How to evaluate RMS 2.0 for various checking after evaluation expr

Dear Microsoft,

It was really great working with RMS 1.3 and the time come when RMS 2. 0
lauched, then I thought that this version will have more benefit than 1.3 but
here I lost everything.

With RMS 1.3 I can create as many database for testing as I can and do the
different senario testing with POS (Point of Sales software) whereas such
feature is only avaiablle to the one database and 30 days trial time in RMS
2.0 which is I think not fair.

You have many practices running in your bussiness and wanted to perform
various test because you can not do things straight in any application. Once
Test run is good then you go for the final implementation. I think Microsoft
not consider this whereas they make so many of their products with the bases
that you first test it once working then deploy it.

I have always many things to test with RMS 1.3 but now its is not in my
control I can't do POS testing anymore becuase if I put the keys it work only
on LIVE database and there is no concept of mulitple database using same
license.

See MS what you can do for this.

Akber

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8f1c4175-4f06-4745-aa94-13f8ea7f6b17&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
AkberAlwani (916)
12/8/2007 12:07:00 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Akber

I support your letter 100 % that is one of the reason I haven't move to 2.x
yet. I haven't even been able to get a demo copy and I'm on maintenance.

Danny
"Akber Alwani" <AkberAlwani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear Microsoft,
>
> It was really great working with RMS 1.3 and the time come when RMS 2. 0
> lauched, then I thought that this version will have more benefit than 1.3
> but
> here I lost everything.
>
> With RMS 1.3 I can create as many database for testing as I can and do the
> different senario testing with POS (Point of Sales software) whereas such
> feature is only avaiablle to the one database and 30 days trial time in
> RMS
> 2.0 which is I think not fair.
>
> You have many practices running in your bussiness and wanted to perform
> various test because you can not do things straight in any application.
> Once
> Test run is good then you go for the final implementation. I think
> Microsoft
> not consider this whereas they make so many of their products with the
> bases
> that you first test it once working then deploy it.
>
> I have always many things to test with RMS 1.3 but now its is not in my
> control I can't do POS testing anymore becuase if I put the keys it work
> only
> on LIVE database and there is no concept of mulitple database using same
> license.
>
> See MS what you can do for this.
>
> Akber
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8f1c4175-4f06-4745-aa94-13f8ea7f6b17&dg=microsoft.public.pos

0
lane.dj (172)
12/8/2007 10:01:31 PM
I installed 2.0 when it first came out and I don't see any difference in how
many databases you can connect to when compared to 1.3.
I believe the product key for the POS lane is tied to the PC not the
database. Why would you need more than one key to test on multiple databases?

Mark S.

"Akber Alwani" wrote:

> Dear Microsoft,
>
> It was really great working with RMS 1.3 and the time come when RMS 2. 0
> lauched, then I thought that this version will have more benefit than 1.3 but
> here I lost everything.
>
> With RMS 1.3 I can create as many database for testing as I can and do the
> different senario testing with POS (Point of Sales software) whereas such
> feature is only avaiablle to the one database and 30 days trial time in RMS
> 2.0 which is I think not fair.
>
> You have many practices running in your bussiness and wanted to perform
> various test because you can not do things straight in any application. Once
> Test run is good then you go for the final implementation. I think Microsoft
> not consider this whereas they make so many of their products with the bases
> that you first test it once working then deploy it.
>
> I have always many things to test with RMS 1.3 but now its is not in my
> control I can't do POS testing anymore becuase if I put the keys it work only
> on LIVE database and there is no concept of mulitple database using same
> license.
>
> See MS what you can do for this.
>
> Akber
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8f1c4175-4f06-4745-aa94-13f8ea7f6b17&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
MarkS (56)
12/9/2007 2:35:00 AM
Mark, you miss his point. He(and most of the rest of us)used another machine
to test different configurations, options, addons, etc. Not the machine that
his POS is attached to. With the new licensing he can no longer do that,
which is a major problem since you would not want to deploy a new addon, or
configuration without being able to test it on POS before going live. It is
just not practical to be able to do it on your live POS system.
Craig

