HQ users should be able to add ship-to records from the stores.

HQ users should be able to add ship-to records from the stores.

As of RMS 1.3.???, HQ users can indeed create ship-to records at the stores.
I'm told that RMS doesn't handle this properly. There are problems created
when stores are messing around with global customers. I suspect that MS will
'fix' this by eliminating the ability of stores to add Ship-To records.

I have a customer, ABC Fitness, who has one office, but several gyms. I
repair the treadmills at their various gym locations. I have each service
site set up as a Ship-To in RMS, within the ABC global customer account. So,
I have several places to do the work, and one place to send the bill.

Another complication: ABC is adding service sites every week.  ABC calls one
of my stores, and tells us to set up a new service site. It is almost
impossible to have these sites (Ship-To's) added at my RMS headquarters.

RMS should fix the problems regarding Ship-To records, without breaking my
ability to add those records to global customer accounts.
0
timgale (38)
2/3/2007 6:51:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

At POS - use Ctrl-F7 to add/edit Ship To addresses.

This works with global customers in an HQ environment.

If you try to add/change a Ship To address through the customer properties
form, it won't work.  Go figure.

Tom
--
Stop fishing for e-mail

"timgale" wrote:

> HQ users should be able to add ship-to records from the stores.
>
> As of RMS 1.3.???, HQ users can indeed create ship-to records at the stores.
> I'm told that RMS doesn't handle this properly. There are problems created
> when stores are messing around with global customers. I suspect that MS will
> 'fix' this by eliminating the ability of stores to add Ship-To records.
>
> I have a customer, ABC Fitness, who has one office, but several gyms. I
> repair the treadmills at their various gym locations. I have each service
> site set up as a Ship-To in RMS, within the ABC global customer account. So,
> I have several places to do the work, and one place to send the bill.
>
> Another complication: ABC is adding service sites every week.  ABC calls one
> of my stores, and tells us to set up a new service site. It is almost
> impossible to have these sites (Ship-To's) added at my RMS headquarters.
>
> RMS should fix the problems regarding Ship-To records, without breaking my
> ability to add those records to global customer accounts.
0
tomg2938 (389)
2/3/2007 8:25:13 PM
Yeah, it appears to work, but HQ doesn't handle it right. I'm fairly
certain that the Ship-To table at HQ will be goofy.

Terrible Tom wrote:
> At POS - use Ctrl-F7 to add/edit Ship To addresses.
>
> This works with global customers in an HQ environment.
>
> If you try to add/change a Ship To address through the customer properties
> form, it won't work.  Go figure.
>
> Tom
0
tgale (2)

RMS HQ Paid Out Report
is there a Paid Out report for Headquarters? I tried to use the one posted here a while back but it doubled each transaction. what went wrong? Thanks in advance ...

Not allowing users the ability to edit a cell
Hi there In my database, I have included an age calculation as a control source. How do I set it up so that users can not make changes to this variable? Thank you in advance for your help. On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 22:35:01 -0800, forest8 <forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi there > >In my database, I have included an age calculation as a control source. > >How do I set it up so that users can not make changes to this variable? > >Thank you in advance for your help. If the Control Source of the textbox is a calculated expression, it's ...

Outlook backup add-in not changing location
I am migrating from my old XP PC the a new Windows 7 64bit one. I have carried out a fresh install of Office and migrated all my old .pst files successfully. I downloaded and installed the Outlook tool from the internet and it has installed successfully. When I open backup I have given the new location for my backup files. When I close Outlook I am prompted to save my backup, but when I do it say that it cannot find the location. The problem is that the location it cannot find is the one from the old machine which does not exist on the new one. When I open Outlook again a...

Sharing out a users calendar
I a trying to share out one of my users calendar, something I have done countless times before, but this time it is giving me an error. We have Outlook 2002 SP2 running on NT Workstation 4 SP6, I am able to set permissions on the calendar itself, but when go to set permissions on the "Mailbox - User" it gives me "The modified permission could not be saved. The client operation failed." Any suggestions? Thanks Eric Any help from http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=197001c36054%24968c43c0%243501280a%40phx.gbl&rnum=4&am...

Microsoft Access: How do I create a drop down list that stores the index value, but displays text value?
For example: I have my primary table called Projects with headers as follows: Projects ID, Project Name, Project Leader ID And I have a second table called Project Leaders which stores Project Leader ID as the primary key with headers as follows: Project Leader ID, Project Leader Name I am trying to create a Project Entry Form that displays and has a drop down of the Project Leader Names, but stores the Project Leader ID in the Projects Table. Thanks for your help! in your form, use a combo box control. set the RowSource to the Project Leaders table. number of columns, 2. column widths...

