Have two of every customer in database!! HOW DO I CHANGE??

For Some reason when i created a new database for our new
location it created two of every customer. Anybody have
any thoughts cuz i sure as hell can't figure out how to
erase the copied customers.
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The only solution I can offer is to manually go in and delete a copy of each
customer.  My question is : Did the copy get the same account number and if
so how?

--
Elizabeth M.
"LEGENDSBOSS" <SNOWJOE6910@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
> For Some reason when i created a new database for our new
> location it created two of every customer. Anybody have
> any thoughts cuz i sure as hell can't figure out how to
> erase the copied customers.

0
anonymous (74721)
7/13/2004 3:32:32 PM

Administrator using a SQL.
The SQL is DELETE FROM (location). In this case I used
DELETE FROM Customer. Then I ran a Sysncronize Store
Database and a Data Upload and all the customers were Re-
updated. Now the problem I'm having is all my Suppliers
are have 2 of each one. Also when the customers were in
the database twice the account numbers and all thier
information was the same.

Linking to tables on another database
I have a live database (DataB) that is used by someone else that I am connecting to. I have no control over the DataB database and all I want to ever do is pull information without modifying any of the data. If I set up linked tables from my database to DataB, how do I ensure that I set up my database correctly so that it does not modify any of the data on DataB? Thanks! On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 19:05:53 -0800, none <rwinter75@yahoo.com> wrote: Options include: * Put DataB on a readonly share. * Use workgroup security to give the user only readonly rights * In your forms, set Allow Addi...

Customization for sales tax roll-down for release 7.0 & 7.5!
Does anyone know where I could locate the customization for versions 7.0 & 7.5 to mimic the tax roll-down functionality of version 6.0 as explained in Technowedge Document ID:34567 or KB862422? ...

Adding/changing registry keys
I used to do stuff periodically with registry keys from Excel. Are there any issues with more modern versions of Windows and permissions? Are there areas of the registry that I can use/can't use Does a user have to have administrator rights for my code to write to the registrty? Thanks M Broadly speaking, you should restrict yourself to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER region of the registry. Leave LOCAL_MACHINE and CLASSES_ROOT alone and let Windows or other applications use those regions. If you screw up the registry, it is much easier to fix things up in CURRENT_USER than ...

changing cell contents based on a condition
For all cells in a column, E2 - E20, that contain a value of 0, how can you change the value to a space while making no changes to cells containg a value > 0? Mike, I can't tell you how to eliminate the value, but you could conditionally format the cells that contain a value = to or less than 0 to white text- which might accomplish what you need... if your main goal is to not see the 0... "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE568AF0-0994-43FE-AAE0-3EA6C5492E47@microsoft.com... > For all cells in a column, E2 - E20, that contain a v...

Customizing the contacts order in the Address Book
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop My address book has always had my business partner's email at the top, both in the main Address Book view and when I select a name from the Address Book in New Message (her first and last name start with letters in the middle of the alphabet). If I click on the Name field in either view, the names are not in alphabetical order either by first name or last name. It &quot;appears&quot; to be in the order I last updated the person's info in the Address Book. Essentially I want to keep ...

how to create a customize reports in project server 2007
we need to create a customize status reports weekly on our required format. Sam -- You have not given us nearly enough information to help you, my friend. Please tell us whether you want to create these reports in Microsoft Project Professional 2007, in Project Web Access, or in SQL Reporting Services. Beyond this, please give us some idea of your reporting requirements. And then the users in this group will try to help you. Let us know. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com http://www.projectserverexperts.co...

Custom Views
I see from other posts that there is no way to copy a custom view from one worksheet to another (aside from using "save as" as a work around). My next question then is there any way to disply what settings are inherent in a custom view so that I can re-create it in another sheet? Thanks, Parls What types of Custom Views? If you have a view of a filtered worksheet would that filter necessarily be valid for the next sheet? If some columns or rows were hidden would you want the same view for the next sheet? You could just make a copy of the sheet and Custom Views...

