ghost items

When we setup RMS we used a suppliers disk to import all their items.
Recently, I used a query to delete all items that were never sold or
recieved, so that I would have a more manageable item list, as there were
about 16000 items that we were never going to use. Now I'm running into some
instances where an ILC can't be used on a new item because the system says
it's already being used. When I try to pull up that item in the Item list
nothings there.  However, if I  create a PO and enter the ILC in quickscan,
it will put in an item that has no info at all, no description, or reorder
number. The cost fields are there, they just are $0. Does anyone have an
idea what may have happened, and if there is a way to fix it? Thanks.
Craig

0
craig6967 (916)
5/10/2006 5:08:13 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try running a query against the Alias table and see if there are any
orphaned records in there.

Rob

"Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message
> When we setup RMS we used a suppliers disk to import all their items.
> Recently, I used a query to delete all items that were never sold or
> recieved, so that I would have a more manageable item list, as there were
> about 16000 items that we were never going to use. Now I'm running into
> some instances where an ILC can't be used on a new item because the system
> says it's already being used. When I try to pull up that item in the Item
> list nothings there.  However, if I  create a PO and enter the ILC in
> quickscan, it will put in an item that has no info at all, no description,
> or reorder number. The cost fields are there, they just are $0. Does
> anyone have an idea what may have happened, and if there is a way to fix
> it? Thanks.
> Craig

0
Rob
5/10/2006 5:22:11 PM
Could you please talk me through that, as I really don't know much about
SQL. Thanks
Craig
"Rob" <roba@2020its.com> wrote in message
> Try running a query against the Alias table and see if there are any
> orphaned records in there.
>
> Rob
>
> "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message
>> When we setup RMS we used a suppliers disk to import all their items.
>> Recently, I used a query to delete all items that were never sold or
>> recieved, so that I would have a more manageable item list, as there were
>> about 16000 items that we were never going to use. Now I'm running into
>> some instances where an ILC can't be used on a new item because the
>> system says it's already being used. When I try to pull up that item in
>> the Item list nothings there.  However, if I  create a PO and enter the
>> ILC in quickscan, it will put in an item that has no info at all, no
>> description, or reorder number. The cost fields are there, they just are
>> $0. Does anyone have an idea what may have happened, and if there is a
>> way to fix it? Thanks.
>> Craig

0
craig6967 (916)
5/10/2006 5:30:16 PM
SELECT a.* FROM
Alias a LEFT JOIN Item i on a.ItemID = i.ID
WHERE i.ID is NULL

Before you start looking for Aliases, you might want to just go into SO
Administrator and use Database/Reindex

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Craig wrote:
> Could you please talk me through that, as I really don't know much about
> SQL. Thanks
> Craig
> "Rob" <roba@2020its.com> wrote in message
>> Try running a query against the Alias table and see if there are any
>> orphaned records in there.
>>
>> Rob
>>
>> "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message
>>> When we setup RMS we used a suppliers disk to import all their items.
>>> Recently, I used a query to delete all items that were never sold or
>>> recieved, so that I would have a more manageable item list, as there were
>>> about 16000 items that we were never going to use. Now I'm running into
>>> some instances where an ILC can't be used on a new item because the
>>> system says it's already being used. When I try to pull up that item in
>>> the Item list nothings there.  However, if I  create a PO and enter the
>>> ILC in quickscan, it will put in an item that has no info at all, no
>>> description, or reorder number. The cost fields are there, they just are
>>> $0. Does anyone have an idea what may have happened, and if there is a
>>> way to fix it? Thanks.
>>> Craig

0
glenn9672 (1267)
5/10/2006 8:54:31 PM
Thanks Glenn, I had already Reindexed. I ran the query and recieved a list
of hundreds of Alias's. What's the next step? Thanks for your help.
Craig
"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com> wrote in
message news:uh4dvPHdGHA.1792@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> SELECT a.* FROM
> Alias a LEFT JOIN Item i on a.ItemID = i.ID
> WHERE i.ID is NULL
>

> Before you start looking for Aliases, you might want to just go into SO
> Administrator and use Database/Reindex
>

> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>

> Craig wrote:
>> Could you please talk me through that, as I really don't know much about
>> SQL. Thanks
>> Craig
>> "Rob" <roba@2020its.com> wrote in message
>>> Try running a query against the Alias table and see if there are any
>>> orphaned records in there.
>>>
>>> Rob
>>>
>>> "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message

