I suggest that POS doesn't go offline if it can't write into registry,
displaying a message box instead telling that it couldn't access the registry.

What happens if the POS machine goes offline without having access to edit
the registry?
This typically happen when the user is a normal user (not a power user)
1.	The POS application will try to connect to the server main database
within the pre-configured ‘Connect Timeout’ in the RMS Administrator
(Typically 15 seconds)
2.	The application will then try to connect to the pre-defined offline
database (which is usually stored locally) within the pre-defined ‘Connect
Timeout’ for the offline database in the RMS Administrator.
3.	The POS application will supposedly succeed in connecting to the offline
database (if it’s properly configured).
4.	The POS application will display a message telling that it’s working in
offline mode and will TRY to change the “TerminalOffline” flag in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Retail Management System\Quicksell
Commerce\POS User\ from ‘False’ to ‘True’ but unfortunately will fail in
changing this registry value.
5.	Instead of informing the user about failure in changing the registry
value, the POS application will work offline without changing the registry
value that’s a must to know its status and therefore resulting in unexpected
behavior afterwards.
6.	The POS application will record its transactions locally in the offline
database while working offline although the registry value “TerminalOffline”
is still ‘False’.
7.	When the main database is back online, POS application is restarted, and
will be able to connect to it since the network and the server are up
8.	The POS application will check the “TerminalOffline” flag too to know if
there are some transactions to upload or not.
9.	The POS application will find the “TerminalOffline” flag set to ‘False’
(this shouldn’t happen) and therefore will do nothing except working normally
in online mode as if it was never in offline mode (the POS application
doesn’t know in this case that it was in offline mode).
10.	The offline transactions will not be uploaded to the main database and
there will be no blind closed batches.

i know that the registry access could be given thru group policy or direct
registry permissions,but my suggestion is just to inform the user that
something went wrong so that they can handle it in the begining.
Nashat

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=544ba95c-e6ce-48cb-bb07-9a38d4eb26aa&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
Nashat (16)
9/18/2006 8:34:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Linking Access 2007 to Microsoft Project 2007
I have an application that tracks various projects with milestones and other dates. My client is interested in visually depicting some of this information, and would like to try using Microsoft Project. They have created a small Project file with data they extracted and manually entered into project. What we now want to do is figure out how to either link Project to Access to use the Access tables directly, or to use Access to identify "differences" between their data and what exists in the application. Does anyone have any experience in this area? What is th...

Write-Back Cache
Is anyone ot there using write-back cache on there ARRAY controllers.? Right now I have an Exchange system using a HP MSA 1000 SAN to house Exchange Databases, stores, etc. I have read in some books and some blogs that you should put write-back cache at 100% on the array controller and there is a great perfromance gain? Does anybody have anything to add? i.e. good idea, how much perfromance increase, etc? Thanks, KJK Write-back cache should only be enabled if the array controller is battery-backed. It should be a decent performance gain. As I understand it, enabling write-back cach...

Where Do Messages Go??
If there isn't a kink in my program and it's behaving as it should, I hope someone can answer my questions. Messages disappear. Example: I e-mailed a friend, who e-mailed me back. When I answered that response, I could find no trace of it in "sent mail" or anywhere else, and the item in my inbox maintained its appearance as unread mail. If I click "mark read" it disappears altogether. I've lost several messages this way. Also I seem to be unable to drag a message from one folder to another. It gets lost in the transporter, never to be seen agai...

exclusive access to the database error. Office 2003 upgrade.
Hi. This access dtaabase was on a shared folder used by upto 40 simultaeous users. There were no issues. In January they upgraded from office 2000 to office 2003 and started getting this error. "You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time. If you proceed to make changes, you may not be able to save them later" I checked teh article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/839782 but we don't have the same situation. There is only one .ldb file and there is no .mdw file with the same name as ldb file. Is this related to office 2003 upgrade. The firs...

Fowarding a message without including original text received.
Dear Sirs How do I forward a message without including the original text in the mail received? ...

Where do the Archives Go?
I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? Thanks! I use XP, and Office 2007. "6Sigma 5s No Clue" <6Sigma5sNoClue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B239B721-DCF1-4337-947D-B325D4BF0E4A@microsoft.com... >I cannot find the information Outlook claims to have archived for me. Yes I > know how to display the archived calendar, but it's blank. Any ideas? > Thanks! > > I use XP, and Office 2007. Why do you think Outook is arch...

