Expirary date for gift certificates....

Good day,
      Is there anyway in which I can assign expirary dates on gift
certificates...

Best regards,
Uttam
0
uttam (11)
10/30/2007 3:11:00 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Uttam,

If you have them setup as a Voucher type, you can set the expiration period
in SOM | File | Config | Tender

Marc

"uttam" <uttam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Good day,
>      Is there anyway in which I can assign expirary dates on gift
> certificates...
>
> Best regards,
> Uttam

0
marc_no_spam (194)
10/30/2007 3:26:33 PM
Thanks marc....

"Marc" wrote:

> Uttam,
>
> If you have them setup as a Voucher type, you can set the expiration period
> in SOM | File | Config | Tender
>
> Marc
>

> "uttam" <uttam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Good day,
> >      Is there anyway in which I can assign expirary dates on gift
> > certificates...
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Uttam

0
uttam (11)

Divide a a range of dates into intervals starting with the current date or the latest date in the range of dates
Could someone please advise if the following is possible. I have a table of dates not all dates are represented. I would like to group these dates into regular intervals, perhaps using the GROUP BY statement. For example the table may hold 1 year of dates, there may be multiple dates for the one day and there may be in some cases no entry for a particular day. The interval must always start from the current date, the interval may be say 20 days. The idea is to divide the data into 20 intervals from the date the query is run and then count up the entries if the date falls into the g...

Disappearing Date
Having problems with varying formats of date entry, so I created an input mask in the form with the format __/__/__. All seems to work, and the date is being put into the table correctly. Only strange thing is, when data is entered into field and user tabs to next field, the date disappears. Can this be prevented? TKS in advance. ALWAYS allow date selection via a Calendar. It avoids the common problem of having to validate dates. -Dorian "ken3260" wrote: > Having problems with varying formats of date entry, so I created an input > mask in the form with the format ...

Workflow and Dates
We have several potential workflows that we would need to go off of date fields. For example: Send an email if expiration date(custom field) is 30 days away. What is the best way to accomplish something like this. I am sure it is a very common need. Hi, I now it is possible to set a 'timer' upon creation of a record. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "AAA" wrote: > We have several potential workflows that we would need to go off of date > fields. For example: Send an email if expiration date(custom field) is 30 > days away. > What is the best...

Finding Previous Date in Date Range With Duplicate Dates
I have a small worksheet that tracks sales by date and price. I have an array formula that looks through the date ranges (Start Date and End Date) to find the range that occurs in this period (current month) and then looks to the previous period to get the variance. Here's a sample formula: {=SUM(IF(($G$2>=BOP!$B$29:$B$71)*($G$3<=BOP!$C$29:$C$71),OFFSET(BOP!$J$29:$J $71,-1,0),""))} The problem I am running into is that is where 2 consecutive periods are the same (where we had a pricing change in the middle of the date range, so we showed 2 consecutive periods with diffe...

Parameter based on Date Field
I have a customer table with a Date of Birth field. I want to be able to prompt a user to enter a begin and end date to print out birthday letters based solely on the user entering the begin birth month and day and the end birth month and day, and not the year. How can this be done? On May 8, 1:26 pm, dh1069 <dh1...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a customer table with a Date of Birth field. I want to be able to > prompt a user to enter a begin and end date to print out birthday letters > based solely on the user entering the begin birth month and day and the end ...

Timeline with critical date markers
I want to create a chart which shows a series of data inflating over time, with vertical bars marking critical points in time. These critical dates are input in individual cells in the spreadsheet, rather than being series. I don’t want to just ‘draw’ lines and overlay them on the chart because the critical points will change when the dates change. Any ideas? Hi, Here is a collection of examples for adding lines to charts. http://andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DummySeries.html#Ad...

Dates #6
Hello I need to compare a number in one cell to a date in another to see if they match (I am matching the day in the date). A B 15 02/15/09 =true 23 01/23/09 =true 1 05/11/08 =false 3 02/30/09 =false Can this be done? Thanks....... 30 01/30/09 15 02/15/09 1 02/01/09 If I understand what you want: =A1=DAY(B1) Copy down as needed. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "teresa" <teresa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:632BC39D-B355-496F-BF85-CBF17CD0E806@microsoft.com... > Hello > > I need to compare a number in one cell to a date in...

