How do we create a PO based on requirements/alert?

Client wants to build a PO but not send it out until all requirements of PO
(Ex- minimum quantity )have been met.  For example- XYZ company has a frieght
policy and wont ship until $500,000.00 of product is ordered.  We want to be
able to fill up PO to that threshold before the order is placed to ensure we
are meeting requirements.   Once the PO meets requirements, an alert/report
needs to be provided to initiate the creation of the PO.

0
Andrea (160)
12/13/2005 11:16:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You could memorize an Item report where Supplier = XYZ and Qty to Order >0.
This 'recommended reorder report' could be generated as frequently as
necessary.  When the total exceeds the minimum, the client can generate a PO
for XYZ based on reorder information.  The PO should match the report exactly.

I don't know of any way for RMS to generate the report automatically, much
less generate an alert.

HTH,
Tom
--
The worst words in business:
"We''ve always done it that way"

"Andrea" wrote:

> Client wants to build a PO but not send it out until all requirements of PO
> (Ex- minimum quantity )have been met.  For example- XYZ company has a frieght
> policy and wont ship until $500,000.00 of product is ordered.  We want to be
> able to fill up PO to that threshold before the order is placed to ensure we
> are meeting requirements.   Once the PO meets requirements, an alert/report
> needs to be provided to initiate the creation of the PO.

0
tomg1 (230)