HQ/Store date mismatch

We just deployed our 3rd store and eveyrthing was working fine, transactions
were being uploaded and everything.  Then, the store ops DB computer got
moved, and I guess at some point someone changed the date on the computer to
be a month in advance.

Now, all of our transactions from 4/25/2006 to 4/27/2006 are actually in the
DB as 5/25/2006 to 5/27/2006.

I just discovered the problem and changed the date on the Store Ops machine,
but I don't know what the best way to fix these transactions is, or if it is
even possible.

What I'd like to do is go change all of these transactions to be the right
date and I assume that involves removing them from HQ Server, changing the
date in Store Ops and then re-syncing...

Anyone know what SQL to run to change the dates?  Would this also change the
Closing/Batch dates as well?

Thanks,
Scott

3 stores[9 lanes] + HQ

0
ScottFC (5)
4/28/2006 3:21:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

We have never found a solution for changing all the sales data to the
correct date.  If someone has a solution, I would love to see it.
Another thing we found when stores set future dates is they will poll
at sales data between 4/25/2006 including the journals from that date
forward until you reach 5/25/2006.  In your case they will only poll
one months worth of data.  The timestamp at HQ doesn't reset until you
reach 5/25/2005.  We had stores that were taking 3+ hours to do a poll
on dial-up internet.  Microsoft spent 2 months working on a solution
with us and here is the simple query that reset the timestamp at HQ.

--Delete TimeStamp

SELECT * FROM TimeStampLog  WHERE ServerTime > getdate() ORDER BY
ServerTime DESC

--If the above query results in any rows, please save the results and
run the following query:

delete from timestamplog where ServerTime > getdate()

--This will remove those records so that they will not be considered
when deciding which --timestamp to use for data uploads.

--Then, run a 401 after deleting these entries to verify that large
recordsets are not being --uploaded

ScottFC wrote:
> We just deployed our 3rd store and eveyrthing was working fine, transactions
> were being uploaded and everything.  Then, the store ops DB computer got
> moved, and I guess at some point someone changed the date on the computer to
> be a month in advance.
>
> Now, all of our transactions from 4/25/2006 to 4/27/2006 are actually in the
> DB as 5/25/2006 to 5/27/2006.
>
> I just discovered the problem and changed the date on the Store Ops machine,
> but I don't know what the best way to fix these transactions is, or if it is
> even possible.
>
> What I'd like to do is go change all of these transactions to be the right
> date and I assume that involves removing them from HQ Server, changing the
> date in Store Ops and then re-syncing...
>
> Anyone know what SQL to run to change the dates?  Would this also change the
> Closing/Batch dates as well?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott
>
> 3 stores[9 lanes] + HQ

0
wesbaker (3)

RMS HQ Paid Out Report
is there a Paid Out report for Headquarters? I tried to use the one posted here a while back but it doubled each transaction. what went wrong? Thanks in advance ...

important dates in deluxe 2006
i use important dates in advisor fyi for important dates like aniversaries, b-days etc. i have an important date set for aug. 29, 2005 it was up for a day or two now its gone and advisor fyi states there are no important dates for this month. i thought it would atleast stay up until the specified date? ...

how do you auto populate the date in excel?
i need the date to change automatically on a daily basis - how do i do this - i know that you can auto populate the date in WORD so i figured you could do it in EXCEL try =today() in a cell -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "ccb/ws" <ccb/ws@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D102805F-44A4-4147-AA0F-2F54FC0019CD@microsoft.com... >i need the date to change automatically on a daily basis -...

Microsoft Access: How do I create a drop down list that stores the index value, but displays text value?
For example: I have my primary table called Projects with headers as follows: Projects ID, Project Name, Project Leader ID And I have a second table called Project Leaders which stores Project Leader ID as the primary key with headers as follows: Project Leader ID, Project Leader Name I am trying to create a Project Entry Form that displays and has a drop down of the Project Leader Names, but stores the Project Leader ID in the Projects Table. Thanks for your help! in your form, use a combo box control. set the RowSource to the Project Leaders table. number of columns, 2. column widths...

Shop Cost different from HQ Cost
We are using MS RMS at 14 stores and have an HQ database where item details are maintained. We use the Cost Update Worksheet to update item costs at the stores. The worksheet is reported as having processed successfully. However half the stores are showing the old cost and half showing the new cost (as reported in the ITEMDYNAMIC table through the "snapshot"). What might cause different stores to have different costs? (The item ID's are all okay so there appears to be no database integrity issue) Thanks in advance, Dave Dave, The first thing I do anymore when having issues...

