How to develop add on for RMS

Hi,

Could anyone provide me with the link to the tutorial for the add-on
development..
i would be very greatful..

Thank you
0
Pravash (2)
7/15/2007 6:44:00 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

hi Prvash, I have customization guide not the add-on and also some tools let
me know how you want these, I may give you.

"Pravash" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could anyone provide me with the link to the tutorial for the add-on
> development..
> i would be very greatful..
>
> Thank you
0
AkberAlwani (916)
7/16/2007 4:56:01 AM
Hi Akber

Could you please forward them to me as well - lane.dj@gmail.com

Thanks
Danny
"Akber Alwani" <AkberAlwani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi Prvash, I have customization guide not the add-on and also some tools
> let
> me know how you want these, I may give you.
>
> "Pravash" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Could anyone provide me with the link to the tutorial for the add-on
>> development..
>> i would be very greatful..
>>
>> Thank you

0
lane.dj (172)
7/16/2007 4:16:26 PM
Hi. Akber,

Can you please send me.  chirag@netlink-usa.com

Thanks
Chirag

"Danny" wrote:

> Hi Akber
>
> Could you please forward them to me as well - lane.dj@gmail.com
>
> Thanks
> Danny
> "Akber Alwani" <AkberAlwani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi Prvash, I have customization guide not the add-on and also some tools
> > let
> > me know how you want these, I may give you.
> >
> > "Pravash" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Could anyone provide me with the link to the tutorial for the add-on
> >> development..
> >> i would be very greatful..
> >>
> >> Thank you

0
Chirag (37)
7/16/2007 8:42:04 PM
Hi Akber

Can you send them to me as well please - Geoff@retail-systems.net

Thanks
Geoff

I would like those as well if you please Akber. windman@suddenlink.net

"Pravash" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Could anyone provide me with the link to the tutorial for the add-on
> development..
> i would be very greatful..
>
> Thank you
0
DougPicNPac (141)
7/17/2007 12:10:02 PM
If you will please send to me as well. stephen.zwarts@immix.co.za

--
Stephen Zwarts
IMMIX Solutions - South Africa

"Doug Pic-N-Pac" <DougPicNPac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like those as well if you please Akber. windman@suddenlink.net
>
> "Pravash" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Could anyone provide me with the link to the tutorial for the add-on
>> development..
>> i would be very greatful..
>>
>> Thank you

Akber, I would also love a copy of any resources you may have. Please forward
to caverrance@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance,
Rance Edwards

"Akber Alwani" wrote:

> hi Prvash, I have customization guide not the add-on and also some tools let
> me know how you want these, I may give you.
>
> "Pravash" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Could anyone provide me with the link to the tutorial for the add-on
> > development..
> > i would be very greatful..
> >
> > Thank you
0
Rance1 (8)
7/17/2007 5:04:00 PM
Ok - mee too!

jason (at) natureisle.com

Me too, please. pvanharn@ameritech.net.

"Akber Alwani" wrote:

> hi Prvash, I have customization guide not the add-on and also some tools let
> me know how you want these, I may give you.
>
> "Pravash" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Could anyone provide me with the link to the tutorial for the add-on
> > development..
> > i would be very greatful..
> >
> > Thank you
0
Harn (2)
7/18/2007 2:06:01 PM
Yes I would like to look at this as well.

Thanks.

teubank@eubankconsulting.com
--
Thomas Eubank
System Administrator

"Jason" wrote:

> Ok - mee too!
>
> jason (at) natureisle.com
>
> "Stephen Zwarts" <stephen.zwarts@immix.co.za> wrote in message
> > If you will please send to me as well. stephen.zwarts@immix.co.za
> >
> > --
> > Stephen Zwarts
> > IMMIX Solutions - South Africa
> >
> > "Doug Pic-N-Pac" <DougPicNPac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>I would like those as well if you please Akber. windman@suddenlink.net

Out of curiosity, what tools are you talking about? I have the
customization guide, but wasn't aware of any tools? Also, does anyone
else willing to offer tips on where to start learning how to make add-
ons? For example, is there a language that's best to use (would visual
basic work?), is knowledge of SQL required, etc. ...well, I can pretty
much guess the later one, but if anyone has information on that, I'd
appreciate it. Thanks!