Populate date into excel from DataSet/DataTable
Hi there, We are developing a WPF windows application in .NET 3.5 & VS 2008 We have the following requirement 1. An excel template will be available in server side, in which the webservice is being hosted. 2. We need to call a webservice to get the data from database and populate the data in the predefined excel template available in the step1. 3. Then download the data populated excel to the client side. Is there any elegant way of doing this in server side, since its webservice multiple client might call this consume this to get this done. Please advice. Thanks, Dhans...

Pivot Table, Date Sorting?
I have a pivot table with the data grouped by year,month, date. Year and Month sort ok, but date seems to be sorted numerically based on the day. I get the following: 10 - 30 followed by the dates 1 - 9. I've changed the date format to several different formats with no luck. I've double-checked to sort order and everything looks ok. Any Ideas? Sounds like they are not real dates, but are in fact either a numerical representation of a date or text. They need to be real dates in a format that Excxel recognises to sort properly, otherwise you will get exactly the problem you have g...

Excel 2000
Hello I am new and exhausted from trying to find an answer to m problem. I enter a date into a cell (ex. 020206 which should auto format t 02/02/2006) but when I hit enter I get a weird date that comes u 1/23/7436. This happens with any date I enter. I tried to custom format the cel ##/##/## but that doesn't work, and I tried "text to columns" but ha no success. Any help with detailed solutions would be appreciated. thank -- vt ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vtz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&us...

Calculating date/time intervals??
I have multiple sets of date/time value combinations. For each start time (date/time) and finish time (date/time), I need a formula that calculates the number of days, hours, and minutes between the two events. Example: Start 5/14/2010, 11:25 Finish 5/17/2010, 18:30 Thanks for any assistance! John Hi, Assume that starting entry is in cell C7 and finishing entry is in cell C9 =INT(C9)-INT(C7) for days; =(C9-C7)*24*60 for minutes; and =(C9-C7)*24 for days -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishmathur.com "jj" <jj@discussions.micr...

ISO SQL Date Format / ISO Date Formats
ISO date formats come in a number of variations, two such variations are YYYY-MM-DD and YYYYMMDD. The ISO SQL Standard date format is YYYY-MM-DD only which is termed a "date literal". According to the standard (see here: http://savage.net.au/SQL/sql-92.bnf.html#date literal) the "date literal" in order for it to be a "date literal" MUST be prefixed by the keyword DATE, if not then the text is simply nothing more than a "string literal" which has different meaning and subject to regional settings if used on data type conversions ie. st...

Date entry automatically
I am creating a spreadsheet containing stats for a weeks work, broken down by day. I will use the same spreadsheet each week, just replacing the dates. If I enter Monday's date, is there a way to make the rest of the week's dates automatically appear? And would this work if the Monday was the end of the month, like Mon 30 May? Thank you, Rob, Teesside, UK You need only add 1 to Monday's date to get Tuesday, 2 for Wednesday, etc. Thus, if you will place your Monday starting date in A2 - say 4/11/05, then B2 would contain =A2+1 and C2 would contain =B2+1 ...

Show Date File was saved
I need to show in Excel, inside a cell, the date the the file was last saved. Is this possible? Hi Imry You can use this event in the Thisworkbook module Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, _ Cancel As Boolean)If you save the file the date will be placed in cell A1of Sheet1 Sheets("Sheet1").Range("a1").Value = Date End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Imry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19a1001c44d59$f576fae0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I need to show in Excel, inside a cell, the d...

Timecard should print in right order
The timecard report in Business Portal HRMSS prints the second week of the pay period first, followed by the first week of the pay period. The days are properly in ascending order, but it is very confusing to have the second week show up before the first (weeks in descending order). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based New...

file date modified is diff
hi, I found after time saving switched, I found the same file have two diff date/time. It's one hour diff. I'm using window group. For example, on both pc , have same date/time clock, and file a.txt is 3/18/2010 3:45 when viewing from pc, but in winodw share view from another pc, it's 3/18/2010 2:45, one hour diff. Can someone pls help. Thanks. On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:59:53 -0500, <someone@js.com> wrote: >hi, I found after time saving switched, I found the same file have two diff >date/time. It's one hour diff. >I'm using window group. For ex...

Date in Report Header
I am designing a one page report that consists of 2 subreports to display the data from 2 tables. One of the fields in both tables is time/date, and all the records have the same date but different times. I would like to display the date from these fields in a text box in the report header and not display the date/time field in each record. So far I cannot figure out how to get the date from one of the records and put it in the text box. It seems like this should be easy, but this beginner cannot figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Gary Lets say your date field is cal...

