How to use

I am building COM add-ins to POS with  VB.NET
I'd like tu use QSRules.Session.Database to run stored procedure
But I don't know how.
Procedure has one input parameter and the other is output parameter.
Can anyone know how I should do that?

Thanks, Ene
0
screen (12)
11/17/2006 8:38:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You're not going to be able use the output parameter using the functions
in QSRules.  You need a command object to set the parameters and
retrieve the output value after running the command.  QSRules will let
you run a sp that returns a recordset, but nothing that lets you work
with a command as far as I know.

You can steal the connection string from QSRules by running a simple
query then checking the ActiveConnection property of the returned
recordset.  Of curse, that connectionstring only works in ADO - if you
want to use the .Net SQL Connection objects, you'll have to parse and
reformat the connection string...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Ene wrote:
> I am building COM add-ins to POS with  VB.NET
> I'd like tu use QSRules.Session.Database to run stored procedure
> But I don't know how.
> Procedure has one input parameter and the other is output parameter.
> Can anyone know how I should do that?
>
> Thanks, Ene
0
glenn9672 (1267)
11/17/2006 4:47:29 PM
What is the connection string for ADO and for .NET connection object? Having
problems with these - using Visual Studio 2005 express edition.

Thanks
Danny

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com> wrote in
message news:uqtZVgmCHHA.4016@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> You're not going to be able use the output parameter using the functions
> in QSRules.  You need a command object to set the parameters and retrieve
> the output value after running the command.  QSRules will let you run a sp
> that returns a recordset, but nothing that lets you work with a command as
> far as I know.
>
> You can steal the connection string from QSRules by running a simple query
> then checking the ActiveConnection property of the returned recordset.  Of
> curse, that connectionstring only works in ADO - if you want to use the
> .Net SQL Connection objects, you'll have to parse and reformat the
> connection string...
>
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>

> Ene wrote:
>> I am building COM add-ins to POS with  VB.NET
>> I'd like tu use QSRules.Session.Database to run stored procedure
>> But I don't know how.
>> Procedure has one input parameter and the other is output parameter.
>> Can anyone know how I should do that?
>>
>> Thanks, Ene

0
lane.dj (172)

Can a defined name be used in the header of a worksheet in Excel?
I have a mulit-sheet workbook. I what to use the same value defined in the workbook in all of worksheet headers. Is that possible? I'm using Excel 2002 (10.6501.6714) SP3 Only via VBA -- HTH Bob Phillips "Shapirotwin1" <Shapirotwin1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F6A7236-0C3E-42E8-817C-53603A7AEEAF@microsoft.com... > I have a mulit-sheet workbook. I what to use the same value defined in the > workbook in all of worksheet headers. Is that possible? I'm using Excel > 2002 (10.6501.6714) SP3 ...

Would like a basic lesson, please, in what these Email types mean and how they are used in AD
We use Active Directory on a Windows 2000 Server domain (native mode). We use MS Exchange Server 2000 for our email/collaboration. She is trying to use the GroupWise client, and connected to a GW server, outside of our network, to do her email, check other managers' calendars, etc. She can send and receive Internet email just fine. She can send and receive email at this wider network just fine. She can send email to me (within our network), but any email I send to her, or any email she sends to me and I reply to, never gets to her. The funny thing is that we never get any "undel...

What's the best 'full screen' flv viewer to use with Win98?
Tried three of flv players: ?? Flash Movie Player Riva something all come up with a postage stamp sized screen that is NOT adjustable. Anybody out there make a great flv player that is FULL SCREEN? Works on Win98FE Robert "Robert A. Macy" <macy@california.com> wrote in message news:a7448cff-3c99-46c7-a955-e09b72789771@g23g2000vbr.googlegroups.com... > Tried three of flv players: > ?? > Flash Movie Player > Riva something > > all come up with a postage stamp sized screen that is NOT adjustable. > > Anybody out there make ...

Using A97 & 2002
Hi I have a database in Access 2002 at work. I need to use it also on my Pc which only has Access 97 and I can't upgrade it. Is it possible to copy the data backward and forwar or do you need a tool to do this? Thanks Hi Tom, Repeated conversion between formats is asking for trouble. The best approach IME is to split the database (see http://members.iinet.net.au/~allenbrowne/ser-01.html for more). Then convert the back end and a copy of the front end into Access 97 format and take them home. Both Access 2002 and Access 97 will happily use the Access-97 format back end mdb as you cop...

How do I format a cell, so the user must use a user calendar? #2
I created a user calendar by means of a macro. I want to set a cell in the workbook so when someone clicks on the cell the calendar automatically comes up so they can select a date. ...