0
pesserdep (6)
7/18/2007 11:09:23 PM
Hi Akber

Can you send them to me as well please - redfox@list.ru

Thanks in advance.
Yuriy

"Akber Alwani" wrote:

> hi Prvash, I have customization guide not the add-on and also some tools let
> me know how you want these, I may give you.
>
> "Pravash" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Could anyone provide me with the link to the tutorial for the add-on
> > development..
> > i would be very greatful..
> >
> > Thank you
0
RedFoxUA (11)
7/20/2007 8:38:00 AM
While the customization guide shows a little about both COM and .NET
implementations of add-ins, after writing my first one in C#, I feel it would
have been easier in VB6 since RMS really expects the add-in to be a COM
object.   However, this may all change with RMS 3.0 which I believe will be a
..NET application.

randy

"pesserdep@gmail.com" wrote:

> Out of curiosity, what tools are you talking about? I have the
> customization guide, but wasn't aware of any tools? Also, does anyone
> else willing to offer tips on where to start learning how to make add-
> ons? For example, is there a language that's best to use (would visual
> basic work?), is knowledge of SQL required, etc. ...well, I can pretty
> much guess the later one, but if anyone has information on that, I'd
> appreciate it. Thanks!

0
RandyB (10)
7/21/2007 2:02:31 PM
it'll be great to send me a copy too

"Akber Alwani" wrote:

> hi Prvash, I have customization guide not the add-on and also some tools let
> me know how you want these, I may give you.
>
> "Pravash" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Could anyone provide me with the link to the tutorial for the add-on
> > development..
> > i would be very greatful..
> >
> > Thank you
0
abdo (4)
7/22/2007 11:08:01 PM
Send it to me plz :  abdoyas@hotmail.com

Thanks

"Akber Alwani" wrote:

> hi Prvash, I have customization guide not the add-on and also some tools let
> me know how you want these, I may give you.
>
> "Pravash" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Could anyone provide me with the link to the tutorial for the add-on
> > development..
> > i would be very greatful..
> >
> > Thank you
0
abdo (4)
7/22/2007 11:32:01 PM
HI AKBER

PLEASE SENT TO ME TOO: RAZRP@HOTMAIL.COM
--
NNNN

"Thomas Eubank" wrote:

> Yes I would like to look at this as well.
>
> Thanks.
>
> teubank@eubankconsulting.com
> --
> Thomas Eubank
> System Administrator
> Statewide Beverage LLC.
>

> "Jason" wrote:
>
> > Ok - mee too!
> >
> > jason (at) natureisle.com
> >
> > "Stephen Zwarts" <stephen.zwarts@immix.co.za> wrote in message
> > > If you will please send to me as well. stephen.zwarts@immix.co.za
> > >
> > > --
> > > Stephen Zwarts
> > > IMMIX Solutions - South Africa
> > >
> > > "Doug Pic-N-Pac" <DougPicNPac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Davi (9)
7/24/2007 8:56:01 AM
I just posted a C# tutorial. Here is the URL
http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.pos&tid=a45b0b11-857c-4446-8b89-3f88a21e2287&p=1
Thanks Michael...

Looks Good...

Danny
"Michael Lawrence" <MichaelLawrence@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:CB983245-FF14-423C-8474-9ACC30569E30@microsoft.com...
>I just posted a C# tutorial. Here is the URL:
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.pos&tid=a45b0b11-857c-4446-8b89-3f88a21e2287&p=1

0
lane.dj (172)
7/24/2007 4:46:40 PM
Hi Akber

Never received the info - please resend to lane.dj@gmail.com

Thanks Again
Danny

"DAVI" <DAVI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HI AKBER
>
> PLEASE SENT TO ME TOO: RAZRP@HOTMAIL.COM
> --
> NNNN
>

> "Thomas Eubank" wrote:
>
>> Yes I would like to look at this as well.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> teubank@eubankconsulting.com
>> --
>> Thomas Eubank
>> System Administrator
>> Statewide Beverage LLC.
>>

>> "Jason" wrote:
>>
>> > Ok - mee too!
>> >
>> > jason (at) natureisle.com
>> >
>> > "Stephen Zwarts" <stephen.zwarts@immix.co.za> wrote in message

0
lane.dj (172)
7/25/2007 1:12:36 PM
Can you please forward it to me at manoj_rastogi@hotmail.com

Thanks

"Akber Alwani" wrote:

> hi Prvash, I have customization guide not the add-on and also some tools let
> me know how you want these, I may give you.
>
> "Pravash" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Could anyone provide me with the link to the tutorial for the add-on
> > development..
> > i would be very greatful..
> >
> > Thank you
Can i have a copy of your customization guide not the tools.  Thank you very
much!!

