help needed - Standard items vs Matrix items

Started to set up the inventory items.
Since we're a small boutique store, with limited selections of certain
products, the Matrix item approach seems to not be perfectly suited - but I
see the power of reporting based on the 3 separate attributes.

Not sure if I can create a matrix for a certain cluster of skirts, get all
the combinations between the various attrbutes and then delete the items that
we don't have in our inventory and will never going to get. This would make
it cleaner I guess. The price could be different for each of the shirts.

Or Standard items would be the better choice? Any advice/comment appreciated.

Thank you!

0
Adrian1 (78)
4/14/2006 2:50:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Adrian,

Look at the thread enttiled "Advantage of Matrix vs Standard items" on March
12th. It should answer most of your questions. If you have any more post
again.

Rob

"Adrian" <Adrian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Started to set up the inventory items.
> Since we're a small boutique store, with limited selections of certain
> products, the Matrix item approach seems to not be perfectly suited - but
> see the power of reporting based on the 3 separate attributes.
>
> Not sure if I can create a matrix for a certain cluster of skirts, get all
> the combinations between the various attrbutes and then delete the items
> that
> we don't have in our inventory and will never going to get. This would
> make
> it cleaner I guess. The price could be different for each of the shirts.
>
> Or Standard items would be the better choice? Any advice/comment
> appreciated.
>
> Thank you!

0
Rob
4/14/2006 3:13:50 PM
Rob, it's a bit unclear still - I posted a reply to that message.
Thanks for replying so fast.

"Rob" wrote:

> Adrian,
>
> Look at the thread enttiled "Advantage of Matrix vs Standard items" on March
> 12th. It should answer most of your questions. If you have any more post
> again.
>
> Rob
>
> "Adrian" <Adrian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Started to set up the inventory items.
> > Since we're a small boutique store, with limited selections of certain
> > products, the Matrix item approach seems to not be perfectly suited - but
> > see the power of reporting based on the 3 separate attributes.
> >
> > Not sure if I can create a matrix for a certain cluster of skirts, get all
> > the combinations between the various attrbutes and then delete the items
> > that
> > we don't have in our inventory and will never going to get. This would
> > make
> > it cleaner I guess. The price could be different for each of the shirts.
> >
> > Or Standard items would be the better choice? Any advice/comment
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you!

0
Adrian1 (78)
4/14/2006 3:35:02 PM
Watch the short tutorial at: http://www.digitalretailer.com/POp-demo.htm
Download our add-in tool for matrix management and see what you think.
In your case you would uncheck the boxes for any line items you don't
want to add before saving the new matrix grid.

Greg
Digital Retail Solutions
www.digitalretailer.com/RMSaddins

"Adrian" <Adrian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Started to set up the inventory items.
> Since we're a small boutique store, with limited selections of certain
> products, the Matrix item approach seems to not be perfectly suited - but
> see the power of reporting based on the 3 separate attributes.
>
> Not sure if I can create a matrix for a certain cluster of skirts, get all
> the combinations between the various attrbutes and then delete the items
> that
> we don't have in our inventory and will never going to get. This would
> make
> it cleaner I guess. The price could be different for each of the shirts.
>
> Or Standard items would be the better choice? Any advice/comment
> appreciated.
>
> Thank you!

0
support7094 (156)

sumifs help

Help !

Help with this thing

Budget item not showing as 'budgeted' in Monthly Budget Report
When I run my "Monthly Budget" report, it is showing "Bills:Electricity" actual dollars of $212, and budgeted is $0. However, when I go to the budget, my regularly scheduled utility bill is clearly shown as budgeted at $225/month under the Bills:Electricity category, under the "Utilities" budget group. Why isn't the $225 showing up on the budget report in the budgeted column?? -mdb Not sure if this is the same thing, but in an earlier version of money, I had to go to the account setting (from which the bill was paid) and check some box that reference...

need to add custom entity to email selection list
We have created a custom entity called Employee which has an email address as one of its fields. We would like to be able to select an employee record while creating an email activity. How do I add this entity to the list of entities to choose from in the To field in the email activity? You can't. The list of entities you can email to are set within CRM. One option to get around this is to load employees as Contacts - with a Contact type = Employee. "Jeanenne" wrote: > We have created a custom entity called Employee which has an email address as > one of its fie...

Need function to insert worksheet name into a cell of that worksheet.
I have found a formula on the web help site to automatically insert a worksheet name into a cell of the worksheet. I have several worksheets and wish to identify each worksheet automatically in a cell of each worksheet. When I use the formula it initially brings in the correct worksheet name. However when I select another worksheet the prior name appears in the selected cell. Perhaps I need to change something in my formula or this is a problem that I can't correct. What is your suggestion? The following formula is what I am using in each worksheet. =MID(CELL("fil...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Stopping the Over-Receipt of Purchase Line Items
Without code, does anybody know of a way to prevent a user from overreceiving a purchase order? The message appears that says the item has been fully received. But, the user is still able to keep going. Thanks -- Charles Allen, MVP Charles, I checked and I don't think you can accomplish this without a customization. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Charles Allen" wrote: > Without code, does anybody know of a way to...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Excel Needs to Close
Frequently, when turning on my computer, I will get the message something like "Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close." I may not have used Excel for days and it definitely was not open when the computer was turned off. Any clues? Do I have a problem? Ed, Look for an Excel file, or Excel itself, in your Startup folder (Start - All programs). Scan for viruses. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com Note: Top-posting has been the norm here. Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already top-posted, the thr...

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Macro Help

help me #2

HQ & Store Operations Manager item synchronization
I have certain Items created only in stores but not in the HQ manager, how can items created at store level be oploaded to HQ Manager. Regards, Kami This is not possible in RMS, you may find addon that handle it "Kami" <Kami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71A61834-284E-4342-B00E-B7A78C8EBE6B@microsoft.com... >I have certain Items created only in stores but not in the HQ manager, how > can items created at store level be oploaded to HQ Manager. > > Regards, > Kami > > This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_...

CString help

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help

Rules Wizard Help

More help with formula
I need 2 formulas for the following: Problem 1: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th numbers is those columns are 50 or less then I the sum to go in on column; then the sum of numbers between 51 to 100 to go into anothe column. Problem 2: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th individual number 1-100 is used (3 times, 4 times, 5 times, etc.) tota the I need to show the number of times it was used in the columns. For example: If 1 is used 5 times in columns C thru G then the numbe is 5; the same with 2, th...