exporting reports to email

I am trying to export reports directly to email in html format. When I click
export I get a 'Microsoft Office Outlook' box  "The operation failed". Click
OK and a 'Store Operation Manager' box appears with "Export Failed". Click OK
and back to my active report. I can export to desktop and then email by
attach  ment but would rather do it in one step. Thanks for any suggestions.

Michael
0
Astro (3)
10/29/2007 4:13:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Oct 29, 9:13 am, astro <as...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am trying to export reports directly to email in html format. When I click
> export I get a 'Microsoft Office Outlook' box  "The operation failed". Click
> OK and a 'Store Operation Manager' box appears with "Export Failed". Click OK
> and back to my active report. I can export to desktop and then email by
> attach  ment but would rather do it in one step. Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> Michael

Do you have your Outlook configured?  This export function will invoke
your default email client, if you don't have one set up, it will fail
and render the appropriate error code.

0
todd.jensen (109)
10/30/2007 8:28:45 PM
Yes, Outlook is configured and has been for some time. They cannot tell me
when the SOM stopped exporting to Outlook. They are using Outlook 2003. The
box to make Outlook the default is also checked.

Any other suggestions.

"Todd" wrote:

> On Oct 29, 9:13 am, astro <as...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I am trying to export reports directly to email in html format. When I click
> > export I get a 'Microsoft Office Outlook' box  "The operation failed". Click
> > OK and a 'Store Operation Manager' box appears with "Export Failed". Click OK
> > and back to my active report. I can export to desktop and then email by
> > attach  ment but would rather do it in one step. Thanks for any suggestions.
> >
> > Michael
>
> Do you have your Outlook configured?  This export function will invoke
> your default email client, if you don't have one set up, it will fail
> and render the appropriate error code.

0
Astro (3)

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Email delivery
Is there any way to have one email account deliverd to a .pst file and one delivered to an exchange mailbox in the same profile? No. You can have your mail delivered to an Exchange profile and then move certain mails by rule to a .pst but you cannot have them delivered directly to 2 different message stores automatically. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, cleve asked: | Is the...

Export to XML exports single row only

Export / Import Security

Report Server Security Settings Problem
I am unable to deploy a report to my local report server. On my Window 7 Professional machine the reporting service is running, I am in the local administrators group on my machine, and I have administrator rights on my SQL Server 2008 Standard installation (a full installation). When I attempt to deploy a report from Visual Studio 2008 it says I don't have sufficient permissions. Also, when I browse http://localhost/reports the page displays but I don't have the "Site Settings" link. When I browse http://localhost/Reportserver I get "The permissions granted to...

sql report 3 tables
I am trying to write a report which will contain 4 tables, I need to display all 4 tables on one page. Unfortunatley because of the siz of the first 2 tables the 3rd table sits way down on the right hand side, how can i manipulate were the tables sit on the preview window? Regards Ian Are you writing your report in visual studio? in Report layout view, right click outside of the report area and select Properties. from the second tab you can change the layout of the report. By default it is set to 8.5 X 11, try chaning it to 11 X 8.5. Also, try changing the font size in your tab...

How do I email a hyperlink to a program file with a website as a parameter
Hi all, We're trying to email a hyperlink to a program file on a persons C: drive which by itself works fine. But when we append a parameter in the form of http://website.com then it thinks the entire link is a website and chokes. What we're trying to do start a Citrix ICA file from an email and feed it a dynamic website. The full link is "C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICA Client\wfica32.exe" \\server\share\IE.ICA /param:"HTTP://website.com" I want the link to be just as is but Outlook changes the backslashes to forward slashes and generally mucks it up. ...

Export item ID?

Is there a way to count # of emails in a pst?
I need to find a way to count the # of emails in a .PST without actually opening it. If there are any 3rd party programs or a script I can run that would be great. If I do have to open the .PST and it is my only option, could anyone tell me the fastest way to get this information? Thanks! -- hammerhead13 hammerhead13 <hammerhead13.2c4f985@outlookbanter.com> wrote: > I need to find a way to count the # of emails in a .PST without > actually opening it. Not possible. You must open a file in order to determine the content. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] I don't recall ...

Report Synchronization
Hi all, I'm new to GP administration so I'll apologize for my lack of understanding up front. I've got a new user who can't see the modified reports the others can. From the Setup window it looks right, but no reports show up on the system. Any ideas? If you go into the security setup window for that user and can see no reports listed under modified reports, then that particular workstation does not have the modified reports.dic. If you store your reports.dic on a share, verify that the Dynamics.set file points to that share for the reports.dic and if you store...

