Global Customer Records constantly downloaded with 401

When I run a stye 401 on all of my stores, every time HQ seems to download
customer records. Is this intended?

Each store has two log entries every time 401 is run:

Received 286 new global customer record(s) from HQ.
Updated 286 global customer record(s) in store database.

This happens regardless of whether there is any activity. Also of interest -
I have 354 customers in the database. What is the 286 all about?

0
jason2290 (135)
11/3/2006 3:17:54 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I am experiencing the exact same thing.  Mine is 681 records and counting.
It is definitely not intended.  I can't figure out what the problem is.

Tom
--
Stop fishing for e-mail

"Jason" wrote:

> When I run a stye 401 on all of my stores, every time HQ seems to download
> customer records. Is this intended?
>
> Each store has two log entries every time 401 is run:
>
> Received 286 new global customer record(s) from HQ.
> Updated 286 global customer record(s) in store database.
>

> This happens regardless of whether there is any activity. Also of interest -
> I have 354 customers in the database. What is the 286 all about?

0
tomg2938 (389)

Custom (medical?) fonts for PowerPoint.
I have friend who asked me the following question. She is going to need to use these symbols on a regular basis, so the most streamlined method would be the most helpful. Any thoughts on accompishing her goal? Thanks! Hi, I need to make the letter c with the _ on top of the c in powerpoint.........help! The c with a line on the top is a medical symbol, meaning "with". I am also going to need an A a P and an S with the lines. Have looked for medical fonts but have yet to find any. "DerbyDad03" <teamarrows@eznet.net> wrote in message news:...

"Customize Outlook Today" command inoperable
At the "Outlook Today" page for Outlook 2000, the customizing feature is not operable. When the "Customize Outlook Today" button is pressed, nothing happens and the customizing page does not open. This problem has repeated itself on an installation on another computer, both of which are running Windows XP Home. ...

Customize Toolbar Setup
Hello. I have MS Office Professional 2003. I am attempting to customize the toolbars in Word and Excel. However, the toolbar reverts to the standard buttons after I close the program and reopen it. I have never seen this before. Can someone help. Thanks. Some add-ins prevent Normal.dot from being saved. You can ensure that it is saved by saving it immediately after making your customizations. To do this, press Shift while clicking on the File menu. This will cause it to display "Save All." Click on that and make sure that Normal.dot is saved. You can cancel saving fo...

Inconsistency between global catalog in root and global catalog in child domains
Hi, I have a very strange problem in my AD. It seems that there is an inconsistence between global catalog in the root domain and global catalog in the child domains. Global catalog on all root domain controllers are identical. Global catalog on all child domain controllers are identical. However (at least) one orphaned object exist in the global catalog on the child DC's, but not in global catalog on the root DC's. The object is not accessible through adsiedit, ldp, etc. and thus we cannot delete it. Does anybody have a good idea on how to get this object deleted. How the inco...

Custom toolbar in advanced filter query window
Hi all I've got an Access database that is locked down by giving users access to forms only and each of the forms has a custom toolbar and a very limited menu. The custom toolbar has the Advanced Filter/Query button along with some other filter options for continuous forms. However when users press the Advanced Filter/Query button, and the query window opens, the custom toolbar disappears and they can only see the very limited menu so can hardly do anything. When I open the app with the same user rights as them (done via a security module and data entered into a users ...

Catching global keystrokes
Hello. I need my program to react to some key combination no matter if the program's window is active or not. How can this be done? Depends on the details of the key combinations as to what you have to do, precisely, but a WH_GETMESSAGE hook looking for WM_KEYDOWN, WM_SYSKEYDOWN or WM_CHAR is a start. Note if the key combination is Ctrl+Alt+Del, then it will never be possible. In Vista, you will not be able to get ALL keystrokes unless you are running as administrator. See my essay on hooks on my MVP Tips site. joe On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:42:52 +0300, Vladimir <thamiorsinister@...

using program to record audio comment and compress audio to MP3
I can use VBA to record an audio comment into a Word file using Selection.InlineShapes.AddOLEObject ClassType:="SoundRec", FileName:="", _ LinkToFile:=False, DisplayAsIcon:=True, IconFileName:= _ "C:\WINDOWS\system32\sndrec32.exe", IconIndex:=0, IconLabel:="Wave Sound" BUT but by default the file is stored as a PCM at 44kHz and 16 bit stereo whcih is about 200kB per second Sound recorder (which is used to do the recording) allows me to manually convert this to a MP3 and a much smaller file e.g. 3kB per second Is there any way I can aut...