No alert when file in use
We are not always getting the "file in use" alert when a second user opens a spreadsheet. The problem seems to have started as we migrate to XP machines with Office XP, although it also now occurs on W98 PC's. The second user opens the file and when they finish their update and try to save it, they get a message that it is open read only. It sometimes occurs with Word as well. Are any of the spreadsheet shared? That could be a reason why you arent receiving the file in use alert. If not, when both spreadsheet are open and didnt receive a message, check the path of e...

Using OE with my Juno e-mail account
I use Juno e-mail but I noticed that I also have Outlook Express on my computer which I would prefer to use. Is there a way to send and receive e-mail using OE but keeping my Juno address and service? I have a standard dial-up connection. OS is Win98SE. If this is possible, I would need simple, step-by-step instructions for setting it up. Thank you, Relztrah Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You ca...

how do i autofill without using mouse?
how do i autofill without using mouse? anyone here know the shortcut for this? thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Alt + E + I +S & Enter for 1, 2 etc.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "sokevin >" <<sokevin.10x964@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:sokevin.10x964@excelforum-nospam.com... > how do i autofill without using mouse? > > anyone here know the shortcut for this? > > > thanks > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > ...

Run workflow using javascript ?
Is it possible to start a workflow rule using onchange script ? I want a rule to fill out zip code, country, city from a new entity when a lookup zipcode field is changed. It is working now as a test if status is changed, but that is status of the account and not the field. Jack -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere. Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at f� 14181 spam-mails Betalende brugere f�r ikke denne besked i deres e-mails. Hent en gratis SPAMfighter her. Hi Jack, If you can ...

using hyperlink to open image file from a button
I use the hyperlink function to open an image file on the hard disk whose address is contained in a cell. But can I get this to attach to a button using a macro or can I open a file whose address is contained in a cell in some other way. I used a button from the Forms toolbar and placed it on my worksheet. I assigned it this macro: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim BTN As Button Dim testStr As String Dim myCell As Range With ActiveSheet Set BTN = .Buttons(Application.Caller) Set myCell = ActiveCell Set myCell = .Cells(BTN.TopLeftCell.Row, "A&...

Using Sales for Outlook from home
Is it possible to use Sales for Outlook from home, i mean, not on a vpn to your office network? If i take my laptop , which has Sales for Outlook installed, since i m able to use Outlook, as long as i have internet access, can i also have access to my CRM? Responses are much appreciated. Yes, you can use it from home. It is possible to "Go Offline" with the Outlook SFO. After that you can work with the Outlook SFO without a online connection to the MS CRM server. When you are back in the office you can go "Online" and all your changes will synchronized. -- _____...

Decimal Place goes crazy when using the "&" Sign.
Hi, Basic Formula in A1 says: B1*C1. This works. I have all cells formatted to Number Format with 0 decimal place(s). I also have the 1000 separator (,) check box checked. If I change the same formula in A1 to: B1*C1&" lbs." .....A1 gives the right answer but shows a zillion decimal places with it. Is there a tip anyone could give me on what is happening and a suggestion for getting rid of the decimal places? Because of the &" lbs." does Excel maybe think the formula is text? I don't know. Thank-you in advance, Amy When yo...

Mail Merge without using Word
I want todo a mail merge using a excell template as the document tobe sent out. 1 Excell spreadsheet contains the address and the other the template letter, Is this possable. Thanks Garry On Friday, March 30, 2012 1:30:40 PM UTC-5, Garry wrote: > I want todo a mail merge using a excell template as the document tobe > sent out. > 1 Excell spreadsheet contains the address and the other the template > letter, Is this possable. > > Thanks > Garry If you are talking about putting the address and salutation in the body of a letter that is easy enough to do with a looping macr...

Sorting using formula
I have the following rows A B C D E Bill A 5 1 Bill B 8 Bill B 8 2 Bill A 5 Bill C 2 3 Bill D 3 Bill D 3 4 Bill C 2 I column D I have this formula =INDEX($A$1:$A$4,ROW(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(MATCH(LARGE($B$1:$B$4,C1),$B$1:$B$4,0),1))),1) That I use to produce the list and in column E =LARGE($B$1:$B$4;C1) Actually to sort the two first rows without sorting them. But the problem is, that if two or more entries in column B is the same, it does not work. If Bill B and C both has the valueof 8 the list in column D will appear as...

No errors on sending using Outlook, yet messages not received
Using Windows 2000 Small Business Server, I receive emails to my Outlook address ok. But outgoing emails, other than to myself, do not arrive at the addressee, inspite of successful delivery tracking notices. This problem is on all computers in the network. They can all receive, but thier outgoing message don't 'get out'. ...

Is there a file converter for Excel 200 that I can use to open a .
I need to open a file created in Quattro Pro version 10.0.0.671 in my Excel 2000...How can I possibly do that? Hi Excel does not have such a file converter. You either save your file in QP as Excel file or you may have a look at www.dataviz.com for a commercial converter -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Amy wrote: > I need to open a file created in Quattro Pro version 10.0.0.671 in my > Excel 2000...How can I possibly do that? ...