Simple Access Query
Hi I would like to allow the user to click on a button and then call a query and assign the returned value to a textBox control How can I do that? Thank you, Samuel Realistically, you don't need to call a query. Using the DLookup function should be sufficient to return the required value from the query. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Samuel" <samuel.shulman@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:ObHv4q3qHHA.1212@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I would like to allow the user to click on a button ...

transactions without saved payee missing from report
I am a treasurer for a charity and have been using money to track the accounts (because I foolishly believed that it was better than paper) I have a customised money cashflow report that I need to show all transactions, so I do the following: 1. select all categories (click on select all button) - this is on the category tab 2. select all payees (click on select all button) on the payee tab But I have just discovered that for a transaction where I chose not to add the payee to my list of payees that it is missing from the report. In otherwords I can only report on transactions for which I c...

Price/cost fields need to be able to go beyond 5 decimals.
When we receive product it comes in $ per metric ton, which we convert to $ per lb.. We sometimes receive product in millions of lbs. in one line item, when we convert from $/MT to lb./MT the limit of 5 decimal places in a currency field causes pretty lare rounding errors to occur in our extended cost. This causes our posted cost in GP to be different than what we actually pay our vendors. The ability to extend beyond 5 decimals in the currency field would solve the problem, but for now it is not possible in GP. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsof...

storing historical data in Access
Hi. I am creating an Access database to store information about employees, such as their job title and address info. However, I also need to store their historical job title and address info as it changes. I have other tables in the database to store info on their different benefit plans. In the employee info table, I have their Employee ID (the number that the company assigns to each employee) as the primary field. So, it will not let me add duplicate entries for each employee. I thought about making the primary key an autonumber field but I need the primary key to be the employee ID so...

Filtering in Access 97
HiI was wondering if some kind person could answer this question for me orgive me a leader in help for it.I have to filter out from a database all the Client codes from a field thatlooks like thisCodes for ClientsANCD #AMRU ANRD ADNIACRI *EVER #ASTI*AMRI ASST *FROT ASSUADDU -ADCB -MNOP ACRUThis is just to give you the idea.I need to filter out all the codes that do not have-*#in them, leaving me with the plain codes on their own. I have tried a ...

Multiple calendars, how to choose which one meetings go into
Hi I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting request how can i change which calendar the meeting goes into, at the moment they all go into what i guess is the default calendar which i want to change to a different one any ideas? thanks Chris You really can't change it. Outlook treats certain folders special. "Chris S" <fred@fred.com> wrote in message news:43cf7167$0$23294$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... > Hi > > I have 3 calendars setup in outlook XP , when someone sends me a meeting > request how can i change which calend...

Export MS-Access report output
Hi! I would like to export some MS-Access reports output to pdf. However, the only possibility offered by Access (afaik) for me to export formatted output is snp (snapshot) (I use MS-Office XP Prof. 2002 version). With formatted output I mean the *exactly* output I produce from executing my report (information is gathered from an ODBC database). 1) Is there a way (e.g. using VBA) for me to export directly in pdf? 2) If not, where can I find a tool for me to convert snp to pdf (or other, that could be converted to pdf (e.g. MS-Word .doc))? Thanks in advance, JC Access won't make PD...

Go to page
I have a long document and need to go the certain pages without having to scroll down. How do I go to a particular page? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0040_01CAEE07.56832EE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Press Ctrl+G to open the GoTo dialog, and enter the page number. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "richard" <rmk@wo...

Opening Hyperlinks in IE7 With MS Access 2002
Hi: Have a really simple and perhaps dumb question so here goes: Using MS Access 2002 with hyperlinks to photos stored on network. All hyperlinks currently open in a new tabbed window. I can understand hyperlinks for new websites opening in a tabbed window but shouldn't photos open with picture viewer? Many thanks ...

Accessing Cubes -- Pivot Tables vs. Cube Analysis Add-In?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C6CAA4.EBE3A5D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I am accessing some cubes created with Analysis Services on SQL 2005.=20 Wondering if anyone has a link to a website or document that can detail = the advantages (if any) of using the Cube Analysis add-in to Excel 2003 = to access these cubes versus creating an external data connection to the = OLAP cubes through the standard Pivot Tables functionality. So far I am not seeing the value of this Cub...