"Akber Alwani" wrote:

> hi Prvash, I have customization guide not the add-on and also some tools let
> me know how you want these, I may give you.
>
> "Pravash" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Could anyone provide me with the link to the tutorial for the add-on
> > development..
> > i would be very greatful..
> >
> > Thank you
0
TJW (95)
12/8/2007 5:10:00 AM
Would like copy of tools as well lane dot dj at gmail dot com

Thanks
Dan
"TJW" <TJW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can i have a copy of your customization guide not the tools.  Thank you
> very
> much!!
>
> "Akber Alwani" wrote:
>
>> hi Prvash, I have customization guide not the add-on and also some tools
>> let
>> me know how you want these, I may give you.
>>
>> "Pravash" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Could anyone provide me with the link to the tutorial for the add-on
>> > development..
>> > i would be very greatful..
>> >
>> > Thank you

0
lane.dj (172)
12/8/2007 10:02:28 PM
I am unable to see the tutorial post, did it get taken down?  Or am I just
ignorant :)  If anyone could re-post it or point me in the right direction it
would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Ryan

"Danny" wrote:

> Thanks Michael...
>
> Looks Good...
>
> Danny
> "Michael Lawrence" <MichaelLawrence@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:CB983245-FF14-423C-8474-9ACC30569E30@microsoft.com...
> >I just posted a C# tutorial. Here is the URL:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.pos&tid=a45b0b11-857c-4446-8b89-3f88a21e2287&p=1

0
rcountry (2)
1/23/2008 10:45:01 PM
What is this that everyone wants ???

can i get it too?

;)

"rcountry" wrote:

> I am unable to see the tutorial post, did it get taken down?  Or am I just
> ignorant :)  If anyone could re-post it or point me in the right direction it
> would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
>
> Ryan
>
> "Danny" wrote:
>
> > Thanks Michael...
> >
> > Looks Good...
> >
> > Danny
> > "Michael Lawrence" <MichaelLawrence@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:CB983245-FF14-423C-8474-9ACC30569E30@microsoft.com...
> > >I just posted a C# tutorial. Here is the URL:
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.pos&tid=a45b0b11-857c-4446-8b89-3f88a21e2287&p=1

0
Manoj1 (107)

Quickbooks Import into RMS
Our client called RMS tech support on the phone and was told that RMS can only export information into quickbooks, but can not import any information. Is that correct ? I thought that you can do both, import and export ? Any thoughts ? Thanks. -- GCI GCI, RMS will do a limited import from QB. After you've setup QuickBooks as your accounting program in Manager | File | Configuration | Accounting tab, then go to Manager | Utilities | Import QuickBooks | select what you want to import -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other typ...

Problem with Outlook pfbackup.exe add-in
I am trying to install pfbackup.exe on Outlook 2002.The program downloads normally and there are no error messages while running the installation program. However, after running the installation, the BACKUP command does not appear on the File menue as it should. I have rebooted and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program but still do not get the BACKUP command. This program has installed flawlessly on my other computers and I cant understand why I'm having a problem with this one. By the way, NAV is turned off during the install. ...

Add line series to stacked bar chart
I want to add a line on top of a stacked bar chart. Is there a straight forward way to do this? I presume you mean a column chart (vertical bars). Copy the data, select the chart, use Edit menu > Paste Special to add the data as a new series. This adds the series as another bar on the stack. Select the new series, go to Chart menu > Chart Type, and choose a line type. Format to suit. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "TomB" <TomB@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Add new event manually to a control of mine.
Hello. I want to make a new event manually to a control of mine. I overrided the control : DataGridView, and want to add a new event (and also call the event on some of my methods). How can I do the above ? Thanks :) Also change the parameters, that are sent to the control. Thanks :) "Mr. X." <nospam@nospam_please.com> wrote in message news:#bQ1kcOALHA.2332@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello. > I want to make a new event manually to a control of mine. > I overrided the control : DataGridView, and want to add a new event > (and also call the even...

Custom Labels WITHOUT add-ins?
Based on posts in this forumn I see that there are add-ins for custom labeling of chart data labels. Jon pointed out these free add-ins: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com/ss My problem is that i have a need to do this programatically on many workstations that will not have the add-in. CAN IT BE DONE BY VBA CODE? reference http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.charting&p=1&tid=41d5584f-60ef-498e-87aa-32...