Custom sizing of publications
I want to custom size my Publisher 2002 publications to make unique shaped mini flyers, i.e. two 4.25" X 11" publications to a sheet or four 4.25" X 5.5" publications to a page. Each of the two or four documents on the sheet would have the same content. Accidently, I came across the option once in Publisher 2002, but now I can't find my way back to that option. File, Page setup, input 4.25 X 11, Publisher should default to two per page. The other page setup is the postcard selection. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ n...

change default font size in contact record template, "note area"
I wish to change the default font size in the note area when using a contract record. I can change the font size when I open each record but I wish to change the default size of that font. It's controlled by one of the settings in tools, options, mail format, fonts and is global to all note fields and message bodies. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Ex...

Powerpoint 2007 Excel import change tab
Hi, The situation is as follows: Powerpoint template needs to import data from specific fields from within a tab in excel. This tab name changes depending on the client. Using the "paste Special" i can get the info imported fine. The part i have a problem with is changing the name of the tab to import different data.Powerpoint doesn't have an option under "Prepare>Edit Links To file" If anyone can suggest a solution even a macro to prompt the user to enter the name of the new sheet they want to pull the data from. The Execl file does not change ...

Unhide database window
Hi, I hide database window window in the start up of the application,in Office 2003 i use the below code to unhide it: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowUnhide I try to use the same code with Office 2007 but it does not work,can anybody help? (...) > I hide database window window in the start up of the application,in > Office 2003 i use the below code to unhide it: > DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowUnhide > > I try to use the same code with Office 2007 but it does not work,can > anybody > help? Try this instead: DoCmd.SelectObject acTable,"",True K.P. MVP, Pola...

MS project: custom formula for work
Consider the following scenario: I am a flooring contractor and I track all my jobs as one MS project. I am planning work for 2 homes where home 1 (H1) is 1000 sq feet, and home 2 (h2)is 2000 sq feet. It takes one person-day to finish 500 sq feet. When I create a new task for H1, I simply want to enter 1000 sq ft as an input about H1 and then I want MS project to calculate 1000/500 = 2 days as the duration for H1. Similarly, I want to enter 2000 sq ft an input about H2 and then I want MS project to calculate 2000/500=4 days as the duration for H2. I know how to create a ...

changing TOC width
Hi everybody, In Word 07 I inserted a TOC , but I use border for my pages and TOC page numbers go beyond that page border, I can't find a feature in 07 to reduce the width of TOC , Any suggestions? -- Best regards, Edward Change the page margins or add indents to the TOC and move the right-aligned tab for the page numbers. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Edward" <Edward@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0BC97AA-8322-4FAB-A447-15E5A0804940@microsoft.com... >...

Excel databases. I'm lost. Curses.
G'day. A few years back, I created an excel database. First I created a from and I could toggle to the database via a tool button. If I clicked on the row I could toggle back to that data entries in form mode. Something else. I changed the row and column headings. The headings became the headings on the form instead of A, G, C, D, etc. Instead of these grey cell references automatically given by excel, not names in a cell underneath. Hope that makes sense. Now that I need to create something similar again for personal use, I can't remember how I did it. It's driving me insane...

Graph two linear inequality equations
So the question is..... Any help or guidnace or direction to a web page from the gurus would be appreciated for getting it into excel so I can have a pretty graph. I can solve this with a stuby pencil and paper. Easy enough to get the X and Y coordinates. How do you put it into excel to graph? I looked online and find examples, but the more I look the more confused I get. 400j + 250X <= 20,000 (j=0 and x= 80) (j=50 and x =0) straight line 40j + 30X <= 2,160 (j= 0 x = 72) J = 54 X = 0) straight line j >= 0 x >=0 (0,72) X220 = 15,840 (54,0) X320 = 17,280 An electronics ...

Can two Outlook clients access same PST file at same time?
Suppose you have two diff computers... each with Outlook installed on the. Can they BOTHH access and work wit the same PST file at the same time? Also.... this is a general question..... but why on earth would you use PSt files to begin with? >No. A PST file can only be opened by one person at a time. OK... thanks >You'd use PST files for archiving, or anytime you don't have an Exchange >Server. Ok.... reason I ask is the we DO have an Exchange server here at work yet the IT guy still insists we use PST files.....which are stored on the server..... for backup and securit...