Date Calculation

Rebuild HQ Item Data
I currently messed up with the HQ database. Since I still have an optimized database on my store, I would like to know if it is possible to import item and sales data into my "NEW HQ". I tried to sync it to the "NEW HQ" but RMS would not permit me because the store database is "flagged" to the "OLD HQ" Thanks ...

calc. an anniversary date(50 years) after marriage date in excel
I need to be able to accurately calculate an anniversary date. For example I need to add 50 years to the marriage date e.g October 22 1960 and get October 22nd 2010. Just adding 18,250 days does not do it. I guess, I need to take account of leap years? Thanks Duncan Or let excel handle it. If A1 contains the date: Oct 22, 1960 You could use: =date(year(a1)+50,month(a1),day(a1)) (format the cell as a date) And you'd be done. There would be a problem with a date like Feb 29. 50 years in the future won't be a leap year. If you're concerned about that...

Stored Procedure
Looking for some assistance. I need to create a stored procedure for SSRS. Here is the query Select Distinct a.mpin, b.longdesc INTO #Specialties From dbo.PROV_SPECIALTIES a Inner Join dbo.SPECIALTY_TYPES b on a.spectypecd = b.spectypecd Inner Join dbo.PROF_LANGUAGE c ON a.mpin = c.mpin Where c.LanguageCd IN ('jap', 'kor', 'chi', 'man', 'can', 'vie') AND a.DirectoryInd = 'Y' AND a.PractInSpecInd = 'Y' Order by a.mpin Any assistance is greatly appreciated. -- Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.co...

Sales by Batch Report for HQ
Does anyone know of a report that will show sales by batch for HQ? I have a report that works at Store Operations but not HQ. If you know how, use Excel to do a SQL query on the BATCH table in HQ. Or just do it in HQ Administrator. Query: Select * From Batch You will get a wealth of data. Warning - you have to sum the Returns and Sales columns to get actual sales. To get just what you want, you could do: Select BatchNumber, ClosingTime, StoreID, Sales + Returns AS 'Total Sales' from Batch "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62982A...

Dates Wrong In Imported E-mails
I just upgraded to Microsoft Outlook 2003. I imported my messages from Outlook Express. For some reason, quite a few of my messages have the wrong RECEIVED date. The RECEIVED date is the date when I imported the messages instead of when they were originally sent. Did I do something wrong? What happened? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, BTJustice Instead of importing from Outlook export from within Outlook Express. The dates will stick now. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Offic...

problems with HQ connections
Hi . I am starting to have some problems in one of my clients. They have a location that run 18 stores running HQ r 1.2. Suddenly for some odd reason everytime the stores connect, create an incredible amount of connections (sometimes reaching 200 connections process) giving a hige degradation of performance. Does somebody know something about this?..... Thks in advance for your help Rodrigo ...

Between date and time
How do you calculate two dates with hours, minutes and seconds included... Also, the data is all numbers like 20080514235050 to 20080515000505 (yyyymmddhhmmss)... Thanks.. You will pretty much need to parse the date out and then do your calculation. If your date is in E4 =DATE(LEFT(E4,4),MID(E4,5,2),MID(E4,7,2))+TIME(MID(E4,9,2),MID(E4,11,2),RIGHT(E4,2)) Will get your number into a date, then use it again on the other date an put the two together for the calculation so if one date was in E4 and the other in F4 and you wanted the difference =DATE(LEFT(E4,4),MID(E4,5,2),MID(E4,7,2))+TI...

Query export automatically to Excel with today's date
the more I look around for this answer, the more confused I get. Here's what I want to do: 1.) Create a command button on my main form 2.) When this command buttom is pressed, run a query and export the output of this querry to excel with the file name query_today's date. I know this can be done, but all these threads are just confusing me more and more. Thanks! -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200712/1 never mind, figured it out. Any one know how to have the Excel file save to the current date? chris23892...

