General guide to modifying receipts?

I am new to RMS and have just completed the upgrade from Quicksell.
Everything has gone smoothly except for successfully modifying the receipt
templates. I am having multiple issues regarding too much space between
duplicate receipts and the last line of the footer printing on the first line
of the header on the next receipt. I'm picking up tips here and there online
regarding modifying receipt templates but does anyone know where a general
and complete guide to modifying receipts is located? Thx for any suggestions
you can throw my way.
0
Michi (11)
11/8/2005 8:01:04 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Michi,

There are a number of receipts that you can download from CustomerSource,
including one that looks like a QS2K receipt.
http://tinyurl.com/4gdbu
--
*
"Michi" <Michi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I am new to RMS and have just completed the upgrade from Quicksell.
Everything has gone smoothly except for successfully modifying the receipt
templates. I am having multiple issues regarding too much space between
duplicate receipts and the last line of the footer printing on the first
line
of the header on the next receipt. I'm picking up tips here and there online
regarding modifying receipt templates but does anyone know where a general
and complete guide to modifying receipts is located? Thx for any suggestions
you can throw my way.

0
spam3944 (2163)
11/8/2005 10:19:26 PM
I don't subscribe to Customer Source and dont have support. Any templates or
guides that don't require big $?

"Jeff" wrote:

> Michi,
>
> There are a number of receipts that you can download from CustomerSource,
> including one that looks like a QS2K receipt.
> http://tinyurl.com/4gdbu
> --
> *
> "Michi" <Michi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am new to RMS and have just completed the upgrade from Quicksell.
> Everything has gone smoothly except for successfully modifying the receipt
> templates. I am having multiple issues regarding too much space between
> duplicate receipts and the last line of the footer printing on the first
> line
> of the header on the next receipt. I'm picking up tips here and there online
> regarding modifying receipt templates but does anyone know where a general
> and complete guide to modifying receipts is located? Thx for any suggestions
> you can throw my way.

0
Michi (11)

general question!
Hello there. Outlook XP in a networked environment. When viewing an email (that has an attachment)in the preview pane, I can see the attachment icon on that little header area between the list of emails and the previewed email. However, when I click away to an email that is a reply to a meeting request (that I sent out)and then click back on the attachment-email, in the information viewer the little attachment icon is no longer on the header. Obviously I can still tell if the email in question has an attachment from the information viewer. This is more annoying more than anything els...

help modify Sub copy_to _sheet code....
Hello, i have been working on a formdata that is filled out and copied to assigned worksheets (month1, month2..) here are two macros i have to complete the task. with help of you guys. (thanks) Now..what it does is sees the date and checks if passed the 25th date and then assigns the copy to its month sheet. april to month4 , may to month5 etc.. I am hapy with that. However i noticd that some contracts date do not start till maybe midway thru the year. so when i want the macro to copy the form data to a worksheet...i want that worksheet to be the first workshhet of the contract pero...

Contest Number Receipt Printing
Just wondering if anyone has tried printing numbers on the receipt from POS to verify that someone signing up for a contest is truely someone who purchased from your store? For example: When POS goes through the XML file when a receipt is being printed, it creates a random number and sends it to an outside source (e.g. Internet MySQL Server). It then prints the number on the receipt for the customer to use later when verifying they are who they say they are on a web based form. Does anyone know if this is a possible feat? I have some experience with the receipt.xml (edited the file bef...

Cash receipt-distribution
Hi, When I saved a cheque receipt in a batch, the cash distribution account wasn't show in the window, but if it's a cash receipt I see cash distribution account ...??? -- Eric Hi Eric am presently experiencing the same issue using Electronic Bank Management. In the Cash Receipt entry when you receive cash the neccessary accounts will be well distributed but when u receive a check the holding account is not coming up only the Debtor account is coming up. Pls can anyone help out. Nike Olaore Microsoft Dynamics Gp Applications "Eric" wrote: > Hi, > When I ...

General
I created a workbook with several worksheets that are protected and when it is opened it is to go to sheet1 and select cell A10. My problem is that when I open it not only is sheet1/A10 selected but a cell in sheet2 which causes half of each sheet to be visible. Now if I unprotect sheet2 the problem goes away but cells in the two sheets are linked and both need to be protected. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Carl, care to post the code you are using? maybe somebody can see why it is doing that -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Usin...