Exporting email in Outlook Express

Encrypted Email
Does anyone know what would be the simplest way to send encrypted email from our company out to the internet. We would like for the ability to send encrypted to be available to all internal users of our Exchange 5.5 server. Thanks The Key Management Server (part of 5.5) can be used to both encrypt and digitally sign messages using X.509v3 certificates. To encrypt mail to users outside, they would need to send you a digitally signed email (which assumes they have some form of email security in place, like the KMS). Outlook supports adding the users public key certificate (which it gets fr...

Exporting to Powerpoint

transfer group in budget reports
Is there any way to delete the line which shows transfers from the budget and budget reports. ...

Email Attachments #3
How can an organization prevent email attachments from being stored in CRM with the CRM email activity. Hi Terry, in the System Settings, the CRM admin can block attachments with defined file extensions (e.g. .exe). To block all attachments you could just add all the common email attachment file types (.doc, .xls, .pdf, etc.) Or just set the maximum file size on the E-mail tab to 0KB. -- Neil Benson Increase - Hosted Microsoft CRM with Beyond Demand service www.increasecrm.co.uk "Terry" wrote: > How can an organization prevent email attachments from being stored in CRM &...

Junk Emails
We are using Exchange Server 2000 SP3. Recently there have been many junk emails coming to our domain. Please let us know how we can stop such junk emails in exchange server. Secondly, when we click in Current Sessions in Exchange Systems Manager, we get a message SMTP Configuration window saying "The system cannot find the path specified." Please if anybody can help us to stop the junk emails of 1 kb. There are more than 1000 such emails in our Q by which our server is always busy sending / receiving unwanted emails. Regards, Athar -- Athar Sagri atharsagri <atharsagr...

Opening a report hangs and it does not print
I'm opening a report. I turn hourglass on directly before and off directly after. I have a msgbox in the report open event. I get the hourglass and a message 'opening report'. The report never prints and the hourglass never goes away. Have to terminate Access to get out. The msgbox in report open event does not display. The last thing I changed was the feeding query which runs fine outside the report. The report is opened with a filter. Any ideas how to debug this? well if the query runs fine stand alone.... it must be either the report design or your printer driver.... ...

Cashier Time Clock Report error ( -2147467259 )Conversion failed
Cashier Time Clock Report error ( -2147467259 )Conversion failed when converting datetime from character string. I am using RMS 2.0. I am trying to run the Cashier Time clock report for last two week pay periods 2/14/2008 to 2/17/2008. I read post from that you change couple of numbers in Active reports and you could fix a problem, but I was unable to find that post. ...

Missing Report Manager help file
Greetings: I run Windows XP home and Office XP Professional. Sometime last year I installed Report Manager add-in for Excel. In March 2005 I had to do a reinstall. Since then, when I click on View>Report>Manager>help I get a message stating that the XLMAIN8.HLP file cannot be found. The utility is checked in the Add-On dialog box. As I still have the download in the My Downloads folder I have even tried reinstalling the utility again but still the help file remains lost somewhere. Can someone offer some advice on what to do next? Where could the file have gone? How can I get it back...

Export Image Package
I have an access application that has stored .JPG images within the database as a "Package". How can I export the image back to a normal .jpg file so that it can be read by a normal (non ole server) imaging application? ...

Export registry key
Hi, Is there an API to Export and Extract a registry key in a text format ? I need to simulate the operation that is done by the user of exporting a key (and creating a .reg file in a text format). I do not want to use RegSaveKey/RegRestorekey which work in a binary format. Yoav. I believe you will have to do this yourself. There is no Automation or exported function interface to RegEdit, and that .Reg file concept is a feature of that program. However, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to do this, using RegEnumKeyEx and RegEnumValue or the CRegKey class, use a CStdioFile object...

Outlook will not send my email any more
Outlook will only receive email, it has stopped sending. initially it was having an smtp error, now it is not even attempting to send the email. On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:33:02 -0800, jared wrote: > Outlook will only receive email, it has stopped sending. initially it was > having an smtp error, now it is not even attempting to send the email. What version of Outlook? Do you get any error messages when you try to send? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights Hi Jeff... It is Outlook 2000 SP-3. The...

Why are blank white boxes appearing in some Outlook emails?
Why are blank white boxes appearing in some Outlook emails (covering text in the body of the letter)? Not all emails, just a few - emails from the same person may or may not have the boxes, all so far have a signature with a graphic but not all emails with graphics (even if from the same person) will have it Windows XP Pro, Outlook 2003, Exchange 2003 Any idea's? ...

Report Sum
I am working on a cost study form for a body shop. Each vehicle will have its own page. I have to be able to add up to 15 different list part totals as well as 15 different net part totals. I then need to add the 7% tax of the list part total to the net parts total. I would love some input on what would be the easiest way to achieve this because I then have to generate a report with by the different companies showing total parts, total labor and total profit ratio. Usually, you want to text put boxes in footer of the form. You have to pull the footer down on the bottom to have...