0
craig6967 (916)
5/11/2006 12:39:52 AM
Can anyone help me with the query I need to delete these orpaned aliases?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Craig
> Thanks Glenn, I had already Reindexed. I ran the query and recieved a list
> of hundreds of Alias's. What's the next step? Thanks for your help.
> Craig
> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com> wrote in
> message news:uh4dvPHdGHA.1792@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> SELECT a.* FROM
>> Alias a LEFT JOIN Item i on a.ItemID = i.ID
>> WHERE i.ID is NULL
>>

>> Before you start looking for Aliases, you might want to just go into SO
>> Administrator and use Database/Reindex
>>

>> Glenn Adams
>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>>

>> Craig wrote:
>>> Could you please talk me through that, as I really don't know much about
>>> SQL. Thanks
>>> Craig
>>> "Rob" <roba@2020its.com> wrote in message

0
craig6967 (916)
5/11/2006 4:46:43 PM
Craig,

Make a backup, then change the query to;

DELETE a.* FROM
Alias a LEFT JOIN Item i on a.ItemID = i.ID
WHERE i.ID is NULL

Haven't tried it, but it looks right.  That's why I said to backup first!!
--
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

Can anyone help me with the query I need to delete these orpaned aliases?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Craig
"Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Glenn, I had already Reindexed. I ran the query and recieved a list
> of hundreds of Alias's. What's the next step? Thanks for your help.
> Craig
> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com> wrote in
> message news:uh4dvPHdGHA.1792@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> SELECT a.* FROM
>> Alias a LEFT JOIN Item i on a.ItemID = i.ID
>> WHERE i.ID is NULL
>>

>> Before you start looking for Aliases, you might want to just go into SO
>> Administrator and use Database/Reindex
>>

>> Glenn Adams
>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>>

>> Craig wrote:
>>> Could you please talk me through that, as I really don't know much about
>>> SQL. Thanks
>>> Craig
>>> "Rob" <roba@2020its.com> wrote in message

0
spam3944 (2163)
5/11/2006 5:20:21 PM
Thanks Jeff, getting an (Incorrect syntax near "*") error message
Craig
"Jeff" <spam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Craig,
>
> Make a backup, then change the query to;
>
> DELETE a.* FROM
> Alias a LEFT JOIN Item i on a.ItemID = i.ID
> WHERE i.ID is NULL
>
> Haven't tried it, but it looks right.  That's why I said to backup first!!
> --
> *
>
> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader
> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader,
> follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
> **********
>
> "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone help me with the query I need to delete these orpaned aliases?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Craig
> "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks Glenn, I had already Reindexed. I ran the query and recieved a
>> list
>> of hundreds of Alias's. What's the next step? Thanks for your help.
>> Craig
>> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com> wrote in
>> message news:uh4dvPHdGHA.1792@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>> SELECT a.* FROM
>>> Alias a LEFT JOIN Item i on a.ItemID = i.ID
>>> WHERE i.ID is NULL
>>>

>>> Before you start looking for Aliases, you might want to just go into SO
>>> Administrator and use Database/Reindex
>>>

>>> Glenn Adams
>>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>>> newsgroup so that all can share the information.

0
craig6967 (916)
5/11/2006 5:42:17 PM
Jeff,
I do the same query with SELECT instead of DELETE and it brings up the
orphaned alias's
Craig
"Jeff" <spam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Craig,
>
> Make a backup, then change the query to;
>
> DELETE a.* FROM
> Alias a LEFT JOIN Item i on a.ItemID = i.ID
> WHERE i.ID is NULL
>
> Haven't tried it, but it looks right.  That's why I said to backup first!!
> --
> *
>
> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader
> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader,
> follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
> **********
>
> "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone help me with the query I need to delete these orpaned aliases?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Craig
> "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks Glenn, I had already Reindexed. I ran the query and recieved a
>> list
>> of hundreds of Alias's. What's the next step? Thanks for your help.
>> Craig
>> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com> wrote in
>> message news:uh4dvPHdGHA.1792@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>> SELECT a.* FROM
>>> Alias a LEFT JOIN Item i on a.ItemID = i.ID
>>> WHERE i.ID is NULL
>>>

>>> Before you start looking for Aliases, you might want to just go into SO
>>> Administrator and use Database/Reindex
>>>

>>> Glenn Adams
>>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>>> newsgroup so that all can share the information.