RMS issue with Quickbooks 2006?
I have a client who is having an issue with the integration of RMS and QB 2006. Are their any updates that need done on RMS to do this? They are getting an error about the general ledger being out of balence when they try and import a RMS file into QB. TIA. dlzink@facettech.com David, Sounds like something in RMS is not being accounted for in QB. The numbers aren't adding up correctly between the two. Nothing an update would fix. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file a...

Start excel and launch add-in automatically
Hi, I'm writing an application that exports calculation results into files. From within my program, I can launch Excel and load that file by passing its name as a command line argument. Does anyone know how I can also launch a macro or an add-in through command line arguments, e.g. to automatically create a chart out of the data contained in the file? My goal is to have the user click a button in my application, causing Excel to start and instantly display calculation results in a chart. Thanks for your advice, Dan ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-in...

RMS Integration with CRM
I see that this question was asked several years ago regarding integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. I am looking for anyone who has done this. Integrate CRM and RMS. We are currently going to be building one for a customer using Scribe. But it will take several days. Just want to make sure we are not missing something that has allready been built. But my research indicates that there is not. Thanks --------------------------- Pierre Hulsebus - CRM Consultant http://www.ehtc.com/ehtc/infuse.htm Certified Integration Between Microsoft CRM to Microsoft Solomon -----------...

Possible to add/edit price of Opp product?
Is it possible to add or edit the price of a product in an Opportunity? I can only overide a price in on the Quote level ... but I have a product that changes price everytime it is sold, therefore I need to track this on the Opp level, not only Quote level. Can someone tell me if this is possible? Thanks, Rhett ...

Getting the upgrade for RMS?
Hi, how do I get an upgrade to the new version? The company from which I purchaed is totally unresponsive and unreliable...the worst customer service I have ever seen. Unfortunately I now have to find a way to get it elsewhere. I purchased my RMS less than a year ago (in March/April 2005). Is there a phone# at Microsoft I can call and ask for help on this? Thanks, Zorian I believe you can only get it if you are current on a MS RMS maintenance plan, and if you are, you should receive the upgrade cd automatically from MS. Are you aware that the only substantial change is that RMS w...

How to add fields in a blank report
Suppose open a new report in design view. How can we add fields from a saved query or a table. I have tried to use text boxes but it gives errors.. stud91, If I understand your question correctly... and, since this appears to be a very basic question... taking a local Access course, or purchasing an Access "how-to" book (geared to Access beginners) .... should be helpful. Put your table, or query, in the Record Source property for the report. After doing that, in report Design view, select View/FieldList from the main menu. The Field List should now di...

create Add-ins toolbar
hi, i have created Add-ins what i want is i want to create toolbar for that add-ins. When i add add-ins into my home excel toobar have to come Automatically. or when i add add-ins into others computer toolbar should come Automatically Thanks Shital shah Hi Shital, Check this post by Jan Karel Pieterse: http://tinyurl.com/ytqsp --- Regards, Norman "shital" <shahshital@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:ab4b01c43678$9d79d800$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi, > i have created Add-ins what i want is i want to create > toolbar for that add-ins. > When i ...

I add LDAP but it still show only Outlook Address Book & Contacts
I add LDAP but it still show only Outlook Address Book & Contacts to choose when I want to search contact list. ExxoZ <ExxoZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I add LDAP but it still show only Outlook Address Book & Contacts to > choose when I want to search contact list. Did you stop and restart Outlook after adding the LDAP server? -- Brian Tillman Thank you for your reply, Brian. I restart it already both Outlook and Vista. My LDAP used to work with Outlook 2007 beta, but this happens with Full version. "Brian Tillman" wrote: > ExxoZ <ExxoZ...

Add color to the formula answer
2 collumns with numbers, what would be a formula to identify which is less and the answer of "TRUE" should be in color blue and false should be red? -- smile Are you wanting to know which is less, or if column 1 is less than column 2? What if the numbers are equal? If this is not an issue, and assuming numbers are in columns A and B Formula in C2: =IF(A2>B2,TRUE,FALSE) Then go to format -> Conditional formating First condition if cell value = TRUE, then pick blue pattern. Add condition for if cell value = FALSE with a red pattern. -- Best Regards, Luke M "isr...

Permission to add phone numbers and addresses via Outlook
I have contacts configured in 2003 Active Directory. Users can view the contact's information (address, phone numbers, ..) by clicking on the Address Book inside of Outlook. However, they cannot change any information on a contact.How do I give users permissoin to make changes to the contact's information from Outlook? Go to ADUC On top Click View Turn on Advance Futures Now drill down to contact Now you will see the security tab Assign proper permission Cheers oz -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu ____________________________ MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA Http://www.msexchange9...

