how to return serial number of serialized item that was just scann

is there a property that will return the serial number of the item just added
if the item is serialized?  i need to set the value of a variable with this
serial number, to populate a text field in a userform.  is this possible?

thank you,
kevin
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I don't know if this is it but have you tried...
TransactionEntry.Serialized Property
The Serialized property gets the serialized item for the transaction entry.

Public Property Get Serialized(  ) As SerializedItem

Property Value
SerializedItem object that contains the serialized item for the transaction
entry. If the item for the transaction entry is not a serialized item this
property is a null reference.

Rob

"kskinne" <kskinnerNOSPAM@win-4-u.com> wrote in message
> is there a property that will return the serial number of the item just
> added
> if the item is serialized?  i need to set the value of a variable with
> this
> serial number, to populate a text field in a userform.  is this possible?
>
> thank you,
> kevin

0
Rob
4/7/2006 3:03:36 PM
yes:

..Serialized.Number1

returned the information i needed

thanks Rob,
Kevin

"Rob" wrote:

> I don't know if this is it but have you tried...
> TransactionEntry.Serialized Property
> The Serialized property gets the serialized item for the transaction entry.
>
> Public Property Get Serialized(  ) As SerializedItem
>
> Property Value
> SerializedItem object that contains the serialized item for the transaction
> entry. If the item for the transaction entry is not a serialized item this
> property is a null reference.
>
> Rob
>
> "kskinne" <kskinnerNOSPAM@win-4-u.com> wrote in message
> > is there a property that will return the serial number of the item just
> > added
> > if the item is serialized?  i need to set the value of a variable with
> > this
> > serial number, to populate a text field in a userform.  is this possible?
> >
> > thank you,
> > kevin

Cropping text from a number
Hi I am doing a staight comparisions of two numbers in two different cells (a percentage increase) However one of the numbers I am using has an asterisk on the left hand end of the number. Obviously excel cannot calculate the increase given it is not redaing the cell as a number. How can I right a formula so that excell does not read the asterisk rather only the number any help would be appreciated Hi Matt! You could set up an extra column to the right of the offending numbers and use: Data > Text to Columns Or you could set up and extra column and parse the offending numbers ...

Error when importing serialized items using IM
I'm having a problem importing items with their serial numbers in GP 9.0. The integration runs but kicks out the error - "The maximum number of serial numbers has been entered for this item". Knowledge base offers no help. There isn't anyhting in this group relating to the error. Has anyone else encountered this error and if so, found a way to resolve it? Thanks much for your help. Frank Hamelly NOVA Solutions LLC ...

Conditional Format for Numbers
Is it possible in Excel to conditionally format a Number type in a cell based on another cell? Example A1 is a dropdown with "Variance $" and "Variance %" And in A2 I have an IF statement that that will give a result from two other cells. What I want A2 to show is either $#.## or ##% depending on what I have in the drop down. Any help would be great. Thanks Tyson On 27 Jun 2005 12:36:59 -0700, "Tyson" <tmunee@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is it possible in Excel to conditionally format a Number type in a cell >based on another cell? > >Example &...

Disappearing menu item
I set up Outlook 2003 to include News groups under the Go menu as described by the help files. It worked fine for a while but has now disappeared from the menu! Not only that but now it isn't in the Customise options either so Ican't add it again. Now I can only access news groups by loading Outlook Express directly. Anyone know of a way of adding News to the dropdown menus again? Regards, Jerry ...

filtering account numbers from a worksheet
I'm new to excel. I have created a spreadsheet containing my newspaper's subscriber list, containing account numbers and addresses. I want to merge another list of subscribers(with account numbers and addresses) with the first list to scrub those addresses, etc. from that list. Can anyone advise me? Hi not completely sure what you're trying to do. But as a starting point: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#InOneNotOther http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingCommon -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany fouraker wrote: > I'm new to excel. I...

multiply a row by a certain number?
i am having trouble with excel i want to multiply this row by 1.4 and make it appear next to it if anyone can help thank you if you mean multiply each item in a column then this will work. Modify to suit Sub multiplyall() For Each c In Range("c7:c10") c.Offset(, 1) = c * 1.4 Next End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "multiply a row by a certain number?" <multiply a row by a certain number?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C84A6F67-03CD-4902-9760-36051A179831@microsoft.com... > i am having trouble with excel i want to multipl...