Installing Admin Group using ADSIEDIT
i have read several articles where they mention i have to create my administrave group first before installing E2k3 using ADSIedit. can anybody help me on this issue? is there any documentation on hoe to edit the AD exchange attributes? That is probably NOT the best way to accomplish creating Admin groups before Exchange is installed. Here is what I do. Run your Exchange setup /forestprep first. Then, install ONLY the Exchange Admin tools. Create your Adminstrative group structure and routing group structure (if necessary). Then, install your first server. You will be prompted f...

Using the solver in excel 2000
I use excel to record my timesheets for work. I write in the time i arrive, the time i leave and the time spent on my lunch break. I use basic formulas to calculate the hours for each day and the total for the week, which is a maximum of 36 hours. DAY MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY START 8:30 8:30 8:15 8:00 8:00 FINISH 17:00 17:00 16:00 16:30 14:30 LUNCH 0:45 0:45 0:45 0:45 0:45 TOTAL 7:45 7:45 7:00 7:45 5:45 GRAND TOTAL 7:45:00 15:30:00 22:30:00 30:15:00 36:00:00 I want to use the solver to allow me to see what time i could finish later in the week by solving the timesheet t...

Outlook only use window log on.
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 to access my exchange server POP3/SMTP mail. Everything i try to get my mail it will not use the user/password i put into the program it only use the computer window login name/password. How do i change this? Thanks, Dimsion. Dimsion wrote: > Hi, > > I'm using Outlook 2003 to access my exchange server POP3/SMTP mail. Which one? Or do you mean you access your Exchange server via POP? OR that you have both Exchange & POP mail in your Outlook profile? > Everything i try to get my mail it will not use the user/password i > put into t...

how can i obtain polynomial constants when using trendlines.
how can i obtain polynomial constants when using trendlines. i sometimes need to used these constants in other calculations but must manually enter them in another context. Hi, Let's suppose that the x- and y- ranges are in A2:A51 and B2:B51 respectively, and you are fitting a 6-order polynomial to your data. Select a 7 column x 1 row area, enter the following formula, and confirm with CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER. =LINEST(B2:B51,A2:A51^{0,1,2,3,4,5,6},0,) The formula will return the 7 coefficients, starting from the zeroth order and ending with the 6th order. If you want to have the co...

How to select Chart without using Mouse?
Hi.... Is there any option on how to select the chart without using mouse button. Ex.: I have created the bar chart using mouse and clicked on the empty cell.... now tell me how to select that chart without using mouse. Need response at the earliest. Regards On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >Is there any option on how to select the chart without using mouse button. Alt-E Edit menu G Go To.. Alt-S Special Alt-b Objects Enter Tab until you get to the chart object you want Context menu ke...

Using an email list
When I send an email to a list I compiled, it seems that each recipient sees the whole list. How can I send the email to each person so he/she sees only their name and not the names of the other recipnents? 1-Is there a way to "hide" the names of the other recipients? 2-Is there a way to do more than hide the names of the others -- but to prevent the savvy recipient from seeing them? Thanx in advance. Dave In news:1155742168.330994.234730@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com, dave <drafky@fl.aspira.org> typed: > When I send an email to a list I compiled, it seems that each &g...

Remote client that uses Headquarters Manager unable to download it
I've got a remote client which connects to Headquarters via Headquarters Manager. I am able to go to most items on the Database menu, but Database-> items does not download the item list. I've even tried running a query using Headquarters Manager to no avail. Please help. Where are the items missing? HQ or Store? "pangyan" wrote: > I've got a remote client which connects to Headquarters via Headquarters > Manager. I am able to go to most items on the Database menu, but Database-> > items does not download the item list. I've even tried running a...

Cannot restore backup money file. Backup was 2004, using 2005.
I'm trying to restore a money file for a friend. I've searched google and google groups for a few hours and I'm out of ideas. I need help something fierce. I only, ONLY have the backup file. I do not have the org. money file. So far I've: - Tried to do a basic restore on the backup. I get this error: "Money cannot locate 'xxx.mbf' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected" - Made sure the file wasn't read only and that it wasn't on read only media...

Help!!! Using WildCards for Find and Replace
Hi there, I am using PPT 2007. I am want to use WildCards function for finding and replacing a string. My problem is, many ppt decks I will get will have phone numbers as (xxx)-xxx-xxxx. I want to replace all those formats to +1 xxx xxx xxxx. (adding +1, removing brackets for first three digits, and replacing hyphens with spaces) In Word, we have an option of using Wild Cards while using Find and Replace option. But in PPT, I am unable to do the same function. I need search where it is used and to manually replace each. This is the command I use in Word: Find What : ...