Shop Cost different from HQ Cost
We are using MS RMS at 14 stores and have an HQ database where item details are maintained. We use the Cost Update Worksheet to update item costs at the stores. The worksheet is reported as having processed successfully. However half the stores are showing the old cost and half showing the new cost (as reported in the ITEMDYNAMIC table through the "snapshot"). What might cause different stores to have different costs? (The item ID's are all okay so there appears to be no database integrity issue) Thanks in advance, Dave Dave, The first thing I do anymore when having issues...

Rebuild HQ Item Data
I currently messed up with the HQ database. Since I still have an optimized database on my store, I would like to know if it is possible to import item and sales data into my "NEW HQ". I tried to sync it to the "NEW HQ" but RMS would not permit me because the store database is "flagged" to the "OLD HQ" Thanks ...

Reports in HQ
Does any one have a copy of the Sales>Department Costs/Sales for HQ as the installation does not have it? I have this report in the reports folder but When I go into HQ Manager into the reports > Sales > Department Cost/Sales it comes up with the qrp does not exist. "Jeff" wrote: > Kirsten, > > Not sure what you are talking about. The report is on both the 1.2 and 1.3 > CD's that I have. Look in the; > > \HQ\program files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters\Reports > folder > > Anyway the 1.3 version is attached. > ...

Same account for several XP Users
Hi. I'm just wondering what the best way to set up Outlook 2000 is, so that each of the four members of my family that use the PC can all access the same inbox and email account, despite logging into XP as separate users. Any suggestions/help? Do you have one mail account that is shared by all people? Cn you cut and paste the .pst file you want people to use in the shared folder and have each WIndows profile point to that shared folder? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no...

parsing and importing a text file with records through a VBA macro
Hi all, I'm really stuck in a problem in parsing and importing a text file into an Excel sheet with a VBA macro. I strongly need to do it by a VBA macro in order to postprocess the resulting data through Excel. I searched a lot into the network and I found something useful but I can't achieve the final solution actually. Can you help me please? Your help is really appreciated. My text file is containing several records formatted like this: REC1_FIELD1 REC1_FIELD2 REC1_FIELD3 REC1_FIELD4 REC1_FIELD5 REC1_FIELD6 REC2_FIELD1 REC2_FIELD2 REC2_FIELD3 REC2_FIELD4 R...

Modeless User Form not displaying all controls
I'm using a modeless user form to display a "Processing....Please Wait" message when my VBA code runs. However, when the form pops up, it's just a white box. The label control that I created in the form doesn't show". ufProcessing.Show vbModeless Application.ScreenUpdating = False Any ideas as to why this would happen ?? You might try repainting the form. E..g, UserForm1.Repaint. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Faulk" <shane.faulkner@gmail.com> wrote in message news:11...

User Form Help #6
Sorry Dave, Panic over, I was working on the wrong user form as I had severa versions opened at once !! the amend code work just fine Many thanks for your assistance Ro -- robertgu 44 Married two kid ----------------------------------------------------------------------- robertguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=596 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26983 Whew! I didn't have any more guesses! robertguy wrote: > > Sorry Dave, > > Panic over, I was working on the wrong user form as I h...

Add BIG5 chinese characters to excel using asp
G'day I am grabbing data out of a database and wanting to put it into cell A1. I do not seem to be able to make it add Chinese characters. I have all the Chinese fonts on etc and can add characters if I am using excel but not when I open the excel file using ASP. When I try using unicode from the database I get the &#H1234 etc Rather than the characters. I need to be able to grab a string of Traditional Chinese and dump it to Excel and have it display in chinese there. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. cheers PS win2k3 running Office 2000. ...

Stored Procedure
Looking for some assistance. I need to create a stored procedure for SSRS. Here is the query Select Distinct a.mpin, b.longdesc INTO #Specialties From dbo.PROV_SPECIALTIES a Inner Join dbo.SPECIALTY_TYPES b on a.spectypecd = b.spectypecd Inner Join dbo.PROF_LANGUAGE c ON a.mpin = c.mpin Where c.LanguageCd IN ('jap', 'kor', 'chi', 'man', 'can', 'vie') AND a.DirectoryInd = 'Y' AND a.PractInSpecInd = 'Y' Order by a.mpin Any assistance is greatly appreciated. -- Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.co...

Sales by Batch Report for HQ
Does anyone know of a report that will show sales by batch for HQ? I have a report that works at Store Operations but not HQ. If you know how, use Excel to do a SQL query on the BATCH table in HQ. Or just do it in HQ Administrator. Query: Select * From Batch You will get a wealth of data. Warning - you have to sum the Returns and Sales columns to get actual sales. To get just what you want, you could do: Select BatchNumber, ClosingTime, StoreID, Sales + Returns AS 'Total Sales' from Batch "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62982A...

