Global Customers #2

Hi

Does anyone know if it is possible to change a global customers info at the
store level?

We run into problems when a customer comes in and wants to change their
phone number and the cashier cannot do this.

We are currently running HQ V1.3

0
mbonin (24)
2/7/2007 4:15:00 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

We have a Store and HQ Utilities that are a whole series of add-ons bundled
together.  Amongst which there is one that allows you to change the Global
Customer info from store.  For more info contact me.

Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ]
CEO - Retail Realm
= = = = = = = = = =
"mbonin" <mbonin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Does anyone know if it is possible to change a global customers info at
> the
> store level?
>
> We run into problems when a customer comes in and wants to change their
> phone number and the cashier cannot do this.
>
> We are currently running HQ V1.3

0
afshin (783)
2/7/2007 9:23:29 PM
To my knowledge this can only be done in HQ Manager and, in Maintenance Mode.
Curious if there is another way.

"mbonin" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Does anyone know if it is possible to change a global customers info at the
> store level?
>
> We run into problems when a customer comes in and wants to change their
> phone number and the cashier cannot do this.
>
> We are currently running HQ V1.3

0
Luminox (155)
2/7/2007 9:46:15 PM
We have an addon that allows you to instantly add new customers as well as
edit global customers.
You can view a tutorial and download 30 day demo at
http://www.retail-pos.com/addons/index.html#1
Contact us through the site.

"mbonin" <mbonin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Does anyone know if it is possible to change a global customers info at
> the
> store level?
>
> We run into problems when a customer comes in and wants to change their
> phone number and the cashier cannot do this.
>
> We are currently running HQ V1.3

0
ianm7076 (29)

moving publisher #2
I bought a computer with publisher bundled (no cd). Now I want to put it on my new laptop. How do I move it from the desktop computer to the laptop???? Cliff without the source CD...you don't. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Cliff" <Cliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:336C1CBE-2A51-4B62-B83D-46C35C557B74@microsoft.com... > I bought a computer with publisher bundled (no cd). Now I want to put it > on > my new laptop. How do I move it from the desktop computer to the > laptop???? > > Cliff I...

?�Z�k ?��??�ra? ??�s?�� #2

Custom (medical?) fonts for PowerPoint.
I have friend who asked me the following question. She is going to need to use these symbols on a regular basis, so the most streamlined method would be the most helpful. Any thoughts on accompishing her goal? Thanks! Hi, I need to make the letter c with the _ on top of the c in powerpoint.........help! The c with a line on the top is a medical symbol, meaning "with". I am also going to need an A a P and an S with the lines. Have looked for medical fonts but have yet to find any. "DerbyDad03" <teamarrows@eznet.net> wrote in message news:...

SFO issue #2
Hi, Hate to be pushy bit this is a little urgent. We had this client that we installed a heap of SFO's and synced 100% but one synced without error but no records, this was due to the username in the crm when it was added having (domain).local\(username) not (domain)\(username) anyway once this was changed we synced correctly. BUT when trying to access the offline CRM in SFO via the folders on the left we recieve the error pasted at the bottom of this msg. We have removed and re-input the forms. We have looked through the registry and see nothing 'obvious'. This client h...

"Customize Outlook Today" command inoperable
At the "Outlook Today" page for Outlook 2000, the customizing feature is not operable. When the "Customize Outlook Today" button is pressed, nothing happens and the customizing page does not open. This problem has repeated itself on an installation on another computer, both of which are running Windows XP Home. ...

Customize Toolbar Setup
Hello. I have MS Office Professional 2003. I am attempting to customize the toolbars in Word and Excel. However, the toolbar reverts to the standard buttons after I close the program and reopen it. I have never seen this before. Can someone help. Thanks. Some add-ins prevent Normal.dot from being saved. You can ensure that it is saved by saving it immediately after making your customizations. To do this, press Shift while clicking on the File menu. This will cause it to display "Save All." Click on that and make sure that Normal.dot is saved. You can cancel saving fo...

Thread Synchronization #2
Hi, I have a shared resource, say a file which is to be accessed between multiple threads. There are say 20 Read threads and 1 Write thread. When the Write thread is writing into the file, the Read threads should be blocked, and when even 1 read thread reads, the Write thread should be blocked. The Read threads can read simultaneously, but only say 5 at a time. What kind of synchronization mechanism can I use for this? TIA, Sucharit You can create a mutex a adquire it when a read operation start, check it before start any write operation. You will need another mutex ...