Is it possible to add dates?
Ok will try and explain with the example below..... in column A as header `Dates` in row A2 `all` (meaning all dates for that month) in row A3 15-29 (meaning from 15th to 29th of that month) in row A4 1-10 (meaning from 1st to 10th of that month) And so on various dates for different people , its about 50 rows long, with a column for each month of the year. My question...... row A2 would = 30 (31) days row A3 would =14 days row A4 would =9 days could I get a formula to give me the total days at the bottom of column A? ie 53 days Any help would be appreciated thanks Why is 1...

POS (Not RMS) Receipt Variable Sought
We want the Discount Description to display where the 40-col receipt currently only states "Discount". What is the variable for a preset discount's description field? Where can we find a comprehensive list of variables? How can we see the full table schema of our POS database? Thanks, Mark Kalmus HI, There are couple way, the one way is to do so is that in the REceipt Properties (Database> Registers> Reciept Format) you can click on properties of the receipt and then say show Line Discounts to True. Below are the list of Transaction Variable Variable Description...

How do I add accents to Spanish words?
I am trying to add accents to Spanish words. Any suggestions. Thanks Hi, Use AltGr+the accent (~), release AltGr, press n and you get � Regards Leif "syssupspe" <syssupspe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:707F012F-3607-4F01-AAE8-999EC22B06B5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to add accents to Spanish words. Any suggestions. Thanks Leif What is AltGr? Thanks, Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:01:19 GMT, "Leif" <leifhy@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >Use AltGr+the accent (~), release AltGr, press n and you get � >Regards &...

Writing add-ins for Outlook using VB.NET ?
Hi there, Sorry for the crosspost but I wasnt sure where to ask this. If you think I should direct my question to another newsgroup then please tell me so! I would like to write add-in components for Microsoft Outlook. I would like to start with a simple example such as adding something to the "File" menu that says "Hello World" when clicked. I know such things are possible as I've seen various customisations of this type for not only Outlook, but also Internet Explorer, and even Windows itself. Simple things that add value to the MS product seemlessly as if it ...

Rms 2.0 and headquarters 2.0
Hi All, We currently have four (4) stores using RMS 1.2 with Headquarters 1.2 we would like to add an additional store. Can we use RMS SO 2.0 at the new store or do we have to upgrade Headquarters and all other stores to accomodate this additional store the original Headquarters license purchase was to accomodate five (5) stores. Thanking all in advance Pat hi Pat, if you upgrade the RMS to 2.0 and wanted to use it with HQ 1.3 or 1.2 it won't work becasue some of the database strcture and version information has changed I and I belive it won't worked . As far as you have on...

Need to add check transactions to Microsoft Money using OFX file (not bank statements)
Does anybody have an example of an OFX file that imports check transactions into Microsoft Money? I need to simulate the manual input of checks. Dut to problems in our accounting software, it's best to enter transactions in our accounting system and rekey them into MS-Money. I found some "statement" files but I am thinking this isn't what I need to do????? I appreciate the depth and functionality of ofx vs. qif but I am finding it difficult to find ofx examples since they all appear to be produced by large companies (i.e. banks and financial companies) Any help wo...

Does anyone know how to add background shading to a gantt bar?
In order to improve reading / visibiity is it possible to add shading to the gantt bar area/timescale? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01CACBA9.E7AE45B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Rick, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :) You can only change the shading/colour of the non-working time. FAQs, companion products and other useful Project information can be = seen at this web address: http://project.mvps.org/faqs.htm Hope this helps - please let...

Yes/No Field not to add tax
On my Form I have created a Yes/No Check box , What i am trying to do is stop tax being added to any amount in that record that has the check box ticked I will have to alter my code, Any help with this would be fantastic.......Regards Bob..here is a sample of some of my code My Control is called [NoTaxAdd] So it would be something like , SubTotal will not add totals (checked)[NoTaxAdd] and [TotalAmount] will add amounts (Checked)[NoTaxAdded] tbNoTaxAdd.value =.Fields("NoTaxAdd")................Am I going down the wrong path!!!! Private Sub subShowInvoiceItMdtValues() subB...

how to add multiple images to a listcontrol subitem
Hi Folks, Can I add multiple images to a subitem in a list control ? and can I seperately handle click events for each image ? Please help .. Regards, JLD ...

How to add German Dictionary in Outlook 2003 #2
Hi All, I need to add German Dictionary to outlook 2003, Can somebody guide how to do that...... Thanks in advance. ...