How to read MSR

I need to read our membership card ID when it is swiped through a MSR. Is
there anybody having experience in reading MSR? The Register class has a
member of MSR. But what does MSR object contain? How could a COM addin
retrieve the information that MSR object contains?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

--
Thanks,
-lz

MSR object allows you to access an OPOS based MSR.  Most MSRs are keyboard
emulators - they just act as really really fast typists.  If you have an
OPOS MSR device - like some Cherry USB keyboards contain, you have to
configure them as devices in RMS Manager - Register Properties.  The MSR
Object you can access is the device set up in Register Properties.

I would abandon this idea of allowing the scan to occur anytime and have the
cashier kick off a customer ID process from a Custom POS Button.

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"lzcouponex" <lzcouponex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to read our membership card ID when it is swiped through a MSR. Is
> there anybody having experience in reading MSR? The Register class has a
> member of MSR. But what does MSR object contain? How could a COM addin
> retrieve the information that MSR object contains?
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> -lz

0
glenn1806 (721)
8/7/2005 9:25:14 PM
Thanks, Glenn, your advice enlightened me.

--
Thanks,
-lz

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> MSR object allows you to access an OPOS based MSR.  Most MSRs are keyboard
> emulators - they just act as really really fast typists.  If you have an
> OPOS MSR device - like some Cherry USB keyboards contain, you have to
> configure them as devices in RMS Manager - Register Properties.  The MSR
> Object you can access is the device set up in Register Properties.
>
> I would abandon this idea of allowing the scan to occur anytime and have the
> cashier kick off a customer ID process from a Custom POS Button.
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "lzcouponex" <lzcouponex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I need to read our membership card ID when it is swiped through a MSR. Is
> > there anybody having experience in reading MSR? The Register class has a
> > member of MSR. But what does MSR object contain? How could a COM addin
> > retrieve the information that MSR object contains?
> >
> > Any help is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > --
> > Thanks,
> > -lz

0
lzcouponex (29)

How to enumerate/read resources from executable file?
Hello, I want to enumerate all resources from executable file. in that I Got a article where it enumarate all resources but I want more than that, As I want to enumarate also resources name I got success in enumarate Menus and submenus.(reading there names) now I want to enumarate All HotKeys, means accelerator,with all there names like (Alt + f) so How can I read all this? Thanks in advances for reply. ...

New messages showing up as read messages
Hello, I have two users running windows 2000 with office XP pro. They currently seem to be overlooking some of their new messages in the inboxes because when they show up their status shows as read instead of a new message. Has anyone run into this type of problem before? Do they have autopreview on and set to mark messages as read after 5 seconds? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Gregory Edmiston" wrote: > Hello, > I have two user...

Meter readings estimated vrs. actual
As in many industries where meter readings are billed monthly estimated readings are necessary. The functionality of being able to bill for excess usage would be greatly enhanced if meter postings could be marked as estimated with the system reconciling over or underbilled amounts with the next actual reading. Of course this all would also require the system to provide for a base monthly usage instead of only annual base usage. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the...

Can't read e-mail
When I open outlook 2007, I get either a grey screen or a window to my desktop where my message text should be. Messages are coming in, but I can't access them. Have tried restarting, and tested all the e-mail folders - same thing. I am running Windows XP (tablet), Outlook 2007 and Mcaffee 2010. What is new? Yesterday I repaired corrupt PST file with scanpst. Once I got this fixed I removed Norton and replaced it with McAffee. everything worked fine after the restart...yesterday. Any suggestions? repair PST again?? or delete McAfee? -- Sunshine60 When you installed...

Certain mailboxes can be read by anyone, others can't
Hi Everyone :) Bit of a weird one: Exchange 2003 running on Server 2003 and I noticed today that any user can access my mailbox via the Open Other User's Folder function in Outlook (both 2000 and 2003). I have tested with a few other mailboxes, and some are accessible while others aren't. I have checked in AD > Exchange Advanced > Mailbox Rights, and we all appear to have the same permissions (except in cases where I have needed access in the past and given Administrator account access). Furthermore, the permissions *appear* to be working correctly, as you cannot open a user...

How to Read typed text
Hello, I am using CFileDialog class to save a specific file. I was wondering, is there a way to use CFileDialog to read in a text character by character when they type in a file they want to save? I have a CEdit dialog that displays the name of saved file, but I was wondering if its possible to use CFileDialog to transfer character-by-character to CEdit as user is typing text. Hope to hear some comments on this. Thank you, Victor. Your question is not very clear. Exactly what is being typed in? Certainly not the content of the file... joe On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:40:02 -0700, &...