Rejected Mail #2
A user is complaining that our Exchange server is rejecting some email sent to them. They sent me a copy of a bounced message which I attached below. It appears to me that someone or something is putting the email address in parenthesis, which appear as comments to the server. I'm new to Exchange, so I wanted to get another opinion. The user does successfully recieve other mail from that address. Any input appreciated. Bounced Message -------- From: System Administrator Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 11:59 AM To: John Deaux (john_deaux@louisiana.edu) Subject: Undeliverable: RE:...

vlookup on 2 columns
We want to make a vlookup on 2 columns ex;if a :b match with other woorksheet the contents of c:d shall be updated from second c:d explanation a: john b:Doe c;(address) d:(city) the c d shall get filled from other worksheet only when a:is john & b:is Doe Just create a concat helper col & then use that as the new lookup col for your vlookup, eg insert a new, "leftmost" col A, then place in A2, copy down: =IF(COUNTA(A2:B2)<2,"",B2&"#"&C2) (Do likewise for the other sheet) -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- &...

Importing XML in SQL Server 2005 in .Net 2.0
Hello All, I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there any way we can import XML file having schema into database? Neo Hello Neo, N> I tried using bulkupload SQLXML, but it is very unreliable. Is there N> any way we can import XML file having schema into database? What exactly are you trying to do? e.g., load XML into an XML typed column or load XML into one or more tables? Do you already have a schema? Note: Adding to m.p.ss.xml for easier tracking. Thanks! Kent Tegels DevelopMentor http://staff.develop.com/ktegels/ Yes, I have schema. I have also c...

Sum Product Question #2
Can you use sumproduct when the numbers in a column are derived from a formula? In my formula all of the numbers in the M column are the results of formulas. My formula returns a value error. If instead of using the "M" column I used another column with just numbers (no formulas) it works. =SUMPRODUCT(--(C22:C5000=C11),--(I22:I5000=B12),--(M22:M5000)) Is there a way round this? Thanks The formula will work if the formulas really return numbers. But I bet (and it's a guess) that your formula returns text under some condition: =if(x99=0,"",A99/x99) (or something...

Inconsistency between global catalog in root and global catalog in child domains
Hi, I have a very strange problem in my AD. It seems that there is an inconsistence between global catalog in the root domain and global catalog in the child domains. Global catalog on all root domain controllers are identical. Global catalog on all child domain controllers are identical. However (at least) one orphaned object exist in the global catalog on the child DC's, but not in global catalog on the root DC's. The object is not accessible through adsiedit, ldp, etc. and thus we cannot delete it. Does anybody have a good idea on how to get this object deleted. How the inco...

synchronizing #2
I was wondering if anyone knew how to sychronize office XP with two different computers. If you know please let me knows. Thanks ...

Custom toolbar in advanced filter query window
Hi all I've got an Access database that is locked down by giving users access to forms only and each of the forms has a custom toolbar and a very limited menu. The custom toolbar has the Advanced Filter/Query button along with some other filter options for continuous forms. However when users press the Advanced Filter/Query button, and the query window opens, the custom toolbar disappears and they can only see the very limited menu so can hardly do anything. When I open the app with the same user rights as them (done via a security module and data entered into a users ...

Catching global keystrokes
Hello. I need my program to react to some key combination no matter if the program's window is active or not. How can this be done? Depends on the details of the key combinations as to what you have to do, precisely, but a WH_GETMESSAGE hook looking for WM_KEYDOWN, WM_SYSKEYDOWN or WM_CHAR is a start. Note if the key combination is Ctrl+Alt+Del, then it will never be possible. In Vista, you will not be able to get ALL keystrokes unless you are running as administrator. See my essay on hooks on my MVP Tips site. joe On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:42:52 +0300, Vladimir <thamiorsinister@...

Want to Update the Outlook Calender on another machine. #2
Hi, Can anyone help me.I want to update my co-worker Outlook Calender without sharing the NetFolder.Here is the scenario.I have an issue where I have to update the Outlook Calender on another machine all are in LAN connections only.Each User has his own ID with respect to his ID I want to update the Outlook Calender.Can anyone help me please with regards to this.Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Sameer ...