Deleting Duplicates, All records unique
My column headers are: id, filename, location, and description. All descriptions are unique. My filename column has duplicates. For example, flower010104.jpg is listed twice, with two different descriptions. I want to delete BOTH rows containing flower010104.jpg. So, I want to delete ROWS with duplicate filenames, regardless of the description being unique (which makes the 'record' unique). I have found that I can only filter by 'unique record', but ALL records are unique, due to the description. I need help. How can I do accomplish my task? -- mirdonamy ----------...

No global address list when trying to send email through excel
In excel, you can send the spreadsheet as an attachment through emai (Outlook). When I try to do this, the global address list on th server doesn't show up, therefore the person I'm trying to send it t doesn't show up. The global address list is available because I ca save the spreadsheet and create a new email and insert it as a attachment...I would like to send the spreadsheet in an email throug excel (File, Send to, mail recipient (as attachment) because it' easier...How do I change the settings to look for the GAL on th server. There was some sort of wizard that walked ...

Open and close an account record creates "changes"?
When I open and then close an Account record (in Web Client and Outlook Client of CRM) without changing anything, it still gives me the error "Are you sure you want to navigate from this page? Your changes have not been saved ... etc.." What can be the reason for this? We might have some workflows and/or coding on the Acount entity, but nothing unsupported or anything complicated..? Hi, Most probably you have some JScript on the form which is recalculating some field. If some field have value "100" and using some JScript, you remove that value and then reenter same v...

RE: Excel data exported to custom Outlook form
Greetings earthlings, I have an issue that I have been trying to resolve for sometime, I think I will provide the scenario and hope someone has an answer. Here it is. - I have Excel workbook called "users.xls" - I have a worksheet called "location" - I have a cell B10 in the worksheet who's contents I want to be exported to a textbox called "state" in a custom Outlook form called "RFCO" that resides in the personal forms library in Outlook. (this custom form is from an email template) - I then want to be able to email the form. How do I c...

global rule
I have a program that tags the subject line of all emails that it thinks is spam. Instead of delivering that message to the recipient I would like to create a rule to deliver it to one large spam mailbox. Is there a way to do this? I am running exchange 2003. ...

Suggestion: RMS New Customer Issue
RMS (any version) When the 'Find Customer' form first comes up, the cursor is in the right place and simply typing and hitting <ENTER> brings up a list. If you can find the customer in the list, you can simply select them by using the arrow keys (or mouse) and hit <ENTER> to set the customer for the new transaction. If the customer is not in the database and a new customer is required, RMS falls flat on its face. SUGGESTION: If a New customer is generated at POS, that customer should AT LEAST become the selected customer in the Find Customer form when you click O...

Global Function
I'm using the following code to set the Datasheet Font on a Split Form using AC 2007. Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Me.DatasheetFontName = "Arial" End Sub I would like to use a global function so I might call the same function from all my forms, but I haven't had much luck. I tried the following: Public Function SetDataSheetFont() Dim frm As Form Set frm = Screen.ActiveForm frm.DatasheetFontName = "Arial" End Function I get no errors but nothing happens when calling this in the OnOpen of a form. Any help will be appreciated, Ja...

Global Footer Options?
Hi there: Does anyone know if there is a global default option in Excel to ALWAY create footers with the pathname and docname for ALL worksheets? I.E. know there is the solution to create the pathname in eac footer/worksheet, but I want to set this feature as a global defaul for any worksheet I work on. Hope springs eternal : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you can create a new template (*.xlt) file including this option. Place this in your template folder and choose this template for your new workbooks -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi there: > D...

Creating a button that goes to the next new record
I am fairly new to access and i am trying to build an inventory database that lists all our grounds maintenance equipment. I have all the records typed in but would like a button for adding new equipment as it is purchased. Ideally the button will take me to the next new record rather than an existing one. What is the easiest way of doing this? I am using Access 2003 At the bottom of your form, there are navigation buttons, like this: |< < [ 5] > >| * of 77 records The star button takes you to a new record. If you don't see this, open the form in design view, an...