0
craig6967 (916)
5/11/2006 5:43:47 PM
I have a test sysytem that I ran this query on, DELETE Alias FROM alias
WHERE ID BETWEEN '171' AND '20358' . The ID is what returned on the query
searching for orphans. That worked in getting rid of the orphaned aliases,
but also got rid of some valid Aliases, that I'm assuming were scattered
throughout the ID range. How would I stop it from deleting the valid
Aliases, while still deleting the orphaned ones? Thanks,
Craig
> Jeff,
> I do the same query with SELECT instead of DELETE and it brings up the
> orphaned alias's
> Craig
> "Jeff" <spam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Craig,
>>
>> Make a backup, then change the query to;
>>
>> DELETE a.* FROM
>> Alias a LEFT JOIN Item i on a.ItemID = i.ID
>> WHERE i.ID is NULL
>>
>> Haven't tried it, but it looks right.  That's why I said to backup
>> first!!
>> --
>> *
>>
>> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader
>> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader,
>> follow
>> the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"
>> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>>
>> **********
>>
>> "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message
>> Can anyone help me with the query I need to delete these orpaned aliases?
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>> Craig
>> "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks Glenn, I had already Reindexed. I ran the query and recieved a
>>> list
>>> of hundreds of Alias's. What's the next step? Thanks for your help.
>>> Craig
>>> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com> wrote in
>>> message news:uh4dvPHdGHA.1792@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...

0
craig6967 (916)
5/11/2006 6:53:14 PM
Hi Craig - restore your test DB back to the way it was before you deleted
these IDs, then try this:

DELETE FROM Alias WHERE ID IN (
SELECT Alias.ID FROM
Alias LEFT JOIN Item ON Alias.ItemID = Item.ID
WHERE Item.ID is NULL)

As stated by the others, always make sure you make a backup of your data
before running this sql statement

hth
kevin

"Craig" wrote:

> I have a test sysytem that I ran this query on, DELETE Alias FROM alias
> WHERE ID BETWEEN '171' AND '20358' . The ID is what returned on the query
> searching for orphans. That worked in getting rid of the orphaned aliases,
> but also got rid of some valid Aliases, that I'm assuming were scattered
> throughout the ID range. How would I stop it from deleting the valid
> Aliases, while still deleting the orphaned ones? Thanks,
> Craig
> "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message
> > Jeff,
> > I do the same query with SELECT instead of DELETE and it brings up the
> > orphaned alias's
> > Craig
> > "Jeff" <spam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Craig,
> >>
> >> Make a backup, then change the query to;
> >>
> >> DELETE a.* FROM
> >> Alias a LEFT JOIN Item i on a.ItemID = i.ID
> >> WHERE i.ID is NULL
> >>
> >> Haven't tried it, but it looks right.  That's why I said to backup
> >> first!!
> >> --
> >> *
> >> Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
> >>
> >> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader
> >> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader,
> >> follow
> >> the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"
> >> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
> >>
> >> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
> >>
> >> **********
> >>
> >> "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message
> >> Can anyone help me with the query I need to delete these orpaned aliases?
> >> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >> Craig
> >> "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message