Using system serial when creating a cash receipt using econnect 8.
I’m trying to insert a new unposted Cash receipt through “taRMCashReceiptInsert” class in econnect DLL. It requires the value of the document number of the new cash receipt . on the other hand if I insert a new cash receipt manually through Great Plains there’s a feature called automatic serial so that I don’t need to provide a document number for the new document, it’s generated automatically. For example if the last payment have the doc. Number payment00000001 the new payment will have document number payment00000002. So My question is how can I use the automatic serial feature of t...

vbAdvance general dll problem
I want to create a plugin for an external application in VB6. To do this I create a regular dll, export the necessary functions and compile the dll. So far so good. The problem comes when I developed a second plugin (also in vb6 with vbAdvance) and try to load both in the external application. The first plugin is loaded fine, but the second fails with error 998 (ERROR_NOACCESS). I traced the problem to the code that starts the required vb stuff, in MRuntimeInit: ... pGetClass = GetProcAddress(hMod, "DllGetClassObject") If pGetClass Then CopyMemory pCall, InitDelegato...

Receiving receipts when I delete my sent items?
I have read receipts turned on my client, Outlook 2003 running off an Exchange 2003 server. They work fine - I send an email to someone, and I get the receipt when it's opened. However, when I delete things from my sent items folder (marked as read as they always are, so they're not even "unread" mail) I get a deluge of "Not Read" messages from myself, even though I was nowhere in any of the "to" or "cc" or "bcc" fields. This is something that started happening more recently, but not due to any changes on my system. Anyone else...

User Guide Question
I have Money 2004 and I was wondering if there was a way to print out the entire user guide without having to save every screen? I'm getting more frustrated with Money as time goes on, I thought M05 would help me with things but it doesn't appear to be that way. I might think about switching to Quicken. I like the fact that they have books about how to do certain things and such. There isn't any way to print the on-net User's Guide in total that's been identified here. I find it hard to imagine that M05 will fix any issues you are having with M04--indeed it see...

alt.windows7.general
Windows 7 is Vista regurgitated. But it now has it's own news group. alt.windows7.general (uncensored) Canuck57 wrote this, with guidance from inner voices: > Windows 7 is Vista regurgitated. > > But it now has it's own news group. > > alt.windows7.general (uncensored) Just couldn't leave them in peace, could ya? -- Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur, Mors venit velociter quae neminem veretur. Canuck57 wrote: > Windows 7 is Vista regurgitated. > > But it now has it's own news group. > > alt.windows7.general ...

alt.windows7.general newsgroup
Reference Email Subject: Mysterious Message in Drafts Folder, by Grenou, dated Saturday, November 28, 2009, 5:43 AM., comment: "I subscribe to alt.windows7.general." Grenou, I would very much appreciate the name of the server for the alt.windows7.general newsgroup. I already subscribe to news.microsoft.com and msnews.microsoft.com but could not find the alt.windows7.general newsgroup on either of these servers. Thanks for any help, Sam. Try aioe news server. "Sam" <scams@Remove This att.net> wrote in message news:ej3t87ScKHA.808@TK2MSFTN...

Modifier with VBA in GP 9.0
Hi all .. I am 8 months old in the Greate Plains......Now i want to write a certification on "Modifier with VBA in GP 9.0". Plz anyone can give suggestions,tips etc to me to pass the exam. I have only one manual which will come with GP installation.Is it enough ? If any body have any other document or article let me know.. Thank you all, Begginer in Dynamics Vijay Kumar Kashetty If you are customersource / Partnersource then you will have access to training material from your above accounts that is a best reference to prepare for you exams, but still the manual which come...

modify appointments pane in Outlook 2002
All I need to be able to do is add a field to the appointments pane, eg mileage would be good and make it a number field, so that when I export my calendar to a spreadsheet it will also bring through the milegae data which can then be added. A second irritating feature of this process is that I cannot get the date to display separately, without the time, I cannot get the start time and end time to export separate from the date, meaning I cannot then caluclate the duration and add up the hours. Although I have been able to add a MS duration field, it annoyingly is text, as in 2 hours, so it ca...

MODIFYING DEFAULT ADDRESS BOOK
Hello. I have a number (roughly 2000) of Exchange users that I do not want to show in the Global Address List (temporarily). Rather than go one by one and hide each form the global address list, I wanted to modify, or create a new global address list. The problem is, when I create a new address list with a new filter, my Outlook users still get the default address book. How can I fix this? Thanks for the help. First, a little scripting can probably assist with the Hide from Address Book. Second, you have to change the rights on the Default GAL for who can see it. Now, for Outlook ...

Report on select general ledger accounts, that are not sequential.
There are many time when we need to review specific general ledger accounts. These accounts are not necessarily in sequential order, therefore we have to print much more than is needed or may separate reports. It would be helpful if a detail/summary trial balance report could be generated, using some type selection criteria other than account number,segment or date. Example: We have multiple general ledgers that relate to mortgages. These accounts can be income, expense, assets, etc. They cover a large range of general ledger numbers. I'd like to pull all accounts related to mort...