RE: Excel data exported to custom Outlook form
Greetings earthlings, I have an issue that I have been trying to resolve for sometime, I think I will provide the scenario and hope someone has an answer. Here it is. - I have Excel workbook called "users.xls" - I have a worksheet called "location" - I have a cell B10 in the worksheet who's contents I want to be exported to a textbox called "state" in a custom Outlook form called "RFCO" that resides in the personal forms library in Outlook. (this custom form is from an email template) - I then want to be able to email the form. How do I c...

global rule
I have a program that tags the subject line of all emails that it thinks is spam. Instead of delivering that message to the recipient I would like to create a rule to deliver it to one large spam mailbox. Is there a way to do this? I am running exchange 2003. ...

No global address list when trying to send email through excel
In excel, you can send the spreadsheet as an attachment through emai (Outlook). When I try to do this, the global address list on th server doesn't show up, therefore the person I'm trying to send it t doesn't show up. The global address list is available because I ca save the spreadsheet and create a new email and insert it as a attachment...I would like to send the spreadsheet in an email throug excel (File, Send to, mail recipient (as attachment) because it' easier...How do I change the settings to look for the GAL on th server. There was some sort of wizard that walked ...

Suggestion: RMS New Customer Issue
RMS (any version) When the 'Find Customer' form first comes up, the cursor is in the right place and simply typing and hitting <ENTER> brings up a list. If you can find the customer in the list, you can simply select them by using the arrow keys (or mouse) and hit <ENTER> to set the customer for the new transaction. If the customer is not in the database and a new customer is required, RMS falls flat on its face. SUGGESTION: If a New customer is generated at POS, that customer should AT LEAST become the selected customer in the Find Customer form when you click O...

Global Function
I'm using the following code to set the Datasheet Font on a Split Form using AC 2007. Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Me.DatasheetFontName = "Arial" End Sub I would like to use a global function so I might call the same function from all my forms, but I haven't had much luck. I tried the following: Public Function SetDataSheetFont() Dim frm As Form Set frm = Screen.ActiveForm frm.DatasheetFontName = "Arial" End Function I get no errors but nothing happens when calling this in the OnOpen of a form. Any help will be appreciated, Ja...

MSPub breaks up a print to pdf into 2-page segments.
I have a print-merge with sheets 4-up to a page (a set of name badges with source data from an Excel spreadsheet). When I print to a pdf (using Adobe Acrobat/Distiller 6.0) it creates the first one with the first 8 entries on 2 pages, then proceeds to ask for a new pdf name for the next 2 pages of 8 entries, etc. If there were only 8 or 10 badges involved, we could live with it :) But the number is MUCH greater. Does anybody have any idea why this is happening, and if so, how to change its behaviour? My instinct tells me that this its publisher that's causing it and not Acrobat, ...

error #2
i have a inhandled script exception with exception_class_script_out_of_range This would probably be better handled by logging a support case via eSupport. However, to assist you they would need to know the exact message that you were receiving and any details or more info the dialog might provide. They would also need to know what products you have installed (by providing a copy of the DYNAMICS.SET file) and exactly what are the steps to reproduce the error. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions h...

Global Footer Options?
Hi there: Does anyone know if there is a global default option in Excel to ALWAY create footers with the pathname and docname for ALL worksheets? I.E. know there is the solution to create the pathname in eac footer/worksheet, but I want to set this feature as a global defaul for any worksheet I work on. Hope springs eternal : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you can create a new template (*.xlt) file including this option. Place this in your template folder and choose this template for your new workbooks -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi there: > D...

Exchange Hosting for Customers
Dear All, First post and a relative newbie to Exchange... be gentle. I am looking for a solution to host Exchange for a number of customers, i.e. so they can access email, calendar, etc. It would also be great if they could access this info via owa. I would ideally like to host a number of different customers of a single server... Is this possibe? Is so, then how could I go about it? Thanks in advance. Rob Hi Rob, Check out this article, which pretty well explains how to do it: 318635 How to configure e-mail hosting in Exchange 2000 Server http://support.microsoft.com/?id=318635 Let m...