Thanks for the help Kevin. I haven't had a chance to run it yet, but as soon
as I do I'll let you know how it worked.
Craig
"kskinne" <kskinnerNOSPAM@win-4-u.com> wrote in message
> Hi Craig - restore your test DB back to the way it was before you deleted
> these IDs, then try this:
>
> DELETE FROM Alias WHERE ID IN (
> SELECT Alias.ID FROM
> Alias LEFT JOIN Item ON Alias.ItemID = Item.ID
> WHERE Item.ID is NULL)
>
> As stated by the others, always make sure you make a backup of your data
> before running this sql statement
>
> hth
> kevin
>
> "Craig" wrote:
>
>> I have a test sysytem that I ran this query on, DELETE Alias FROM alias
>> WHERE ID BETWEEN '171' AND '20358' . The ID is what returned on the query
>> searching for orphans. That worked in getting rid of the orphaned
>> aliases,
>> but also got rid of some valid Aliases, that I'm assuming were scattered
>> throughout the ID range. How would I stop it from deleting the valid
>> Aliases, while still deleting the orphaned ones? Thanks,
>> Craig
>> "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message
>> > Jeff,
>> > I do the same query with SELECT instead of DELETE and it brings up the
>> > orphaned alias's
>> > Craig
>> > "Jeff" <spam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
craig6967 (916)
5/12/2006 4:51:31 PM
Kevin,
Just ran the query and it seems to have worked perfectly. Thanks again,
Craig
> Thanks for the help Kevin. I haven't had a chance to run it yet, but as
> soon as I do I'll let you know how it worked.
> Craig
> "kskinne" <kskinnerNOSPAM@win-4-u.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Craig - restore your test DB back to the way it was before you deleted
>> these IDs, then try this:
>>
>> DELETE FROM Alias WHERE ID IN (
>> SELECT Alias.ID FROM
>> Alias LEFT JOIN Item ON Alias.ItemID = Item.ID
>> WHERE Item.ID is NULL)
>>
>> As stated by the others, always make sure you make a backup of your data
>> before running this sql statement
>>
>> hth
>> kevin
>>
>> "Craig" wrote:
>>
>>> I have a test sysytem that I ran this query on, DELETE Alias FROM alias
>>> WHERE ID BETWEEN '171' AND '20358' . The ID is what returned on the
>>> query
>>> searching for orphans. That worked in getting rid of the orphaned
>>> aliases,
>>> but also got rid of some valid Aliases, that I'm assuming were scattered
>>> throughout the ID range. How would I stop it from deleting the valid
>>> Aliases, while still deleting the orphaned ones? Thanks,
>>> Craig
>>> "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message

0
craig6967 (916)

Deleted items not coming off PO
Hi A customer created a PO with items which she then deleted (not really an ideal way of doing things I know) but then there are some details left in the PO tables which distort reports. Has anyone came across this and is there a fix? Thanks Gareth hi Gaz, The itemID is the key in any table, I know there is no bussiness rule in RMS when you delete the item it warns you to not atleast allow you if the item is already in trasnaction. as far as you bring the PO entry window it may come or not the links has been broken , however even you create the same item again it will not solve the iss...

Sale items
I would like to make all items that are on sale "not-discountable" without having to open each item to mark the "not-discountable" box. Does someone have a query for that? Also, then after the sale, I'd like to run a query to turn off the "not-discountable" option. The only catch here is that I have some items that are always "not-discountable", so I'd want to make sure they don't get messed with. Any ideas? -- Kris You could set a flag in one of the unused fields to identify your 'always non-discountable' items. For examp...

Ghosted attachments with Windows 98
How do I change settings to be able to open attachments. The attachments appear to be ghosted. Hit forward, then open or save the attachment and close the message. It's a new security feature to prevent accidental opening of viruses, either by yourself or scripting. you can disable it in tools | options | security, but I think the extra effort to hit forward is safer and well worth the extra click. For more information, see http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - ...

Archiving Outlook 2003 Calendar Items
I am having problems archiving my Outlook 2003 Calendar items -- my calendar folder is now 64 Mb and I need to shrink it. Any advice on how to get this working? Please describe the problems you are having. What exactly have you done and why do you think it did not work? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "jsquires30143" <jsquires30143@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Item get repeated in Inventory Transfer
Dear All, When I do Inventory Transfer from HQ (WS 330) the item get repeated in the store, it happens with some items only. Any help please. -- Ibrahim Zubair check your databases on these items. Everytime I've seen this, and similar problems, you have database problems! Duplicates, different item numbers in different stores, etc. The table, called ItemDynamic, keeps tabs on this stuff and if it is wrong, well... -- -Jerry JR Data Inc. jerry@jrdata.us "Ibrahim Zubair" wrote: > Dear All, > > When I do Inventory Transfer from HQ (WS 330) the...

Ghosts?
Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? It jumps up and down, but I see it with WinMail in 7. xp.basics is even worse. "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? Yes. 25 at the moment, with hacked WM in Win 7....

Rules and moving items
I'm using Outlook 2002 and have several email accounts. I have setup a rule to move a copy of items I send through a specific account to a different folder. It works except that it leaves a copy in Sent Items. Is there are way to get it to actually move the item instead of just copying it or to setup an additional rule to go back and delete it from Sent Items as I don't want two copies hanging around? Thanks. Tony <TPR990003@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there are way to get it to actually move the item instead of just > copying it or to setup an additional rule to go...

