Gift Card/Voucher and Reports

Gift Card and Voucher should not be part of the total sales report, it is
very confusing and having to manually deduct them for total sale is a pain
because they show up both as item sold and when they are redeemed.

Natt
it@simonajewelry.com
0
Natt (22)
4/1/2005 10:35:03 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I agree---the voucher cannot be counted as sales twice but that is exactly
what the system is showing.  You get credit for when it is purchased and
credit for when it is redeemed so you would pay taxes on money you never
received if it wasn't caught.  Maybe an accountant should have been involved
with this part of the software.

"Natt" wrote:

> Gift Card and Voucher should not be part of the total sales report, it is
> very confusing and having to manually deduct them for total sale is a pain
> because they show up both as item sold and when they are redeemed.
>
> Natt
> it@simonajewelry.com
0
mark564 (750)
6/14/2005 3:52:04 PM
Well taxes should not be over paid, using the sales tax reports, because when
you sell a gift card you don't charge tax.
However the issue of doubling sales figures does seem to exist.
Brian

"Mark" wrote:

> I agree---the voucher cannot be counted as sales twice but that is exactly
> what the system is showing.  You get credit for when it is purchased and
> credit for when it is redeemed so you would pay taxes on money you never
> received if it wasn't caught.  Maybe an accountant should have been involved
> with this part of the software.
>
> "Natt" wrote:
>
> > Gift Card and Voucher should not be part of the total sales report, it is
> > very confusing and having to manually deduct them for total sale is a pain
> > because they show up both as item sold and when they are redeemed.
> >
> > Natt
> > it@simonajewelry.com
0
BrianTMS (18)
8/4/2006 5:33:03 PM
You agreed that it is doubling sales figures.  What is the fix?

"Brian TMS" wrote:

> Well taxes should not be over paid, using the sales tax reports, because when
> you sell a gift card you don't charge tax.
> However the issue of doubling sales figures does seem to exist.
> Brian
>

> "Mark" wrote:
>
> > I agree---the voucher cannot be counted as sales twice but that is exactly
> > what the system is showing.  You get credit for when it is purchased and
> > credit for when it is redeemed so you would pay taxes on money you never
> > received if it wasn't caught.  Maybe an accountant should have been involved
> > with this part of the software.
> >
> > "Natt" wrote:
> >
> > > Gift Card and Voucher should not be part of the total sales report, it is
> > > very confusing and having to manually deduct them for total sale is a pain
> > > because they show up both as item sold and when they are redeemed.
> > >
> > > Natt
> > > it@simonajewelry.com
0
PJC (3)
4/16/2007 11:02:08 PM
I also would like to see this fixed. We've been struggling with this nuisance
for years!! Please fix it soon!!!!

"PJC" wrote:

> You agreed that it is doubling sales figures.  What is the fix?
>
> "Brian TMS" wrote:
>
> > Well taxes should not be over paid, using the sales tax reports, because when
> > you sell a gift card you don't charge tax.
> > However the issue of doubling sales figures does seem to exist.
> > Brian
> >

> > "Mark" wrote:
> >
> > > I agree---the voucher cannot be counted as sales twice but that is exactly
> > > what the system is showing.  You get credit for when it is purchased and
> > > credit for when it is redeemed so you would pay taxes on money you never
> > > received if it wasn't caught.  Maybe an accountant should have been involved
> > > with this part of the software.

0
Al1 (451)
5/14/2007 5:39:00 AM
If anyone determines the solution, please email me at correenie@gmail.com

"Natt" wrote:

> Gift Card and Voucher should not be part of the total sales report, it is
> very confusing and having to manually deduct them for total sale is a pain
> because they show up both as item sold and when they are redeemed.
>
> Natt
> it@simonajewelry.com
0
Correenie (1)
5/23/2007 4:27:02 PM
A workaround is to not only make the gift certificate non taxable, but also
assign your gift certificate voucher item to a department called 'VOUCHERS'
or something ilke that; then when you run your sales reports exclude the
VOUCHER department from that sales report.

"Correenie" wrote:

> If anyone determines the solution, please email me at correenie@gmail.com
>

> "Natt" wrote:
>
> > Gift Card and Voucher should not be part of the total sales report, it is
> > very confusing and having to manually deduct them for total sale is a pain
> > because they show up both as item sold and when they are redeemed.
> >
> > Natt
> > it@simonajewelry.com
0
convoluted (621)

Credit Card Settle Error (EDC)
Can anyone help with this problem: =Retail store settled EDC Credit Cards, Has some cards that did not settle, RMS barks and says, that X amount of CC transactions didnt settle, 1. How do i settle these transactions? 2. How do i prevent this from happening? Thanks, Joseph service@compuprosusa.com Please respond here and and send me an email, thanks. We had this problem. Twice. Two possibilities. First, you accepted a card that you're not set up to take, maybe AmEx or Discover. Second, before authorization was sent, you maybe inadvertently typed a key within the credit card nu...