Online Payment Dates
I use Money 2005 Deluxe. I know this topic has been covered before, but I'm trying to figure out how to get an online payment to show up in the register with the proposed date of payment (similar to entering a post-dated check in the register), rather than the date I enter the transaction. Perhaps it's some register preference setting I've overlooked? When I make my online payments, I generally save these entries as drafts first so I can review them before committing to sending them off. Does this possibly have anything to do with this issue? Many thanks in advance for y...

Dates...not showing as dates
Whenever I use a series of date ranges in a chart the display on the axis becomes a series of numbers (IE 1,2,3,4.....) rather than the dates(01/01/2004, 02/01/2004,03/01/2004......). Very frustrating...not sure why. Anyone? Dave - Two possible reasons. 1. Excel isn't using that range of data for the X values. You need to select the entire range when you start the chart wizard, or add what's needed in step 2 of the wizard, or using Source Data from the Chart menu, using the Series tab to select the category range. 2. If it's an XY Scatter chart, the dates look like num...

Sorting approximate dates e.g., 5-72
I am trying to sort an MS Access 2003 database with a text field: ApproxDTE with entries like 5-72 8-58 9-84 .. .. .. As text these do not sort correctly. If I do something funky like datevalue([ApproxDTE]) it gives me values like 5/1/72, 8/1/58, 9/1/84 -- which is great -- but don't try to put in in Assending order. It fails with the error: This expression is typed incorrectly, or it is too complex to be evaluated. For eample, a numeric expression may contain too many complicated elements. Try simplifying the expression by assigning parts of the expression to variables. If I use: ...

Date format and ...
Hi all, please help me with: 1) I get the date format from Windows Control Panel (locale info) with 'GetLocaleInfo()', these formats are: dd/MM/yyyy dddd, dd' de 'MMMM' de 'yyyy But I have mi date in a COleDateTime object and COleDateTime::Format() does not work with these date formats, ¿How can I format my COleDateTime with dd/MM/yyyy and dddd, dd' de 'MMMM' de 'yyyy date formats? 2) Also, I have a CDateTimeCtrl and CDateTimeCtrl::SetFormat() works fine with dd/MM/yyyy and dddd, dd' de 'MMMM' de 'yyyy, but it does not work...

How do I convert date values to non-date format e.g. 01-06-78?
Hello, we have a large spreadsheet (Excel 2003) with bank codes that have been automatically converted to date format. Any bank code in column G that could also be a date, such as 03-07-78, will get converted to 03/07/78. Is there a way to convert these 'dates' back to format for bank code (we do need date format for other column)? Thank you, I think you'd be much better off reimporting the data into excel. If you're importing a text file, make sure that the extension is .txt. Then file|open your workbook and specify Text for that field. But you could try a helper co...

Summing one column based on date in another column
I desperately need help here. I have a spreadsheet that has sales price in one column and the date in another column. It will only add if the date is the month only i.e., January vs January 1, 2005. I need it to add by month based on all days within the month because that column has to have the actual date not just the month. For this example I'll assume date is in column A and amount is in column B: If you're just interested in a specific month (january) you could use this: =SUMPRODUCT(B1:B100,--(MONTH(A1:A100)=1)) Or, if you want to easily be able to change the month being...

Divide a a range of dates into intervals starting with the current date or the latest date in the range of dates
Could someone please advise if the following is possible. I have a table of dates not all dates are represented. I would like to group these dates into regular intervals, perhaps using the GROUP BY statement. For example the table may hold 1 year of dates, there may be multiple dates for the one day and there may be in some cases no entry for a particular day. The interval must always start from the current date, the interval may be say 20 days. The idea is to divide the data into 20 intervals from the date the query is run and then count up the entries if the date falls into ...

search two tables for all dates in range
Hi all (Access 2003) I have a union query which combines all dates for an activity from two tables (Itinerary [ReviewDate] and Itinerary Dates [ReviewDates]). I then have another query which links this query with the Itinerary table and filters on a specified period (startdate and enddate), it only shows the records and start dates from the Itinerary table so I get the Itinerary displayed only once. This returns the correct recordset but it is not updateable and I need the user to be able to edit the records on my form. Is there another way round this please? Thanks... Sue ...