Thanks in advance for any help ? Bertrand Tokyo, Japan You will need to toggle the default sending account when you want to change this. Tools->services is where you can change this...

Can't access 'accounts'
Until a week ago, I had three E-mail accounts coming into my Windows Mail. Now only one does but I get no error messages. In MS Mail I've tried to access Tools-Accounts but I get nothing - no window opens, no error message. 'Accounts' is not greyed-out in the menu bar suggesting I shoould be able to access it but MS Mail doesn't let me do it. Any suggestions (I'm accessing MS Mail from an administrator account) You can try compacting and repairing the database. See www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/ steve "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Cstatic : get pos relative to parent
I need to know where my CStatic control is relative to its parent dialog. Depends on where you want to know this from!? From within the dialog void CMyDialog::GetPos() { m_Static.GetWindowPos(...); ScreenToClient(...); } AliR. "Vince" <biproc2004@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:41e432f4$0$15681$626a14ce@news.free.fr... > I need to know where my CStatic control is relative to its parent dialog. > > > > GetWindowPos doesn't exist in MFC but anyway my problem is to get position of my CStatic derived control. Since I am inside the control GetWi...

Windows Live Mail
I have set up 3 email accounts under Windows Live Mail. There is no problem with the earthlink or yahoo accounts. However, verizon is my primary - and the mail program insists that my id and/or password are invalid. They are not. I've deleted the account and added it anew, to no avail. What do I have to do to get this id to work so I can check all my email in one place and not have to go to the internet just to check the mail? -- SVR Verizon's online email setup info is a bit of a mess because they have four different email systems. You will have to pick out the=20 one t...

Default Email Account
Greetings, I have email accounts with three ISPs, but I almost always send email from one of them. Is it possible to get Outlook 2002 (SP3) to automatically use the desired account, so as to avoid having to select it every time I create a new email? Thanks LarryS On what basis are you looking for Outlook to know which is the desired account? "LarryS" <alresford@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#1ZSdUIGEHA.2600@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Greetings, > > I have email accounts with three ISPs, but I almost always send email from one of them. Is it possible to get...

Changing ownership of Accounts
I need to change the owner of all accounts in CRM to one Generic user. The sales team is no longer using CRM and I want to free up their licenses. I am having a problem with the fact that I can not change the owner of an account with out it changing the owner of any open or existing cases or activities. Yes, you might want the owner to trickle down but it is my customer care groups that have all these open tickets,not the sales team. When I change ownership they loose their cases that they have been working on. I have several thousand customers to change with open cases and am having t...

Account Register
Hello, I am using MS Money 2003. There is an envelope icon in the (!) exclamation field of one record in the account register for my checkbook account. Can anyone tell me what this is for? -- Bob Brannon In microsoft.public.money, Bob Brannon wrote: > >I am using MS Money 2003. There is an envelope icon in the (!) exclamation >field of one record in the account register for my checkbook account. Can >anyone tell me what this is for? See http://www.microsoft.com/money/productinfo/money_icons.htm Thanks! "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> ...

Is There an Aministrator in the House?
I'd like to update Windows Vista Update your computer automatically http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/windowsupdate/automaticupdate.mspx Windows Update: Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/windowsupdate/FAQ.mspx Automatic Updates in Vista http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/windowsupdate/learn/windowsvista.mspx => Excellent Vista tutorial: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial140.html How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server Update Services installation issues: http://su...

Debt and Equity Accounts
Greetings, I am still learning much of this with regards to my business so please bare with me. In most other accounting systems, if I purchase an item for my business from my personal account (or with cash). I would create a new journal entry with a debit to whatever account the item was and a credit to an Owner Equity account. This looks to be different in Microsoft Money. I have elecrtonic access to my personal and business accounts with MS Money. When this same type of transaction occurrs, do I simply apply the correct business account to the personal bank account item? I tri...

Sales people accounts
Hi How can I define accounts under account managers ? In our organization, sales people are responsible from their own accounts (customers). Can I define that X account is Jane's account ? Best Rgds. each account in the CRM has an 'owner' who actually owns the record in terms of security. you could easily re-label the OwnerID field and call it 'Salesperson' so that it is clear to the users. Then if the account gets re-assigned or if the salesperson leaves, you can simply assign the account to another CRM user. Dave "Buket" <Buket@discussions.micr...

Email account that forwards outside for Exchange 2003?
I've tried Contact, I've tried Universal Distribution group - neither will allow me to choose a Contact as an outside recipient or member. I've had to create a user and forward the message to the contact (with the outside address). But I don't like the user having an account. I tried to find this on Google - I'm sure this is an easy one! Thanks! Is it mail-enabled? On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 15:59:36 -0700, "an admin too" <stop-spam-please_kilbyfan@aol.com> wrote: >I've tried Contact, I've tried Universal Distribution group - neither will >...

Change activity vies on account
Hi. On the account, the defauls views on "Activity" is open activities, and "History" for closed activities. A client wants the view to be change: He wants to views all actities by default. (open and closed, and without the "next 30 days filter). Is that posible? The filters on assosiated views for activities on account can not be edited, as I can see? Regards Jacob Mondrup Vivant Hi Jacob, The answer to your question can be found at: http://mscrm4ever.blogspot.com/2008/07/changing-activity-history-default-view.html Good luck, Ron Wallegie "Jacob ...

merge customer accounts #2
I have a customer who has 2 loyalty accounts, one which is her new current one, and an old one which has spending history - is there a way i can move all her spending history over to her new account?? Thanks! -- Philip Gass Donaghadee Garden Centre Currenly RMS does not have such thing, but You can create your own small tool or script in VB to do so I can only give you an idea: update [transaction] set customerid=(select [id] from customer where AccountNumber='NewAccount') Where CustomerID in (select [ID] from Customer where AccountNumber='OldAccount') "Phili...

Adding an account segment
Is it possible to add an account segment to Dynamics GP (v9)? We always used 4 segments but we might have to go to a 5th one. If it is possible, I guess there will have to be some tool to do it since all your existing accounts will now have an empty segment and the installation files for GP will probably have to be updated to reflect the change in the number of segments. Thanks -- Pieter Hi Peter, This can be done. Where in the current account format do you want to add the segment? At the end would be easiest but can be done otherwise. There are a couple of tools avai...