Export item ID?

Hi there. Having resolved my previous EMS Data import issues, I have
now moved on to more complicated things (importing supplier lists,
aliases etc). However, these operations require the item ID for each
item - something I don't have. Is there some way I can export these
from the database so I know what item ID corresponds to each item. I
have run a query in Administrator (select itemlookupcode, ID from item)
which tells me this, but I haven't worked out how to export this out to
a spreadsheet. Any help would be appreciated, cheers

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

After running your query goto File menu and Export.

Rob

"Mheill" <somefatbloke@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi there. Having resolved my previous EMS Data import issues, I have
> now moved on to more complicated things (importing supplier lists,
> aliases etc). However, these operations require the item ID for each
> item - something I don't have. Is there some way I can export these
> from the database so I know what item ID corresponds to each item. I
> have run a query in Administrator (select itemlookupcode, ID from item)
> which tells me this, but I haven't worked out how to export this out to
> a spreadsheet. Any help would be appreciated, cheers

0
Rob
6/4/2006 5:46:56 PM
Cheers, Rob. I guess I probably should have been able to work that one
out for myself

Rob wrote:
> After running your query goto File menu and Export.
>
> Rob
>
> "Mheill" <somefatbloke@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there. Having resolved my previous EMS Data import issues, I have
> > now moved on to more complicated things (importing supplier lists,
> > aliases etc). However, these operations require the item ID for each
> > item - something I don't have. Is there some way I can export these
> > from the database so I know what item ID corresponds to each item. I
> > have run a query in Administrator (select itemlookupcode, ID from item)
> > which tells me this, but I haven't worked out how to export this out to
> > a spreadsheet. Any help would be appreciated, cheers

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Export to XML exports single row only

Adding Palette Items in GP 7.5
I have been having trouble in Dexterity adding palette items. Our product used to only use toolbar items, but we were hoping to add a palette item. When we struggled with this about a year ago, the support technition had me run the add toolbar script off of a trigger on the OK button on the User/Company login screen. That same script I am using to add to the tool bar(basically the script goes though the toolbar items in SY_Toolbar_MSTR, if it finds the item i am trying to add it does nothing, if it doesnt find it, it adds it on the end) i am not making a call to a global script called...

Export / Import Security

"The reminder for [Subject] will not appear because the item is not in your Calendar or Task folder. Is this OK?"
We use Office 2003 and a Small Business Exchange Server, so we can share one calendar. After we converted to the server-based Office from stand-alone, we no longer can include reminders in our calendar appointments. When we try to add a reminder we get an error box that says: "The reminder for [Subject] will not appear because the item is not in your Calendar or Task folder. Is this OK?" ===== On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 08:46:02 -0400, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote: [T]he error is because its not being posted to the default mailbox folders. So you...

Export item ID?

Not able to Receive an Item through RMA in Field Service
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01CA103F.BBDD7F80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Great People (GP) We are using GP 10.0 SP3 I am trying to receive a serialized item through RMA and it is giving = me a very strange message " This serial number has been used on an other = document by another user" . I have searched and look all over the places and there is only single = Invoice and customer and I am exactly following the same path to = received back from that customer...

Exporting email in Outlook Express

Exporting to Powerpoint

Export Image Package
I have an access application that has stored .JPG images within the database as a "Package". How can I export the image back to a normal .jpg file so that it can be read by a normal (non ole server) imaging application? ...

Export from Excel to Word
I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating involved, it is text not data. Is there a way that I get it into Word without having to redo all the formatting? It is 11x17, landscape. Yes: Select the area you wish to copy. While holding the SHIFT key pull-down: Edit > Copy Picture... In the Word document, just paste. Because you have pasted a picture, the formatting will be preserved. Also because its a picture, yo can re-size it as you choose. -- Gary's Student "kath0178" wrote: > I have a 20 page Excel document that has a LOT of formating inv...

Reverse of export to database
Ave, I would like to generate a Visio drawing starting from an Access database which contains the results of an 'export to database' of an existing drawing. I found import possibilities from Excel, csv, txt files, but not from databases. I'm using Visio 2002 Professional. Greetings, Are you trying to import the data from the database tables or the database schema? If it is the database schema, run the Database modeling template (File \ New \ Database \ Database model diagram) If you want to get the data, try the "Link to Database" dialog (Tools \ Macros \ Visio Extras...

find: Can't move the items.
When I try to move or copy items from the find window in Outlook 2002, I get the following error message: Can't move the items. Is this a by product design or an error. Yes, the find function only displays a view of the items found, it does not display the actual message. To move the message, open it and select move or copy. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and fin...

Export registry key
Hi, Is there an API to Export and Extract a registry key in a text format ? I need to simulate the operation that is done by the user of exporting a key (and creating a .reg file in a text format). I do not want to use RegSaveKey/RegRestorekey which work in a binary format. Yoav. I believe you will have to do this yourself. There is no Automation or exported function interface to RegEdit, and that .Reg file concept is a feature of that program. However, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to do this, using RegEnumKeyEx and RegEnumValue or the CRegKey class, use a CStdioFile object...