How do I add a hyperlink to specific location in another document 04-14-10
I have two word documents. I want to jump from one document to a specific location in the other document. I can jump to the other document, but haven't figured a way to make it go to the bookmark I want it to. For example, I have a hyperlink in Document 1. I want that hyperlink to take me to Chapter 4 of Document 2. In Document 2, I have a bookmark named Chapter4. According to the field code help for HYPERLINK, you can add a switch for location (/l), but I have not figured out how to properly format it so that it works. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. ...

Excel freezes after any user action...
Hi Guys, We are having a problem with Excel 2003 freezing when we try to print, or click on a cell etc...pretty much, whenever the user makes an action, Excel freezes... We have tried a reinstall, but that didnt help...any ideas at all are appreciated. Cheers, Chris Chris, There are all sorts of things that can go wrong. Try turning off your virus protection (many people have reported bad interactions) and also try the steps described on Chip Pearson's site: though it is specifically startup errors, the same steps apply when trying to figure out freezing up problems. http://www.cp...

The add-in "C:\windows\system\ActExt.dll"
The add-in "C:\windows\system\ActExt.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and repair on the Help menu. Unable to load "C:\windows\system\ActExt.dll". You may be out of memory, out of system resources, or missing a .dll file. Is there a fix for this issue? Looked for a fix in the data base but your site wouldn't load the knowledgebase site. if you are no longer using the program the file references, find and delete extend.dat. otherwise, you'll need to reinstall the addin - in this case, its from Act! http://su...

Create Combo Box to Find a Record
I would like to create a combo box based on two fields on my form that will list each [CertificateNo] that is marked [Registered (Yes)]. Registered column is Yes/No. I made a query but the wizard will not let me find the record based on the query. I tried changing the Row Source in Properties to my query named [Registered Certificates] but, alas no luck. Is there anyone who can help me with this problem? Much appreciated. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200911/1 Hi Uschi, in the header of almost e...

problems with HQ connections
Hi . I am starting to have some problems in one of my clients. They have a location that run 18 stores running HQ r 1.2. Suddenly for some odd reason everytime the stores connect, create an incredible amount of connections (sometimes reaching 200 connections process) giving a hige degradation of performance. Does somebody know something about this?..... Thks in advance for your help Rodrigo ...

Creating user for change one schema
Hello there I have database with 10 schemas. all the authorization of the schemas is dbo for security purposes. I need to create user who can do anything on specific schema include create and drop objects and don't have any access to other schemas. Is there a way to do this? Roy Goldhammer (royg@yahoo.com) writes: > I have database with 10 schemas. > > all the authorization of the schemas is dbo for security purposes. > > I need to create user who can do anything on specific schema include > create and drop objects and don't have any acces...

Synchronizing between driver and user process
Microsoft technical article at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms810047.aspx Says: "This technique [driver ObReferenceObjectByHandle then KeSetEvent or KeResetEvent while user mode thread WaitForSingleObject] is suitable in situations where the driver routine and the user-mode thread that share the event always run in the same process context. In the layered WDM driver model, however, lower-level driver routines are not usually called in the context of the requesting thread or process." How is this possible? Synchronization objects, be they event, mutex or ...

User tried posting checks to closed period.
I have a user who tried to post payables checks to a closed period. They didn't tell me about it until after they had clicked through the error. The batch is showing a status of remittance processing. It doesn't show up under post checks or print checks but it does show up under edit checks. Nothing shows up under batch recovery. Is there a way to force the transactions on through? They have already mailed the checks so we don't have the option of voiding them somehow and redoing them. Robert Fann Sorry. I luckily found the batch under process remittance and ...

Select Records from One Table that Aren't in Another Table
I have two tables: one is a ParksUIC table containing a list of drywells. The other is a Lookup table containing all known potable discharge wells. what i want to do is create a query that will only select records from the ParksUIC table that ARE NOT in the Lookup table. This is easy to do for when I am trying to select records that ARE in both tables (just create a relational link between common fields) but what about when you want to invert the selection? Can this be done in one query? Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you, Ruben. On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:18:05 -0700, Jose Ruben Gonz...

Tables with criteria that adds up amounts
Hi, Aside from a very complicated IF formula, does anyone know if I have a criteria such as 3 mentioned in my example below where it can add the amounts from Criteria 1 to Criteria 3. I did think of VLookups and Sumifs formula's but would come up to $80k instead of the $150k I am looking for. Hope this all makes sense. Or if the IF formula is the only way to go, how would you set it up. Please assume that the number of criteria would be a lot higher than the four I use in this example. Thanks for your help! Example Criteria Amount 1 20,000.00 2 50,000.00 3 80,000.00...