Connect via modem when Outlook is offline does not work Outlook 2002
Hi, I have recently discovered a problem with Outlook 2002. When I am connected to a network I would like to be able to send and receive automatically. When I am not connected to the network I would like the Dial-up dialog to pop up when I click send/receive. This worked in Outlook 2000 but when I upgraded to Outlook 2002. All my settings appear correct. This was the same in the original installation and after updating to SP3. I have also made sure that IE6 is not in offline mode. I have each email account set to Connect via modem when Outlook is offline - as I have for IE6. When I click Sen...

object access
Event Type: Success Audit Event Source: Security Event Category: Object Access Event ID: 562 Date: 11/5/2005 Time: 6:10:40 PM User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: xxxxx Description: Handle Closed: Object Server: Microsoft Exchange Handle ID: 264426648 Process ID: 3556 Image File Name: C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\BIN\store.exe For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. what do these messages mean? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841001/EN-US/ "tony" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:OEpY8dn4FHA.3976@TK...

Here we go again
Well, once again CashEdge is not connecting/syncing with Money and MSN Money. I guess I won't run right out to buy Money 2007. Even if the software were an improvement over M06, it cannot be any better than the weakest link in the sync chain. A known problem, David -- and not unique to the version of Money. Look at http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp -- Michael Gordon MVP "David Haynes" <nospam@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:eNopg0UzGHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Well, once again CashEdge is not connecting/syncing with Money and MSN ...

Word 2007 crashes when accessing address book
I've reinstalled Office 2007 several times. I have even done a complete clean reinstall of my Windows 7 Home Premium and all that goes along with that. If Outlook is open all is fine, if not word will crash as soon as I click on a name to fill in an envelope or a label. As others have had this issue I still haven't found anyone with the solution. I have done all the usual like turning off all add-ins. Outlook IS the default mail handler, I've done the whole -- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Word\Data and Rename the "Data" Key to "Da...

Not all emails going out??
For the last week or so, send few, my emails have not been going out, or not going out to all parties I access from my address book. Just tested by sending one to myself...went fine. Sent second to a single party and cc myself. Did not receive my cc in outlook, but it did show up in my iphone. Tried a third to a group of people...through a single address book contact, and nothing happened. I am strictkly novice, but have not had this problem before. Any ideas??? -- Thanx! Wilson Kobel;110315 Wrote: > For the last week or so, send few, my emails have not been going...

Run an excel file in other PC without Office installed
Hi, Can I run an excel file in other PC that doesn=B4t have office installed like in Access where you can create an autoexec. Thanks!! You can download a free Excel Viewer from the MS site best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP people.stfx.ca/bliengme email address: remove uppercase characters "1234" <altachicasaudaces@gmail.com> wrote in message news:20a97d5d-c42e-4bcf-bd4c-6c559f7b3229@b7g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Can I run an excel file in other PC that doesn�t have office installed > like in Access where you can c...

Offline Sync
Outlook 2002 is setup with offline mailbox but now when the user connects to the network, the offline mailbox will not ync automatically ? Client: Outlook 2002 sp2 Server: Exchange 2000 (Not integrated with ADS.) ...

What are the advantages of using Access over Excel?
Homework? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "dems" <dems@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11A30FC3-E7D8-4F24-8949-9EBD0A4CD3D6@microsoft.com... > What are the advantages of using a car over a telephone ? HTH. best wishes Harald "dems" <dems@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:11A30FC3-E7D8-4F24-8949-9EBD0A4CD3D6@microsoft.com... > They ask meaningless things like this in schools ? Disturbing. Best wishes Harald "Bob Phillips" <bob.phillips@notheretiscali.co.uk> ...

If Public Folders are going away..
What would be the best/simplest solution for a user requesting a group calendar to be used within Outlook. Ordinarily i would advise them to create a calendar within the Public Folders hierarchy and then assign access rights to anyone who needs it. I understand though that Public Folders will be history with the next release of Exchange. The only thing i can think of is to create a new mailbox, share the calendar, and then walk users through adding it to their Outlook folder list. I suspect this isn't the best way though. Any recommendations out there? All clients are running ...