Force Secure

Is there any way to force the system to secure itself after a cashier uses
the time clock?

0
scott8552 (28)
5/13/2008 8:46:37 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Great Question. But No.

"Scott S" wrote:

> Is there any way to force the system to secure itself after a cashier uses
> the time clock?

0
Jasoncleme (33)

Force Uninstall
All, A coupla questions . . . Suppose I just want to forcefully uninstall Exchange 2000 from a server, and an org. Currently the uninstall fails because (as mentioned in a previous post) I have users that still show as being on that server, however the store that those users were on is no longer there (because of a disaster). Is there some way to force the uninstall? Another question. I have two healthy clustered machines running currently. Suppose I just remove the object for the old exchange server from the ESM? Assuming I have performed all of the other steps steps (like moving o...

Security setting to restrict user from deactivating record?
Hi. Can anyone tell me what setting to use to restrict a user from deactivating a record in MS CRM 1.2? The user is already set up with no delete priviledges. thank you...Kim There is no security to prevent this. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:259C764F-45BA-4B07-9A45-1D7A1F6BDC98@microsoft.com... Hi. Can anyone tell me what setting to use to restrict a user from deactivating a record in MS CRM 1.2? The user is already set up with no delete priviledges. thank you...Kim ...

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

Outlook Contact Security
I'm using MS Exchange/Outlook 2007 and have set up a Public Contacts folder. I've noticed that any user, regardless of permission level, can drag and drop any Public Contact into his/her Personal Contact folder. How can I share my company's contacts and protect from unauthorized duplication (piracy) at the same time? Thanks very much. ...

Internet security suggestions
I am currently using Trend Micro on my Dell Laptop with Windows XP, which expires the end of January. Is there a short list of security software i should consider that might be better than Trend Micro? shareyourknowledge@hotmail.com wrote: > I am currently using Trend Micro on my Dell Laptop with Windows XP, > which expires the end of January. Is there a short list of security > software i should consider that might be better than Trend Micro? Avast. http://www.avast.com. It's free and much better at detecting viruses than Trend Micro. You can use the XP firewall. ...

Force quit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Closing Word get error message &quot;A file error has occurred. Check your network connections or make sure the disk is properly inserted&quot; Am then required to use force quit. Anybody have solution? Make sure Office & OS X are fully updated. If they are & you still encounter the problem, crashing on Quit is usually the result of one of theses causes: Need to repair disk permissions Damaged preference files Corrupt Normal.dotm template See this page for the respective links in t...

Integration Manager Advanced Security
Hi, I relaize that we can set access to Integration Manager on a user/company basis through the old security screens by allowing Integration Site Enabler access. How can we do this through Advanced Security for Classes and multiple companies? thx, Doug -- Doug Wilson Buisness Analyst - Dynamics GP Flagstone RE In Advanced Security, this is Tools >> Import Utility. David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics mailto:David.Mus...

Forcing Appointments
I use outlook to schedule appointments with my customers with specific employees. I have a scheduling department that does this scheduling via outlook. The employees have no option to reject or modify these appointments; therefore, I would like to force this on their calendar with them having to accept it and not allowing them to modify it. Additionally, I need to know real time once they are scheduled. Right now I don't know they are scheduled until they accept and that sometimes takes too long and then they are inadvertently double booked by the scheduling department. So how do ...

CRM 1.2 Security Service Not starting
I have CRM 1.2 and SQL on the same box. When the server is restarted, the CRM Security Service fails to start. I must manually start the service. Any ideas? TIA -RS See TechKnowledge Error "The Microsoft CRM Security Service Failed to Start" During the Microsoft CRM Server Installation When Microsoft CRM and SQL Server 2000 are Installed on the same machine Mounim >-----Original Message----- >I have CRM 1.2 and SQL on the same box. >When the server is restarted, the CRM Security Service fails to start. >I must manually start the service. >Any ideas? >TIA ...

Force REPLY to go back to distribution list
I have an issue whereby a department is insisting that they want their mailing lists marked so that any time anyone clicks REPLY (not "REPLY ALL" - they refuse that as an acceptable solution, it must be REPLY) that the reply message goes back to the distribution list and not the message originator. They further insist that this capability must occur on the mail server (and not on Outlookclient side), since they use a multitude of different mail clients (many on Unix/Linux) and therefore it is a server-side responsibility to make this happen. They say that this capability exists in ...

Spelling in new Security Tables in GP v10
There are a significant number of spelling mistakes in the Dynamics SY09000 and SY09100 tables in GP 10.0. These are the new Security Role and Task Master tables. Please correct these for future releases. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www...

Outlook Security Features Administrative Package
I've installed the security Admin pack (admpack.exe) from the Office resource kit in a domain using Exchange 2000 and Office 10. Every time I go to save a new security form I get prompted for credentials and get the same failure. I've deleted the public folder, repeated the installation and double-checked all permissions. I've created an exceptions group form to test with, and even though I get a failure on saving the form, it seems to work. Anyone know whats up? Merry Holiday & many safe reboots! ...

force

Security 06-18-07
I have my security set up and would like to allow users to make changes on forms, however, not make changes to tables or queries. I've read some information instruction me to make VB changes which I am unfamiliar with. Is there a place I can find step by step instruction that a novice user could understand? -- Ronnie Applying security is an involved process, and there aren't any shortcuts if you want to do it correctly. Go to http://support.microsoft.com/support/access/content/secfaq.asp and get the FAQ. Read it carefully several times. Work on a copy of your MDB file, and...