"Mark S" <MarkS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed 2.0 when it first came out and I don't see any difference in
>how
> many databases you can connect to when compared to 1.3.
> I believe the product key for the POS lane is tied to the PC not the
> database. Why would you need more than one key to test on multiple
> databases?
>
> Mark S.
>
> "Akber Alwani" wrote:
>
>> Dear Microsoft,
>>
>> It was really great working with RMS 1.3 and the time come when RMS 2. 0
>> lauched, then I thought that this version will have more benefit than 1.3
>> but
>> here I lost everything.
>>
>> With RMS 1.3 I can create as many database for testing as I can and do
>> the
>> different senario testing with POS (Point of Sales software) whereas such
>> feature is only avaiablle to the one database and 30 days trial time in
>> RMS
>> 2.0 which is I think not fair.
>>
>> You have many practices running in your bussiness and wanted to perform
>> various test because you can not do things straight in any application.
>> Once
>> Test run is good then you go for the final implementation. I think
>> Microsoft
>> not consider this whereas they make so many of their products with the
>> bases
>> that you first test it once working then deploy it.
>>
>> I have always many things to test with RMS 1.3 but now its is not in my
>> control I can't do POS testing anymore becuase if I put the keys it work
>> only
>> on LIVE database and there is no concept of mulitple database using same
>> license.
>>
>> See MS what you can do for this.
>>
>> Akber
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8f1c4175-4f06-4745-aa94-13f8ea7f6b17&dg=microsoft.public.pos

0
craig6967 (916)

Settle EDC Batch #2
I haven't quite been able to figure this one out. When we run credit cards, we don't receive any errors and the transactions show up fine on the X-Report. However, when we go to "Settle EDC Batch" (prior to Z-Out), it is grayed out to where we are unable to select it. Any ideas on what the issue is? The only thing I can think of is that we are attempting to settle the batch on a different computer than the one we do the daily POS transactions on, but this shouldn't matter, right? Thanks, Dallas. You have to have the edc programmed through the administraor on any co...

restore IS #2
Hello all, is it possibible to restore Information Store from an exchange 5.5 server to a different location? I'm using veritas backup. The reason I asked is because the software (veritas) options for restoring IS are to original location, to a different exchange server is the veritas exchange agent is installed on the other exchange server, or to a file with the redirection option. I tried the latter but it saved it to its original location!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks This is not Exchange related. You should be talking to Veritas. "MAX" <MAX@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Downloadable evaluation version of Outlook 2003
does anyone know if it possible to get a downloadable version? Thanks.....Sly Sly wrote: > does anyone know if it possible to get a downloadable > version? > > Thanks.....Sly No. Not full Outlook, only Outlook Express is downloadable along with IE... >-----Original Message----- >does anyone know if it possible to get a downloadable >version? > >Thanks.....Sly >. > ...

unread mail #2
Sorry for the mess up, my question is before I shut down my computer I have a note telling me I have an unread message. I have been into all of my outlook folders, cleaned them out, shut down and restarted computer, but it is still showing the message. I have also been looking into the other qestions regarding this problem, and tried those things that were suggested. If someone can please help me, I would appreciate it very muc Thank Yo pt-swd ...

forecast function help #2
Just to clarify that formula, am i right to say this? =ROUND(FORECAST($E$1,B2:D2,$B$1:$D$1),0) $E$1 - is selecting the forcast for year 2004 B2:D2 - is selecting all the data bar the years in the top row $B$1:$D$1 - is being used to predict the outcome for 2004 Is that right? Thanks again -- metho ----------------------------------------------------------------------- method's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1503 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26644 Hi B1:D1 are the x values there B2:D2 the associated y ...

convert #2
I have my checks on version 6 of quicken. It's backup file is qdb. It wouldn't run in this new vista machine so I bought the 2009 version. It says in black and white in a hard to find instruction that it has changed format and will not import my old files, it uses qif. I returned it and got my refund check today. How about that? My question. If ms money will import my old files, I want to buy it. If it will not, I don't want it. I have been looking and can not find anywhere it says one or the other. Glenn In microsoft.public.money, Glenn wrote: >I have my checks on ...