General Questions About differences between working with a MDB and ADP
Is it possible to create custom properties for the ADP file? CurrentDB and DAO.DBEngine(0)(0) are crapping out. SET db = CurrentDB results in an object variable not set SET db = DAO.DBEngine(0)(0) returns 'Item not found in the collection' I do have a reference to DAO 3.6 set. ADPs work with SQL Server. The concepts of CurrentDb and DAO.DBEngine(0)(0) don't really make much sense in an ADP. What are you hoping to be able to do? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "David C. Holley" <David...

Read Receipts #2
I have outlook set to never send a read receipt, but it still sends everyone a read receipt. any ideas? Hi... I had that same problem. I had it set to "Ask me before sending a response" but changed it to "Never send a response" thinking I could skip a step but found out that it sent one anyways. I changed it back to "Ask me..." and it works. Is this a bug? >-----Original Message----- >I have outlook set to never send a read receipt, but it still sends everyone >a read receipt. any ideas? > > >. > ...

MS CRM 3.0 User's Guide
Hello Everyone, Has anyone seen a user guide for v3 ? Thanks The only user guide out there is the applicaiton training course. you can purchase these MOC or Microsoft Official Curriculum trianing manuals form an MBS reseller ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Donald Sweat" <donsweat@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OZMfHc5GGHA.3864@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello Everyone, > Has anyone seen a user guide for v3 ? > > Thanks > There is also this: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/...

General Questions
Hello All! I am creating a vehicle bookings system which will automatically accept/decline vehicle bookings depending on the availability of the vehicle in question. I have created the query to establish if there is a clash once the user has inputted the in and out date/time and chosen which vehicle to book. I would like to know how to get this to 'run' and display a message confirming the accpetance/decline of the proposed booking based on the result of the query. Secondly, is it possible to set up an automatic email (which will be sent to me) when a new record is entered into a...

Post department hours to unit accounts in General Ledger
I would like to see the hours that are allocated to departments in Payroll, also be posted to unit accounts in General Ledger. Currently we have to do this manually for doing analytical reporting on financial statements (Sales per man hour or SPH) by taking numbers off the payroll posting journals and then reentering them as a JE in General Ledger. Thank you. -- Douglas J Karel Pax vobiscum ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in t...

Modifying text data in an imported contact file
Hi, (I am using Excel 2000) I have imported close to 700 contacts from a web based contact manager. I have successfully separated the first, middle, and last names using DATA > COLUMNS-To-TEXT.. 2 "problems" remain-- a serious one and a not-so-serious one: #! --- The names are hyperlinked to the old web based URL, and selecting a name brings up the website -- this is the serious problem -- how do I remove the hyperlink leaving only text? #2 --- The names are all capitalized -- not-so-serious, but not-so-nice -- how can I efficiently produce all lower-case letters following ...

How to enquire on tax codes processed in General Entry Screen.
I processed a GL journal entry and entered taxes through the GL Tax entry button. How do I perform a enquiry after posting to see what tax codes/tax schedules were used. The Jounral entry enquiry screens do not show the tax. ...

General Queries
Dear All, I require answers to the follwing: 1. How is a purchase order generated in HQ 2. How are system settings set in HQ 3. How are users and their security levels set in HQ 4. Is there a report for daily store sales from HQ 5. What is the difference between getting inventory through a purchase order and through a transfer in. 6. What is the basis for restock level and reorder level. 7. What does store cost mean and how can it be differetn between stores 8. How are the bar codes and labels printed. Who is your reseller? Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail...

Custom No Sale Receipt
I am trying to get a no sale receipt to print the shift tender section of the x-report. I have got an extract of the x-report into the reciept report in the correct spot to print the cash in drawer and credit cards for the shift however they are always zero amounts, is there no access to the data when the receipt prints out? The reason we need this is to provide clerks a way of knowing how much money is in the drawer for doing drops, we are curently just running x-reports randomly to find this out. I tried to create an excell spread sheet to just show the cash in drawer amount, but w...

RMS General Info
I am interested in using RMS store operations and Headquaters. Does anyone have any documentation on how the product works? I want to present it to a group...(in hopes of approval) I want a document or something that shows step by step how things are done...inventory, cash/check/tender transactions, return/exchange etc. Please help...ASAP Contact a reseller or go to the RMS site they have demos and white papers "Millie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:041101c48b04$b330daf0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am interested in using RMS store opera...