How do we create a PO based on requirements/alert?

Client wants to build a PO but not send it out until all requirements of PO
(Ex- minimum quantity )have been met.  For example- XYZ company has a frieght
policy and wont ship until $500,000.00 of product is ordered.  We want to be
able to fill up PO to that threshold before the order is placed to ensure we
are meeting requirements.   Once the PO meets requirements, an alert/report
needs to be provided to initiate the creation of the PO.

0
Andrea (160)
12/13/2005 11:16:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You could memorize an Item report where Supplier = XYZ and Qty to Order >0.
This 'recommended reorder report' could be generated as frequently as
necessary.  When the total exceeds the minimum, the client can generate a PO
for XYZ based on reorder information.  The PO should match the report exactly.

I don't know of any way for RMS to generate the report automatically, much
less generate an alert.

HTH,
Tom
--
The worst words in business:
"We''ve always done it that way"

"Andrea" wrote:

> Client wants to build a PO but not send it out until all requirements of PO
> (Ex- minimum quantity )have been met.  For example- XYZ company has a frieght
> policy and wont ship until $500,000.00 of product is ordered.  We want to be
> able to fill up PO to that threshold before the order is placed to ensure we
> are meeting requirements.   Once the PO meets requirements, an alert/report
> needs to be provided to initiate the creation of the PO.

0
tomg1 (230)

Public Folder store issue
I dont ask a question relating to this earlier with no response. I overwrote our public folder store database with an old backup from another server, yes stupid i know please only make helpful comments on what to do next, Our mailbox store appears to still be running perfectly everyone can access their email and send/receive fine. I assume the best thing to do next is to either recreate a public store, as the one which i overwrote will not start, obviously, or, if possible, rollback the public store to the stage it was at 2 days ago(i dont have a backup and there wasn't anything im...

create a roster

e-mail alerts don't work,setup but don't work-
I have a pop 3 acct , but e-mail notification doesn't work any answers?, Thanks Studmn1. Studmn1 <Studmn1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a pop 3 acct , but e-mail notification doesn't work any > answers?, Thanks Studmn1. More details and symptoms needed. For example, what version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman office student and teacher edition 2003 for outlook, the pop up notification window doesn't pop up or change my mouse to the little mail icon or transperency window "Brian Tillman" wrote: > Studmn1 <Studmn1@discussions.microsof...

Task Create - Status

Reference to Knowledge base article 849972
Hi: We are experience this problem very frequently and is creating a problem in our accounting. Some times we are able to enter the invoice and some times not. Please fix this problem as early as possible. Until now in Great Plains 8 service pack 4a this fix is not availabe. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsrea...

using CList as a base class in an extension DLL
Hi all. I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure it out. I have a data class and a list class, in an extension DLL, declared like this: >#define DllExport __declspec (dllexport) >class DllExport CRate : public CObject { >public: > DECLARE_SERIAL (CRate) > CRate () { m_Rate = 0; } > CRate (const CRate &in) { *this = in; } > > const CRate& operator= (const CRate& in) > { m_Rate = in.m_Rate; m_Date = in.m_Date; return *this; } > > bool operator== (const CRate& in); > bool operator!= (const CRate& i...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

when form created

Creating a Brochure

How to create Access macro shortcut

Creating an ad book

Update field w/ string based on service due dates
Hi, I have a form that provides a listing of various instruments that are serviced on a monthly to annual basis, with general info about the instrument, last and next service dates, etc.. What I am trying to do is create an On Open event procedure that will identify all instruments that are listed with a string of either "Past Due" or "Schedule Vendor" based on whether each of their respective 'Due' dates have already transpired or not from the current month. The code I initially created for this was as follows: Private Sub Form_Open() Dim myDate, myDue myD...

Access unable to create an MDE

Counting entries in column C, based on entries in column A
I would like to count the # of entries of a value in column C, grouped by values in column A. Binder Note Category AA01 abc 2 AA01 ccc 2 AA01 abc 2 AA01 ddd 3 AA22 aaa 1 AA22 ccc 2 Need to find the # of Category 2's , for every Binder # Do not have the nested IF's I have tried available at the moment, but I am getting close... Try this: E1 = some binder code like AA01 E2 = some category number like 2 =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A7=E1),--(C2:C7=E2)) Biff <xj6rob@hotmail....

Report based on a record
How can I make a report, when it's opened, ask for user input? I need to have the user select a name from a list & report on that name's record. Is this done in the query for the report or the report itself? Thank You Don I almost always open a form first that has a control for the user to select or enter the criteria value(s). Then I add a button to open the report. There is sample code for this at http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/rpt0002.htm. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "blanch2010" wrote: > How can I make a report, when it...