Importing csv or excel into RMS
Good afternoon, We just bought the RMS for our store and need to import our old data base which is available in csv & excel form into the new RMS database. We have about 11000 items (item code, description, category, supplier, cost & selling price). I have checked and found various references to QS Import, MSSQL Import, Retail Realm, etc... and I'm not sure what would be the best to use. I'm lost, any help anyone can give me I'll appreciate it immensely. Because a local programmer wants to charge me $1,600.00 (too much) to built a program. Thanks again, Tommy Hi...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Oulook Client (Online)
Please Help Me :) I've spent a few days reading through the various topics here and where I can elsewhere on the net and I cannot find a definitive answer for this problem. Using Windows XP SP2, Outlook 2003 SP1 and the CRM 3.0 Client, I get the message about Cookies everytime I open Outlook no matter what settings I have configured in IE. I have deleted the local user accounts on the PC(s) of the affected users and this has no effect. Using CRM in the a browser window works flawlessley but I would like to get the deployment off the ground and allow people the functionality from within O...

Evaluating text as formulae
Is it possible to refer to text in a cell as though it were a formula, ie execute it instead of displaying it? Eg if the result of your formula was "A1 + B2", to actually add A1 and B2 and display the result? Thanks Nigel Like concatenating text? =concatenate(a1," + ",b2) or =concatenate(a1,b2) =concatenate(a1," ",b2) "Nigel Ramsden" wrote: > Is it possible to refer to text in a cell as though it were a formula, ie > execute it instead of displaying it? Eg if the result of your formula was > "A1 + B2", to actually add A1 and...

RMS-error
While client connecting to RMS server i see next error message: "unexpected error" thats all :( (Office, Outlook) My operation system: Windows XP SP2 RMS client version: RMS 5.2.70 WindowsRightsManagementServicesSP2-KB917275-Client-HUN-x86.exe I suspect you are in the wrong place. This newsgroup is for Retail Management System not Rights Management Services Don't worry even most people in Microsoft don't know the difference. "marady.arpad@gmail.com" wrote: > While client connecting to RMS server i see next error message: > "unexpected error"...

Have you evaluated...
Has anyone evaluated Celerant Command Retail or Tomax Retail.net POS solutions? How are they compared to RMS in terms of features and prices? ...

Evaluate a Range
I would like to create a formula that looks at a range with a specified criterion and when it finds the first entry in that range that meets that criterion returns the position of that data in the range. For example, given the following data beginning in A1 and extending to D1: 5,7 ,8,11 I would like to create a formula that looks for a value greater than 10 in that range and then returns the number 4 to signify that it is the fourth entry in that range. Thanks as always for your help. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way: Array enter (CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or CMD-RET...

Opening in MS CRM 3.0
Hi is there a opening for MS CRM 3.0 anywhere? Thanks. ...

Trendlines #2
I am trying to draw a trendline for a data series which used a secondary y-axis. It's looks as though the setup for the trendline is working okay, but the actual trendline does not show up on the chart. What might I be doing wrong? Thank you Charles - Does the trendline appear in the legend? Does it appear in the chart element selection dropdown box on the Chart command bar? Can you select the series, then press the up arrow one or more times until it's selected? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://Pel...

Migrating Mailboxes #2
I have 1 exchange org with 2 servers. Each server resides in a different domain (1 parent, 1 child). Now I would like to migrate mailboxes from the original exchange server (parent domain) to the new server (child domain). Due to connectivity issues we were unable to get exchange servers talking reliably before. The problem is users in the child domain currently have accounts in both domains. Accounts in parent domain to access their mail, and accounts in HZ domain for local access and workstation logins. Moving mailboxes between servers is only half of the picture - this has been tested ...

microsoft works #2
why was microsoft works replaced with excel? what are the advantages of using excel rather than works? (i prefer works still!) Hi harami, It wasn't. You can currently purchase Works 7.0. There is also a Works newsgroup. ----- harami wrote: ----- why was microsoft works replaced with excel? what are the advantages of using excel rather than works? (i prefer works still!) ...

Can RMS apply discounts by date?
We are looking to implement a POS system across 5 locations and a central warehouse. Long store short, we process all of our own merchandise, price and tag it, and ship it to the stores. We would like to have merchandise discounted, by the POS software, after a set time that the price tag was printed. Basically the price tag would tell the POS the Department, Price, and Date of print. My question is, can RMS deal with the date in the barcode and apply discount policy automatically. Example Department A, Price 5.00, Date 12-01-09, so the plu/barcode would say something like A000500120109. I gu...

