how do I stop printing the extra credit card receipt for customer.

We just "upgraded" from QS2000 to Store Operations.

How do I stop printing the extra credit card receipt that prints for the
customer signature?

I didn't set it up (that I know of)...I don't even see an .xml file related
to it.  We don't need it since our credit cards are processed separately.

I don't see any options related to turning it off.
0
LCINDNR (3)
10/27/2004 9:13:06 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

SO Manager
Database/Registers/Receipt Formats
Open the Receipt Format
Click "Properties" for the "Sales" template

There's an attribute called "Show C.C. Signature"  - set that to false.

You'll have to restart POS to make the change take effect.

Also, in Database/Tender Types
you can uncheck the "Require Signature" checkbox on the credit card tender
types - this requires a Z-Report to take effect.

The credit card slip is part of receipt.xml by the way...
--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"LCINDNR" <LCINDNR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We just "upgraded" from QS2000 to Store Operations.
>
> How do I stop printing the extra credit card receipt that prints for the
> customer signature?
>
> I didn't set it up (that I know of)...I don't even see an .xml file
> related
> to it.  We don't need it since our credit cards are processed separately.
>
> I don't see any options related to turning it off.

0
glenn1806 (721)
10/27/2004 10:42:34 PM
Change the tender type to Other, not Credit Card. You only need to set it to
Credit Card if you want to enter the card information.

"LCINDNR" wrote:

> We just "upgraded" from QS2000 to Store Operations.
>
> How do I stop printing the extra credit card receipt that prints for the
> customer signature?
>
> I didn't set it up (that I know of)...I don't even see an .xml file related
> to it.  We don't need it since our credit cards are processed separately.
>
> I don't see any options related to turning it off.
0
Jan1 (88)
10/28/2004 4:31:06 AM
Thanks!  You've saved us a ton of paper!

"Glenn Adams" wrote:

> SO Manager
> Database/Registers/Receipt Formats
> Open the Receipt Format
> Click "Properties" for the "Sales" template
>
> There's an attribute called "Show C.C. Signature"  - set that to false.
>
> You'll have to restart POS to make the change take effect.
>
> Also, in Database/Tender Types
> you can uncheck the "Require Signature" checkbox on the credit card tender
> types - this requires a Z-Report to take effect.
>

> The credit card slip is part of receipt.xml by the way...
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "LCINDNR" <LCINDNR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We just "upgraded" from QS2000 to Store Operations.
> >
> > How do I stop printing the extra credit card receipt that prints for the
> > customer signature?
> >
> > I didn't set it up (that I know of)...I don't even see an .xml file
> > related
> > to it.  We don't need it since our credit cards are processed separately.
> >
> > I don't see any options related to turning it off.

0
LCINDNR (3)
10/28/2004 9:32:04 PM
Not a bad idea, but we have a lot of reports on the backend that look for the
"credit card" payment type.  I think Gary's answer should fix us up.

"Jan" wrote:

> Change the tender type to Other, not Credit Card. You only need to set it to
> Credit Card if you want to enter the card information.
>
> "LCINDNR" wrote:
>
> > We just "upgraded" from QS2000 to Store Operations.
> >
> > How do I stop printing the extra credit card receipt that prints for the
> > customer signature?
> >
> > I didn't set it up (that I know of)...I don't even see an .xml file related
> > to it.  We don't need it since our credit cards are processed separately.
> >
> > I don't see any options related to turning it off.
0
LCINDNR (3)
10/28/2004 9:33:04 PM
I didn't say change the Tender to Other. I said change the Type setting for
each of your credit card tenders to Other, rather than Credit Card.
If you are skipping the cardswipe and AP entry during tenders, there is no
point in prompting to enter this information to begin with (or print the
authorization stub).
This has NO EFFECT on the ability to print reports by tender payment type
(Cash, Check, Credit Card, etc). It stops prompting for information you
aren't collecting and skips printing the authorization slip regardless of the
receipt format settings.