Cannot Empty Deleted Items Folder
Suddenly I cannot empty the deleted items folder. Windows Mail works well otherwise. Temporary solution was to move all the mail to my SpamFighter folder which was quite happy to delete it. Any ideas as to how to get the normal empty delete items command to work again please? How to Remove a Stuck Undeletable Message in Windows Mail http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html WMUtil http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/Default.aspx -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Alan C" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in m...

Changing from Balance Forward customer to Open Item
Recently one of our affiliates imported their customers from their old accounting system. Unfortunately, the balance type flag was set to balance forward rather than open item. This was not discovered until significant activity had been keyed so they don't want to re-load and re-do several weeks' work. Is there any way to change a customer, with posted activity, to open item? Thanks Steve In the RM_Customer_MSTR table: RM00101 Balance Type: Integer. Field values: 0. Open Item 1. Balance Forward In SBM, this field is always set to a value of 1. This field is...

"Ghost" folders that aren't really ghosts
Upgraded my laptop from Win2K to XP, Office 2K to 2003 - all at once. Previous Outlook install included two profiles - one for online, one for remote. Both profiles use the same 3 PST files. Problem is - in one profile I have three "ghost" folders that aren't normal ghosts. They show up between my primary storage file and my other .PSTs - with no names and no properties that I can see. When I try to open, show properties, delete (in short, do anything) with one of these folders, I get the message "The set of folders cannot be opened." (along with other messages such a...

Ghost typing
Windows XP running on an older Dell PC. Oddly, about the time Windows 7 was released (and corresponding with some Automatic Windows XP Updates) my computer started a frustrating behavior. When trying to type characters in the USER password screen, IE address bar, notepad, Word or any other character input field...I am able to type one or two letters then the machine self types WWWWWWWWWWWW endlessly. The W is disabled on the keyboard. The keyboard is a Microsoft Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard & Mouse. I also have a WACOM Intuous 3 graphics tablet that has worked fl...

Adding columns to the Item (all) window
We have a need to quickly lookup items using a category code. This is a feed store and customers know what they want, but the bags are in the warehouse. So the category gets the clerk to a short list of items to pick from. Using the find window works but is way too time consuming. I'd like to add Category codes to the Items (all) window so we can easily locate items by description or category code, then use the Find window for those stubborn parts. Is this a customization I might be able to pull off? thanks, Keith Assuming you mean RMS, try this. SWAT Search installer: ...

Where is the item lookup and price stored?
I am wondering where in the sql tables is the item lookup and price stored? It should all be on one table correct? Can anyone point me to where that would be? I am trying to generate a script based on that. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01DF_01C6EC6F.3C0D7E00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Jonathan, The Item table.contains the ILC and some pricing info. What price are you looking for? --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other typ...

Add picklist item programmatically
Hi all, Any ideas on how to programmatically add a picklist item (using sdk). Thanks Copying a previous post: The only solution I see is to use the ExportXmlRequest to export the entitiy you want to modify, change the xml to include your new options and import it using the ImportXmlRequest. Finally publish it with the PublishXmlRequest. There are samples in the SDK covering it, except adding new options, but this is straighforward. Export the account entity and look at the industrycode field in the FieldXml node. It will be something like: - <field name="industrycode" requir...

Invoice Items
Is there a way to move items up and down in the list on an invoice? ...

New messages going to Deleted Items
Hi. I have Outlook 2002 running on my Windows XP machine at home. I have it configured to access my Hotmail account. Whenever I receive a new message into Hotmail, it appears briefly in the Inbox, then moves itself automatically to Deleted Items (on the Hotmail server) before I can read it. This does not happen when I check Hotmail through their web site. This did not happen with my old Windows 98 machine. Also, while this is happening, the Inbox appears too small in the preview pane for a few seconds before expanding to fit the frame, which is when the email moves into Deleted ...

a hot key to a menu item
Hi, Just a simple question. I have a menu item and I want to associate a hot key with it (like ctrl-p for printing). Can someone just point a direction for me? Thanks. Tony > Just a simple question. I have a menu item and I want to associate a > hot key with it (like ctrl-p for printing). Can someone just point a > direction for me? Thanks. In Win32 (MFC), you have to add item to accelerators table. In .NET it is different. What is your platform? -- Igor Green, Grig Software. www.grigsoft.com Compare It! + Synchronize It! : files and folders comparison never was easier!...