CRM and IE keep shutting down with "send error report" error
This is I believe an IE problem more than CRM but it happens mostly only in CRM and happens 20-30 times a day to the point of complete frustration. I have a CRM client that actually pinned this down to a recent security patch about 4 weeks ago (early August 2006). Anyone know if MS has a solution? -- Thanks, Brian There is a hotfix at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms06-042.mspx Regards, Chris "Brian Hall" <BrianHall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9CE5A89-59A3-4893-9CA9-4D3F520E700E@microsoft.com... > This is I believe an I...

Gift Receipt
Is there a way to program a keyboard shortcut button at the bottom of POS screen to print a gift receipt when needed? Well, first you have to cerate a Gift Receipt template. Then you need to have a way of separating it from the 'normal' receipt. One way to do this is by configuring 2 POS Printers in SO Manager. If you have your gift receipt directed to printer 2, I believe that when you use "F11 - Reprint" RMS will display a dialog asking you which printer to use. You may have to experiment a little - I had something like this set up and working, but it was sever...

can publisher increase gift certificate numbers
Is it possible when using Publisher 2003 to create gift certificates, to have the number on the gift certificate automatically increase by 1? Thanks Chris Sure can. Check out the following link: http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "chris turner" <chris turner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1D3E690-6F0E-4090-9DEB-967FC5C48D11@microsoft.com... > Is it possible whe...

Problem in doing 2 Givex Gift Cards on same Transaction
We had a customer to uses two Givex Gift Cards on the same transaction in RMS. The RMS will all the cashier to take two cards, but the receipt only show the 1st on the receipt, but it show in POS. Has anyone else encounter this issue before? Ed Ed, My guess would be that the receipt format that you use doesn't allow for printing multiple Givex cards on the same transaction. As I remember, you have to use a special Givex supplied receipt template, contact them for more info. -- Jeff Check Point Software ===================================================== You must be using Ou...

Reporting Total Time in dd:hh:nn:ss
I have four fields in my table. TotalSessionTime TotalProcessTime TotalPrepTime TotalWrapTime These fields get populated with an afterupdate command on a form that calculates the time between different fields. However, it my report I would like to have a total rum of these times. It appears that if it is over 24 hours, I get some wierd looking number that I don't understand. Is thier any way to report our the totals in Time by dd:hh:nn or even just hh:nn? Thanks - All the fields are Date/Time The main part of the problem is that you are storing durations of time 8 hours and 10 minut...

Updating Credit Card Information
I have been trying counless times to update my credit card information from several Banks, but Money states that the system is unaavaible or the transaction cannot be completed at this time. What can I do to correct this problem. On 2005-03-23, Lou <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have been trying counless times to update my credit card information from > several Banks, but Money states that the system is unaavaible or the > transaction cannot be completed at this time. What can I do to correct this > problem. Well it depends on how long you've been tr...

Excel Merging Two Reports
I am currently working on a project as part of an internship with m employer. The director or marketing wants me to combine two exce files, one being a cost sheet, the other being a revenue sheet. Th cost sheet and the revenue sheet both have like fields but differen values. Here is a very simple example: Sheet One: Two Columns Item Value Stroller 4 Baby 1 Sheet Two: Two Columns Item Value Stroller 7 Baby 9 I need to make the end result look similar to this: Three Columns Item Value (from cost) Value (from revenue) Baby ...

Need Report to Show Items that have no associated Supplier
We just ran a Top Suppliers report. Much to our surprise, our third top Supplier was blank. No Name. This No-Name supplier managed to account for 263 items, so we still have a few holes to plug. We have THOUSANDS of SKUS, so a manual search is out of the question. Is there a report out there that will do this? Thanks Bud run this query ****************** SELECT Itemlookupcode,Description FROM Item LEFT JOIN Supplier ON Item.SupplierID=Supplier.ID where Supplier.ID is null ******************* "Bud Izen" <BudIzen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C1B3442-...

Calculations In Report
Hi there, I'm struggling to find information on how to use VBA to iterate over the data in a report to perform calculations on the data. My issue is that i need to perform calucations row by row that use the Sum of a column. At the time that it tries to execute the row's calculation, it cannot know what the sum of this column is going to be. Due to this, i would prefer to perform the calculations post-load of the report by using VBA. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. <rohan.berry@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1181616570.778163.171990@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com....

Sales figures not showing up in report
My Uncle uses MS Money to run his drug store. He called this morning and told me that he kept getting this question; "Do you want to include sales figures". He accidently said no and now only expenses are showing up in his balance sheets. Can someone help us? Thanks! What version of MS Money is your uncle using? Sales revenue does not show up on a balance sheet -- only assets and liabilities. Can you point to the specific report he is trying to run? Bill "Bamaspride" wrote: > My Uncle uses MS Money to run his drug store. He called this morning and > t...

Fixed Allocation Reporting
Is there any way to get a report of what was posted from a fixed allocation for the month? Thanks, Cindy ...

Setting up a Gift Registry
Still new and have had good success so far (this group has been awesome).....\ I would like to set up a gift registry so a person could setup certain items that someone could purchase for them and manage the items to avoid duplicates etc.... Anyone know if that ability exists or am I writing an application to accommodate this? Kurt, Try setting up a quote, add the items and person's name. Recall the quote and delete the item purchased from the list. -- = "Kurt Geiger" <kgeiger@neo.rr.com> wrote in message news:%23zbsFnvjEHA.704@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Still ...