"LCINDNR" wrote:

> Not a bad idea, but we have a lot of reports on the backend that look for the
> "credit card" payment type.  I think Gary's answer should fix us up.
>
> "Jan" wrote:
>
> > Change the tender type to Other, not Credit Card. You only need to set it to
> > Credit Card if you want to enter the card information.
> >
> > "LCINDNR" wrote:
> >
> > > We just "upgraded" from QS2000 to Store Operations.
> > >
> > > How do I stop printing the extra credit card receipt that prints for the
> > > customer signature?
> > >
> > > I didn't set it up (that I know of)...I don't even see an .xml file related
> > > to it.  We don't need it since our credit cards are processed separately.
> > >
> > > I don't see any options related to turning it off.
0
Jan1 (88)

Custom task form
Here is what I get after publishing a custom form then trying to open it. I tried technet but no luck. I found one artice that had directions thaqt did not apply to me. "The form you selected could not be displayed. An error occurred registering the form to the OLE registry." Any idea's? I can publish the form fine but when I open it I get this error and am unable to see the form. Thanks ...

how can I create a custom design for business card
I saved a picture on my desktop that I would like to use for my business card design.How do I go about doing it if it's possible? Thank you in advance Jason Jason Use the 'insert' picture from file, and then use the 'format' picture for placement, layout et al.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Shell/User http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm "wrenchnjai1" <wrenchnjai1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FF8A318-3324-445C-A07F-65B47F3C3258@microsoft.com... >I saved a picture on my desktop that I would like to use for my ...

stops responding

suppress decimal point combine print word and excel
When I use word to combine print (office 2002). some excel numberic value is long than I expect, I want to suppress decimal point only two digital . for example 20.22233222424 trans to 20.22 how can I do ? scwu@dfjh.tpc.edu.tw Hi in Word you can apply a format to imported fields or round your data in the Excel file with ROUND -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany thomas wrote: > When I use word to combine print (office 2002). > some excel numberic value is long than I expect, I want to suppress > decimal point only two digital . > for example 20.22233222424 trans to 20....

Print icon disabled
i have a notebook running on Windows 98SE, installed with Office 2000 Standard. When i launched Excel, the print icon is greyed out. When i go to File -> all the 4 print functions (print setup, print preview, print area & print) are greyed out as well. what i can do is to press Ctrl-P to print the Excel spreedsheet. I had even removed and reinstall Office 2000, but the problem still persist. Could anyone help me out? Desperately... On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 03:05:24 -0800, "Dylan" <dylanlee@starhub.com> wrote: >i have a notebook running on Windows 98SE, installed ...

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

how do I get rid of tiled print preview?
In publisher 2007, with some of the page sizes (most of the pages) I get the tiled page preview and it prints out that way. How do I get rid of it?!?!? Try setting up the printer first... I have no solution for you. I can't get the printing to work either. If there is a vendor template that matches what you are trying to print you may have success. What model printer do you have? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "vivian" <vivian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54F64E2A-9D04-447A...

How to delete most of the "custom sort list"
I didnt like what Excel imported now I have a lot of junk that will take a very very long time to remove from the custom list. Is there a way to delet them? I tried shift control and selecting the ones but that didnt work. Thanks Do you want to delete all of them? If yes, you could run a macro: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim iCtr As Long For iCtr = Application.CustomListCount To 5 Step -1 Application.DeleteCustomList iCtr Next iCtr End Sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/...

Receipt XML
I am attempting to have a gift receipt that prints only the items with the GIFT Sales Rep assigned. I understand that you cannot do an IF statement to compare a variable against a string. Instead you have to compare the variable to another variable which contains the string you're checking for. This seems to work for Entry.Item.ItemLookupCode but always returns true for Entry.SalesRep.Name. Any ideas? <!-- I am attempting to have a gift receipt that prints only the items with the GIFT Sales Rep assigned The code segment for Entry.SalesRep.Name always returns true which is no...

recipient policy stopped working

Black & White Printing
I have an excel chart that is color and when I preview it or print it from MY computer, it is color. However, when I open it on any other computer, the preview is black and white and it will print in black and white, even though when the print dialog box is open, the view of the chart will change to color and when the dialog box is closed, it goes back to b&w. The Page Setup>Sheet Black and White checkbox and Print Quality checkbox are both un-checked. Any ideas how to fix this problem? Thanks! We are having this same problem, we are trying to print grayscale table and i...

Online updates only working with credit accounts?
I have been struggling to get my account set up with automatic updates in money 2006. I have set it up successfully for 2 credit card accounts. But, when I set up brokerage accounts, they appear to connect to my accounts but then say $0 (this occurred with 3 accounts: Etrade, Fidelity, anad Vanguard). I searched the help/ user guides but found nothing about this problem. My bank (Citizen's Bank) apparently does not allow for automatic updates. I checked to see if Citizen's bank was on the financial institution list before I downloaded the software, and it was, so I feel like...