Can I setup two checkbox so that you can only check one at a time
I have two fields, both which are yes/no checkbox's. However, for query purposes on a form, I would like the user to be able to only choose one of the checkbox's at a time (on a form), preventing them from checking both and having two many results show up. Is there some sort of expression/macro that will allow this? Using the option box will not really work for me in this case since its two different fields. Thanks! You can put them in an Option Group, or you can put code in their AfterUpdate events: Private Sub Check0_AfterUpdate() Me.Check1 = Not Me.Check0 End If Pri...

BCC #2
The head guru wants to be BCC emails to and from a few particular users. IN other words he wants to monitor their incoming and outgoing messages, by having a copy of every message sent to his mail box. Any suggestions? FYI Exchange Server 2003 / Outlook 2000 Message Journaling. Admin_T wrote: > The head guru wants to be BCC emails to and from a few particular users. IN other words he wants to monitor their incoming and outgoing messages, by having a copy of every message sent to his mail box. Any suggestions? FYI Exchange Server 2003 / Outlook 2000 -- Help fight spam - designate sendin...

How can I open an Access adp file from excel? #2
I am basically tryi8ng open the database of aan *adp project to be able to manunally work on the tables. Ultematerly I would like to upsize the data base to sql. Wen we double click to open the *adp using access, the application opens, but we can't work the menus to access the database. I understand the *.adp can be opened from excel. In any case, how can we get to the tables? We'd like to re-write the front end, but wopuld like to safe the db design time. Thanks ...

space removal #2
what is that --"concatenate" ?? thank -- ROL ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ROLG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1606 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27521 hi, concatenate mean put togeather. =concatenate(A1,B1) would combine the cell contents of A1 and B1. this is used for text more than numbers because it turns the numbers into text. >-----Original Message----- > >what is that --"concatenate" ?? thanks > > >-- >ROLG ...

Access #2
Is there a version of microsoft access that can be run on a mac On Fri, 14 May 2004 15:07:09 -0500, perkon wrote (in article <13d901c439ef$09d2e680$3a01280a@phx.gbl>): Hi, > Is there a version of microsoft access that can be run on a mac All of them if you use Virtual PC... Otherwise, no. Access has not be ported to the Mac and will probably never be. Hopefully there are numerous excellent (and cross platform) database applications on the Mac the most common ones being 4D and FileMaker Pro. You can even use MySQL. Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Franc...

combine cells #2
I have NPA (225) in a cell B3 I have NXX (442) in the next cell B4 I want to combine the two cells into one cell 225-442 Is there a function that will accomplish this? I have a ton of numbers to do! thanks will this work? =b3&"-"&b4 "Ray" <ray.aubin@bellsouth.com> wrote in message news:0a5e01c391cb$d985d080$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have NPA (225) in a cell B3 > I have NXX (442) in the next cell B4 > I want to combine the two cells into one cell 225-442 > Is there a function that will accomplish this? I have a > ton of numbers to do! > &g...

Contacts Quicksearch won't search company #2
I used to be able to put in part of a company name in the quick find box on the toolbar. That was in Outlook 2000. I have recently upgraded to Outlook 2002 ("XP"), and now it will not return results for company name, only contact name. I have tons of contacts that are only companies, with no particular contact name. Is there an option I can set, or has that capability been "featured" out? ---Atreju--- There has been no feature change. Still works fine here in Outlook 2002 and 2003. If you migrated your data improperly, some connections may have been lost. Create a new...

cells evaluation question
Hey I have a spreadsheet with 9 cells (c14:c22) They will have integers entered from 0 to 10 I need a formula to do the following: - Find how many have a value >=5 - Get the total value of the cells with a value >=5 Thanks Simon You want Countif and Sumif, as in: =countif(c14:c22,">=5") =sumif(c14:c22,">=5") Regards, Fred "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D2F8EA3-D774-4A65-9157-274051900E28@microsoft.com... > Hey > > I have a spreadsheet with 9 cells (c14:c22) > They...