Export email addresses including aliases
Hi I have a medium organization with 5 different domains so each user has 5 to 10 email aliases. I can't find a way (an easy way) to export all email addresses into a script file so I can create accounts on our off-site anti-spam provider. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO EXPORT EMAIL ALIASES IN EXCHANGE 2000 Thank you, Shawn. "Shawn" <slafferty@allcovered.com> wrote: >I have a medium organization with 5 different domains so each user has 5 to 10 email aliases. I can't find a way (an easy way) to export all email addresses into a script file so I can create accounts on o...

Item level permissions in public folder?
Does anyone know anything about setting item level permissions in a public folder? I have a PF with the permissions on the folder set to Owner for a given user, but they can only edit some records and not others. Do I need to do something with admin or directory permissions to fix this? I have not changed permissions on Drive M, in case that matters. Thanks Rick On 20 Apr 2004 13:29, rick@thisisnotmyrealemailaddress.com wrote: >Does anyone know anything about setting item level permissions in a >public folder? I have a PF with the permissions on the folder set to >Owner for a giv...

W3SVC Event ID 100 RPC Server unavailable
njot sure what has happened but I was getting a bunch of W3SVC warning errors in system log on my exchange server like this Event Type: Warning Event Source: W3SVC Event Category: None Event ID: 100 Date: 4/7/2005 Time: 10:24:37 PM User: N/A Computer: exchangeserver Description: The server was unable to logon the Windows NT account 'jdk' due to the following error: The RPC server is unavailable. The data is the error code. For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp....

Can I export my Publisher document into MS Word?
Does anyone know how I can export my Publisher document into MS Word? Hi Matt (matthew_removethis_@mccallister.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Does anyone know how I can export my Publisher document || into MS Word? No you cannot. You can open one instance of Publisher and one instance of Word and copy/paste between the two programs, or do a CTRL+Drag and Drop between the two programs. Some formatting will be lost however. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Export
Can I add a control to my form that when clicked the form will be exported to a pdf or mht file? I'm using InfoPath 2003. Thanks, Joel I put this question in the wrong place. Sorry "JoelS" wrote: > Can I add a control to my form that when clicked the form will be exported to > a pdf or mht file? I'm using InfoPath 2003. > > Thanks, > > Joel ...

Display Count Range of Grouped Items
Hi Folks - I have a database that tracks criminal cases. For each case, there can be multiple charges. Also, for each case, there could be the same charge for many counts. So, the data would look something like this: Count Charge 1 Charge1 2 Charge1 3 Charge1 4 Charge2 5 Charge2 6 Charge3 7 Charge3 8 Charge4 I'd like a report to be formatted like this: Counts 1-3 - Charge1 Counts 4-5 - Charge2 Counts 6-7 - Charge3 Count 8 - Charge 4 Not sure...

Outlook export csv contacts screws up email addresses (why?)
There must be a way to prevent Outlook from screwing up email addresses upon import and subsequent export of a csv file into and out of the contacts? But how? Here's what happens consistently with Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. I import this two-line csv test file into my Outlook contacts. Note this test file contains an email address which is not in my company Exchange server (apparently). LASTNAME,FIRSTNAME,PHONE,EMAIL Bar,Foo,123-456-7890,foo@bar.com When I export these contacts, the result is a different format: "LASTNAME","FIRSTNAME","PHONE","EM...

Personal Folder (pst) messages being moved to deleted items folder
A few users I assist have recently had the cleansing of their Personal Folders data. All of this data if broken into dozens of sub-folders and for an unknown reason moved into the "Deleted Items" folder. The good news is the messages are all there, but the bad news, it's no longer sorted logically. 1) Is there any way to reverse this? 2) How can we prevent this from happening again or to others? (I've verified auto archiving is turned off - and noone has run it on their own) Windows XP SP3 - Outlook 2007 SP2. Thank you, Jim 1) Restoring from backup wi...

Morphed SKU Numbers on export to Excel
I am exporting an RMS Items report to Excel to send to my new on-line shopping cart provider. One of the pieces of data needs to be the RMS SKU #. I use a combination of 4 or 5 digit internally generated SKUs, plus the typical bar code wanded numbers where items are manufacturer barcoded. When the file opens in Excel, most of the manufacturer barcode SKUs are morphed. Some look fine, but many are morphed with decimals and letters included. The morphed ones do not appear that way in the RMS database. Any ideas?? These look fine: 84692000135 Taylor's Vintage '03 Ruby Port 8...

Export Web List
I am using Visio 2002 to capture the structure and content exsisting web sites. After that is done is there a way to export the contents of the List window into Excel or Access? Thank you for your help! Hi Pamela, When you are running the Web Diagram solution template in Visio 2002, select the "Reports" item from "Web" menu. If you have Excel installed on the machine, it will be one of the report output options. I hope this helps. -- Dick Hamilton Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Pa...