Exchange Hosting for Customers
Dear All, First post and a relative newbie to Exchange... be gentle. I am looking for a solution to host Exchange for a number of customers, i.e. so they can access email, calendar, etc. It would also be great if they could access this info via owa. I would ideally like to host a number of different customers of a single server... Is this possibe? Is so, then how could I go about it? Thanks in advance. Rob Hi Rob, Check out this article, which pretty well explains how to do it: 318635 How to configure e-mail hosting in Exchange 2000 Server http://support.microsoft.com/?id=318635 Let m...

Customer Source
So now what has happened to Customer Source. Tried to login but am getting something about email address. Something MS has had since 1996! Actually, it wasn't MS back in 1996... Clint "noyb" <noyb@anoynomous.ca> wrote in message news:%239WSBB00GHA.4976@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > So now what has happened to Customer Source. Tried to login but am getting > something about email address. Something MS has had since 1996! As you probably realize, computer systems have issues, no matter how long they have been up and running. Unfortunately, yesterday seemed to be ...

global object dependent on CWinApp global object
hi I have a global object which depends on the CWinApp global object i.e. it assumes that the CWinApp global object is created. After migrating to VS 2005, my global object is getting created before the CWinApp global object. Is there any way I can force the CWinApp object to be created first? I know one of the solution is to avoid a global object and wrap it in a fuction, however a lot of files use this object directly, so I am trying to figure out if there is another way. Regards Chimanrao Chimanrao wrote: > hi > > I have a global object which depends on the CWinApp global...

Cannot Connect for Download
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to connect to Microsoft for the latest Office 2008 download (I think it is 12.1.2) and every time I either use the AutoUpdate, or try to connect directly via the Mactopia site, I get a message that the url cannot be found, or the server is busy (this has gone of for 4 days now). The download DID work for my Power PC Mac update; what is wrong? re cannot connect for dowload me too, same server connection problem with all microsoft updates via microsoft download centre. Experiencing same error with flip for m...

Custom Forms #2
Hi, I'm wondering is it possible to have mail in a public folder be converted a form in Exchange 2003? (e.g., any reply/forward/double click/right click). Or new mail composed in that folder be converted to forms? If so what tools do I need to consider? Regards, Norman Zhang ...

Date formats, culture and globalization
Hi, ASP.NET 3.5 We are creating a 3-tier ASP.NET Web Application that needs just to understand dates as UK shortdate format (dd/MM/yyyy). It will only be used in the UK on intranet. I often come across web server and client machine that are incorrectly set up so I want to protect the app from these incorrectly set up hosts. I understand the safe date formats for passing through to the database. SQLParameters pass through a non-ambiguous format and also that 'yyyyMMdd' is also a safe format. So ignore the database side of things - I get that. At the moment all the bou...

Custom 2 axis chart saved as template fails to load
I created a custom chart by selecting 3 columns of data and charting it with the Stock -> Hi-Lo-Close. Then I added a 4th series and plotted that on the secondary axis. I saved the result as a template, but when I now select 4 columns of data and try to plot it on my custom template, I get: Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart type. Does anyone know what I could do to get this template to work? I tried loading 3 columns and got the same message. Thanks. ...

Customizing Activities view
Hello, I want to customize the activities views that you can see in the account or contacts. But I don't know where I can do this. I can customize all others views but not this concerning the activities. Where is the problem? Can someone help me? Gilles Activities views and forms are not customizable in CRM 1.2 []'s Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo "Gilles Gandini" <gandini@swissonline.ch> escreveu na mensagem news:cak7om$gdm$1@atlas.ip-plus.net... > Hello, > > I want to customize the activities views that you can see in the account or > contacts. > ...

Help me customize my new laptop so Excel is faster
I am getting a new laptop, and I cannot decide if I should spend th extra money and get 1 Gig of Ram as opposed to the standard 512. One reason I am getting a new laptop is because Excel runs too slow o my current laptop when I am working in extremly large workbook (20-60K+ Rows, dozens of columns). I am assuming the faster processor will help, and the increase of ra is nice too, but should I go with 1 gig instead? Seems like overkil for Excel, but will a make a huge difference overall -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com IMHO 512 should be plenty unless you have a bunch of p...