How can I merge 2 documents into one and combine changes?
I have 2 documents. About 75% of the information is identical in both. when I merge them I get a 3rd document that highlights and red-lines changes and shows what has been DELETED. What I want to do is: 1. Have word compare the 2 and delete only duplicate entries 2. Insert additions in one document from other 3. Show me what has been changed 4. Allow me to merge the two and ELIMINATE the correction notations (red text, lines, etc.) Thanks ...

Change Format from booklet to just print each page as is.
I am using power point 2003. I have not used this program very much. I created a 15 page document that prints out like a booklet - which I do not want. I need the program to print it out just as I have typed it - Landscape, with 2 columns/page. How do I change this without re-typing the whole thing? Can someone please help me? Aurora I suspect you've got booklet printing selected in your printer options somewhere. You can look under File | Print, then click the Properties button at the top of the Print dialog. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What...

Responding to res change.
What event, in a dialog app, would I respond to when the res changes?? TIA Sorry... what I meant was when the resolution of the screen changes. I'm sure that there must be an event or function set up to handle it. "Ajay Kalra" wrote: > What do you mean by the res changes? > > Do you mean value of a resource in the dialog when it is running? You will > need to handle events/callbacks specific to that control. You can also > subcalss the contol in MFC. > > -- > Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] > ajaykalra@yahoo.com > > > "Golum256" &l...

Changing Delete Privilege for a Role Does not Take Effect
Hi There A particular user has one role - "Salesperson". I went into the saleperson role, to core records. The Salesperson role has "User" delete privelege for accounts and contacts. I change the delete privelege to "None Selected" for account and contact deletion. Then I save the role. When I come back to the role, the save has not taken effect. The Salesperson role still has "User" delete privileges on accounts and contacts. What am I doing wrong? TIA Bill ...

Changed Titled bar and now sort doesn't default to "Header Row"
I feel like an idiot. I deleted the first row in a data field that I used to be able to sort by. After inserting a new row and re-titling each column, when I go to sort now the default comes up "No Header Row" and I have to switch it back to "Header Row". Is there something I can do to get it to default back to "Header Row" like it was before I messed it up? Excel likes to see something different that distinguishes the header row. One easy fix is to bold that header row. Steven wrote: > > I feel like an idiot. I deleted the first row in a data f...

How do I change messages going to junk e-mail into Inbox?
Some how I changed my messages to go directly into my junk e-mail folder and not the inbox. How can i change this back? "jeanster" <jeanster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7A47246-516A-4062-9FA8-17DF1D67F134@microsoft.com... > Some how I changed my messages to go directly into my junk e-mail folder and > not the inbox. How can i change this back? Check your Blocked Sender list and other Junk E-mail settings. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Customer's Property
Any one has idea ? "Math" wrote: > Hello, > > I developpe at present an addon fidelity's points. > > Simple example : If a customer buys an article, and if he is enrolled in the > loyalty program, he will earn some “credit points”. > > The addon is developped but I would like to use fields > Customer.CustomNumber1 to store the total of “credit points”. > > Is it a method in ".net" to update it? > > Thank you > > Math ...

Change Name of a Mutual Fund PERMANENTLY!!!!
After doing an update of my accounts, M05 questions me as to whether "Fid Contrafund" is a new fund or the same as one that I already own. Each time I tell M05 that the fund is the same as one that is already in my investment portfolio. I then select "Fidelity Contrafund (FCNTX)" from a drop-down list of investments. M05 then asks me if I'm sure they are the same fund and I reply Yes. The problem is that I have to go through this little trial EACH TIME I update. Does anyone know of a way to tell the software the answer to this question once and for all???? ...

Auto Refresh PivotTable on Data change
I have a Data List on one Worksheet and a PivotTable that is using tha Data List to retrieve its information. I would like the PivotTable t automatically update itself as soon as there is a change to the Dat List. I found something simular to this when I searched for aut refresh Pivto Table but I could really understand what they were sayin to do. Thanks Shaw -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use an event procedure to refresh the pivot table when its sheet is activated. For example: Private Sub Worksheet_Activate() ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1).PivotCache.Refresh...