How do I count the number of cells
I have several dozens columns and 52 rows containing Data. All the columns are labled Odd or Even In the final (right most) Column I want to count the number of times that that coulmn has data in it The last row belows shows what the answer should be Total Total Odd Even Odd Even Odd Even Odd 5 1 2 ????? ????? 1 7 6 3 ????? ????? 5 1 2 ????? ????? 1 2 9 3 1 3 PLease help =COUNTA() - will count the number of non blank cells. In the brackets place the range name (for example A1:A2). Please hit Yes if my comments have helped. Thanks. &...

Customer Returns
I'd like to know if there someone has written a RMS report that shows the customer account number, customer's name (last, first), and other customer statistics that INCLUDE pieces purchased and pieces returned. Or, if someone with more knowledge of SQL would care to share their coding expertise to accomplish the same, it would be appreciated. ...

How do I count odd numbers in a range?
Could someone please help me!!! I am trying to count how many odd and even numbers there in a range. I have tried to use the 'countif' , 'iseven' and 'isodd' formulas. However, I have been unsuccessful. Can someone please let me know if this can be done? Here's a formula from an older post by Peo Sjoblom that seems to do what you want: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(A1:A22,2)=1)) Adjust the range as necessary. tj "Rob" wrote: > Could someone please help me!!! > > I am trying to count how many odd and even numbers there in a range. I have > trie...

Hi, I got Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 in Native Mode and when I receive bad mail the response is made from postmaster@mydomain.com but the return-path field is blank. With some anti-spam filter this Email is Junk. Return-Path: <> Anybody know how to specifeid a return-path to the NDR mail? _____________ Thank you Sebastien On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 12:48:04 -0800, "Sebas" <Sebas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I got Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 in Native Mode and when I receive >bad mail the response is made from postmaster@mydomain.c...

weighted random numbers
Would appreciated any help on this. I'm looking to create a spreadsheet that can generate weighted random numbers much like professional sports leagues do with their draft lotteries. I play in a league with 20 teams and we have a draft every year. I would like to generate a lottery where the teams that finished near the bottom would have a greater ( say i.e 25%) chance of selecting the 1st pick than the teams that finished near the top. Any input would be appreciated. Thx Jorge Jorge <eisen_h...@yahoo.com> wrote... >Would appreciated any help on this. I'm looking to cr...

Page Numbering Management
Example: If you have a 6 page spreadsheet Is there a way to change the order of page numbering. For instance, pages 1 to 4 will be numbered 1 to 4 (that's the easy part). Problem is: Pages 5 and 6 will have to be numbered 1 and 2 Is that possible, changing the order of page numbering? Ben Excel has a setting in page setup. (file>page setup>page>first page number), set this with a number, eg 5 and it will start with a page number of 5 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Ben" <anonymous@discussions....

Query regarding A,B,C char. width values returned in 16-bit and 32-bit OS
I am trying to retrieve individual character widths of a string (from a TrueType font) and I tried using GetCharWidth (which weirdly works for TrueType fonts too tho' MSDN says otherwise) and/or GetCharABCWidths to retrieve the A,B and C spacings. Please note that I have selected the TrueType font (hFont) into the Device Context (hDC). I used GetCharABCWidths. Problem is this: GetCharABCWidths returns correct A,B and C widths in Win 98 and incorrect (much lesser A,B and C widths such that the characters OVERLAP) in other 32-bit OS (NT, XP). The effect is seen across all TrueType fonts, th...

Site for SOP Returns
Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard Orders? Yes. You must make sure to change the site when performing a Return Transaction. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Everton Raymond" wrote: > Is it possible to have a different default Site ID for Returns than Standard > Orders? Sorry, I did not see the word "default" in your post until after I r...

Lost my Sent items folder
I recently cleaned up the too many e-mails I had in my inbox by creating a series of personal folders to organize and store them. So far so good. Next I noticed that my sent items folder was a subfolder of my deleted items folder (don't know why) Which I promptly emptied ..DOH!! Now I do not have a sent items floder, it vanished. My e-mail is going out OK but the mail shows it is staying in the outbox folder.This is all new to me, and I sincerely do not believe I messed with these folders (other than emptiying deleted items) I am running XP and Office 2003, and it is a corporate machine. ...

Counting how many times a number appears in a list?(EXCEL)
hi, got a small problem in excel, situation as below: grade 1 2 3 1 2 1 2 3 4 1 1 what formula do I use to count how many times (e.g) 1 appears in th list? I thought I could do it with the Count function but haven managed to. Cheers -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The "countif" formula should do! Dunca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =COUNTIF(A1:A15,1) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "sox >" <<sox.152stn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:sox.152stn@excelforum-nospam.com... > hi, got a small problem in excel...