Item Find Screen
I believe that there's a way to use "and" and "or" in the Item find screen using the search field...is that right? Thanks, Matt Yes. You can add and / or to make a combination. For example - Find Item dept id = 123 and cat id = ABC Mihir Diviasoft, Inc www.diviasoft.com "Matt" <mrocha@camicro.com> wrote in message news:%23iPgT0oqFHA.3672@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I believe that there's a way to use "and" and "or" in the Item find screen > using the search field...is that right? > > Thanks, > Matt > >...

Maintain History
Last week, we just received 2,500+ new SKU/Items to our inventory and used integration manager to add the items. However, we just discovered that ALL of these items did not have any of the Maintain History options checked (ie Cards ->Inventory -> Item ->Options). As a result, there is no history showing receipt or sales transactions. I have now enabled these options for all the items by using a SQL statement to Set the options on table IV00101. Problem: How do I get previous history for sales made before today from Inquiry - Inventory - Item -> Item Stock Inquiry (top right ...

Accepting downloaded bank tx data with already recorded items
I have just switched from Quicken to Money 2006. The import converted my data without problems, but I can't accept the individual items in the register after downloading data from by bank site. I tried both the level 1 & 2 database repair options; no luck. I am about ready to go back to Quicken were I know this works. Is this a problem with this version? In microsoft.public.money, "Bryan Radke" <Bryan Radke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have just switched from Quicken to Money 2006. The import converted my >data without problems, but I can't...

Move all items to new PC
I currently have MS Office 2007 and my Outlook is connected to an Exchange Server. I'd like to get all of my emails, contacts, tasks, and calendar items saved off of this PC so that I can take them with me to a new PC. Can anyone help me do this? I believe it would involve making a PST file? -- Thanks for your help! RBear3 .. >I believe it would involve making a PST file? No, as you connect to Exchange there is no need to move anything. Simply recreate your mail profile on the new machine and you're done. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microso...

CListCtrl Highlight item when mouse moves over item
Dear All, Problem : I am using CListCtrl (View : icon ) for displaying image files in thumbnail view. it's working fine.. But I want to highlight the border of the image when my mouse moves over that image.. or atleast how would i know the index of that image when i moves mouse over any item (here thumbnail images) ?? I am using VC++ 6.0. Please help me ASAP. Thanks in advance.. Thanks & Regards, Kireet Gajera Do you want to do this when the user selects an item or just when the mouse flies over it. If the first is try it should already be happening. If the second is tru...

Sale Items Being Further Discountable
When I set up a sale list each week for my Newspaper Ad through the Wizard, I discount the prices and then need to go into each individual item and mark it off as not being discountable at the POS. Is there a way around this? It is an awful lot of extra work when I put 100 items up for sale each week. Not at this time I have posted this to the suggestion area in partner source. I have a vitamin customers that does the same thing and yes it is a pain. "Lance" <Lance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35D210D0-AF51-4CA7-9F47-4F1E9F7ED2F9@microsoft.com... >...

Deleted Items not deleteing
Outlook 2003 & Exchange 2003 The users deleted items are not deleting after 7 days as set on the mailbox store. -The user accounts are set to use the default mailbox store properties. -The mailbox store properties, limits tab, deletion settings section, "keep deleted items for (days)" is set to 7 days Any suggestions? Doug wrote: > Outlook 2003 & Exchange 2003 > > The users deleted items are not deleting after 7 days as set on the > mailbox store. > > -The user accounts are set to use the default mailbox store > properties. > -The mailbox stor...

posting inventory items to projects through purchasing
GP allows me to create a purchase order using inventory items as line items posted to Projects. While this is helpful (it pulls the costing from inventory so I don't have to manually enter it), it is misleading and falls short of completing the transaction. Any shipments of those inventory items will NOT carry through and post to the Project -- they post into INVENTORY, so I have to post the shipment THEN enter a separate transaction to transfer it from inventory to the Project (HUGE chance of human error/forgetfulness). This would make sense if I'm a warehouse with central p...