How to apply an over-credit to a sale?

Ok, we had an online customer overpay his order using a money order.  So,
when I tendered the money order, he had about $45 coming back to him.  Well,
he just wanted that applied to his account.  So, I selected (Payment) and
applied the $45  to his account.  It warned me that it was an overpayment and
I clicked OK.

Now, on his next sale, how do I apply that $45 credit?
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Just apply 45 to his house account. When you tender the sale it will deduct
45 form his account and then it will be zero

"nutribodies" <nutribodies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok, we had an online customer overpay his order using a money order.  So,
> when I tendered the money order, he had about $45 coming back to him.
> Well,
> he just wanted that applied to his account.  So, I selected (Payment) and
> applied the $45  to his account.  It warned me that it was an overpayment
> and
> I clicked OK.
>
> Now, on his next sale, how do I apply that $45 credit?

0
Rick5747 (287)
1/18/2006 10:41:24 PM
Thanks for the response.  However, I'm not sure what you mean.  I've played
around a bit in POS, hoping that by pulling up his account, it would
automatically deduct his credit amount when I tender his next sale.  Well,
when I hit F12, the total amount due doesn't include his credit on file.  I
need the software to recognize that he has an account balance of ($45) and to
apply it to a future sale.

"rick" wrote:

> Just apply 45 to his house account. When you tender the sale it will deduct
> 45 form his account and then it will be zero
>
> "nutribodies" <nutribodies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Ok, we had an online customer overpay his order using a money order.  So,
> > when I tendered the money order, he had about $45 coming back to him.
> > Well,
> > he just wanted that applied to his account.  So, I selected (Payment) and
> > applied the $45  to his account.  It warned me that it was an overpayment
> > and
> > I clicked OK.
> >
> > Now, on his next sale, how do I apply that $45 credit?

About the best thing you can do is to modify the HTML Status bar to display
the customer's account balance.  The system is not going to automatically
apply an existing balance without a major customization effort, but at least
you can give the cashier a visual cue in the Status Bar.  Contact your
reseller for help modifying the html, or chack back here for more tips...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

> Thanks for the response.  However, I'm not sure what you mean.  I've
> played
> around a bit in POS, hoping that by pulling up his account, it would
> automatically deduct his credit amount when I tender his next sale.  Well,
> when I hit F12, the total amount due doesn't include his credit on file.
> need the software to recognize that he has an account balance of ($45) and
> apply it to a future sale.
>
> "rick" wrote:
>
>> Just apply 45 to his house account. When you tender the sale it will
>> deduct
>> 45 form his account and then it will be zero
>>
>> "nutribodies" <nutribodies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Ok, we had an online customer overpay his order using a money order.
>> > So,
>> > when I tendered the money order, he had about $45 coming back to him.
>> > Well,
>> > he just wanted that applied to his account.  So, I selected (Payment)
>> > and
>> > applied the $45  to his account.  It warned me that it was an
>> > overpayment
>> > and
>> > I clicked OK.
>> >
>> > Now, on his next sale, how do I apply that $45 credit?

0
glenn9672 (1267)

Store Credit multi Store
Good Day, Can someone give advice about how to set up Store Credits for a multi store enterprise. Currently the client use store credits/vouchers at store location only and can only redeem a Store Credit where it was issued. We would like to set it up so that they can redeem a store credit at any store location no matter where it was issued. Three stores connected via HQ. Thanks in Advance. I believe you can set up an account type and call it 'store credit' or something, then when you enter the new customer information for the person receiving store credit you simply assig...

How do I apply a combo box to multiple cells in Excel so that it .
I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel. However I only want the box to appear when the cursor is over the cell can anyone offer me some help on this matter? Thank you, Dwain Hi Dwain, Perhaps you are looking for Data Validation, available on the Data menu. See Debra Dalgleish's tutorial at: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html --- Regards, Norman "DB" <DB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6939ADC2-CF1C-46AA-B163-BEE27E23356A@microsoft.com... >I would like to apply a combo drop down box in Excel. However I only w...

Problem w/ installing CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2 and HTTPS
Hello, when trying to install CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2, the setup asks for a URL where my CRM server is located. Our CRM server is accessible only via HTTPS. Unfortunately, the CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2 setup cannot connect to its address. Is there a workaround? Best regards Christian. Hello. I have the same problem with configuring CRM Sales for Outlook. Anybody, an answer? "Christian Jacob" wrote: > Hello, > > when trying to install CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2, the setup asks for a URL > where my CRM server is located. Our CRM server is accessible only vi...

Apply view to all folders
Greetings, A user has numerous folders created under her Inbox in Outlook 2000. She woule like to create a custom view and then apply it to all folders automatically. I can create a custom view easily, but can't find a way to apply it to all folders other than on a one-by-one basis. Is there a way to apply the view to all folders at one time? Thanks much, Justin You can't apply it to all at once - unless you customize the Messages view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Gu...

view applied?
What does the following WLM beta message mean? View applied not connected to imap4.xxxxxx.co.uk I had already clicked on this account and a couple of emails were downloaded. ...