Home Depot Credit Card
I'm using Microsoft Money Essentials version 17.0.080.1415. I can not complete online setup for a Home Depot credit card. After 90 minutes on the phone with Microsoft they told me they would investigate it. Any ideas? ...

Report Image Control
Database created using Access XP and in 2000 format. Have report that loads an image from a separate folder and is dependent upon the value of a field in the report (i. e. the image changes with each record contained in the report). VBA code for image loading is in the On Format of the Report Header (where image resides). Am not sure when this happened but the image no longer appears in the report screen display but does when report is printed to pdf. A message appears when the report is first loaded (very brief) and indicates image is loading but then image is not visible on...

Credit Card Convenience fee or surcharge
Hello there, We have a typical situation while selling merchandise on commission basis. I would like to give my customers opportunity to pay for the merchandise using credit card but charge them a "convenience fee" similar to what is charged by government agencies and utilities companies when you make payment by credit card. Is there a way RMS can calculate the fees automatically for the items of a certain department purchased when a customer wants to pay by CC. Any suggestions how this can be accomplished? This can be a flat fee based on slabs like upto $50, next upto...

Gift card solution
The best gift card solution is to use the refillable Visa/Mastercards. Free solution for Bradley. From Nanogy ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=d7b2980e-eb16-...

Double counting credit card payment -- TRANSFER
My AMEX bill came in. It defaults to WITHDRAWAL on MONEY. I change the tab to TRANSFER and the software gives me a NEW TRANSACTION. Why can I not mark the AMEX credit card payment as a TRANSFER vs. WITHDRAWAL. Entering it as the latter double counts my expenses. Thank you in advance. Dan In microsoft.public.money, Dan M wrote: >My AMEX bill came in. It defaults to WITHDRAWAL on >MONEY. I change the tab to TRANSFER and the software >gives me a NEW TRANSACTION. Why can I not mark the AMEX >credit card payment as a TRANSFER vs. WITHDRAWAL. >Entering it as the l...

Difference from previous week
Hi, I have a report grouped into weeks, and a total amount. I would also like to show the difference between that day's amount and the amount from 7 days ago, basically to see how much the total has increased or decreased. I've tried making the control of a textbox [total] - dlookup("total","table","total - 7") but all I get then is '0'. Thanks in advance! On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 05:12:01 -0800, s4 <s4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I have a report grouped into weeks, and a total amount. >I would also like to show the diffe...

gift
Investment Forums - Stock Market Investing Discussion > Derivatives > Options - misc.invest.options Easiest way to make money at home!! User Name Remember Me? Password Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search Info Investments, Stock, and Real Estate Travel Info Legal Information Financial options on stocks and futures. Stock Market Investing - Archives Investments, Stock, and Real Estate Travel Information Legal Information Stock Market Investing Site Navigation Stocks Funds and Financial Planning Derivatives Real Estate and other Investments Stocks & Sto...

wild card with if logical function
hi members, i need help on how to use wild cards(*/?) with if logical function is it possible to use with if logical function if yes please just tell me how to use wild cards dont tell me alternative functions. -- b166er ------------------------------------------------------------------------ b166er's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34912 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=547344 Hi! >wild cards...is it possible to use with if logical function No, not directly. They would have to be used in nested function...

Gift Registry?
Does anyone use a RMS integrated gift registry? I am currently using RMS 2.0 with Nitrosell as my web integration. I bought into Marcole's registry system and it is "ok" but I'm having some annoying problems and it is turing out to take way too much of my time and money. Does anyone else use a gift registry system? Okay, replying to my own post... Has anyone used RMSCart? Molly "Molly" wrote: > Does anyone use a RMS integrated gift registry? I am currently using RMS 2.0 > with Nitrosell as my web integration. I bought into Marcole's registry...

Smart Card
Hi, when I use Smart Card login with the Certificat template "Smart card login" I recieve a login screen when I open Outlook 2002 connecting to a Exch 2003 server. Why is that? ...

credit card slip
Is there any way to have the printer cut the receipt between the two receipts. Right now it prints two receipt together and then cuts at the end. Then I have to tear my copy and give the other to the customer. Sometime it tears very bad and have to use tape. It doesn't look good. Any suggestions. Thanks What type of printer are you using? Usually this can be configured, my printer an epson tr88iii cuts the paper both times. Not sure if it's your printer, or the config? -- Thank You Vince :) "juzar" wrote: > Is there any way to have the printer cut the receipt ...

Date Query to create a report
I am a flight instructor with a flightschool in California. I am trying to set up a database for the school to help track when our instructors need to recieve a new medical exam, flight review and annual proficency checks. All of these checks need to be done in a certain number of Calander months. For instance an instructor does their inital proficency check on May 1, 2009. He is required to have his next flight check no later than May 31, 2010. Is there a formula that I can use to request records a certain number of months in the future as the acctual day of that month does...