Word attachments from Outlook are read only unless dragged
Attachments are from Outlook 2003 They open in Word 2003 (11.5604.5606) WinXP. All word attachments which I open from Outlook open in word ok, however they are all read only. None of the attachments are being sent read only, and I do not get a dialog box in word giving me the opportunity to make the document editable. I have been told that this is an Outlook problem, not a word problem. If I drag the attachment to the desktop, and then open it - it opens satisfactorily (not read only). Anti-Spam: Change shellyfnospam to shellyf to respond. Thanx, y'all have a nice day! Retired to Cybersp...

Excel 2007: Toggling Read Only Causes File to Lock
Okay, here's the situation... but first a little background: Affected O/S: Windows XP Pro SP2 and Vista Enterprise SP1 Office Version: 2007 Pro Plus SP1 After opening an Excel workbook that is stored on a network drive, I click the "Toggle Read Only" button. The top border in Excel now has "[Read-Only]" after the file name. Great! Now, if I click again to Toggle Read Only I receive this error: http://www.filedropper.com/excelroerror For those who can't see that, the error reads: Window Title - "File in Use" "Filename.xls is locked for editin...

Using XPath to read VS 2005 csproj files
I am loading a VS2005 csproj file into an XPathDocument then am creating an XPathNavigator. I am trying to use XPath to pull the Include attributes from the EmbeddedResource Element of the ItemGroup Element. For some reason I cannot get the XPath syntax right to pull these attributes from the file. For example, I am trying to pull out the values(AlphanumericTextBox.bmp, CurrencyTextBox.bmp, DateTextBox.bmp, DateTimeTextBox.bmp, IntegerTextBox.bmp, MaskedTextBox.bmp, MultiMaskedTextBox.bmp, NumericTextBox.bmp, TextBox.resx). Anyone have any idea what the XPath statement should be to get the...

read messages marked as unread
Using Outlook 2007, a user opens a new message, when he closes it, it still shows as unread. This only happens with some messages. Another issue is when he tries to copy a message to another folder (by dragging and dropping it there) it does not move, however, if he right clicks on the message and selects "move to folder" it moves. Please note that this user also has a blackberry that is synchronised with his outlook. Which mail account type he using? Does it work correctly when starting Outlook in Safe Mode and not having the Blackberry connected? Start-> Ru...

Can a footer be protected or read-only?
I am trying to protect my header and footer from being changed by anyone reviewing my documents. Hi Shannon, See the following recent thread: http://tinyurl.com/9vvqn --- Regards, Norman "Shannon" <Shannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:637C56CE-D297-4723-ACAF-1854112C1A0B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to protect my header and footer from being changed by anyone > reviewing my documents. ...

Exchange 20003 - MSExchangeTransport - Failed in reading Connector's DS
I am getting this following error on my Exchange 20003 server: Failed in reading Connector's DS Info Process Id: 1724 Process location: C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe ConnectorDN: CN=Elite Systems Internet Mail,CN=Connections,CN=ELITE,CN=Routing Groups,CN=ELITE,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Elite Systems Inc,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=elite-systems,DC=com Hr:80040920 Attribute:[] It looks as though there is a problem with 'CN=Elite Systems Internet Mail.' Is this correct? ...

Read all Fileds/Columns from an CRM Object
Hallo NG, I have a little porblem with my Application. I try to Show an CheckBoxList with all Columns, which exist in the Object CRM Account or CRM Contact. This is very easy as long the CRM only have standard fileds like name, accountnumber or something. But when the CRM have fileds like CFSManager, I can't use this stanard schema, because this filed also schould be show. So is there any possibility, to get the all fileds, which an CRM Object has via Web Serivce or Database? Thanks for help, Andre Grumbach Andre, The p_GetEntityAttributes 'entity' stored procedure (in the Met...

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

Changing a formula to read a general value?
A few months ago I had asked a question and got this answer: Question: I have a a set of values in A1 through A100. I need to look up each value and find a match in another set of values located in C1 through C200. If a match is found then I need the formula located in column B to return the value in the same row but the next column over (D). Answer: =IF(ISNUMBER(VLOOKUP(A1,$C$1:$D$200,2,0)), VLOOKUP(A1,$C$1:$D$200,2,0), "") Copy down through A100. The formula worked fine, however the reference value and the look up value are not any more numbers but a combina...