Sales Order Processing Comments
Hi, i am newbie here in Great Plains, i want to ask about sales order processing comments, what it's means about and where i can fill about sales order processing comments. I need it because it's must be filled for integration order with CRM. Thx before ^_^ ...

Average Sales per Store
Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for Department and Category if possible. I have tried to modify it myself, but I'm a beginner at this and I keep coming up short. One other thing that may be useful is if it can summarize by date also - would be nice to see how the values change over the course of a week or so. "Jason Kelton" wrote: > Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in > CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for D...

I've applied a Fill and now can't see the gridlines....
Does anyone know how to show the Gridlines through a fill? I've searched and searched but can't find the answer, yet the silly thing is I know it can be done as I have done it before (by accident) Any help mostgratefully received! bestregards, Tim Apply borders... In article <62E1EA83-287A-4FE3-BEC6-7C0155EA1850@microsoft.com>, "FizzyBunghole" <FizzyBunghole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to show the Gridlines through a fill? I've searched and > searched but can't find the answer, yet the silly thing is I know it c...

M2005 Cannot Apply Epayment To Invoice
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C4AD73.81F30C10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I create invoices for payments from customers. I have those = automatically charged to their bank accounts and credited to my bank = account. When the payments hit my bank account and are downloaded into = Money, I go into the transaction and enter "Payment For Invoice" and = then try to go to the apply payment to an invoice screen but a nice = little pop up comes up in Money 2005 that says &qu...

Sales Posting Journal
When we print a report from Reports: Sales Posting Journals -Cash Receipts Posting Journal --Cash Receipts select ranges: by Posting date and enter date 8/31/2004 (from and to) -the report includes postings from 6/24/2003 and 8/31/2004 This 'phnemomenon' seems to work for report dates after 8/19/2004; earlier dates print correct report. Anyone with insight into why this is happening - help much appreciated. ...

Cross Apply problem
How do I get the desired result for the following: SOURCE TABLE: USSoilLyr FIELDS: TAXOR PARTSIZE PCT_R Alfisols ashy 60 Alfisols ashy 57 Alfisols ashy 38 Alfisols clayey 85 Alfisols clayey 79 Andisols medial 50 Andisols medial 36 DESIRED RESULT (TARGET TABLE): T_Order FIELDS: TAXOR PARTSIZE PCT_R Alfisols ashy AVG(60+57+38) Alfisols clayey Avg(85+79) Andisols medial Avg(50+36) My T-SQL Code, as follows, returns wrong calculations when I manually check the results. UPDATE T_Order SET ...

Install V10 HR after applying service pack 3
I am currently on V10, SP3 and now have purchased the HR module. I am not sure of the steps I need to take to load the HR module (we have the V10 DVD that is not sp3) Are these my steps? 1. Load the HR module from V10 DVD on SQL Server install (I was told previously to use the Add/Remove programs option and change but it still asks for the DVD) 2. Do I need to reload SP3 on server install? 3. Then load the HR module (from V10 dvd) on additional workstations? If I have to re run the SP3 I am concerned it is going to take hours to complete like original instal of SP3 If anyone has a...

Apply Multicurrency Invoices in Bank Management
I oppened a ticket to know why I cant apply Multicurrency Invoices to payment transactions in Bank Managment as it is available in Payable Management. I've been suggested to post a suggestion for that. Simply, while doing a payment in Bank Management. If the Chequebook Currency is diffrenet than the invoices currencies that you are paying againist, then you can't apply these invoices. Thus, you cant see them in the remittance advice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestio...

Uninstall CRM Sales for Outlook
How do I uninstall CRM Sales for Outlook? I tried to=20 delete de Microsoft CRM Folder, but I couldn=B4t. I already=20 Delete CRM from Add/Remove Programs. But when I tried to=20 Installed Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook again it tells=20 me that I had a previous installation of it. I would really apreciate if someone help me. 1. Use Add/Remove Programs to remove the Microsoft CRM=20 Sales for Outlook application. 2. Use Add/Remove Programs to remove Microsoft SQL=20 Server Desktop Engine (CRM). This is the application=20 preventing you from reinstalling your Client Application=20 becau...

unposted applied credits
how can list all unposted applied credits in AR. Thanks, Scott If you have SmartList Builder, you could use it to create a SmartList based on the Cash receipts work file. "Scott Rusoff" wrote: > how can list all unposted applied credits in AR. > > Thanks, > Scott > Create a report off RM10201 (RM Cash Receipts Work File). Add a restriction where Current Transaction Amount <> Original Transaction Amount. "Scott Rusoff" wrote: > how can list all unposted applied credits in AR. > > Thanks, > Scott > Which smartlist contains t...

