Importing Sales into Quickbooks - Account Assignment Table

Hi.

I need to import my sales data into Quickbooks.  But i'm having trouble with
the account assignment tables.

Lets say I have one sale for the day.  $10 + $1 Tax = $11 Total (cash, taxes
included) on April 1st, 2009.

Below is a sample .iif file that will balance.  However, I'm having trouble
making sense out of it.  To me, on this day I received $11 of cash (an
asset), of which $1 is a clearly a liability (sales tax owed to the
government).  How do I classify the remaining $10?  Is it an asset or a
liability?  Which Quickbooks account does it get credited/debited to?

I'm struggling to understand this, so does anyone have an example of how my
simple daily sales might work?

!TRNS,TRNSID,TRNSTYPE,DATE,ACCNT,AMOUNT,DOCNUM,MEMO
!SPL,SPLID,TRNSTYPE,DATE,ACCNT,MEMO,AMOUNT
!ENDTRNS
TRNS,10,GENERAL JOURNAL,04/01/09,3900,0.0,4,POS at Reg 1
SPL,10,GENERAL JOURNAL,04/01/09,Merchandise Sales,RMS Sales- Total,-10
SPL,10,GENERAL JOURNAL,04/01/09,Undeposited Funds,RMS,11
SPL,10,GENERAL JOURNAL,04/01/09,Sales Tax,RMS Tax Collected,-1
ENDTRNS

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Import and export

Importing messages #6

Usage (scope) of ALTER TABLE in sproc
hi @ll, I have a question about the usage of ALTER TABLE in a stored procedure (SQL Server 2005): First concurrent query, started first, should be later encapsulated in a stored procedure: BEGIN TRANSACTION [Test] ; ALTER TABLE [myTable] NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL ; -- Function from BOL, WAITFOR DELAY wrapper. EXEC TimeDelay_hh_mm_ss '00:00:10'; ALTER TABLE [myTable] CHECK CONSTRAINT ALL ; COMMIT TRANSACTION [Test] ; Second concurrent query: INSERT INTO [myTable] ( [Id], [Abbreviation], [Name] ...

Importing data

Error in Pipeline report when selecting Sales Stage
When I try to select Group By Sales Stage I get this error: An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Query execution failed for data set 'DSPipelineBySalesStage'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand) I am using a Sales Process btw. all selected opps have the process active. Before I dive deep into the bowels of the Pipeline code I was hoping someone has seen this. -- Thanx Glen oops, thought I had searched the KB on this before, but there is a known bug - article 927589 - the Step name var in the report is only set to varchar(40) (geez). You just edit the rdl...

excel 97 xml import

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Make table field descriptions appear in status bar
Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; When building a table, normally the info entered into the description field will show in the status bar when the bound control is active. For one of my forms, this appears to be turned off. How can I restore this? Thanks much in advance. XP wrote: >Using Office 2003 and Windows XP; > >When building a table, normally the info entered into the description field >will show in the status bar when the bound control is active. > >For one of my forms, this appears to be turned off. How can I restore this? The only reason the field descripti...

Importing Dynamic data

Importing a CSV file

Create pivot table from 2 worksheets
How do I create 1 pivot table that draws data from 2 worksheets? -- MichaelKoh ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MichaelKoh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22956 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480774 You can create a pivot table from data on separate sheets (multiple consolidation ranges), but the results may not be exactly what you want. There's more information here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot08.html MichaelKoh wrote: > How do I create 1 pivot ...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

PIVOT
Hi experts, I want to enable users with few knowledge of pivot techniques to change the grouping of a pivot chart resp. the underlying pivot table. The idea is, to have a changeable cell value beneath the chart to enter the group (groups of 2, 4, 6, 5, etc...). The associated pivot table shall change it's groupings accordingly, thus forces to change the associated chart. Any idea, how to achieve this? Thanks and have a nice day Michael Hi, What kind of groupings are we talking about when we say 2, 4, 6, 5? What is being grouped and how? What fields, row fields, more than one row fie...

MS 2004 deluxe Stock sale and Purchase- 3rd try for assistance
Hi there, I came across this not to long ago. I owned ( lets use a fake company here) ABCcorp.. symbol ( fake again) ABC I then sold off all shares of ABC.at 28.00 Later in the year I purchased a new interest in ABC for 11.00 per share. When it went to 10.88 the MS Money 2004 Deluxe portfolio screen shows I am making money on this new lot of shares. Only thing I can think of is, because Money uses the old symbol and lumps previous stock ownership ( even though you sold it all) to the subsequent purchases. Has this been fixed in later editions of Money? Or is the fix, manual? Such as, befo...

importing email

Pivot Table from data table (not data LIST)
What are some good ways to create pivot tables when your source data is in a table format, not a list format? For example, how would you create a pivot table from a calendar, which only has days' names at the top of the table, and has numerical dates in each cell (ie a Regular calendar :) The standard way would be to create a list of numerical dates, then add a column and type in "Monday" for each date that is a Monday, "Tuesday" for each Tuesday, etc. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ As far as I know, the PT requires the data to be in a form com...

Table security
I have an Access 2003 database. On a form a user can select values by means of a combobox. If the user enters a value that is not present in the underlying table, the 'on not in list' event asks the user if he/ she would like to add the new entry to the table. If the user answers yes, a password form will be displayed asking the user for a password. If the password is correct, the new entry will be added to the table. However, the user could also bypass this by simply select the table and add the new entry manually. How do I prevent the user from doing that? Is there a way to f...

import pdf table

Field missing upon XML import

Excel 2003

Anyone here also use Quickbooks?
not quicken, Quickbooks. I'm just wondering what all these charts of accounts are. In money you could categorize transactions from the preexisting list or make a new one on the fly. in QB there is a similar way to categorize but an account has to be setup first. So in Money is the chart of accounts basically the categories? except not as strict as in QB where you have to have an account setup first and you can't change things after a period? I don't recommend QB for personal use, due to the complications you are experiencing. It also does NOT handle investments the way ...