Report for Returns
Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can see if any customers are making habit of this? Thanks and regards, Rich hitman, Try running a detailed sales report filtered to only negative sales displayed. Good luck, Matt "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B3EE780-2655-45B4-B3C6-1F5D35FFA2A7@microsoft.com... > Anyone know a why to report on frequency of customer returns -- so we can > see > if any customers are making habit of this? > > Thanks and regards, > > Rich ...

When I type numbers in currency all I get is #######
After I type an amount in a cell, it turns to pound signs as soon as I go to the next cell. How can I fix this? Amanda Make the column wider -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "mommy4shane" <mommy4shane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CAD94EE-EC45-4C10-9402-DBC94723CCD4@microsoft.com... > After I type an amount in a cell, it turns to pound signs as soon as I go > to > the next cell. How can I fix this? > > Amanda It could mean a few things. 1. The columnwidth is too narrow to show the number. Widen the colu...

Number of Calendar Exeptions
Hello, does someone knows how many exceptions I can have at one calendar? I want to automatically update the resource calendars with nonworking time and wondering wether there is a limitation of entries... Thanks for answering.. Steffen Hello Stephen, Try to find "Project Specifications": Project 2003 : http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project/HP453051461033.aspx Calendar exceptions per calendar 1,400 Project 2007: Testing was able to add more than 15 000 exceptions to a base calendar. G�rard Ducouret "Steffen" <Steffen@discussions.microsoft...

Printing Serial Numbers barcodes along with item code barcode
We use code 128a for or barcode format in-house. I've been trying to find a way within RMS's Label Designer, using an aftermarket code 128a font to add the serial number to the barcode label. I've been able to use the code 128a font for the serial number field, but that won't generate the necessary start code, checksum code and the stop code. So it's useless. My goal is to print the item code barcode and the serial number barcode on the same barcode label within the Label Designer. Does anyone know of a utility/add-in, etc. that will insert the correctly encoded ...

Returning the Beginning of the week
Returning the beginning of the week. e.g. if the date == 02/03/04 (Friday 2nd March 2004) the beginning week for that date == 01/03/04 (Thursday 1st March 2004) Hows does one go about achieving this? Regards -- Rizitsu ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rizitsu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15840 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=314968 This formula will take a date in cell A1 and give the start of the wee in B1 * assumes that monday is the start of the week, so i...

Convert date to number
I am wanting to convert date using the today() function to the date only for a sum. e.g. A1 =Today() B1= 300 C1= B1/A1 The cell that divides would be where the date conversion is made. Hope that makes sense Any help is appreciated Andrew Hi Andrew, The date is a number already. Just format A1 as General and you'll see the date serial number. What do you want to achieve? If you need the date number without the year: =A1-DATE(YEAR(A1),1,1)+1, Format as General or number (Excel will format it automatically as date, which is not what you need) If you just want to show the date withou...

Sent Items #7
Hi All, I have a user that is having problems with their sent items folder. All was working fine up to one week ago, after this point when he sends a email the email is no longer stored in his sent items. Had a look into the options tab making sure the check box is checked for copying a sent email into to his sent items. Am at a loss with this one, not sure what to try next. W2k Outlook express 6. He has not installed anynew software, and he system is up-to-date virus defintions / patchs. Any help would be great. Thanks Matt try one of the support options here: http://support....

NUMBER FORMAT #8
CREATE A NEW NUMBER FORMAT SO THAT THE SELECTED DATES WILL APPEAR ONLY AS THE FULL NAME OF THE DAYS OF THE WEEK. Assuming your dates are valid Excel dates, format them as "dddd" in th custom format area :cool -- ElsiePO ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ElsiePOA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=390 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26286 ...

Just released: Excel 2007 XLL Software Development Kit
The Microsoft Office Excel 2007 XLL Software Development Kit is out the door at long last. Many Excel developers have been waiting for the new XLL SDK for a long time now, since we released Office 2007 at the end of last year. It took us longer than we had initially thought to update the SDK content and develop the new documentation, but we hope that you will find the wait was worthwhile, and will be satisfied with the quality of the final SDK we've just released - the API files, the framework and code samples, and of course the extensive and detailed documentation. Please find the...