Forcing an account
Hi All Is there anyway to get Outlook 2002 and/or 2003 to force to use a certain mail account for certain contacts? For example for contact A, B and C I want to always send new messages, replies and forwards via mail account 1 and for contact D, E and F I want to do the same using mail account 2. I don't want this to deviate even if one of these contacts has sent an email to an alternate mail account. Even though I set my main account as the default, when certain emails come in on my other accounts I can't force my replies or forwards to go to a certain account. Are there any hidd...

Force PasteSpecialValues in Excel 2007
There was a very nice piece of code written by Aaron Bush (Oorang on MrExcel) in 2007 which disabled cut and copy execution in excel, forcing the copy to copy only values but maintaining the ability to undo (http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=957). Unfortunately, this code fails in several ways in Excel 2007. 1/ It does not disable ribbon cut/copy/paste features 2/ Paste still functions normally when using <enter> to paste the previously copied cell 3/ If you are copying from a locked cell in a protected sheet, the code generates a 1004 error (though the p...

Forcing an ActiveX control to serialize it's properties.
Is there a way to force an activeX control to serialize it's properties? Kurt "Kurt" <k_nojunk@larimore.net> wrote in message news:OqS15%23p3DHA.3224@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to force an activeX control to serialize it's properties? > > Kurt > > Kurt, Try getting a pointer to the IPersistStorage interface via QueryInterface. Then call the method IPersistStorage::Save which needs an IStorage* to specify where the properties will be saved to. ...

How force table update when no bound field updated?
I have a main form with a 'Balance Due' field. There are two balance due controls, one unbound (displayed) and one bound (hidden). I also have a subform which is a continuous form containing payment data. When payment details are entered or changed, the balance due on the main form and in the bound table needs to be updated. The total of payments is summed in the subform footer and the balance due (unbound control) refers to this subform total. In main Form BeforeUpdate, I copy the unbound balance due to the bound balance due. The problem is that when only payment data is...

Force combo box selection before moving off field
I've searched through the group but I can't seem to find exactly what I'm looking for. Using 2000 ... I have a combo box on a form. The row source is a simple query. The control source is a long integer (link to an autonumber). Form is based on a table. I don't want the user to be able to move off the CB (combo box) unless they select something from the list (or type in a new item). I've tried making the control source required in the table. This won't let them move off the RECORD until they do something in the CB. I want them stopped at the CB. I set up...

Force Secure
Is there any way to force the system to secure itself after a cashier uses the time clock? Great Question. But No. "Scott S" wrote: > Is there any way to force the system to secure itself after a cashier uses > the time clock? > > > ...

URGENT! After security updates HTTPS is too slow on Windows 98!
After applying some updates to my Windows 2003 + Exchange 2003 server (via Microsoft Update) I noticed that Windows 98 clients connecting to OWA via HTTPS ARE DAMN TOO SLOW (it takes up to 2 minutes to show to login page!). Some considerations: - This didn't happen before. - This does not happens in Windows XP computers. - If Win98 clients try to access via http:// everything works fine, so I guest HTTPS is causing the error. This are the updates that were installed: Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB917537) - Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - July 2006 (KB890830) -...

Advanced Security #9
I created as user class ID (by Menu) with NO permission to Inventory under "Tools - Setup". But somehow he has access to the Bill of Materials Setup. Can somebody point out where can I disable the permission. thanks, Have you tried rolling that change down to members of the class? Just to confirm, when you are in Advanced Security looking at that class there is no check by Inventory under Menu, Tools, Setup right? Also are you referring to Bill of Materials under Inventory or Manufacturing? -- Jim@TurboChef "tintin91" wrote: > I created as user class ID ...

Default User object security
Windows 2003 SP2 I am trying to fix a problem where delegation of control is not working properly to usr OUs. I ca't seem to keep permissions on user account objects that allow user accounts to be moved between OUs. I think it may be related to protected account membership on the user objects themselves. ALso the "inherit permissions from parent" is unchecked on user objects. Certain user new user objects work fine and are inheriting. What are the default security to use on user objects so that i can remvoe membership from protected groups and how should I a...

Creating an event by force.
Hello, I want to create an event by force. How can I do that ? (for example : ToolStrip.ItemClicked event) Thanks :) To the dark side this path leads. Explain your request you should. Yoda On 6/10/2010 6:06 PM, Mr. X. wrote: > Hello, > I want to create an event by force. > How can I do that ? > > (for example : ToolStrip.ItemClicked event) > > Thanks :) Do you mean SomeToolstrip.Items (0).PerformClick()? -- Mike Thanks, specific, this help. I need more generic solution (I would like to do any event, not only the PerformClick event). ...

Possible to force output format of empty elements?
I have built a small integration app using VS .NET 2003 that extracts orderinformation from a 'webshop'. Extracting the orderinformation works fine. Appending the order elements in the XmlDocument was also done in a jiffy. The final step is to save the document to disk and then ship it to another system using ftp. The xml orderfile produced must fit a set specification of the recieving system. That specification states that empty elements must be formated in one line using a long format for empty elements. It should look like this: <address1></address1> And not like...