Reading emails from distribution group and extract attachment
Hi We are using Exchange 2003 as part of sbs 2003 premium. We have a distribution group abc which receives emails abc@mydomian.com. How can I retrieve emails from this distribution group and extract any PDF attachments that may be present using vb.net or another .net language? Many Thanks Regards On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 17:14:25 +0100, "John" <info@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >We are using Exchange 2003 as part of sbs 2003 premium. > >We have a distribution group abc which receives emails abc@mydomian.com. How >can I retrieve ...

Outlook 2003 displays messages as read but unopened?
We have an Exchange server running on Server 2003 and what happens for one of the workers is that she has messages marked as read (not in bold writing) but the icon next to the message (the open or closed envelope) is closed (meaning it hasn't been opened). She was upgraded to a new PC recently but whilst she was on her old PC, someone was setting up her new PC logged on as her domain account at the same time. I believe she said that they sometimes come in as if they've just been receievd but are sometimes over 3 months old. Has anyone seen this before? We also have a mail archiving p...

http://LongPathTool.com
http://LongPathTool.com - Copy, Unlock and Delete Path Too Long files Do you have error messages?, like : Path too long. Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk Cannot delete file: Access is denied There has been a sharing violation. Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name. The source or destination file may be in use. The file is in use by another program or user. Error Deleting File or Folder Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Error Copyi...

Read only rights to Exchange 2003 mailbox
I have a client whom we recently migrated off of Exchange 5.5 to 2003. Though the migration tool was helpful, it did not seem to deal with rights assigned to mailboxes very well. My client has several users for whom their secretaries were assigned read permissions to their boxes through Outlook. After migration, these rights seem to be gone. In Exchange manager, I have gone in and assigned read permissions one of the mailboxes in question to the appropriate user. However, when that users tries to open the mainbox he gets "Unable to display the folder. The inbox folder could not be fou...

o2003, Reading Pane -> Header information
Hi! Is there any way to change appearance of header info area in Reading pane? It's too large for me. I just want to change font size and may be rearrange fields... And I don't want to disable it at all... -- ________________ Alexander Kachanov aka Alex29 nntp@alex29.dp.ua ICQ# 14840340 ...

Read msDS-IsRODC
Hello there! I am trying to read the "msDS-IsRODC" attributes from Domain Controllers. However I get no result. <code> $DC = "yourDChere" $domain = "dc=yourdomain,dc=net" ([adsi]"LDAP://cn=$DC,ou=domain controllers,$domain").properties."msDS- IsRODC" # OR: [adsi]"LDAP://cn=$DC,ou=domain controllers,$domain" | select cn,msDS- IsRODC </code> Can anyone help me with that? Thanks Oliver Lipkau On 2 Jun., 13:46, "oliver.lipkau" <oliver.lip...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello there! > &...

File Says Read Only Even After Closing It
Hi, One of my file is opening as Read Only, for me and everyone, even after I closed the file. How can I sort out this? -Dileep Could it be marked readonly in windows? rightclick on it (in windows explorer) and choose properties. Or maybe http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly from Debra Dalgleish's site. Dileep Chandran wrote: > > Hi, > > One of my file is opening as Read Only, for me and everyone, even after > I closed the file. > How can I sort out this? > > -Dileep -- Dave Peterson ...

Excel file becomes read-only when copied from one server to another
Hi, I have to transfer some files from the old server to the new server. So I copied some files over to the new server for testing. However, I've noticed that the excel files turn into read-only files. They can neither be edited, saved and no changes can be done at all. I checked the attributes of the files and they have no read-only checked in their properties. However, the folder in which they reside has the read-only checked but is grayed out. I tried to uncheck it. But later go back to properties to see and it's the same thing - read-only checked and grayed out. I am copying the...

Reading XML from Database - Serious Problem

Why is network reading slow?
I can copy a file to and from my Samba network in 20 seconds, yet it takes 80 seconds to compute its MD5 value. The delay is not related to the MD5 processing time because it can compute this in 12 seconds from the local drive. What is going on here? Peter Olcott wrote: > I can copy a file to and from my Samba network in 20 > seconds, yet it takes 80 seconds to compute its MD5 value. > The delay is not related to the MD5 processing time because > it can compute this in 12 seconds from the local drive. > > What is going on here? Probably in how ...