Reports in HQ
Does any one have a copy of the Sales>Department Costs/Sales for HQ as the installation does not have it? I have this report in the reports folder but When I go into HQ Manager into the reports > Sales > Department Cost/Sales it comes up with the qrp does not exist. "Jeff" wrote: > Kirsten, > > Not sure what you are talking about. The report is on both the 1.2 and 1.3 > CD's that I have. Look in the; > > \HQ\program files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters\Reports > folder > > Anyway the 1.3 version is attached. > ...

where do outlook express messages get stored?
Hello, Where do the actual outlook express messages get stored on my computer? when I view info on the size of my outlook express folder it shows like 4mb, but I have like over 1 gig of emails/attachments. any help would be nice thanks Andrew Hi, Andrew: This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft....

HQ: New customers not being added to HQ with WS401
Recently created customers at all four of my stores have not been transmitted to HQ since Saturday. The 'missing' customers have no HQID in the Store Ops database (of course). I have tried making a change and clicking OK to change the LastUpdated value in hopes of having the data go to HQ with the next WS401. So far, no luck. WS410s have been running normally and HQ Manager shows all WS401s as being completed successfully. Ideas? Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail Are the customers set as Global customers ? Mihir Diviasoft, Inc www.diviasoft.com "Terrible Tom" <...

Retail Realm HQ Utility [New Add-On Release for RMS HQ Users]
FYI - Retail Realm is releasing its New HQ Utility - [End user Price US$700] The HQ add-on has many features. This add-on has been designed to enhance the Microsoft RMS HQ. The features are: - Acknowledge Worksheets [Specify the dates and decides which WS needs to be acknowledged] - Delete Acknowledge Worksheets [Specify the dates and decides which Acknowledge WS needs to be Deleted] - Item Dynamic Fix [Fix the missing records in the Item Dynamic Tables] - Purchase Order Control [Control PO placed at stores, modify, edit, reject or accept “Mark as Placed”]. This feature treats the ...

HQ Client not processing all worksheets
Hi All, Anyone got pointers as to why my hq client will only process worksheets if I manually establish a connection to the server at HQ and then manually set off hq client? Client and server are both SP2. There is a simple PPtP tunnel that serves as the connection directly to the server. As far as I can tell the store database and HQ database are in synch as is reported by HQ client. It then just gives up. ....and another thng....Is there anyone in Australia - Melbourne particularly who is using RMS successfully? Regards Dan Dan, Have you set up a connection schedule between t...

date formula not working correct
I am having trouble with this formula for the weeking ending. If I open up my file on sunday the week ending date still has the previous week ending =TODAY()+(6-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),2)) one way: =TODAY()+(7-WEEKDAY(TODAY()) In article <eyVoKwW#DHA.3500@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Bob" <rlabonte@verizon.net> wrote: > I am having trouble with this formula for the weeking ending. If I open up > my file on sunday the week ending date still has the previous week ending > > =TODAY()+(6-WEEKDAY(TODAY(),2)) > > ...

MPQ on a Store or HQ Report
I need to be able to make up order sheets for staff to use on the shop floor when doing orders, i cant find any reports which have MPQ availalbe which i really need.... any ideas? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0662_01C6F88C.112F4BE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Philip, What report are you looking for it to be on? --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader = to see and download the file attachment. If you ...

Scheduled Payments Posting Date
Hi, Is it possible to change the posting date on the RM Scheduled Payments? The user should be able to change the date when posting the individual schedules. Currently that is not possible. Thanks, Sandeep. ...

HQ Server HQ Client
Running HQ Server and HQ Client version 2.0.0120. I have set them to run as a service using KB article 921200 How to set RMS HQ Server & HQ Client as a Windows service. When I look in services it shows them as running, however they are not communicating. What would prevent them from running as scheduled? In my experience, setting up HQ Client to run as a service results in the service not communicating when the computer reboots. The service is running, but no communication happens with the server. There's no log info anywhere that points to a problem. Restarting the se...

average hourly output for date, result shown by day
hello there, i have a template in excel2007 that is blank until the data will begin to be entered, in column A i have the date in the format 14/03/01, in column D i have hours worked (in regular number eg 2.89) and in column M i have output in units. i was wondering if there was a formula that could return the average hourly output and total output in the style below? Average Hourly Output Total Output Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday i have tried setting up another column that corresponds to the date column A, and trying to get the...

transferring data from HQ to another
A company using 2 HQ, one for merchandizing purpose and the other for ticketing. Now the company has decided that they will use 1 HQ for both purposes ( ticketing and merchandizing ). How can i put the data in one database ??-- -- Ali ...