Using a custom form kills forward/reply arrows in the inbox?
Hi, I installed a custom email form in Outlook 2000 and the "Forward" and "Reply" arrows on mails in the inbox disappeared. The arrows reappear on new mails when I swap the default back to IPM.Note but as I really have to use this custom form the absence of the Forward/Reply indicators is a pain. Has anybody come across this issue before? Is there a method to turn these "flags" back on or do I have to dig into the code in the custom form? The custom form is just a modied IPM.Note that provides access to a COM plugin. Thanks! Fin Known issue, dating back t...

Check Name Dialogue
Does anyone know whether it is to change the order of the column heading in the "check names" dialogue box. Specifically to place the E-mail Type field first (in order to check whether the address is an e-mail or fax #). That interface is not configurable. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "KEllis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08c301c3b5be$ef885990$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know whether it is to change the order of the > column heading in the "check names" dialogue box. > Specifically to place the E-mail Typ...

Stop all macros
I have a button on a form, which should do different things depending on 1. The data contained within the current record; 2. Whether the current record is a 'new record'; 3. Whether the current record is the first record in the form. On click, an embedded macro is initiated. Each step in the embedded macro has a condition and a corresponding 'RunMacro' action. All the conditions are mutually exclusive, and each sub-macro has a final step of 'StopAllMacros'. So the embedded macro should trigger one, and only one sub-macro. However, it appears that what is act...

Stopping the scroll bar
Hi all, this is my first time. I don't know if this is the right place for this problem but here I go. I have created a template of an invoice the size of an A4 and would like to stop the scroll bar moving both horizantally and vertically in normal view just as if it was in print view. Is that possible through VBA and if yes what is the code that I would need to achieve such task. Thanks in advance --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Not too sure what you are after but you can remove the scrollbars with <Tools - Options> and then in the View tab, at the bottom,...

how do I customize a running head?
I need for the header to not be on the 2nd page of my document. I only need the number on the second page. Go to the header that you now have set up, select everything and press Ctrl+C, then delete the parts of it that you do not want. With the header page still active, open the Page Setup dialog and go to the Layout tab and in the Headers and Footers section, check the Different first page box and then click OK. You will now see an empty First Page Header pane, into which you can paste (Ctrl+V) what you copied using Ctrl+C. If you are using Word 2007, on the Design tab o...

Stopping a Campaign Temporarily
Hi, My client has executed the campaign in Jan 1st 2006 and the end date is Dec 31st 2006. But he wants to stop the campaign temporarily from 15th July 2006 and again start it from 1st Aug 2006. So what is that I need to do for this thing, i have never come across this kind of situation before. Thanks in advance. Regards, Shabbir. ...

Would you stop for a moment?!
Excuse me!! Would you stop for a moment?! O...man...Haven't you thought-one day- about yourself ? Who has made it? Have you seen a design which hasn't a designer ?! Have you seen a wonderful,delicate work without a worker ?! It's you and the whole universe!.. Who has made them all ?!! You know who ?.. It's "ALLAH",prise be to him. Just think for a moment. How are you going to be after death ?! Can you believe that this exact system of the universe and all of these great creation will end in in nothing...just after death! Have you thought, for a second, How to save you...

What is on the screen does not print
I'm printing a newsletter, and on some pages there is a line in the middle that does not print, or only prints the top part of the line. It shows up just fine on PrintView. It is not the printer--I've tried different printers. HELP! The line runs vertical where? In the middle of a page or in the center of two pages? Is there something in front of the line such as a white text box or an image? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JL Saint Luke's" <JL Saint Luke's@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Discover Card Updates
OS - WinXP Home SP2 Ver - Money 2006 Deluxe Has anyone had any issues with Discover Card recently using the "update now" function? I have had 2 separate data files setup in Money since the 2003 version. I have been on 2006 for about 3 or 4 months now. I have never had any major issues with Discover Card transactions updating. At times one data file would update and the other wouldn't but it never lasted for more than a day and it never involved either account NOT updating. Since last Friday (Aug 18) I have received an OFXHTTP403 error stating that "The Internet, bank...

Help! Seems like our stores have been swapping their customer data
We upgraded our computers from XP to Vista OS systems - 2 stores two weeks apart. Now in the HQ the customer information is missing and swapped between the two stores. Could this be a VISTA issue - seems like some wires are crossed up. Back ups and register are exactly as before... Please help! diana Is this RMS or POS 2009? Contact me directly if you wish to correspond on this. mbcotton@princeton-pos.net "ZCSF" wrote: > We upgraded our computers from XP to Vista OS systems - 2 stores two weeks > apart. Now in the HQ the customer information is missing and...