Payables issue with Applied Payments and Void Check
Hi, We had a user a number of months ago apply a number of Credit Memos from a vendor to a large invoice while creating a check. Apparently the check was then void, without a normal check number leaving us with "REMIT0000000000xx" as the reference to it. We now have a situation where the large invoice and all of the credits are still showing in the system as open. The individual credit memos do not show as having amounts applied, but when we try to apply them we're told that the amount is already applied. Everything seems to be stuck in limbo, with no way to post to resol...

Sales for Oulook
Hello, I have an issue with Sales for Outlook (SFO). I installed it on three computers. On one of them (XP/Office 2003) installation does not create CassiniPort = 2525 entry in the registry, so I have to add it manualy. After it is added in the registry, I can see SFO tool bar (that works) but I don't see the contents of the CRM folders. Other computer (XP/2003), SFO is installed with CassiniPort entry, but it experiencing the same behavior. Third computer (Win 2000/Office 2003) everything works well. I think the CRM server is OK, and that the problem is related to client configur...

How to apply a weighting
I'm trying to apply a weighting to my teams to allow for experience and size I have 3 teams which are different sizes and are different skill levels. Level 5 is the lowest skill level and level 1 being the highest skill level. Team size/level5/level4/level3/level2/level1 6/3/2/0/1/0 10/2/3/4/0/1 7/0/2/3/1/1 How do I apply a weighting to these numbers to allow for team size and experience. Can I do this using sumproduct? I tried looking at this but cant get my fragile little mind around it Thanks in advance. -- Homer J ---------------------------------------------------------------...

Credit Card processing #2
I'm upgrading from qs2000 and I'm thinking of changing from ICVerift to something else - maybe Citibank. Has anyone used the citibank EDC? Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks Randy -- Randy Manchester Randy, I am currently using Mercurypay.com and they are actaully real good...at least so far :) They will do a good job in matching or even beating your current rates, and everything integrates into RMS, except for EBT...which for whatever reason they could not do. Personally I would give them a call, and see what they can give you. -- Thank You Vince :) "Ra...

change site on sales order
I entered several sales orders with the incorrect site. How can I change the site on these sales orders. I thought that changing the site on the header will roll it down to the lines but that has not happened. This is Great Plains 8.0 I believe you have to change the line items yourself. The header site is simply the default for new line items. After all, if you intentionally have mixture of sites in the line items you would not necessarily want the header to roll down the changes to the line items. Although, it would be nice if the choice was there. -- Charles Allen, MVP "S...

Mass apply or batch apply sales documents?
Is there any way to avoid manually applying payments one by one? Our current process is that we have a cash receipt batch of payments that have declined, and on a daily basis, it is reauthorized. When the payments are approved, the payments are posted without applying the payment to the invoice first. We are using GP 10. Thanks, Erin Erin, There are several third party programs that address this issue very well. Do a search on the internet and you shall find them. Best regards, Leslie Vail "Erin Black-Mitchell" wrote: > Is there any way to ...

Apply CF to Row after CF was applied to Column
Can someone please help me? I've read through the postings and the help files but still can't seem to figure out how to do this. I've applied conditional formatting to the J column of my spreadsheet so that if there's any text listed the cell turns yellow. What I'd like is if not only the cell but the row, from A:O turned yellow also. How do you do that? I'm using 07. Any help in English walking me through the steps or a hint toward the appropriate post would be greatly appreciated. Cuz I aint figrin it out on myown! Thanks in advance! --Dax...

sales tax auto calculate does not give you a message
If you have a negative line item on your SOP transaction, your line item tax amounts will be recalculated at the summary level. We would like a message box to open that tells you this is occuring. Steps to replicate this behavior: Enter Negative Line Item Taxes: You must have a tax schedule set up that uses 0% or $0 in the set up 1. Enter a SOP Invoice with a negative quantity amount. 2. Open the Sales Item Detail Entry window. 3. Enter -$5.00 in the Calculated Tax field. 4. In the Sales Line Item Detail Tax entry window select your Tax Schedule and enter -$5.00 in the tax amount f...

Use store credit to pay the layaway
Has anyone tried to use the store account credit to pay the layaway? It gave me an error "The amount for this tender can not exceed the purchase amount", anybody how to fix this? you cant -- Maurice Gordon Maurice@americanretailsupply.com Sales/Support 1-800-426-5708 XT 1307 "TJW" <TJW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:513EED25-FDE1-4569-B958-D86E16DCBDBB@microsoft.com... > Has anyone tried to use the store account credit to pay the layaway? It > gave > me an error "The amount for this tender can not exceed the purchase > ...

Does the Junk email filtering rules apply to RSS feeds?
Answer required! No. RSS feeds are voluntary and if you don't like them, you just delete them from reaching you. This is the same with newsgroups. If you don't like the insults in these newsgroups, you don't subscribe to them. PERIOD. Nobody send you these things to your mailbox. It is you who is getting them for your own consumption. With email it is completely different. You get spam even if you didn't want them so you need filters for them. Hope this helps. Jackel Jhon wrote: > > Answer required! Jackel Jhon wrote: > Answer required!...